Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Garo -Gold Storm- Shou 08 released

Post by takenoko »

Wiki: http://wiki.tvnihon.com/wiki/Garo_-Gold_Storm-_Shou_08

That was a decent ep. Good character interactions. The hero versus hero fighting felt more believable in this episode for some reason. The dialogue also felt really well written. There were even some funny lines and attempt at jokes.

The actual hand to hand stuff between Rian and Gald had some weak moments, but totally acceptable. I didn't like the 2's versus 3's spell but that's okay.

We should have Prayers the music video done by the time this releases, so please enjoy that as well!
PHurricane
The Eyes in the Skies
The Eyes in the Skies
Favorite series: W/Den-O
2nd Favorite Series: Gokaiger

Re: Garo -Gold Storm- Shou 08 released

Post by PHurricane »

Oh man, that line about delivering the Horror to the Makai in 30 minutes or less made me literally facepalm.

Good episode, I guess. Gald (no one in-universe knows him name yet, do they?) keeps managing to straddle the line between irritating and interesting. At times I want to smack him like Rian did, but there’s still a lot about him - and now his mysterious village - that I want to know about.

And we’re back to our main villains lounging about in their apartment. I guess I prefer that over not seeing them at all or having them do stupid stuff, but it’s hard not to feel like a let-down after the fantastic action last episode.
Dragonfan
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by Dragonfan »

Cool episode. I like this makai priest. As Phurricane says, he is irritating, but in a good way. But that battle of numbers was really silly.

BTW, what the heck is happening with the soundtrack of this season? Not only they keep repeating tracks from previous seasons and showing just a few new, the use of them is horrible.

When Ryuga recovered his gold bright in Ywtm, they put a really good track and they never used it again, it was something special. But in this season that tracks has been overused over and over and in the most innapropiate situations, like in this episode with that light. That scene wasn't epic or emotional at all, don't you have another music that suits it better?

EDIT: It is curious that, in a timeline where madou rings are a thing of the past, Gald, being a makai priest, has a device that is just like one of them.
Last edited by Dragonfan on Tue Jun 09, 2015 9:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TokuCasual
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Post by TokuCasual »

This was a decent enough episode. The Horror was rather filler. But I think so far a lot of the Horror this season are not memorable. They lack a story of their own. But Gald adds some mystery to the series. Along with Akizuki. Looking forward to seeing more of their story as the series progress.

Rian taking Gald to school was interesting. D.Ringo and his lady is still weird to me.
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Post by Lunagel »

Delivery in 30 minutes or less line is best line.

So glad that some random villager (was it Gald? I didn't really catch that) decided to sell this one random thing that can summon Gald that Rian just happened to know how to use.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

Lunagel wrote:So glad that some random villager (was it Gald? I didn't really catch that) decided to sell this one random thing that can summon Gald that Rian just happened to know how to use.
It was most likely picked off the corpse of a villager and sold to D Ringo. Since the guy mostly deals in stolen goods (at least that's the implication for most his stuff)
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

After watching this, I can't help but think of GARO X Sesame Street after the number fight.
kyoichikiller90
Team Gaim
Team Gaim
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: KR Agito/Kabuto
Dreamy: Akiyama Nana
Favorite Actor?: Hongo Kanata
Favorite Band: Maroon 5
Alignment: Neutral Evil
My boom: ONORE DECADE
Quote: Ore wa hitori dake jubun da. Dare mou tomete nai, dare mou jama wa saseru nai. Sa... Omae-tachi kakatte koi yo.
Type: ESTP Promoter

Post by kyoichikiller90 »

Dragonfan wrote:Cool episode. I like this makai priest. As Phurricane says, he is irritating, but in a good way. But that battle of numbers was really silly.

BTW, what the heck is happening with the soundtrack of this season? Not only they keep repeating tracks from previous seasons and showing just a few new, the use of them is horrible.

When Ryuga recovered his gold bright in Ywtm, they put a really good track and they never used it again, it was something special. But in this season that tracks has been overused over and over and in the most innapropiate situations, like in this episode with that light. That scene wasn't epic or emotional at all, don't you have another music that suits it better?

EDIT: It is curious that, in a timeline where madou rings are a thing of the past, Gald, being a makai priest, has a device that is just like one of them.
You might didn't notice. YWTM Amemiya wasn't directing. This season Amemiya Directing the whole episodes.. Fact he was creator for Garo. But YWTM wasn't his worked.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

Just to clarify, Amemiya only directed episode one so far (and that was with someone else).
Dragonfan
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by Dragonfan »

kyoichikiller90 wrote: You might didn't notice. YWTM Amemiya wasn't directing. This season Amemiya Directing the whole episodes.. Fact he was creator for Garo. But YWTM wasn't his worked.
Yes I know about Amemiya's involvement, but... what does it have to do with anything I said in my message?
jason3000
Infinity
Quote: wagana wa garo,ogon kishi

Post by jason3000 »

Another force combi battle,
so ryuga nid a priest to help dodge attack but can't dodge it by himself?
Phoenix512
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top

Post by Phoenix512 »

There's nothing to suggest that Ryuuga couldn't have dodge it without Gald's help. It was more like Gald decided to give Ryuuga an assist all on his own. Ryuuga was surprised by Gald's help when it happened since he didn't expect him to help at all.
jason3000
Infinity
Quote: wagana wa garo,ogon kishi

Post by jason3000 »

Then why dun just help him teleport to the front
dualvision1984
7X
Favorite series: MagiRanger
2nd Favorite Series: Den-O
Dreamy: Luka Millfy
Favorite Band: JAM Project
Quote: The meaning of the journey lies within the journey itself - Eijiro Hikari, Kamen Rider Decade
Type: ENFJ Teacher

Post by dualvision1984 »

It was a decent episode indeed and enjoyed watching it. Even though there is a little dull moment, the rest of the episode covers this week's story completely.
kyoichikiller90
Team Gaim
Team Gaim
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: KR Agito/Kabuto
Dreamy: Akiyama Nana
Favorite Actor?: Hongo Kanata
Favorite Band: Maroon 5
Alignment: Neutral Evil
My boom: ONORE DECADE
Quote: Ore wa hitori dake jubun da. Dare mou tomete nai, dare mou jama wa saseru nai. Sa... Omae-tachi kakatte koi yo.
Type: ESTP Promoter

Post by kyoichikiller90 »

All music scores from YWTM didn't meet Amemiya taste.
So old BGM used from previous seasons to now

Return to “-Gold Storm- Shou”