Ratings Poll: Shuriken Sentai Ninninger

Nin nin de gozaru!
Forum rules

Wiki Link

< Toqger | Ninninger | Jyuohger >

Current Spoiler Policy: Rumors and basic info about upcoming show okay. Further plot development like extra rangers not okay.

How are you finding Ninninger?

***** It's on fire!!!
5%
**** It's hot!
15%
*** It's easy.
23%
** Could be better, pardner
35%
* You wish you could set it on fire, literally!
22%

Total votes: 131
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Re: Ratings Poll: Shuriken Sentai Ninninger

Post by Catastrophe »

I think what they should have done was make him serious. He really wants to be the last Ninja. Everyone else can be dumb and then they can play off that. I just feel they've done the 'silly' sentai for 3 years in a row and it's getting kind of grating.
Kiriko
I am not a number. I am an individual!
I am not a number. I am an individual!
Favorite series: Drive
2nd Favorite Series: Go-Busters
Dreamy: Youko-chan
Favorite Actor?: Arisa Komiya
Favorite Band: NONE
Quote: Thunder

Post by Kiriko »

Ninninger is good, but some reason i think they kinda weak, not like Hurricanger.
Saejima Kouga
Golden Knight
Golden Knight
Favorite series: GARO
2nd Favorite Series: Cutie Honey the Live
Dreamy: Chase
My boom: The new Garo series
Quote: Why don’t I put a stake through her heart? You’d be surprised what that’ll kill.
Type: ISTJ Inspector

Post by Saejima Kouga »

I gave up watching this after a handful of episodes. I've reached a point that this is too childish for my age (29). And the fact everything they use is obviously a toy was the final straw. Drive does that with its props too but the story is at least interesting.
I’m the one nightmares are afraid of.
LiterateDead
Complacent masses
Complacent masses

Post by LiterateDead »

I keep picking this up every couple episodes, but it's just not doing it for me. I'm giving it a two because I don't outright hate it (if I was going to give it a one I'd have to actively be angry at it), but it just isn't grabbing me. I don't care enough about any of the main cast, nor does the story have anywhere for them to go. I'm fine with a lighter series, but this one feels so light its almost flavorless.

I'll probably check back on this one intermittently, reevaluate my vote, but for now I'm just not feeling it.
mantis
Go Go!
Favorite series: Ultraseven
2nd Favorite Series: Sailor Moon
Dreamy: Gosei Blue
Favorite Actor?: Ito Hideaki
Favorite Band: None right now

Post by mantis »

So far I am not really impressed with it. I cannot stand Takaharu and his incessant yelling as well as Yakumo's blazé attitude. Nagi and Fuuka are pretty forgettable and Kasumi will probably be developed more so but they really don't bring anything to the team. I really don't care for the multi-mechanical troupe that Japan seems to embrace in order to milk the consumer and so far the villains are nothing more than copies of Shinkenger (at least in my opinion they aren't that original). I hope that the show picks up does something substantial and soon!
Fidchell
Anime skin is so smooth
Favorite series: Evangelion
2nd Favorite Series: Digimon 01
Alignment: Lawful Neutral
My boom: .hack//

Post by Fidchell »

I heavily disliketaka and yakumo... nagi and kotohana are fine, wouldn;t say forgettable but they obviously don;t get enough screen time or development. Kasumi is interesting but really just kinda just there... to help yakmo's plan succeed because we all know takaharu is a 1 man team...

plot so far is weak, mechs are weak, their fighting style is not even that flashy for their flashy attitudes... i feel like the fighs are poorly choreographed and the story itself doesn;t hold... character interactions are bland at most... only 1 person interesting is gramps... kind of bad if you ask me
wisdomcat
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Post by wisdomcat »

giving it a 3 because we haven't seen that much development of the cast. Most of the episodes have been mostly on blue and red. Could use more yellow episodes, I feel like he's just there because he has to be there
Weather
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite Actor?: Tomoyuki Dan
Alignment: Chaotic Evil

Post by Weather »

I still can't say that i realyy like this series, it goes more of a "ok". The biggest reason for that are characters....This was first time that no one in the group, got my interest, i mena at all. Red one is cliche hothead to pain, and his actor isn't realyy making that much effort, when he goes "im fired up" it literally hurts. Then we have stoic blue, which once again, not a single thing in first episode, to make him stand out from other characters like him. Then the is the uselessness of the white, and no char from pink and yellow, k yellow gets a char of the wuss for 1 ep, and then losses it up to 11 ep. Pink one so far, is the onyl one to get some interesting char development, but when it comes to rest, i skip moments that focuses on them. And there is also Starninger, his devices were the onyl reasoni came back to thsi show (i stopped after the very first ep), and he is pretty cool. Also, once again, red miracously is way stronger than the rest, to a point that only he can go serious against that 1 spear, cos we didn't have enough of that.

But that's just beginning, then comes mecha. Which simply, are lazy, it's one thing of what those mecha are based off (and yeah, explanation that grandpa gave is still stupid), worse thing is how they are made. Tons of kibble and hollow parts, that aren't hidden even in the show, also for what they need this dog robot? He wasn't even doing anything during fight in first ep's, All of that, makes this emcha just messy, and is for sure, more obnoxious for suit actor. And no, just that thing with bigger mech being controlled by smaller mech is not enough for me to forgive them for such lazyness. I mean, look at previous mecha's, they had some complicated design, and were transforming in few thins, but they could still something that looked neatly.

And theeeeen......Magic. There is magic in Nininger world. there are magic school. How do you get into magic school? WHo created those schools? Why is there even magic in this series? If it's only to give blue ranger comflict, than it's stupid decision. Also, how the heck did Starninger got his changer and mech's if grandpa ditched him?

Also, they theme "We're not hiding, we're rampaging" is such a waste of a good concept. First of all, what hiding? You don't hide, you're not in an actual ninja clan or a team, you were just trained as ninja, never did you done any actual ninja job. This would work so much better, if they were in fact, in an actual ninja clan, and were chosen as the Ninninger after monster were released, but the conflict was that they couldn't just jump at the monsters when they would attack civilans, becos that would reveal, something that no ninja should allow, and they would be forced to wait for a good situation to go eliminate the youkai. Then you could have Red say its BS, go fight youkai, despite there being a lots of people, rest could go afte rhim, and then this whole thing with "done hiding" would actually work.

So yeah, uninteresting characters, bad mecha design, and poor world building decisions. So far, i can give them 1 on 5, i don't give them zero, becos i enjoy Starninger and his mecha looks glorious, but since he doesn't make me overlook flaws i pointed out, this si the best score i can give to this series. Either, they get better with characters and the world they are creating, or i hope that at the end, this series will receive tons of negative opinions, maybe that will get them to work harder on next series.
KnitChick
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: Kamen Rider W
2nd Favorite Series: ToQger
Dreamy: Hidari Shotarou
Favorite Actor?: Kiriyama Renn
Favorite Band: Mitsuru Matsuoka
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: Kamen Rider W
Quote: "Saa, omae no tsumi wo kazero."

Post by KnitChick »

I'm on the fence a bit. I liked it from the get go but I haven't fallen in love with it like I did for ToQger and Kyoryuger. I wish Takaharu would shut up with the getting fired up, it's gotten extremely old extremely fast.

And I know I should be very offended at the blatant stereotype that StarNinjer is made out to be but I can't, he makes me laugh too much. I have a friend who's kind of obsessed with selfies and StarNinjer just makes me think of him in ranger form. :)

Still, I'll keep watching. I'm curious to see where it goes. And Granddad is adorable.
HeyThere
Complacent masses
Complacent masses
Quote: "TIME FIRE!!!!"

Post by HeyThere »

Straight up I am one of the few that gave the show a 1.

This pretty much sums it up :

"Red one is cliche hothead to pain, and his actor isn't realyy making that much effort, when he goes "im fired up" it literally hurts."

LOL! Something seriously needs to change about this show. And by change, I mean Takaharu. He seriously should be faded into the background for quite some time. Tell the writers to relax! Cause the kids are not gonna forget he's red! The other actors were probably on the set for like an hour or two and they were done for the week. I honestly don't think I can't endure these kinda episodes for the next 8 months if they keep putting Takaharu on the spotlight. I feel like actually throwing a hail mary pass when Kinji finally debuted and they focused on him, even not for long until ofc, they jumped back to Takaharu :roll:

Ninninger literally makes you miss the old-timer sentai. They should call the show "KAMEN RIDER AKANINGER"

I'll continue to watch regardless. I've been a fan since Boukenger in 2006 and that's not gonna change. Loyal like that! And thank god I started watching 9 years ago. Had I started with Ninninger I felt like I would have dropped out weeks ago without even knowing that another sentai world existed.
Weather
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite Actor?: Tomoyuki Dan
Alignment: Chaotic Evil

Post by Weather »

Uuuh, being quoted, makes me feel all tingly and warm and gooey inside ^^

But this is the problem HeyThere, this show from the get go, was made to give glory to Red, even if ep is about someone else, Red still needs to shine the most. And that sucks cos he is the worst character, and like i said earlier, i believe he has the worst actor, and also there is no reason for him to be everywhere. This isn't Kyoryugers, where they had this thing in beginning, where no one wanted to reveal who they were to each others, aside from Daigo.

But i will also keep watching it, even tho i skip useless moments. I do it mostly for Starninger, and Kyuuemon since in ep 13 somehting interesting came up with her, plus i've seen catalouge and there was quite a few things to get me keep on watching.

But this show won't get better, it wouldn't suprise me if ti ended waaay earlier.
wisdomcat
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Post by wisdomcat »

I'm not so keen on the sixth member for the team. I mean I get that he's from America but still...
AxemYellow
I'm a ghost... wooo~
I'm a ghost... wooo~
Favorite series: Gekiranger, Ryuki
2nd Favorite Series: Magiranger, OOO
Dreamy: Katou Yakumo
Favorite Actor?: Mizushima Hiro
Alignment: Neutral
Type: INTP Architect

Post by AxemYellow »

I'll give it a 3 for now. Hopefully it will heat up.
HeyThere
Complacent masses
Complacent masses
Quote: "TIME FIRE!!!!"

Post by HeyThere »

Weather wrote:Uuuh, being quoted, makes me feel all tingly and warm and gooey inside ^^

But this is the problem HeyThere, this show from the get go, was made to give glory to Red, even if ep is about someone else, Red still needs to shine the most. And that sucks cos he is the worst character, and like i said earlier, i believe he has the worst actor, and also there is no reason for him to be everywhere. This isn't Kyoryugers, where they had this thing in beginning, where no one wanted to reveal who they were to each others, aside from Daigo.
My main concern is that by making the show so red-heavy, it actually works with the kids watching in Japan. Since that has always been the trend for a while now and it just doesn't change. Kinda driving me nuts tbh. I mean, we can complain all we want. But if the real market really likes the show being like that, it's going to continue to be like that and there's nothing we can do about it,really.

What's next, they're gonna make three girls drooling over Takaharu's attention?
Spoiler
(Seriously, that storyline in Kyoruger is so bizarre. It doesn't make any sense. I mean why did Daigo get all the girls when there was a clear womanizer on the team? Am I being dumbfounded here or something?)
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Post by Lunagel »

But women don't like womenizers?

Return to “Shuriken Sentai Ninninger”