Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Garo -Gold Storm- Shou 18 released

Post by takenoko »

Wiki http://wiki.tvnihon.com/wiki/Garo_-Gold_Storm-_Shou_18

Wait, so the Garo armor's got darkness on it again? Didn't we just go through a series getting rid of that. ??

But a pretty good episode overall. Liked the aerial fight. And damned if I don't love me a Garo with a cape (even if they are wings). Now I can't tell if the new opening is talking about Jinga or Garo.

Kind of annoyed that Rian was taken out of commission at the end again.
DaVinci030
Space Empire Zangyack
Space Empire Zangyack
Favorite series: 牙狼<GARO>
Alignment: Neutral Good
Instagram: DaVinci030

Re: Garo -Gold Storm- Shou 18 released

Post by DaVinci030 »

THE GOLDEN KNIGHT RISES! ...sort of.

I wonder why Garo Dark wears a black cape. (Becomes the Dark Knight?)

Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Post by Lunagel »

Ughhhhhh.

So Ryuuga stabs Jinga to death (sort of) and Amily can't continue the fight because she's a giiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiirl and she has to go say Jinga's name over and over to his corpse instead of JESUS CHRIST HE TOOK HIS ARMOR OFF ARE YOU KIDDING ME GO STAB HIM NOW WOMAN HE'S TOTALLY UNPROTECTED.

If it were the opposite you'd be damn sure Ryuuga wouldn't take off his armor. God I hate this trope.

Aaaaaaand Rian gets fridged. Thrilling. We really do have a very bad track record with respecting women this season, don't we? The original Garo had tits, sure, but dammit, it respected those tits.
Dragonfan
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by Dragonfan »

Kind of disappointed with this episode.

They don't even try to hide how weak is Rian. She tries to hit Jinga more than once and he is just like "Nah, don't care".

They sold us in the previous episode that the mirror's inners where some kind of internal journey, a place that challenges your ideals and you become stronger dealing with, but at the end of the day it was just some plain empty space with a monster to fight againts. The idea of the materializing sound was neat, but that's the only creative idea they had.

The dark armor thing was weird too, and I can't even begin to understand why they did the actual suit for the new armor (or repainted, whatever), and then they use it... just to stand still. The moment the fight begins, they turn to CG mode and we don't see the armor fighting. It's pointless.

At least the CGi fight was impressive and well done, though I'm not a big fan of hard party camera movements.

About the sexism issue, I don't see it as that. We have Ryuume that legitimatelly kicks ass, and we have Gald who would be ignored as much as Ryuuga ignored Amily in this episode. We already had our sexist serving in episode 4 with the wedding stuff.
TokuCasual
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Post by TokuCasual »

Yeah, this was a bit of a let down. The animated fight with Jinga was cool, but too quick. The new Garo Gold in Darkness thing is kinda nice, but weird at the same time. Comes off as a bit contrive. The whole mirror world scenario felt like wasted opportunity to get into Ryuuga's internal thoughts. Maybe give a bit more about Ryuuga's feelings. Anyone who watches this without watching Yami won't get to know Ryuuga or what he's been through, he's mostly this guy as far as this season goes.

Makai Senki could be watch as a standalone and still works, because there's a decent depth to Kouga's backstory. (This sequel not so much)

And Rian is weak indeed. The way she runs in to block Ryuuga was cheesy. Jinga going out was kinda underwhelming too. (if we don't see him again)

Cool wing-cape though. Flight is not exclusive to Crow anymore.
Flying-gg
Adventure
Favorite series: Garo, Faiz
2nd Favorite Series: Gaim, Blade
Dreamy: Kaoru
Alignment: Chaotic Good

Post by Flying-gg »

Did you change anything while encoding this episode ? No sound at all. It's the first time I have an issue with your subs.
Phoenix512
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top

Post by Phoenix512 »

That was a mistake. Sound was forgotten to be added to the SD version. Please in the future mention what version and file you have a problem with so we don't have to go through everything.
Flying-gg
Adventure
Favorite series: Garo, Faiz
2nd Favorite Series: Gaim, Blade
Dreamy: Kaoru
Alignment: Chaotic Good

Post by Flying-gg »

Thanks, good to know. And I will in the future.
Lunagel
Mofu~

Post by Lunagel »

Dragonfan wrote:About the sexism issue, I don't see it as that. We have Ryuume that legitimatelly kicks ass, and we have Gald who would be ignored as much as Ryuuga ignored Amily in this episode. We already had our sexist serving in episode 4 with the wedding stuff.
That's not your call dude. You don't get to decide what people do or don't find offensive and you don't get to tell anyone that their views on sexism/racism/whateverism are wrong because they're not coming from your viewpoint.

Personally I found the wedding episode not sexist at all. It was about Rian talking about what she wanted to do with her life and another woman preparing for the start of her new life with her new family. It focused on how those issues affected them and not the men around them. Cliched, sure, but not sexist.

Killing off Rian for no apparently good reason so we can have it focus on how her death affects Ryuuga? Fridging.
Dragonfan
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by Dragonfan »

Lunagel wrote:
Dragonfan wrote:About the sexism issue, I don't see it as that. We have Ryuume that legitimatelly kicks ass, and we have Gald who would be ignored as much as Ryuuga ignored Amily in this episode. We already had our sexist serving in episode 4 with the wedding stuff.
That's not your call dude. You don't get to decide what people do or don't find offensive and you don't get to tell anyone that their views on sexism/racism/whateverism are wrong because they're not coming from your viewpoint.

Personally I found the wedding episode not sexist at all. It was about Rian talking about what she wanted to do with her life and another woman preparing for the start of her new life with her new family. It focused on how those issues affected them and not the men around them. Cliched, sure, but not sexist.

Killing off Rian for no apparently good reason so we can have it focus on how her death affects Ryuuga? Fridging.
? And where did I say that it was my call? Where did I impose my opinion in any way? Where did I told you that your view on sexism was wrong? You said your opinion, and I said "I don't SEE it that way". Is it so hard to understand?

I could have totally answered you the same shit you just have thrown me from your previous post. "It's not your call, girl, you don't get to decide that this episode don't respect women". But I didn't, because I respect different opinions as long as they're not trying to force me to think as them, because I like to read different points of view, because I embrace diversity and, in summary, because I am not a damn moron. That's something I can not say about you right now, sadly.

And now you can ban me from this whole forum if you wish, but your answer was totally innapropiate and way over the top, and you know it. If you have so many problems when someone have an opinion that is different than yours, maybe you are not so sure about your opinion to begin with.

Jeez.
Lunagel
Mofu~

Post by Lunagel »

I'm not going to make this into a "he said/she said" issue because that's not what this forum is for. You don't get to decide my opinion, I don't get to decide yours. I stated my reasons why I said I think it's sexist. I don't think I overreacted but apparently you think so. Whatever. Issue dropped.

Hey, Yukihime said something intelligible this episode.
abazigal
7X

Post by abazigal »

My take was that Garo kind of "accepted" the darkness as part of itself, so it is using the power of darkness in a sense. A bit odd though, feels like an idea they wanted to use in the original season but was cut for some reason, so they are recycling it here.
Dragonfan
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by Dragonfan »

Lunagel wrote:I'm not going to make this into a "he said/she said" issue because that's not what this forum is for.
For being something who thinks like that you sure didn't flicker to tell me that I was deciding whose ideas are wrong.

Anyway, I drop the issue too, it is just not worth it.
slyphnier
Complacent masses
Complacent masses

Post by slyphnier »

maybe i should make new thread for this
but anyone have playback issue with garo shou 18 CM ?

it should be 3 cm right ? ... first new ending cm... 2nd dmm fx ... and 3rd not sure
anyway playback with vlc 2.2.1 video screen stuck on dmm.fx but sound keep playing on
trackbar also ended at dmm fx

anyone else got same issue like me?

btw i am on win10 64pro
Phoenix512
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top

Post by Phoenix512 »

It's an error but I don't know what should be removed or added. You are going to wait a bit before. Also I'm surprised no one else brought this up until now.

Return to “-Gold Storm- Shou”