Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Complaining about Bloodborne

Post by takenoko »

http://takkynoko.tumblr.com/post/117509 ... -decisions

Or more specifically, problems in Bloodborne that were fixed problems in previous Souls games.
Kogashi
Yggdrasill Dog
Yggdrasill Dog
Favorite series: Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Shinkenger
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: OK KO Let's Be Heroes
Quote: Man should not live on carbohydrates alone, complex or otherwise.
Type: ENFJ Teacher

Re: Complaining about Bloodborne

Post by Kogashi »

The load times they're working on a patch to fix. But be fair, Bloodborne's main map, IE Yarnam, is giant. It is loading basically all at once Central Yarnam, the Cathedral Ward, and Old Yarnam at the very least at once. The issue with Warping and Check pointing, is an issue I agree. There should be a way to sit at one of the lamp posts without sending you back to the hunter's dream at very least. No real opinion on the issue of multi-use, and personally I like how you don't have to go back to the Hunter's Dream to replenish your stock of items every time you died after using the. No room of 10 people will ever agree on which works better for jumping. I haven't played far enough to get any runes, nor have I had a hard enough time that I needed to farm for blood viles which can be bought at the merchant's pool at the hunter's dream if so desperate. I agree from the bosses I've faced, they are hard and in a different way than Dark Souls 1's hardness but that's because the pacing of the game is different. It's less wait out their attacks then hit when they're finished. It's about pro-activity, the game wants you to get in there, get hurt, and cut the monsters back getting back the health you risked for the hit in the first place. It's about not standing still when an attack comes, but always being on the move, circling your opponent as they do the same, dashing in the same direction as each other.

... That said I still take too long when I play it as my anxiety just keeps kicking up as I play x_x
READING TOO MUCH INTO THINGS![/size] including random over analysis rants on pop culture, and Tokusatsu series reviews, if Toei gets off my back for long enough. Also follow on twitter @R2TMIT, or facebook.com/R2TMIT
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

>and personally I like how you don't have to go back to the Hunter's Dream to replenish your stock of items every time you died after using the.

But my complaint is you do. It restocks blood vials and bullets, but not any other consumable. If you need tranquillizer, antidote, fire bombs, poison throwing knives, you have to head back to the dream if you run out.
Joosche
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
My boom: High Fantasy

Post by Joosche »

The main problem about the loading time is that this issue wasn't solved before the launch. But even fixed, some areas still takes to long to load. PS4 has a powerful hardware and it can do better.

I have nothing against the blood vials system. If the game is fun, farming is not a problem.

I agree about the Runes.

Gems are a stupid concept. From Software is smarter than that.

I 'love' when I'm kicked out of the game when the WiFi connection drop.

It's not possible to change the button's system to config the jump to L3? I didn't try to change because the circle button system is the best way for me.
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

Haven't really gotten around to getting this. How is it different from Souls other than changing the terms for everything?
Kogashi
Yggdrasill Dog
Yggdrasill Dog
Favorite series: Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Shinkenger
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: OK KO Let's Be Heroes
Quote: Man should not live on carbohydrates alone, complex or otherwise.
Type: ENFJ Teacher

Post by Kogashi »

Due not only to the lack of shield but also to the enemies AI aggression it's much more aggressive than how passive Dark Souls can be. Some people also have equated some of the better combat moments such as against bosses or other hunters, more to Character Action games, or even Armor Core without the boosters.
READING TOO MUCH INTO THINGS![/size] including random over analysis rants on pop culture, and Tokusatsu series reviews, if Toei gets off my back for long enough. Also follow on twitter @R2TMIT, or facebook.com/R2TMIT
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

Like Kogashi said, the combat is pretty fast and fun... except I think that lead to there being a few bosses with a one shot move, which makes it a lot less fun until you figure out how to avoid those attacks.

Having a dedicated heal button is certainly nice.

I haven't really done much PVP. The enemy hunters certainly feel like other players. They're really upped the AI for the enemies.

I was never much of a shield guy in Demon's Souls/Dark Souls, so the transition felt perfectly natural to me anyway. If you're going to wait, maybe hold off to see if the DLC comes out to fix some of the balance issues, other user interface gripes.

To respond to the farming comment above, the game doesn't stay fun if you have to halt your pacing just to go through two loading screens just to replenish your supply of heals. I understand there needs to be some incentive for revisiting old NPCs and old areas, but that doesn't make killing the same guys I killed a billion times before more fun, especially when I'm a lot more powerful at that time and they're more a nuisance than a genuine challenge.

Return to “Games”