Ninninger mecha and names revealed

Nin nin de gozaru!
Forum rules

Wiki Link

< Toqger | Ninninger | Jyuohger >

Current Spoiler Policy: Rumors and basic info about upcoming show okay. Further plot development like extra rangers not okay.
bowspearer
Go Go!
Favorite series: Boukenger
2nd Favorite Series: Dairanger
Alignment: Chaotic Good

Re: Ninninja mecha and names revealed

Post by bowspearer »

Cthulhu wrote:
Kamen Rider Ookalf wrote:Some more toy pics, and stuff.
Man i figured the little mecha would be a little more fused to the main body but he is literaly sitting on it :?
Yeah, something bugged me about it as soon as I saw that and I finally put my finger on it. I know ideas might not be coming as easily as they used to for Toei with Super Sentai, but ripping off Games Workshop? Not cool Toei.
FirenOh
Vaglass
Vaglass
Favorite series: Ex-Aid
2nd Favorite Series: Timeranger
Favorite Actor?: Mio Kudo
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: Hoshimachi Suisei
Type: INTP Architect

Post by FirenOh »

bowspearer wrote:Yeah, something bugged me about it as soon as I saw that and I finally put my finger on it. I know ideas might not be coming as easily as they used to for Toei with Super Sentai, but ripping off Games Workshop? Not cool Toei.
Is that a joke, or do you actually think Toei cares about Warhammer, or even knows that figure exists?
I am pretty sure they were inspired by something else entirely, that also happened to contain a throne.
"Absence diminishes little passions and increases great ones, as wind extinguishes candles and fans a fire." -Walt Whitman
Yes, you are certain Walt Whitman said that. One hundred percent positive.
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Post by Lunagel »

Game of Thrones has actually been translated into Japanese, which is more than I can say for Warhammer
bowspearer
Go Go!

Post by bowspearer »

FirenOh wrote:
bowspearer wrote:Yeah, something bugged me about it as soon as I saw that and I finally put my finger on it. I know ideas might not be coming as easily as they used to for Toei with Super Sentai, but ripping off Games Workshop? Not cool Toei.
Is that a joke, or do you actually think Toei cares about Warhammer, or even knows that figure exists?
I am pretty sure they were inspired by something else entirely, that also happened to contain a throne.
Lunagel wrote:Game of Thrones has actually been translated into Japanese, which is more than I can say for Warhammer
Actually, I just did a quick google search and according to the top search result, not only have GW had stores in Japan for some time, but apparently there's a thriving GW gaming community in Japan. You were saying?
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Post by Lunagel »

Huh, didn't know that. Regardless, thrones aren't a new invention, you can hardly say everything using a throne is ripping off Warhammer
bowspearer
Go Go!

Post by bowspearer »

Lunagel wrote:Huh, didn't know that. Regardless, thrones aren't a new invention, you can hardly say everything using a throne is ripping off Warhammer
I didn't say thrones were a new invention. What I said was that a mecha, which is essentially a guy in a throne, controlling the limbs attached to said throne, is essentially ripping off the Throne of Judgement.
VerusMaya II
Humongous
Favorite series: Ultraman Mebius, Lupinranger vs Patranger, Kamen Rider Build
2nd Favorite Series: Gokaiger, Ryukendo
Dreamy: Q
Favorite Band: Calexico
My boom: FFXIV
Quote: veridis quo
Type: INFP Healer

Post by VerusMaya II »

Nothing under the sun is new. I doubt they're ripping off so much as arriving at the same idea independently.
we are here to take the blame; to take the taunts and live the shame
we are here to make you feel; it terrifies you, but it's real
Kogashi
Yggdrasill Dog
Yggdrasill Dog
Favorite series: Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Shinkenger
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: OK KO Let's Be Heroes
Quote: Man should not live on carbohydrates alone, complex or otherwise.
Type: ENFJ Teacher

Post by Kogashi »

Everything makes much more sense, once you come to accept the existence of the universal subconscious, leading to multiple similar ideas to be made without ever coming in contact with each other.
READING TOO MUCH INTO THINGS![/size] including random over analysis rants on pop culture, and Tokusatsu series reviews, if Toei gets off my back for long enough. Also follow on twitter @R2TMIT, or facebook.com/R2TMIT
dancercotillion
Vaglass
Vaglass
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: Pityin' foo's.
Quote: Some laws you break.
Some laws break you.

Post by dancercotillion »

I love Games Workshop's stuff, but those guys can't do anything original themselves. Ripping off GW is like ripping off the off-brand knockoff of a dozen other things.
friendlyquark
7X
Favorite series: Gokaiger
Dreamy: Bruce Banner
Favorite Actor?: Jet Li
Favorite Band: Imogen Heap
My boom: writing
Quote: Ca va, go-busters?

Post by friendlyquark »

Besides, Toei has been ripping stuff off for years! Magiranger was obviously a Harry Potter theme, because that was what was popular at the time. Toei rides trends and makes big bucks off of it. I'm just surprised that no one has ice powers that they are trying to hide from their sister. LOL
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

Keeping in mind that Japan invented pilotable giant robots, everything else is drawn off that, so they can't really rip anything off.
Kogashi
Yggdrasill Dog
Yggdrasill Dog
Favorite series: Gaim
My boom: OK KO Let's Be Heroes
Quote: Man should not live on carbohydrates alone, complex or otherwise.
Type: ENFJ Teacher

Post by Kogashi »

Sides, they prefer you call it 'inspired by' or 'themed around'. Not ripped off... *Insert every joke at Japan's abuse of international copyright laws expense here*
READING TOO MUCH INTO THINGS![/size] including random over analysis rants on pop culture, and Tokusatsu series reviews, if Toei gets off my back for long enough. Also follow on twitter @R2TMIT, or facebook.com/R2TMIT

Return to “Shuriken Sentai Ninninger”