KR Drive 25 released

I'm a fine-tuned supersonic speed machine
Forum rules

Kamen Rider Drive Wiki Link

< Gaim | Drive | Ghost >

Spoiler rules: No posting information about unreleased stuff. Preview and movie promo discussion must be in marked spoiler tags.
Yaiba
Sentai Senshi
Favorite series: Dekaranger, Gokaiger, Magiranger, Shinkenger, Kyouryuuger, Kuuga

KR Drive 25 released

Post by Yaiba »

http://wiki.tvnihon.com/wiki/Kamen_Rider_Drive_25

I don't quite understand the reasoning in this episode. Isn't it that Shinnosuke wants to go public about Drive's identity? Why is he trying to make it a secret again with Gen-san and Kyuu-chan at the end. And I don't understand why Shinnosuke is upset that the media knows about it? And why is everyone surprised? He transformed in front of a whole bunch of people in front of the hospital. The whole world will knows about it even if the chief didn't leak it to the media.

And let's dismiss the times where Shinnosuke transformed in front of other citizens, Belt-san has been pretty firm about keeping the identity a secret. So why the sudden change of attitude? I mean, Mach is already keeping the dude busy. Couldn't the Shift Cars create a diversion while Shinnosuke runs off some place to transform?

And then they put in an super annoying character the First Division Chief, so the audience would agree that the reveal is necessary. So why try so hard to justify the reveal, then go to show they still wanted to keep it a secret. When he willing transformed in public, they can't keep it a secret anymore.

So I've been thinking, maybe Profession Banno (creator of Roidmude) isn't actually dead, or have survived in another way. You know, Roidmude can copy a human's skills and memory.

We haven't seen Drive's default finisher since episode 1.

There's a big splash of water on the ground when Drive arrested Taga, was Tridoron leaking of something.

That's the shortest preview ever. Go on, Chase. We all know where this is going.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Re: KR Drive 25 released

Post by takenoko »

Pretty interesting that this number plate changes when they go become speakers

That Drive transformation was great, with the way it circled around.

LOL. Kiriko's special ability is to see Chase when no one else can. Is this the power of... love?!

That's pretty cool that the guys who laughed at Gen came back in this episode to apologize. I also love seeing the chief and Kyuu playing with Rider masks on.

Random thought, why doesn't Drive have a patrol car form? That would have looked cool.

Tomari, pay attention, The core didn't break.

An episode of secrets revealed. Kyuu learns about Kiriko's secret. Everyone learns about Tomari's. The preview made it seem like the whole episode would be about Tomari dealing with that, but it only really happens at the end.

Another theme that is continuing. Last week we saw Go and Kiriko as kids. This week we see young Tomari with his dad.

So excited for the next episode.
OOOKaiser
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by OOOKaiser »

Is it just me or whenever Drive uses his Formula form he never manages to destroy the Core
xiiliea
Humongous
Favorite series: Ultraman Nexus
2nd Favorite Series: Ultraman Gaia
Favorite Actor?: Fujita Ray
Alignment: Neutral Good

Post by xiiliea »

I've been waiting so long for Chase to become a Kamen Rider. Can't wait for next episode :)

Also, wasn't Rinna working on another belt or something? It was probably for Chase, since it's the same design as Mach's.
VerusMaya II
Humongous
Favorite series: Ultraman Mebius, Lupinranger vs Patranger, Kamen Rider Build
2nd Favorite Series: Gokaiger, Ryukendo
Dreamy: Q
Favorite Band: Calexico
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: FFXIV
Quote: veridis quo
Type: INFP Healer

Post by VerusMaya II »

Despite my intense love for Shinnosuke I've kinda been watching for Chase too so I am so ready for him to get more screentime.
we are here to take the blame; to take the taunts and live the shame
we are here to make you feel; it terrifies you, but it's real
Connie_Edogawa
Juu Mousou!!!!!
Juu Mousou!!!!!
Favorite series: Go-Busters and Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger and Ryuki
Dreamy: Hinata Hyuga
Favorite Actor?: Mizuki Nana
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Touhou Project
Quote: "Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away from them and you have their shoes." -Jack Handy
Type: INFP Healer

Post by Connie_Edogawa »

"oh, no! major plot developments! quick! everyone just stay quiet, don't move, and maybe they'll go away. we've been doing such a good job being average so far."

this was an ok episode. I like that we're getting to meet more of the first 9 roidmude, plus new wrinkles in the fight against them now that humans are getting more directly involved.

looking forward to next episode more than I have been in a while.
ViRGE
Save the life

Post by ViRGE »

Perhaps I'm just in a forgiving mood this week, but I really liked this episode.

Things happened, things that mattered! There was inner conflict, plot progression, and Chase even did something useful for once. The whole buildup to the public seeing Drive transform was also nicely done from a style standpoint; it was very energetic.

No doubt this is going to be short lived, but with the series dragging on for so long this is a nice chance of pace.
I don't quite understand the reasoning in this episode. Isn't it that Shinnosuke wants to go public about Drive's identity? Why is he trying to make it a secret again with Gen-san and Kyuu-chan at the end. And I don't understand why Shinnosuke is upset that the media knows about it?
It's the difference between the burden of keeping secrets from your co-workers - people whose jobs are directly responsible for Drive being able to do his - and the burden of the public and the image of a superhero.
And let's dismiss the times where Shinnosuke transformed in front of other citizens, Belt-san has been pretty firm about keeping the identity a secret. So why the sudden change of attitude? I mean, Mach is already keeping the dude busy.
If by keeping busy you mean getting the stuffing beat out of him...

Edit: Also, why isn't this on the front page? The SD version isn't being seeded either
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

>Edit: Also, why isn't this on the front page? The SD version isn't being seeded either

Oh, I was just exhausted earlier and told everyone that I'd update the page after a nap. The SD got unseeded because of the v2 for some reason.
Virgo Angel
Adventure
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Kabuto
2nd Favorite Series: Ninja Sentai Kakuran
Dreamy: Gentarou Kisaragi
Favorite Actor?: Sota Fukushi
My boom: Junya Ikeda

Post by Virgo Angel »

the suit this week for the monster was really good i enjoyed it,
Spoiler
and so excited for chaser next week
also....dammit kiriko needs to be a rider, be it just in a movie or something, im content with her stealing her brothers belt and being mach for an episode she just needs to show her stuff, also we've been seeing less of her kick butt and more of her being all angsty with chaser >.>
Last edited by Go-On Macaroni on Fri Apr 17, 2015 5:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Please put preview talk in spoiler tags, thank you. - Mac
Digifiend
Gabu

Post by Digifiend »

Just a theory, but if Rinna can make a duplicate Mach Driver, she can probably make another Drive Driver as well. Retrieve the Proto Speed shift car from Heart and Kiriko might be able to become Proto-Drive. Sure, it's a weaker version of Drive, but Nadeshiko was basically a weaker version of Fourze, so...
OOOKaiser
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by OOOKaiser »

Digifiend wrote:Just a theory, but if Rinna can make a duplicate Mach Driver, she can probably make another Drive Driver as well. Retrieve the Proto Speed shift car from Heart and Kiriko might be able to become Proto-Drive. Sure, it's a weaker version of Drive, but Nadeshiko was basically a weaker version of Fourze, so...
Kamen Riders, Kamen Riders everywhere
ViRGE
Save the life

Post by ViRGE »

OOOKaiser wrote:
Digifiend wrote:Just a theory, but if Rinna can make a duplicate Mach Driver, she can probably make another Drive Driver as well. Retrieve the Proto Speed shift car from Heart and Kiriko might be able to become Proto-Drive. Sure, it's a weaker version of Drive, but Nadeshiko was basically a weaker version of Fourze, so...
Kamen Riders, Kamen Riders everywhere
Wait a sec, this isn't Gaim...
Phoenix512
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top

Post by Phoenix512 »

I don't think there could be another Drive Driver since what makes the Driver unique is Krim's essence. Building another Mach Driver is easy since there's no AI in it.
OOOKaiser
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by OOOKaiser »

Phoenix512 wrote:I don't think there could be another Drive Driver since what makes the Driver unique is Krim's essence. Building another Mach Driver is easy since there's no AI in it.
You don't have to put an AI in it. It can just be am empty driver hence the name Proto-Drive.
JonSilver
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Post by JonSilver »

I LOVED the transformation this time, I actually got goosebumps, but the whole thing with the Captain being in on it the whole time seemed kinda out of nowhere. A few weeks ago, when he threw the shift cars at the fake corpses that attacked he seemed genuinely surprised and calling them "Shinnosuke's toy cars" even if no one else was around. I mean if he knew everything, that would've been a good time to show some kind of foreshadowing... Guess that's just me nitpicking, but yeah :p

Return to “Kamen Rider Drive”