Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

PPGZ 45 released

Post by takenoko »

Stupid frog prince singing XD

I really liked the conclusion to the Sedusa story. I really like Sakurako's character
RSR Andros

Post by RSR Andros »

Will this really be the end of Sedusa? I doubt it...
That Guy
Save the life
Favorite series: Gurren-Lagann
2nd Favorite Series: Shinkenger
Dreamy: Ozu Urara
Favorite Actor?: Hosokawa Shigeki
Favorite Band: Disturbed
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: Gurren-Lagann

Post by That Guy »

This was a good episode. I especially liked the second half, because the frog prince, while funny, seemed a little too silly for me. Although they score high on the comedy meter for all that singing :P . And yes, the idea of a "frog prince" is very subjective, Momoko.

As for the Sakurako half: I thought this was very well done, a nice end to the Sedusa story. Or a near end. There are only seven episodes left, after all, so it's time they started wrapping things up. So if this is the end, it was a good way to do it: secure their relationship. The misinterpretation of what Kouichirou's conversation with his sensei was about was a bit predictable, but understandable, so I'll forgive that because we got to see some Sedusa sexiness. Not that I'm like that.

Looking at that preview, I honestly don't remember reading the review of the next episode, I'll have to go and look at that one.
Ketsurui
There are five lights!
There are five lights!

Post by Ketsurui »

The frog prince... yes... it was pretty stupid, so stupid that made me laugh, however, it was very predictable that Momoko's dreams wouldn't become true. I wasn't expecting the frog prince being an actual frog though.

So about Sedusa, I don't like her at all, she's too exaggerate in her "sexiness bursts", Sakurako, however, is a kind of interesting girl. As Drago11 said, it was predictable about Kouichirou's sensei, but it still was nice to see Sakurako's reaction.

About "the end of Sedusa", it's very unlikely, as we see at the end of the episode, Sakurako gets jealous about another girl and prepared to transform again.
Thou shalt be engraved upon thine soul!
puddington

Post by puddington »

Ketsurui wrote:...

About "the end of Sedusa", it's very unlikely, as we see at the end of the episode, Sakurako gets jealous about another girl and prepared to transform again.
Not just prepared! In that final freeze-frame, she's got a streak of lipstick on her face, and the hair on one side of her head has turned black and wavy as the girls tackle her =P
That Guy
Save the life

Post by That Guy »

May I remind you that this series is mostly episodic?
umrain

Post by umrain »

I like to think that Sakurako is a victim of the Mass Media pressuring girls to meet some sort of feminine ideal (even Kaoru can't resist heh) but then I remember that this show is not really very deep or political and really she's always just mad because she sees Souichirou talking to some cute girl that isn't her.

Well, at least she's proactive about it instead of sitting around sulking I guess...
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

umrain wrote:I like to think that Sakurako is a victim of the Mass Media pressuring girls to meet some sort of feminine ideal
So those dames aren't just neurotic and jealous? I kid!

It is funny how Souichirou is a guy who likes her for who she is, and yet she's always imagining up these problems. I guess the disparity between their thinking is what makes their romantic comedy storyline one of my favorite ongoing stories in this series
umrain

Post by umrain »

So those dames aren't just neurotic and jealous?

No, just Sakurako :D

It is funny how Souichirou is a guy who likes her for who she is, and yet she's always imagining up these problems.

That's love for ya!
Cabasho
There are four lights!
There are four lights!

Re: PPGZ 45 released

Post by Cabasho »

i really liked the episode, interesting conclusion.... i think that sakurako has been very silly not trusting souichirou until now... by the way... what happened to the last 7 episodes? ·_·?
That Guy
Save the life

Post by That Guy »

Cabasho wrote:i really liked the episode, interesting conclusion.... i think that sakurako has been very silly not trusting souichirou until now... by the way... what happened to the last 7 episodes? ·_·?
Common sense says that they'll be out when they're done, and not a moment sooner.
Sabre
Favorite series: Demashitaa! PPGZ

Post by Sabre »

Cabasho wrote:i really liked the episode, interesting conclusion.... i think that sakurako has been very silly not trusting souichirou until now... by the way... what happened to the last 7 episodes? ·_·?
Hehe.. word to the wise.. never try to rush a subbing crew. It.. proves rather detrimental to your health
Blue Kool-Aid
There are five lights!
There are five lights!

Re:

Post by Blue Kool-Aid »

puddington wrote:
Ketsurui wrote:...

Not just prepared! In that final freeze-frame, she's got a streak of lipstick on her face, and the hair on one side of her head has turned black and wavy as the girls tackle her =P
On snap, I can't believe I missed that! Good eye there. :o
Battra
Humongous
Favorite series: Ultra Seven
2nd Favorite Series: Ultraman Tiga
Dreamy: Sakura Nishihori
Favorite Band: Akira Ifukube
Alignment: Chaotic Evil
My boom: Ultra Seven

Post by Battra »

Good episode the frog prince part was hilarious Momoko working up this huge fantasy in her head then having that fantasy shattered by the realization that she kissed a regular frog. Poor Sakurako she just needs to believe in her self more and she won't think the worst about Souichirou, then she won't transform into Sedusa.
Defeat the Great Fire-Breathing Monster... use your Ultra Beam and... STRIKE!

Return to “Powerpuff Girls Z”