*** Delicious Fruit
8%
** Rotten Fruit
3%
* Fruit of the Underworld
2%

Total votes: 101
Sakas
Quote: What a wee little part of a person's life are his acts and his words! His real life is led in his head, and is known to none but himself.
Mark Twain

Re: Ratings Poll: Kamen Rider Gaim

Post by Sakas »

I was not expecting to love this one as much as I did. I was so close in the beginning to just stop after only six episodes or so, so glad I didn't. This is the first toku show that I bought merchandise for(arms change figures are awesome!!!) All the designs were great even though by all rights fruit should not have be that badass. I am actually using this show to get my friends into the joys of Kamen Rider if I can only convince them to stay through the first arc.

Also Kochidaki arms just might be the greatest suit I've seen in all of toku, now if I could just find a way to make my own
xPrimexTimex
Infinity

Post by xPrimexTimex »

5/5 for me. This series was amazing. Started a bit slow like Go-Busters but then it heated up and never let go of the gas. It's as good as W in my opinion, might even be better.
Alessar
Salami Commander
Favorite series: Garo
2nd Favorite Series: Nexus
Favorite Actor?: Konishi Ryousei
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: K-Dramas
Type: INFP Healer

Post by Alessar »

Now would be a great time to look back on the episode 1 first impressions thread. People were so confused, and so far off with most of their guesses - it's comedy gold! (And don't miss the staff viewing chat log, which is under a cut.) While the poll which was added later on eventually showed a very positive response to the first episode, it was much more mixed at first. Fortunately the show turned out to be a big pleasant surprise!

viewtopic.php?f=208&t=13787

Of course while some people's early guesses were way off, a few people completely nailed things that would eventually come to pass.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

That's pretty funny. I definitely was put off by the first episode of Gaim. I mean, the first part of the series was just information overload. They practically introduced a new Rider or new form in each episode like a toy commercial. But once the plot set in, it really got good.

To highlight how wrong I was about the series, at the time I remember being more into Gouraigan because of the more simplistic, yet different setup. Too bad Gouraigan went nowhere into a shit hole, while Gaim turned out to be one of the best Rider series yet.
Sukeroku!
That's so ridiculous
That's so ridiculous
Favorite series: Garo
2nd Favorite Series: Kabuto, Gaim
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
Type: INTP Architect

Post by Sukeroku! »

Gaim's one of my three favorite Rider series, along with Kabuto and Agito. Not really sure where I'd place those in order. I wasn't completely satisfied with the resolution to the main plot and was unhappy with the deaths that got reversed, and I found some characters extremely under utilized. I would have liked to see alot more development for Bravo and Gridon; their nature as comic relief was ok to me, but the moments where Jounichi was growing were nice great touches to the side cast. Kaito's development also kinda bothers me, how he was turning into a strong leader and they just tossed that away at the end. It's fitting I guess, considering his belt was destroyed and he was no longer human, but.. it just seemed like wasted potential.

All that aside though, Gaim's one of the few series I watched weekly. I was hooked. Every week I'd wait impatiently for the new episdoe to be up because I was excited to see where the story was going. Any of the issues I had were really just minor, because it's one of the strongest Rider series I've seen. There's only one Toku I really enjoyed more, that being the first Garo series. So for me, it's a definite 5; it's not perfect, but a 5 for me doesn't have to be. I enjoyed it as much as anything else in the genre.
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

Fantastic show. Urobutcher shit aside, it's fantastic. Pacing is great. No real pointless filler shit apart from that one episode where Kaito plays football. All done with fruit as the rider theme.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

LOL. What's Urobutcher shit?
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

Something they talk about in anime circles in regards to tropes in Urobuchi's writing. Usually relating mainly to the overuse of suffering of characters (see Micchy) and death of characters during the show.

Although in saying that, he didn't kill off as many people as I thought he would...
Kogashi
Yggdrasill Dog
Yggdrasill Dog
Favorite series: Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Shinkenger
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: OK KO Let's Be Heroes
Quote: Man should not live on carbohydrates alone, complex or otherwise.
Type: ENFJ Teacher

Post by Kogashi »

... But I like Urobuchi's style of writing... MOST people who watch stuff by Urobuchi like it. I mean, look at Psycho Pass, Fate/Zero, Madoka.
READING TOO MUCH INTO THINGS![/size] including random over analysis rants on pop culture, and Tokusatsu series reviews, if Toei gets off my back for long enough. Also follow on twitter @R2TMIT, or facebook.com/R2TMIT
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT

Post by Catastrophe »

More so that it at the time of reveal, people were worried how it would translate into Kamen Rider. In fairness, it did work out pretty well.
MVZ-800
7X
Favorite series: Dairanger
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Gaim
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: Video games

Post by MVZ-800 »

Gaim was my first Rider series. I think Gaim has ruined me for all other Rider series.

5/5.
wisdomcat
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Post by wisdomcat »

MVZ-800 wrote:I think Gaim has ruined me for all other Rider series.
Oh come on now you're just exaggerating. I still think there are some good shows in the Kamen Rider series.
revjurneyman
Complacent masses
Complacent masses
Quote: I am pissed off at mach speed!

Post by revjurneyman »

5/5, without a doubt.

Gaim is proof that toku isn't just some guilty pleasure! As compelling and enthralling as the best shows I've ever seen.
Skeith
7X
Quote: I'm.....right here.

Post by Skeith »

10/5 for me.

This...was....amazing. It has become my favorite Kamen Rider show now. (2nd is W and 3rd is Fourze.)
AxemYellow
I'm a ghost... wooo~
I'm a ghost... wooo~
Favorite series: Gekiranger, Ryuki
2nd Favorite Series: Magiranger, OOO
Dreamy: Katou Yakumo
Favorite Actor?: Mizushima Hiro
Type: INTP Architect

Post by AxemYellow »

This is my third favourite KR. It was different then what we had been seeing and all for the better. A 4 from me.

Return to “Kamen Rider Gaim”