KR Drive 48 released

I'm a fine-tuned supersonic speed machine
Forum rules

Kamen Rider Drive Wiki Link

< Gaim | Drive | Ghost >

Spoiler rules: No posting information about unreleased stuff. Preview and movie promo discussion must be in marked spoiler tags.

Rating

Poll ended at Sat Oct 10, 2015 9:09 pm

☆☆☆☆☆
67%
☆☆☆☆
29%
☆☆☆
No votes
☆☆
5%
No votes

Total votes: 21
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

KR Drive 48 released

Post by takenoko »

http://wiki.tvnihon.com/wiki/Kamen_Rider_Drive_48

Previous episode rating 4.13 / 5 (23 votes)

Yeah, that was a proper crossover. I'm pleased with it, and it actually makes me a bit excited for Ghost.
Yaiba
Sentai Senshi
Favorite series: Dekaranger, Gokaiger, Magiranger, Shinkenger, Kyouryuuger, Kuuga

Re: KR Drive 48 released

Post by Yaiba »

Liked this episode. And I'm damn glad this is a proper epilogue and not some alternative universe BS.

And I'd say this is actually a better finale than the last episode. It felt more heart was put into this.
- Glad that Chase didn't come back to life, it'd have cheapen his sacrifice.
- Liked they address that Shinnosuke is depressed because Belt-san is gone.
- Liked that Shinnosuke gets into the First Division, which is the same department where his father had worked.
- Especially liked that Shinnosuke comes to realization what he needs to do as a police, not as a Kamen Rider. Roidmude was gone but there'll be no peace, because evil existed in humanity.
Go-On Macaroni
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top
Type: INFP Healer

Post by Go-On Macaroni »

"Quick guys, we got 3 mins. left , toss in a weirdly-done AMV!"

That said, I liked this one. The case was handled with the right amount of gravitas for once, there weren't any sudden cuts to lame comedy or any of similar junk that the series itself did. I feel odd praising Nobuhiro Mouri (part of me feels he was really restrained in this one) but he did a good job this time.
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Post by Lunagel »

Um, wow. Actual quality in a crossover episode. Color me extremely surprised.

Aside from Kiriko getting kidnapped AGAIN (where the hell are those ball-shattering boots again?) this was a really excellent episode. We tied up loose ends with Shinnosuke and Kiriko, we had some nice closure on Belt and the Neo Shade, and I really, really like the little eyeball guy. He's snarky and snide and will probably be very fun to translate.

Goodbye Drive, you were a fun and occasionally confusing series, but overall I'll call you a win.
VerusMaya II
Humongous
Favorite series: Ultraman Mebius, Lupinranger vs Patranger, Kamen Rider Build
2nd Favorite Series: Gokaiger, Ryukendo
Dreamy: Q
Favorite Band: Calexico
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: FFXIV
Quote: veridis quo

Post by VerusMaya II »

Takeru's tiny little voice coming from the big muscular Ghost suit, playing off the fast-paced and snarky Yurusen(?) was really cute. The suit looked good in motion, too. I bet phasing in/out of visibility will be Ghost's "fight gimmick."

I always get emotional at the end of series, even if they meandered and faltered along the way. :( Goodbye Drive. You were fun and kept me fairly well hooked despite everything.
we are here to take the blame; to take the taunts and live the shame
we are here to make you feel; it terrifies you, but it's real
Arigomi
Save the life
My boom: Board Games

Post by Arigomi »

I'm pleasantly surprised at how good this episode turned out. The focus on police investigation brought the show full circle.

It was nice to see a former Kamen Rider coming to terms with living without the belt.
ViRGE
Save the life

Post by ViRGE »

Seriously, the final episode and Kiriko gets kidnapped again!? *throws hands in air*

Overall I'm a little burnt out on Ghost simply because they also gave him a short scene in the previous episode. But I appreciate that this is a proper crossover, and that rather than dredge up anything Roidmude, they went right back to the start and focused on the case Shinnouske was working on before the Global Freeze. That was a neat way to tie things up.

As for Ghost: oh boy, there's going to be a puppet? We'll see how the first episode goes, but I may not be back until 2016.:|
wisdomcat
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Post by wisdomcat »

not sure why they called this a "special" episode when it was a proper finale. Anyways I enjoyed this episode it was really good.
SS39KR25
I am the new #2
I am the new #2

Post by SS39KR25 »

:-( wah wah wah I just downloaded the final Kamen Rider Drive show.
Uzur9
TQG
TQG
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Gaimu
2nd Favorite Series: Kaizoku Sentai Gokai
Favorite Band: J-rock/pop + Dubstep
Alignment: Lawful Neutral
Type: ISTP Crafter

Post by Uzur9 »

Anyone else notice the error @ 18:30-36 "Casper" holds the wrong Eyecon [03 and not 04]
Kamen Rider left to finish:
Reiwa: Geats, Gotchard

Super Sentai left to finish:
Shōwa: Denjiman, Goggle V, Dynaman, Changeman

Heisei: Complete.

Reiwa: Zenkaiger, High School Heroes, Donbrothers & King-Ohger
RyuShinEX
Go Go!

Post by RyuShinEX »

Uzur9 wrote:Anyone else notice the error @ 18:30-36 "Casper" holds the wrong Eyecon [03 and not 04]
yup. i wonder why they didn't bother to reshoot.

who thought of OOO midway in the episode? :lol:

- pardon me if it's a spoiler

overall, drive is a good series. thumbs up!
tr0jance
Infinity
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Fourze
2nd Favorite Series: Gokaiger
Dreamy: Mayuko Arisue
Favorite Band: Loaded Diaper
My boom: Imagination
Quote: (silently fades in shadows)

Post by tr0jance »

Yes, finally no alternate reality, nor alternate universe. This rider's exist on the same timeline. It's a good thing that Shinnosuke's not a rider anymore, It makes him more human, unlike in Gaim (Kouta became a freaking god...), Nice ending, Nice epilogue as well.
Netto no Zen-Aki
Gabu
Favorite series: Sentai
2nd Favorite Series: Rider
Quote: "We cannot change the past, for it is written in stone. So we look to the future, for it has yet to be written."

Completed:
KR- Ryuki, Kabuto, Kiva, Den-O, Decade, W, OOO, Fourze, Wizard, Gaim, Drive
Sentai- Deka, Magi, Bouken, Geki, Go-On, Shinken, Gosei, Gokai, Go-Bust, Kyouryu, ToQger
ETC- Ryukendo, Rescue Force, Rescue Fire, Garo, Garo: Makai Senki, Garo: Yami

Current:
Shuriken Sentai Ninninger
Kamen Rider Ghost

Post by Netto no Zen-Aki »

This was a nice series overall. And I was going to say from the preview they showed Chaser and Mach there, so I was thinking either alternate universe or flashback. Lo and behold; flashback. That makes it better. I kind of hope that they have some fun with the idea of a Ghost episode that shows him showing up to Shinnosuke on the verge of death when he's just doing his thing.

Let's Drive!
Kuchiri
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: LuPat
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger
Dreamy: There are alot.
Favorite Actor?: Alot of this too.
Alignment: Neutral Good

Post by Kuchiri »

Other than my usual complaint that most Japanese cop-themed shows use the word Buddy as slang for partner. (Based off of Buddy Cop Movies where the partners are buddies to one and another, used heavily in Bitter Blood which stars Takeru Satoh of Den-O/Kenshin fame. I feel most lines in the show would've fit better with partner. 'He's my partner' 'We're partners' instead of buddy.)

This was a great send off. It faked you out thinking that Shinnoskue was going to transform at the end but decided to advance his character. He finished arc as Kamen Rider it's now time to start anew as an instigator.
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

Great episode. Ghost didn't need to be there, but even there he didn't intrude too much and seems like a bro, which gives me hope.

I think the best thing about this is that it gives closure to Shinnosukes character. He forgoes Ghosts 'miracle' and just shoots the guy. Fantastic finish.

Return to “Kamen Rider Drive”