Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

YGO 5D's

Post by takenoko »

Just watched the first two episodes this weekend. Have to say I like the main character's design. He's also the cool and silent type, very intimidating. The gimmicks don't seem as good though. The motorcycle card duels aren't very exciting and are really kind of ludicrous. The theme of the main character's monsters don't seem as sexy as a dark magician or elemental heroes either.

Despite that, I do like the story of being wronged and revenge(?) that's occuring. It's kind of cool to see the main guy struggling. I mean, he's literally trying to get out of the junk yard and into civilization.

It's still card-battles-solve-everything YGO. The first episode ends with a motorcycle card duel with a cop to escape arrest. But such is a world based on Kaiba's vision, right?

I think this series has potential. Unlike the card academy which had no real main story driving it, this one has a shining rival, which is reminiscient of the original YGO series.
shadowneko003
Rank Gone due to timeline changes
Favorite series: Abaranger
Favorite Band: Cascada
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
Quote: Her boyfriend's a pilot

Re: YGO 5D's

Post by shadowneko003 »

I've seen the first episode and thought it was ok. I'm wiling to give this 5D a few more episodes before I either drop or continue it. Character design looks nice. I wonder how many years exactly did pass between 5D and DM and GX....

I'd have to agree that motorcycle dueling is absurd. Why can't we stick with traditional dueling, like a nice yami no game? XD I think I'll go watch some DM Memory Arc now.
LJ Blogger
Do not PM me about DDL links. Please report them here in the correct forum

YES, we know our DDL links are dead! READ THIS.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

It's decades after Yuugi's era. It takes place in Neo-Domino city constructed by Kaisou Company

Edited to fix error.
shadowneko003
Rank Gone due to timeline changes
Favorite series: Abaranger
Favorite Band: Cascada
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
Quote: Her boyfriend's a pilot

Post by shadowneko003 »

Well, I knew it was decades. I just wanted to know the exact numbers.
LJ Blogger
Do not PM me about DDL links. Please report them here in the correct forum

YES, we know our DDL links are dead! READ THIS.
Fortuna
I am the new #2
I am the new #2

Post by Fortuna »

well i think this isn't going to be as good as ygo 0 or ygo:duel monsters.

As Ygi in abridged series says:

"Tristan,that is the stupidest this that ever came out of you mouth.Card games on motorbikes!Come on!"
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

Looks like the rivals are meeting already in four. Might be exciting?
DARK MASTER
Gao

Post by DARK MASTER »

takenoko wrote:It's decades after Yuugi's era. It takes place in Neo-Domino city constructed by Kaiba corps
Nothing like that is mentioned in any info. We don't even see Kaiba's Corporation Logo anywhere.
Yami no Yūgi's DARK MIGHT
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

Huh, you're right. I swear I read it was Kaiba's corporation that designed Neo Domino City, but it says it's the Kaisou Company (kaisou = class, hierarchy)

My bad guys
Ivanssj4
There are four lights!
There are four lights!

Post by Ivanssj4 »

DARK MASTER wrote:
takenoko wrote:It's decades after Yuugi's era. It takes place in Neo-Domino city constructed by Kaiba corps
Nothing like that is mentioned in any info. We don't even see Kaiba's Corporation Logo anywhere.

Nontheless, Kaiba Corp. still exists. That guy who shouts "Mooooooomentum!" is employed there.

Oh, and yeah, Yusei Fuudo looks amazing.
KamenRiderSonic
That's so ridiculous
That's so ridiculous
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Kabuto
Favorite Band: Flow

Post by KamenRiderSonic »

I just want to know if the series will related to Yu-Gi-Oh The Lost Pharaoh and the Yu-Gi-Oh Generation Next(GX)?

Like GX..in the first episode Yuki Juudai meet Muto Yugi Accidentally...and Muto Yugi give chance to Yuki Judai to meet Atimu The Pharaoh..at the last episode by transfer him with Muto Yugi *Spirit Of Card*Deck

and Domino City when Jonouchi battle with Expert Vision(don't remember the name..something like that)..the part Jonouchi won the Physco Shocker/Jinzo ...at that part i see where the old town is..

And also the new Professor Simulation of Card also mentioned "KAIBA CORPORATION"...also the logo is new actually
KC...
brian_11dragon
Complacent masses
Complacent masses

Post by brian_11dragon »

I've seen the episodes of this one up to date. I didn't actually think it would be that interesting because of the off the ball idea of the motor bike duel disk system but it actually has a decent story so far and is seeming to pull that motercycle duel disk system off. I still don't get the point of dueling on a motercycle. The closest idea I have as to why is what the blonde dude said about how it gives him this sensation as if he's being chased by his opponents. So my gues is its supposed to bring a certain sinsation as your playing the game.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

I finally saw 7 today (the stupid thing with Japan arresting TV encoders is making it real hard to get videos nowadays) Looks like they're setting up some plot that connects the ancient past to now. It very much feels like a remake of the original Duel Monsters, only with dark Yuugi full time
brian_11dragon
Complacent masses
Complacent masses

Post by brian_11dragon »

I kind of got that same feeling to from watching it. The only difference there seems to be that the protagonist isn't the one directly connected to the past, its his rival. he does have some connection himself with that invisible birth mark of his and semi summoning that dragon but it seems to focus mainly on the king (I'm calling him that since I can't remember his real name. :P ).
DARK MASTER
Gao

Post by DARK MASTER »

Jack Atlus/Atlas. How hard it is to remember an English name ?

Funny thing about his last name is that when Takahashi made the sketches for the 5 main characters he also wrote their names in English. And Jack's last name was Atlas.
But the animation studio still wrote his name in the show in the Engrish Atlus.

Prove > http://yumeoidaku.info/Tarot/21/Atogaki03.png .
Last edited by DARK MASTER on Sun May 25, 2008 11:45 am, edited 2 times in total.
Yami no Yūgi's DARK MIGHT
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

DARK MASTER wrote:Jack Atlus/Atlas. How hard it is to remember an English name ?
I forgot it myself actually XD

But I'm pretty bad with names. I only remember Yuusei's since it follows the Yuugi/Yuuki pattern

Return to “Yu-Gi-Oh”