Ninninger 24 sanjou!

Nin nin de gozaru!
Forum rules

Wiki Link

< Toqger | Ninninger | Jyuohger >

Current Spoiler Policy: Rumors and basic info about upcoming show okay. Further plot development like extra rangers not okay.
Jetman
Infinity

Re: Ninninger 24 sanjou!

Post by Jetman »

mholden020 wrote:
Jetman wrote:Yeah really, chill out. Nobody's going to notice that unless they're looking for it.
Exactly. I was making the most roundabout way of saying "This is how bored I got. I noticed that there was a crewman handing out shurikens." It happens more than you'd think with the Sentai series since the visors are so well made these days. Go back and watch Kyoryuger and you'll see it a LOT.
Yeah, the ep. was pretty underwhelming for the first appearance of the Great Three Western Youkai. I was thinking Franken would be a much bigger deal, but he's just another monster of the week, though his acting like an over excited tourist WAS pretty funny :lol: . And Ninninger sadly continues to be disappointing. It keeps coming SO CLOSE to being great but always finds a way to undermine itself. I kept waiting for the moment when the team realizes that they needed Fuuka or for her to find out and get angry at them for going into the fight without her but it never came.
Weather
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite Actor?: Tomoyuki Dan
Alignment: Chaotic Evil

Post by Weather »

Error? Seeing crew on masks is consider error? I think of it more as a easter egg or something, and im more like "Oh hey, i can see the crew, hi crew!" rather then "OMG i can see the crew, such a failure, it's awful...."
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

Mholden's already responded to a similar comment, so stop talking about the crew being reflected in masks and back on topic with the episode.
midorininger
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Shinkenger
2nd Favorite Series: Dekaranger
My boom: Transformers

Post by midorininger »

wasnt as good as the father's day episode, but their dad wanting to spend time with fuuka after seeing a father with younger kids planning a camping trip keeps it kind of real seeing as his kids are grown and only 1 is likely to leave the home.

is wanmaru really needed to form shurikenjin? i mean REAAAAAALLY needed? it doesnt form the foot irs just inside the foot it would seem, and the train is well ... everything else ... wanmaru is easily the most useless in the gattai so if shiro is missing.
and damn you people have some good ass eyes to see reflections in the visors!
nagi helping the dad out was cute in a way. and when they were training, nagi used a triple mix last time, so shouldnt he be practicing that? and helping the others? but this leads me to another point i wanted to bring up! Kasumi was standing there, (they were using taka as a practicing dummy btw!) observing as fuuka and nagi practiced. nagi also mentioned the secret boss jutsu again but before he could finish saying it, she glared at him. NOW im more convinced that kasumi is the leader of the team, but its kept secret for some reason. a reason that i hope reveals itself!
perhaps the reason they became shurikenjin ha-oh so quickly was the compensate for fuuka not being there? i mean its a tank so perhaps not hard to drive as bipedal mech?

and as a final thought, bisonking drago ... i had though in my head the rodeomaru and shinbi maru could swap places for bisonking/shurikenjin i never imagined dragomaru being on bisonking, so now im wondering what other hidden combos there are!
chronoxiong
Salami Commander
Favorite series: Shinkenger/Gokaiger
2nd Favorite Series: Double
Dreamy: Keiko Kitagawa
Favorite Band: One Ok Rock
Alignment: Neutral Good
Quote: "Walking the path of Heaven, the man who will rule over everything." -Tendou Souji

Post by chronoxiong »

I think Kasumi is my favorite character out of the show. She has gotten some good development. And the fact that she can do two roll calls is awesome. Lol. That roll call inside Ha-Oh Shurikenjin was classic.
Kuchiri
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: LuPat
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger
Dreamy: There are alot.
Favorite Actor?: Alot of this too.
Type: INFP Healer

Post by Kuchiri »

I wasn't as annoyed with Taka in this episode as I have been. Yes, he was the one that got a chunk of the focus but everyone else actually got a lot of focus in this episode too. Like in the early parts of this series Taka got 70% of the screen time and lines. In this episode I feel he and everyone else got an even split.

We had a chunk of Nagi trying to help his uncle out with his cousin. At least two minutes of the episode was dedicated to that.
We had a solid two minutes of Kin and Yakumo's antics dealing with the giant monster.
We had Kasumi doing what she does best and help the others grow while making them believe what she wants.
The episode focus was on Fuuka, even though she wasn't in the fight she also had her two-three minutes of screentime.
Taka actually had few lines out of costume and the lines he had weren't that annoying or pretentious all of his focus came at the very end in the shinobimaru fight and finisher.

I agree that there have been a lot of episodes this season that has been "Ranger Red and His Amazing Friends." I will argue with everyone actually having their own purpose in this episode and weren't background rangers. This episode was more Sentai than most of the other episodes this series.
Leonsagara
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Type: INTJ Mastermind

Post by Leonsagara »

So basically the point of this episode is everyone pampers Fuuka, who acts like a spoiled brat and doesn't actually need to be present for the team to be successful. Also, she really doesn't want to be a ninja. This episode has succeeded in making me dislike Fuuka's character.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

In Fuuka's defense, she didn't ask the others to go out of their way to pamper her.
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

I'm loving how they are using western monsters.

I seem to recall a wolf like monster in Stars flashback to his brother and dad. I wonder if this wolf monster is going to be the same one or if it was just random.
mholden020
Gabu
Favorite series: Garo
Favorite Band: Avenged Sevenfold
Quote: "Never think that success is down to your own performance alone. If you start listening only to yourself you take the first step back towards the bottom. The flowers of victory belong in many vases."
-Michael Schumacher
Type: INFJ Counselor

Post by mholden020 »

Catastrophe wrote:I'm loving how they are using western monsters.

I seem to recall a wolf like monster in Stars flashback to his brother and dad. I wonder if this wolf monster is going to be the same one or if it was just random.
I also liked the Western monsters. I thought it was neat that they used the monsters from legendary tales as the monsters themselves, but isn't it kind of strange that they killed off one almost immediately? I got the impression a few episodes ago that they flew these guys in to buff-up their forces (and maybe use them as "generals" on into the later parts of the series), but apparently not.
Completed Series:
-Kamen Rider: Agito, Ryuki, 555, Blade, Hibiki, Kabuto, Den-O, Kiva, Decade, W, Fourze, OOO, Wizard, Gaim, Drive
-Sentai: Jetman, Dairanger, Deka --> Zyuohger
midorininger
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by midorininger »

well maybe prehaps they felt franky was the weakest of the western monsters. so to that end, perhaps the others will get more time. i mean drac and wolf have more to them fictionally where as frank has but 1 story.
Kuchiri
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: LuPat
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger
Dreamy: There are alot.
Favorite Actor?: Alot of this too.
Type: INFP Healer

Post by Kuchiri »

Or perhaps Drac will only have one episode and so will Wolf which will probably happen since they aren't commanders/general level monsters. Nor are they there to force new powerups from Ranger Red and HIs Amazing Friends. These are meant to be special summer episodes that diverge from the formula.
midorininger
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by midorininger »

ranger red and his amazing friends.

i still want to see a bison king with shinobimaru as the rider. and a shurikenjin using rodeomaru in the throne.

Return to “Shuriken Sentai Ninninger”