Team Gaim
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: KR Agito/Kabuto
Dreamy: Akiyama Nana
Favorite Actor?: Hongo Kanata
Favorite Band: Maroon 5
Alignment: Neutral Evil
My boom: ONORE DECADE
Quote: Ore wa hitori dake jubun da. Dare mou tomete nai, dare mou jama wa saseru nai. Sa... Omae-tachi kakatte koi yo.
Type: ESTP Promoter

Re: Kamen Rider Gaim Movie: The soccer battle released

Post by kyoichikiller90 »

I'm glad that I'm not the only one who enjoyed the Riders vs Soldiers
Ryousha
7X
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
Quote: "Kiva, Kamen Ride: Emperor"

Post by Ryousha »

This movie was badly paced, aiya. It just doesn't feel like it's a well-written movie. I mean the trailers for this movie made this movie look like it was going to be amazing, but the execution failed miserably. More so than Wizard's movie and despite the bigger budget, I'd say movies like OOO Wonderful was a better movie and experience.

I liked the design of the Apple Riders, but we never really got to see Kamuro vs Mars ever and I don't think they were even in the same shot (except CGI Kamuro and CGI Ball + Kiwami Arms Gaim).
(Also: Can someone update the tvnihonwiki for Kougane's Rider Name being Mars instead of Malus?)
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Post by Lunagel »

Really don't think they meant it to be Mars, Malus makes way more sense
Ryousha
7X
Quote: "Kiva, Kamen Ride: Emperor"

Post by Ryousha »

But on like every promotional image they have says it's Mars, I don't think they'd screw up that badly. Plus, that photoshoot of Mars looks really impressive, I doubt it's a mistake. Possible the name Mars is a reference to being a God (of Battle?) since that's all the wooden character was talking about the entire movie anyhow.
Go-On Macaroni
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top
Type: INFP Healer

Post by Go-On Macaroni »

Ryousha wrote:Plus, that photoshoot of Mars looks really impressive, I doubt it's a mistake
I'm... not sure how that would prove anything.
I mean, Tajador for example could have a nice photoshoot too but, that wouldn't mean its name becomes "Tajyadol" because of it.
toni2212
Team Gaim
Team Gaim
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Kabuto
2nd Favorite Series: Gokaiger
Dreamy: Luka Milffy
Favorite Actor?: Hidenori Tokuyama
Favorite Band: Psychic Lover
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Ogino Karin
Quote: "Time travel isn't confusing, it's Toei that makes it confusing" - me

Post by toni2212 »

Well, I can see the writer's idea of tying it to the show without upsetting Urobuchi by giving the movie some sort of backstory to the Overlord, but the writer clearly can't pull it in the same style that Urobuchi did.

Oh Toei........as if the Rider didn't use their bike much in the show, and now Baron didn't even consider to use the Rose Attacker for his bike action? And Kouta still wastes all those minutes running....But hey, at least Gaim is finally riding a horse. The explanation is kinda cheap, but at least Gaim finally rides a horse. FINALLY.

Wait, do I know that guy? He must be from older Kamen Rider series. Oh he's gone? Never mind.....Cheap shot Toei. Asking BeetBuster and Kaidou just for a few dialogue.
Philip Aldraine
Kamen Knight
Alignment: Lawful Neutral
Quote: Koko kara wa ore no sutēji da!

Post by Philip Aldraine »

Okay so maybe the movie wasn't as great as I thought it would be, but I still enjoyed it. Aside from the soccer fans and soccer world, the the Lock seed usage by Kouta (Durion and Gridon) made me happy. I was wondering when they were going to use those Lock Seeds. The horseback riding ( FINALLY! I'VE BEEN WAITING!) was great even though there were only a few scenes with Gaim and Mars. Also, I don't understand why Mitsuzane retain his memories?

The ending scene with Kouta and the other Riders made me extremely happy. I was expecting a fight from ALL riders and not kicking a soccer ball, but I take what I get. And I almost had a tear in my eye. Lapis was cool even if he was an Overlord who said he was worthless (not exactly worthless, but you get the idea)
Currently Watching: Ex-Aid, Kyuranger.

'Once you've seen the light, you can never go back to the darkness!'
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Post by Lunagel »

Go-On Macaroni wrote:
Ryousha wrote:Plus, that photoshoot of Mars looks really impressive, I doubt it's a mistake
I'm... not sure how that would prove anything.
I mean, Tajador for example could have a nice photoshoot too but, that wouldn't mean its name becomes "Tajyadol" because of it.
Plus when you put "Mars" into Japanese it's マーズ whereas this is マルス. This is one of those instances where the official Toei staff told everyone in Japanese "Oh, his name is マルス" and then the guys in charge of the magazines are like "well how do we romanize this so it looks cool?" Since マ= ma ル=ru/lu ス=su, you could technically get "Mars" from it but the pronunciation is different.

Plus "Malus" means "apple" in Latin, so it only makes sense. "Mars" has absolutely nothing to do with the theme at all and it's not really a good romanization either.
Digifiend
Gabu

Post by Digifiend »

ViRGE wrote:Though I still don't know why Yuuya even exists...
That's bugging me too. If Kougane was impersonating Yuuya, where's the real Yuuya? If there's no Helheim invasion then he never got killed, so the story of him gifting Kouta the Sengoku Driver is likely true (would make sense, if that's why he wanted to show him it in episode 1 - unlucky Sid thought Yuuya was going to use it himself, but he never intended to).
Luryuu
Team Gaim
Team Gaim
Favorite series: Kamen Rider W
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Ryuki
Dreamy: Yayoi Ulshade
Favorite Actor?: Renn Kiriyama
Favorite Band: Ikimono Gakari
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: Marie Iitoyo
Quote: I'll be your last hope. - Souma Haruto
Type: INFJ Counselor

Post by Luryuu »

I think it was an okay movie. It was like they made a way of retelling the whole series but failed horribly. I was also anticipating the Jinba Melon and Horseback riding. :lol: I guess we shouldn't expect a lot from a summer movie? xD
^credits to the maker
JustiFanV2
7X

Post by JustiFanV2 »

I liked the film but, wow, what a waste of that Rider line-up at the end. Though it was cool to see them all standing side by side, they didn't really get to do a whole lot. Kiwami Gaim pretty much kicked all the ass that needed to be kicked beforehand singlehandedly - I was waiting for the awesome-looking Kamuro to lay some smackdown also and he just... didn't. :(
MVZ-800
7X
Favorite series: Dairanger
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Gaim
My boom: Video games

Post by MVZ-800 »

Digifiend wrote:
ViRGE wrote:Though I still don't know why Yuuya even exists...
That's bugging me too. If Kougane was impersonating Yuuya, where's the real Yuuya? If there's no Helheim invasion then he never got killed, so the story of him gifting Kouta the Sengoku Driver is likely true (would make sense, if that's why he wanted to show him it in episode 1 - unlucky Sid thought Yuuya was going to use it himself, but he never intended to).
Because it's a dream world. Lapis or Shimibishi or whatever his name was created the world so they could live in harmony, but they still fought because of Kougane. I'm guessing Yuuya was just created as a remnant of the memory, and it allowed Kougane to infiltrate.

Silver Arms was such a waste. "Here, I'll transform! AND TURN INTO A SOCCER BALL"

I'm never gonna get to see Jimber Melon :(
kyoichikiller90
Team Gaim
Team Gaim
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: KR Agito/Kabuto
Dreamy: Akiyama Nana
Favorite Actor?: Hongo Kanata
Favorite Band: Maroon 5
Alignment: Neutral Evil
My boom: ONORE DECADE
Quote: Ore wa hitori dake jubun da. Dare mou tomete nai, dare mou jama wa saseru nai. Sa... Omae-tachi kakatte koi yo.
Type: ESTP Promoter

Post by kyoichikiller90 »

Jimber Melon... Ha Haa... Nahh. I was expecting Kuroi Jimber Gaim will be more powerful than Kiwami but it turned out to be puke. And still never get to see Jimber Melon? What are the speciality for Jimber Melon still doesn't know, I guess it just for Toys promotional purposes, same goes to Kamen Rider Cyclone.

I like the transition for Overlords reference to other Riders, Kaito as Demushu, Micchi as Redyue and Takatora as Roshuo.
Phoenix512
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top

Post by Phoenix512 »

Kamen Rider Cyclone was in the W light novel so Jimber Melon might get that treatment as well.
Jehal
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Dekaranger
2nd Favorite Series: Ryuki
Alignment: Neutral Good

Post by Jehal »

This movie had nothing to do with soccer.
I was lied to and I'm disappointed.
Completed Series

Rider: From Kuuga to Drive, and Ex-Aid to Zi-O
Next Up: Ghost

Sentai: Zyuranger, Kakuranger, From Dekaranger to ToQGer, and Kyuuranger to Ryusoulger
Next Up: Ninninger

Return to “Kamen Rider Gaim”