KR Drive 46 Released

I'm a fine-tuned supersonic speed machine
Forum rules

Kamen Rider Drive Wiki Link

< Gaim | Drive | Ghost >

Spoiler rules: No posting information about unreleased stuff. Preview and movie promo discussion must be in marked spoiler tags.

How did you find this episode?

Poll ended at Wed Sep 30, 2015 4:09 pm

☆☆☆☆☆
70%
☆☆☆☆
25%
☆☆☆
5%
☆☆
No votes
No votes

Total votes: 20
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

KR Drive 46 Released

Post by Lunagel »

Wiki: http://wiki.tvnihon.com/wiki/Kamen_Rider_Drive_46

Well, that was...eh. Kinda nice to have Go admit he's been an ass. And it was rather satisfying to have him ax Banno in the face(?).

Hee, hee, exterminate.
Yaiba
Sentai Senshi
Favorite series: Dekaranger, Gokaiger, Magiranger, Shinkenger, Kyouryuuger, Kuuga

Re: KR Drive 46 Released

Post by Yaiba »

Kamen Rider Mach-Chaser looks cheap and utter crap, but that's ok, because Go's redemption, realization and the subsequent fight to see Banno getting owned completely totally makes up for it.

If they're willing to spend money on it, I'm sure it'll look pretty slick. And on top of that with Mashin Chaser's Viral Core cars fusing with it, omg it will look awesome. Ah, but that's too much resources for a one-time only form.

Go's name came into play here, as in, Banno is telling him to stop but at the same time he is also yelling "Go!"

And I like how Signal Ax's "Wait" and "You may go" kinda mixed into the conversation.

I feel they are going to get rid of everything that is non-human.
Arigomi
Save the life
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Board Games

Post by Arigomi »

The plot came to a grinding halt with the cellphone conversation. Despite being in a situation where time is of the essence, this scene felt so out of place.

Shinnosuke and Heart decide that math is the key to victory. What? The entire exchange just raises more questions than answers. This is quickly brushed aside in favor of Medic as a deus ex machina.
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Post by Lunagel »

As far as I can make out from that conversation, since Sigma has the power of 4 ultimately evolved Roidmude, then both of them (2) at double their strength (x2) should be equal to its power.

Which is, um, yeah, pretty silly.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

I'm pretty sure you wanted Chase dead a few times, Go. We're not buds, but I'm just trying to keep you honest, man.

Kiriko, does it not rain at all in your world?

A second series with actual crying. I'm liking this trend! More attempts at real emotions!
VerusMaya II
Humongous
Favorite series: Ultraman Mebius, Lupinranger vs Patranger, Kamen Rider Build
2nd Favorite Series: Gokaiger, Ryukendo
Dreamy: Q
Favorite Band: Calexico
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: FFXIV
Quote: veridis quo
Type: INFP Healer

Post by VerusMaya II »

Chase ;_;
we are here to take the blame; to take the taunts and live the shame
we are here to make you feel; it terrifies you, but it's real
Fat D
Wanted Pirate
Wanted Pirate
Favorite series: Gokaiger
2nd Favorite Series: Kiva
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
Type: INTP Architect

Post by Fat D »

Is it just my imagination or does Heart's costume look awful when he is running towards the room where they meet Sigma? It just seems to me like some guy in a heavy coat awkwardly bumbling around as if he is trying to get to the bathroom.
ViRGE
Save the life

Post by ViRGE »

Gorramit it Toei! Stop killing everyone we like. Even Urobutcher wasn't this heartless.

I'm actually kind of surprised Banno went down this episode. I expected he'd live until the end. But I guess this is Shinnouske's show, and Banno was not Shinnouske's rival. So Go needed to be wrapped up for the final episode to focus on Shinnouske. Plus this way at least someone gets a win since Shinnouske needed to lose to setup the next episode...

It was a good fight, too. I do get a bit annoyed that it's only now that Mach actually goes fast, but I'll accept it on a dramatic basis. Plus I'm a sucker for fights where the hero basically gets to dance around the villain.

As for Shinnouske, so now the real big bad is a brand new not-quite-a-character? This is almost disappointing in a way. Half of the joy of the final victory is vanquishing the foe, and that's a lot less joyful when it's essentially a brand new character.

And what the heck is going on with Gen and Rinna?
takenoko wrote:Kiriko, does it not rain at all in your world?
Well the worst day in her life was the first Global Freeze, where she got converted into energy and almost died. There's a bit of PTSD in there...
Yaiba wrote:Kamen Rider Mach-Chaser looks cheap and utter crap, but that's ok, because Go's redemption, realization and the subsequent fight to see Banno getting owned completely totally makes up for it.
I agree and disagree. Yes, it's not very intricate - they clearly just took parts from both suits - but it's also not terrible.
And I like how Signal Ax's "Wait" and "You may go" kinda mixed into the conversation.
I liked that. It was clever. :)
Virgo Angel
Adventure
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Kabuto
2nd Favorite Series: Ninja Sentai Kakuran
Dreamy: Gentarou Kisaragi
Favorite Actor?: Sota Fukushi
My boom: Junya Ikeda

Post by Virgo Angel »

cried again at chase's death, then at go and kirikos crying. loved it when bano died and felt nothing when medic died, i felt more when brain died then she did
Digifiend
Gabu

Post by Digifiend »

ViRGE wrote:And what the heck is going on with Gen and Rinna?
Love?
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

Does she do that every time it rains? A broken clock can be right twice a day, but then there's all the spots in between.

>And what the heck is going on with Gen and Rinna?

Best couple. Rinna and Gen have been affectionate towards each other throughout the series! I swear that I'm not just shipping them.
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

Nice episode. The costume for Mach/Chase was crap but I can imagine they didn't want to have to repaint the whole thing if it was going to be used once. That scene with the axe was both hilarious and satisfying at the same time. And also having the secondary rider beat the main antagonist was refreshing.

I love Shin. His maths definitely checks out. Feel bad for Heart since he is the last Roidmude left now.
envedges
Infinity

Post by envedges »

I always imagine that Mach's Final Form would be based off of the Ride Crosser combination. I was close. Chaser Mach's scene was pretty enjoyable IMO, but I have to agree with everyone above about Chaser Mach. It is probably one of the laziest kit-bash I seen in Kamen Rider series yet. At least with Yomotsuheguri, they put some effort into painting and slightly modifying it. Even Lemon Energy Baron that I joke about being lazy, I would say they still put more effort into that and looks much better than this combination. I enjoy the fact that Banno was voiced and played in person by Morita Masakazu as I'm always a fan of seiyuus making a live action appearance in person, but I'm just not fan of what they did to Banno when he became a villain. It is not like I hate him just for the sake of being a bad guy. I dislike him for becoming the second Nira of this show. He comes off very douche and becomes a real b*tch moments before his death instead of facing it like a man. It come off a little annoying and it feels like the writers are trying too hard on making a character that you want to punch.

Also I forgot to mention in the last episode that Heart and Medic reminds me a lot like Rio and Mele from Gekiranger, which I could do a long discussion about. It just dawn on me when they did a group transformation with our heroes. Now to think of it, Gold Drive is kind of like Long in a way that they are both golden d*cks.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

TV Tropes, is there a trope for golden dicks?
ViRGE
Save the life

Post by ViRGE »

takenoko wrote:TV Tropes, is there a trope for golden dicks?
Well let's see

We have Super Golden Mode
And then there's the Golden Girls
Oh, and of course there's the ubiquitous Gold Digger
But in the end, the closest thing you'll find is Gold and White Are Divine, which actually has the White Wizard in there as how divinity and power don't always mean someone is good.

Return to “Kamen Rider Drive”