Ninninger 04 sanjou!

Nin nin de gozaru!
Forum rules

Wiki Link

< Toqger | Ninninger | Jyuohger >

Current Spoiler Policy: Rumors and basic info about upcoming show okay. Further plot development like extra rangers not okay.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Ninninger 04 sanjou!

Post by takenoko »

http://wiki.tvnihon.com/wiki/Ninninger_Shinobi_no_04

A typical "red learns teamwork" episode. Are we really stealing the oden metaphor from Shinkenger? I guess we are.

Kind of a weak episode for me. It's a red focused episode, but it still hasn't really developed his character in any way, nor does it address his lack of charisma or personality. He hasn't really bothered me in previous episodes, because the other characters would fill in what he lacks. But when the whole episode focuses on him, it really highlights how shallow and uninteresting he really is.

Really, every other Ninninger is more interesting than Takaharu. Considering he's got a sister, a dad, and a grandfather, you'd think they'd play off those relationships a bit more, but nope. He's got to learn his lesson (which he doesn't really learn) and he's got to save the day by himself (maybe with a little help from Yakumo's plan?)

I was hoping for a bit more of an intro into how the extra mecha got introduced, but I guess it just happens instantly when they gain enough XP. Didn't really get a feel for Paonmaru besides his ability to suck up webs. I do like that this year's robo swaps out the chest piece instead of the arm or the hat, but it really does just look like ShurikenJin with a new hat. I kind of wish they had just finished the battle with Paonmaru's humanoid form instead.

I have to admit that I like the use of Sealed Shurikens as a shared resource among the good and bad guys. The idea that it's a power that can help you, or turn on you, depending on the situation makes for better plots, I think.
xiiliea
Humongous
Favorite series: Ultraman Nexus
2nd Favorite Series: Ultraman Gaia
Favorite Actor?: Fujita Ray
Alignment: Neutral Good

Re: Ninninger 04 sanjou!

Post by xiiliea »

It seems that every episode the grandpa sends messages using a different way. This week's one was really funny and creative.
PHurricane
The Eyes in the Skies
The Eyes in the Skies
Favorite series: W/Den-O
2nd Favorite Series: Gokaiger

Post by PHurricane »

Aside from the laughter that was supposed to be genuine, and instead sounded like a mocking impersonation of laughter, Takaharu didn’t bug me much this week. He’s still the weak link in the cast, which is unfortunate given how much of the plot has revolved around him so far, but the plot was so typical of sentai it was hard to mess it up.

The true forms of the Sealing Shurikens being Otomo Nin Shurikens is neat, but also risky. If they plan on using them to seal the big bad again, they’re going to have to give up their arsenal at some point.

Paonmaru is cute, but I was disappointed that Red pilots him. I figured that the auxiliary mecha would give Yellow, White and Pink a chance - even on a rotating basis - to pilot ShurikenJin. Alas, that does not appear to be true.

A slight tangent that I got to thinking about as I was watching this week. Judging by the honorifics they call each other - I assumed that Kasumi is the oldest, followed by Takaharu, Yakumo, Nagi and then Fuuka. When I checked the wiki, I wasn’t too shocked to see that Takaharu is actually the oldest, then probably Kasumi and Yakumo. I was shocked, however, to see that Fuuka comes next, with Nagi as the youngest...and at only 16! With all the licenses he has and spending all his time training with the group as a Ninninger, are we supposed to assume he skipped high school?
Jetman
Infinity

Post by Jetman »

xiiliea wrote:It seems that every episode the grandpa sends messages using a different way. This week's one was really funny and creative.
Yeah, Gramps was great. One of the better mentor characters I think. And I have to agree again that Takaharu is my least favorite Ninninger and is, yet again, the biggest weak spot in an otherwise fairly solid group of characters. I hope Pink gets a turn as the gattai mecha's center next episode. It would be annoying if they have a gimmick like that and then just have it be Red all the time.
Kogashi
Yggdrasill Dog
Yggdrasill Dog
Favorite series: Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Shinkenger
My boom: OK KO Let's Be Heroes
Quote: Man should not live on carbohydrates alone, complex or otherwise.
Type: ENFJ Teacher

Post by Kogashi »

... As long as Taka doesn't start screaming 'ODEN!' during all his attacks... I mean it made sense with Jan since he was raised in the wild and is kind of dim... Yes I am equating this to when Jan learned the valuable lesson of patience. Still, the monster designs still have me hooked, and Takaharu's acting is, slowly, improving... He says as if any of that matters he's still going to watch the whole series.
READING TOO MUCH INTO THINGS![/size] including random over analysis rants on pop culture, and Tokusatsu series reviews, if Toei gets off my back for long enough. Also follow on twitter @R2TMIT, or facebook.com/R2TMIT
DekaBreak
Kamen Knight
Favorite series: Nexus
2nd Favorite Series: Gaim
Dreamy: Sumi Tomomi Jiena
Favorite Actor?: Sumi Tomomi Jiena
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Japanese Language
Quote: If you fail to plan, you plan to fail.
Type: INTJ Mastermind

Post by DekaBreak »

The 1080p has been bundled with the 720p torrent... Oops.
TankCoyote
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Gokaiger
2nd Favorite Series: Decade
Dreamy: Joe
Favorite Actor?: Gai
Favorite Band: Yes
Alignment: Lawful Neutral
My boom: my GF
Quote: GOKAICHANGE! GoooookaiSiiiilver!

Post by TankCoyote »

end of episode preview
Spoiler
Shinobi mech does the robot?
megamanx132
That's so ridiculous
That's so ridiculous
Favorite series: Kamen Rider W
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen rider Kiva
Quote: All those who lay eyes on a Gundam shall not live to tell about it.

Post by megamanx132 »

Cannot wait to see how bad the ultra combined mech is going to be this year after the train cluster. Other then that thought it was an otherwise decent episode that was better off at the start then in the middle, as far as character building goes at least.
ja450n
Favorite series: Kamen Raidā Dikeido
2nd Favorite Series: Majirenjā

Post by ja450n »

noticed a small typo at 20:00 minutes in. The sub says "I can't get enoughaphant of this!}" (includes the curly bracket)

~~edit for clarity, the typo isn't the pun, it's the curly bracket being there.
Last edited by ja450n on Wed Mar 18, 2015 9:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
toni2212
Team Gaim
Team Gaim
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Kabuto
2nd Favorite Series: Gokaiger
Dreamy: Luka Milffy
Favorite Actor?: Hidenori Tokuyama
Favorite Band: Psychic Lover
My boom: Ogino Karin
Quote: "Time travel isn't confusing, it's Toei that makes it confusing" - me

Post by toni2212 »

I guess that one was supposed to be a word pun. That aside, I really wish Takaharu would get some sort of improvement character-wise. He is the Red, but his character development is really weak. Not to mention the actor is not helping much. Although him meeting Gen from Drive would be quite funny considering both tendencies to say wrong names confidently.

Well, this is the first time they showed an individual stock transformation sequence, although only Red got it. Previously they showed the whole team's, or on the set's transformation sequence. Now I'm waiting for the rest of the team.
kuroblack
Go Go!

Post by kuroblack »

I'm often annoyed by "Red"-characters like Go-on Red or Deka Red. :? But this one, this one is special.... :roll: the KY is strong with this one. Or he is just a real dense fireball.
Phoenix512
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top

Post by Phoenix512 »

The 720p torrent is fixed now.
EssThree
There are five lights!
There are five lights!
Favorite series: Gaim:Shinkenger:Garo
2nd Favorite Series: W:Yuusha Yoshihiko
Favorite Band: New Order
My boom: Youtube food shows
Quote: Toku watchlist:
-Completed-
SS: Zyu, Dai, Kaku, Deka, Magi, Shinken, Gosei
KR: First, Next, Den-O, W, OOO, Fourze, Gaim
Misc: Garo/Beast/RR/Kiba, Cutie Honey, Yoshihiko
-Current-
Ohranger, Ninninger, KR Drive, Garo Makai Senki, PGSM
Type: INTP Architect

Post by EssThree »

Energetic reds are always my least favourite sort. This one doesn't seem TOO over the top, but I think that may just end up making him mediocre. I feel like every episode has focused on him too, even though the first episode was "meant" to be a general introduction episode, 2 was "meant" to be a blue episode and 3 was "meant" to be a yellow episode; they've all wound up heavily featuring red in one way or another. That said, still enjoying it, and loving the mecha gimmick. Going to remain optimistic!
AxemYellow
I'm a ghost... wooo~
I'm a ghost... wooo~
Favorite series: Gekiranger, Ryuki
2nd Favorite Series: Magiranger, OOO
Dreamy: Katou Yakumo
Favorite Actor?: Mizushima Hiro
Alignment: Neutral
Type: INTP Architect

Post by AxemYellow »

Ok episode, I guess.

In the first half of the episode, I was thinking about Takaharu: "Man, this guy is an a**hole!"

Overall, while similar, I didn't think this story was nearly as good as "Pork Cube Stew!" or the SWAT episode of Dekaranger where Ban learned teamwork. Unless there is a major change, Takaharu really will get in the way of the team being as impressive as it should be.

Grampa is still fun.
Kuchiri
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: LuPat
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger
Dreamy: There are alot.
Favorite Actor?: Alot of this too.
Type: INFP Healer

Post by Kuchiri »

I'm getting the feeling Red is overly annoying on purpose and eventually he will grow as a character.

Return to “Shuriken Sentai Ninninger”