Who is Izayoi Kyuuemon? (Wild speculation time)

Nin nin de gozaru!
Forum rules

Wiki Link

< Toqger | Ninninger | Jyuohger >

Current Spoiler Policy: Rumors and basic info about upcoming show okay. Further plot development like extra rangers not okay.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Who is Izayoi Kyuuemon? (Wild speculation time)

Post by takenoko »

So you don't wear a mask unless you want to hide something. Well, what's the big twist?

Since Megumi said that Kyuuemon might turn out to be a girl, I'm guessing that's not the case. Bandai probably wouldn't have let the interview go out like that if they were planning that.

So I'm thinking, the only other thing it can be is that Kyuuemon is the real first son of Last Ninja. The clues are all there. Last Ninja wouldn't take some outsider as a pupil for guarding the Finishing Shuriken. But Last Ninja is kind of a crummy dad. So it shouldn't be surprising that Kyuuemon gets power hungry and turns to evil. In his shame, Grandpa wipes the memories of his other kids and takes away their ninjutsu.
xiiliea
Humongous
Favorite series: Ultraman Nexus
2nd Favorite Series: Ultraman Gaia
Favorite Actor?: Fujita Ray
Alignment: Neutral Good

Re: Who is Izayoi Kyuuemon? (Wild speculation time)

Post by xiiliea »

inb4 Kyuuemon turns out to be grandpa himself

He uses bunshin no jutsu and talks to himself cuz he is bored.
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Post by Lunagel »

I don't think they'd do him as one of Grandpa's kids, but I wouldn't count out him being a 6th grandkid.
Jetman
Infinity

Post by Jetman »

Kyuuemon has a mask because all the lieutenant villains have partial Noh masks as part of their design. The masks aren't to hide their appearances, but are essentially part of their faces. Besides, Kyuuemon isn't human anymore and behind the mask would look like some sort of tiger monster not the person he was. I think Kyuuemon is exactly who he/she claims to be. A student of Yoshitaka who felt betrayed and outraged by his refusal to give up the Finishing Shuriken and now wants to take it anyway he can.
Phoenix512
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top

Post by Phoenix512 »

If Kyuuemon was a woman, it would be neat if she was a former lover of Gramps. Just imagine all the stuff could behind why she ends betraying Gramps. Also at the end of the series I really want to compare who is the worse father between Gramps and Sasuke from Naruto.
Big One
Space Empire Zangyack
Space Empire Zangyack
Favorite series: JAKQ,Taro,V3
2nd Favorite Series: Timerange,Kuuga,Tiga
Favorite Actor?: Takeuchi Yasuhiro
Favorite Band: JAM Project
My boom: Tokusatsu;Japan
Quote: "There are monsters loose in the world. And they are the key to the future of our race." - Sanctuary
Type: INFP Healer

Post by Big One »

What if Kyuuemon is like Juzo. Umm... Maybe he wasn't the son of Last Ninja. He just studied under Last Ninja. And he wanted to get the Finishing Shuriken, but he knew that impossible. Maybe he understood the power of this thing. He thought that with it he can change the world(these thoughts very changed him). Assume that the for that moment he had not the necessary strength to defeat the Last Ninja. So Kyuuemon went to the Kibaoni Army or just used all methods to get stronger. And he became a Yokai. And Last Ninja doesn't want take the new students precisely because of the strength of shuriken. But why he trains his children and grandchildren? If he's afraid that his new student will be the same as Kyuuemon why the same can't do his grandchildren? And why Kyuuemon went to the StarNinger? Yes, Kin-chan isn't a grandson of the Last Ninja. He could have go to Yakumo or Kasumi(or to the somebody else), because they are his grandchildren, maybe then defeat the Last Ninja would have been easier. Yes, Kin-chan was an excellent victim for Kyuuemon. Perhaps they would have become a wonderful duet, I guess... Эээээээээ...
Therefore I don't understand some things from Kyuuemon's and Last Ninja's heads and guessing he is somewhat similar to Juzo.
xiiliea
Humongous

Post by xiiliea »

What if Grandpa was a ghost, and it was Kyuuemon who killed him? (Remember the first episode, everyone thought he was dead, then he suddenly pops up)
Digifiend
Gabu

Post by Digifiend »

And him being dead was rumoured before the show even began!
Kogashi
Yggdrasill Dog
Yggdrasill Dog
Favorite series: Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Shinkenger
My boom: OK KO Let's Be Heroes
Quote: Man should not live on carbohydrates alone, complex or otherwise.
Type: ENFJ Teacher

Post by Kogashi »

Huh... would be a fun double fake out really. Since there was the fake out of him being dead ending with 'don't write me off as dead'... Then for him to really be dead, long as they handle it right.
READING TOO MUCH INTO THINGS![/size] including random over analysis rants on pop culture, and Tokusatsu series reviews, if Toei gets off my back for long enough. Also follow on twitter @R2TMIT, or facebook.com/R2TMIT
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

I remember briefly speculating on that, and just forgetting about it. Would be a fitting twist.
xiiliea
Humongous

Post by xiiliea »

Maybe a more epic speculation!

Grandpa also had to use his body and soul to seal Kibaoni. And Kyuuemon had to spend all those years training to become strong enough to break the seal. He only did that because he wanted the Finishing Shuriken, and he thought that he could obtain it by releasing the seal. And it released both Kibaoni and Grandpa together.

/end epic speculation
Big One
Space Empire Zangyack
Space Empire Zangyack
Favorite series: JAKQ,Taro,V3
2nd Favorite Series: Timerange,Kuuga,Tiga
Favorite Actor?: Takeuchi Yasuhiro
Favorite Band: JAM Project
My boom: Tokusatsu;Japan
Quote: "There are monsters loose in the world. And they are the key to the future of our race." - Sanctuary
Type: INFP Healer

Post by Big One »

Or maybe if Grandpa's dead Kyuuemon's also dead. And Kyuuemon was Grandpa's student. When he began to search for ways to win over the ninja(to get the shuriken) he assume fought with a Last Ninja. And in this battle they both died. Grandpa back to life as a ghost, and he as a Yokai. It became a sort of curse..................
& it is possible that the shuriken can return from dead to live. So Kyuuemon want to back to life or bring back to life someone........................
(MAD THEORIES)
Jetman
Infinity

Post by Jetman »

xiiliea wrote:Maybe a more epic speculation!

Grandpa also had to use his body and soul to seal Kibaoni. And Kyuuemon had to spend all those years training to become strong enough to break the seal. He only did that because he wanted the Finishing Shuriken, and he thought that he could obtain it by releasing the seal. And it released both Kibaoni and Grandpa together.

/end epic speculation
Best theory/story idea I've read so far. You can also get some added pathos and drama out of him having to die again to defeat Kibaoni. If they go the "Yoshitaka is dead" route, I hope they do something like that.

Return to “Shuriken Sentai Ninninger”