Toqger 28 departing now

Den-O reincarnated! Den-O will never die!
Forum rules

Wiki Link

< Kyouryuuger | Toqger | Ninninger >

Current Spoiler Policy: Rumors and basic info about upcoming show okay. Further plot development like extra rangers not okay.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Toqger 28 departing now

Post by takenoko »

Wiki: http://wiki.tvnihon.com/wiki/TQG_Station_28

Watching Noire fight was a lot of fun. Especially her umbrella weapon.

Don't really like the cannon taking down giants though.

Got to love Hikari as Mr. Cool. Especially when paired with panicky Tokacchi. Hikari's portrayal is pretty interesting. You don't see many introverts represented like this. Like how many characters do you see who choose to separate themselves from the group on purpose? Who feel comfortable being off on their own. I think it's great to get some representation for people like that. Hikari is my kind of people.
Arigomi
Save the life
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Board Games

Re: Toqger 28 departing now

Post by Arigomi »

I liked how this episode wasn't a self-contained vignette but a natural continuation of the plot. All of the plot threads are still in motion with some intersecting and others laying the groundwork for further development.

It was surprising to see Wagon offering useful advice in addition to her usual rule 34 fodder.
Phoenix512
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top

Post by Phoenix512 »

I didn't really like this episode. I think if either Hikari or Tokkachi (leaning towards Hikari) had the feather instead of Right, it probably be a better episode. I feel the development between Hikari and Tokkachi would have been better in that case instead of turning it let's beat up Right because he's a free-spirit goof. Even Mio being under control would have been better instead of Right to really make fighting her very tough.
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

The excuse for the tension between the two was rubbish as well. Tokkachi made an off comment joke and Hikari doesn't say anything because he's stoic then all of a sudden its 'Oh know I've offended him!'
Neurologic
There are five lights!
There are five lights!
Favorite series: Den-O
2nd Favorite Series: Fourze
My boom: Gaim
Type: INTJ Mastermind

Post by Neurologic »

I'm pretty sure its because Tokkatti meant to keep that in his head, i actually think it was his way of being jealous about the way Mio treats Hikari, because of the emotion Tokkatti had behind thought while to the others it seemed like a off-hand observation, the statement carried more weight for him thus his reaction
Some logic can only be found in the brain
dancercotillion
Vaglass
Vaglass
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: Pityin' foo's.
Quote: Some laws you break.
Some laws break you.

Post by dancercotillion »

The point of the tension is that there really isn't any. Tokacchi puts his foot in his mouth and feels embarassed, but Hikari actually doesn't care and subsequently forgot all about it. That's the entire joke of their bromance. It was a nice touch to have Hikari turn around with "actually, I think you're cool because you put yourself out there even if you look like a fool". It can be hard to break out of your shell when you're reserved, and I feel like maybe the message for the kids here is that it's okay to be aloof just as it's okay to be an excitable weirdo.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

Heh, excitable weirdo.
CrazyBlaze
Infinity
Alignment: Lawful Good
My boom: TOKU!
Quote: Finished: Sentai: Dairanger, Kakuranger, Abaranger, Dekaranger. Magiranger, Bokuenger, Go-onger, Shinkenger, Gokaiger, Go-Busters, Kyrouranger

Kamen Rider: Kuuga, Agito, Faiz, Kabuto, Den-O, Kiva, W, OOO, Fourze, Wizard, Gaim

Watching: Gekiranger, ToQer, Drive

Post by CrazyBlaze »

This was an okay episode. I really would like to see a romance between Tokachi and Mio. Hopefully it turns out better than some past Sentai romances. Everything else was pretty good beyond the cannon taking down a giant, albeit a cannon fodder one.

I've also been thinking about the powerup and how ugly it is. If they had just put something on his legs I think it would have worked. It's just too top heavy with the bulky helmet. It might have worked better if the suits were a bit looser and darker but the really tight and shiny suits do not match well with the bulk of the Hyper.
AxemYellow
I'm a ghost... wooo~
I'm a ghost... wooo~
Favorite series: Gekiranger, Ryuki
2nd Favorite Series: Magiranger, OOO
Dreamy: Katou Yakumo
Favorite Actor?: Mizushima Hiro
Type: INTP Architect

Post by AxemYellow »

Fun episode.

Regarding the hill where Tokacchi fell, it looked like they had mowed a small part of it just for this scene.

When Noire was controlling Right, why didn't she have him destroy half the city? I thought she was evil.

Return to “Ressha Sentai Toqger”