Ratings Poll: Sailor Moon Drama

Currently redoing on DVD
Forum rules
Wiki Link

How did you feel about Sailor Moon drama?

☆☆☆☆☆ Princess Sailor
42%
☆☆☆☆ Powered-up
33%
☆☆☆ Sailor Senshi
21%
☆☆ Brainwashed
No votes
☆ Cycle of tragedy repeats again
4%

Total votes: 24
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Ratings Poll: Sailor Moon Drama

Post by takenoko »

The show that pushed our little special effects subbing group into the spotlight!

I don't know how I'd feel watching the show now, but it was really great watching the show week after week. Wondering how they would change the story and characters. Divergences from the previously established anime/manga stories. It was fun being a part of a community that was just enjoying all that stuff.

4 for me. Taking away a star for introducing the phrase "Pretty Guardians" (J/K, sorta)

Images
Knight of L-sama
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Shinkenger
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider W
Dreamy: Luka Millfy
Alignment: Chaotic Good
Quote: It is a place that dwells in the memory of those who still dream of its ancient glory. A world revered for its beauty, mystery and danger. On a planet of endless adventure such a land is known as El-Hazard. If your spirit has wings to travel, even across the breadth of a thousand, million night, imagination will guide the way and the gates of El-Hazard will always be open to you.
Type: INTJ Mastermind

Re: Ratings Poll: Sailor Moon Drama

Post by Knight of L-sama »

Oh, I remember this. Actually come to think of it I think its the first TV-Nihon subbed series that I ever saw. Though I was getting it off a friend rather than directly myself.

And the beginning was cheesy and some of that cheese never truly went away (giant bouncing shoulder pads for the win!) but at point it found its feet and magic happened. The generals were fleshed out into interesting and compelling characters (Kunzite and Nephrite in particular), the Dark Mercury arc was excellent and I think the final arc and the revelation of the final villain deserves a lot of praise for truly making the story own, something that can look at the original anime, the manga and now Crystal and hold its head up high.

In the end when Sailor Luna is ultimately a tiny blip of an issue, you know you've done well.
Welcome to the Sea of Chaos!
MaliceMasquerade
Kamen Rider Club
Kamen Rider Club
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Build
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Drive
Dreamy: Banjo Ryuga
Favorite Actor?: Yeon Woo Jin
Favorite Band: Breaking Benjamin
Alignment: Lawful Good
My boom: Guardian (Chinese Drama)
Quote: "Life is an occasion, rise to it"

Post by MaliceMasquerade »

Definetly a 5! I still love this show and I don't care how cheesy it is! Just today I came across C'est La Vie on my ipod and I was like, "I need to watch some Sailor Moon!". My sister hates this show because it's so different from the anime/manga but I don't care and I'm forcing her to watch it anyway! MUWAHAHA!!!!
Malice Masquerade
Knight of L-sama
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Shinkenger
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider W
Quote: It is a place that dwells in the memory of those who still dream of its ancient glory. A world revered for its beauty, mystery and danger. On a planet of endless adventure such a land is known as El-Hazard. If your spirit has wings to travel, even across the breadth of a thousand, million night, imagination will guide the way and the gates of El-Hazard will always be open to you.
Type: INTJ Mastermind

Post by Knight of L-sama »

MaliceMasquerade wrote: My sister hates this show because it's so different from the anime/manga but I don't care
Actually I do care. And I like that it was so very different from both the manga and the anime. Like I said, when you're the second adaptation of a property, especially one in a medium with an entirely different set of constraints, is not a bad thing in of itself. Doing so successfully, especially in a way that turns audience expectations on their heads, is just the icing on the Starlight Honeymoon Therapy Kiss cake (:mrgreen:) and why I also voted 5.
Welcome to the Sea of Chaos!
xPrimexTimex
Infinity

Post by xPrimexTimex »

As a stand alone show, it's not bad. The character development is great and I loved the Dark Mercury plot. It's been awhile since I watched this show but I remember liking it a lot from a story telling standpoint (not to mention there was a certain level of appreciation of knowing the original story [theatre wise, not the original Sailor Moon]). The fights weren't the best and felt a little simple at times, but it is live action so it's understandable. I gave it a 5 based on plot/story/characters alone, but it's probably more of a 4 if I take into account everything else.
dualvision1984
7X
Favorite series: MagiRanger
2nd Favorite Series: Den-O
Favorite Band: JAM Project
Quote: The meaning of the journey lies within the journey itself - Eijiro Hikari, Kamen Rider Decade
Type: ENFJ Teacher

Post by dualvision1984 »

This show is the reason why I was introduced to #TV-Nihon's work and begin to love it. With the show itself, it became one of the reasons why I learned on how to speak, understand and read Japanese because of Keiko Kitagawa (Rei Hino/Sailor Mars). 5 out of 5 for me.
koromir
Whoa. Neo is an anagram of One. Whoa
Whoa. Neo is an anagram of One. Whoa
Favorite series: Gaim/Den-O
2nd Favorite Series: Kabuto/Decade
Dreamy: Yuuto
Favorite Band: AKFG
My boom: kamen rider

Post by koromir »

This series is my guilty pleasure. It's so cheesy it is good, ya'know? I actually watched this back in the day as it was coming out. I only found out about tv-nihon mid-season of Gaim so it made me happy to see healthy torrents of PGSM when I was scrounging around for random kamen rider series to watch. One thing to keep in mind is that often times with this series, they didn't have seperate stunt actors while they were transformed. They had to do a lot of the stunts themselves while still appearing feminine. I've probably seen this series over 10 times by now over the years and it never gets old. Thanks so much for having this series available.

Return to “Pretty Guardian Sailor Moon”