TorchWood
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Pirate Sentai GoKaiger
2nd Favorite Series: Special Operations Squadron Go-Busters
Alignment: Lawful Evil

Best Super Sentai Bad Guys

Post by TorchWood »

Any opinions on the best Super Sentai Bad Guys? These are folks who who torture our heroes over multiple episodes in the series. As my nominations:
  • Bandora (ZyuRanger) - Unlike most of the bosses, she is not content with staying in her palace, but regularly taunts our heroes, hates children, and hates dinosaurs.
  • Enter (GoBuster) - I don't know about you guys, but Enter was creepy and psychotic as hell.
  • Basco (GoKaiger) - Appearing in several episodes, he is willing to do anything, include kill Sally, to get what he wants.
Something happening on a show turns into a board comment.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Re: Best Super Sentai Bad Guys

Post by takenoko »

Enter is pretty great. I really liked the Dr. Hinelar/Yugande/Shiborena trio, since they didn't backstab each other and seemed like an actual functioning group.

Wolzard was bad ass.

I liked Yami no Yaiba's design.

I liked Fuwa Juuzou's aesthetic, but I thought he was a bit one dimensional.

I'm just going to leave out all the villains that get redeemed.
DaVinci030
Space Empire Zangyack
Space Empire Zangyack
Favorite series: 牙狼<GARO>
Alignment: Neutral Good
Instagram: DaVinci030

Post by DaVinci030 »

From 1st to 3rd
* Basco (Gokaiger)
* Enter (Go-Busters)
* Fuwa Juuzou (Shinkenger)

Kogashi
Yggdrasill Dog
Yggdrasill Dog
Favorite series: Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Shinkenger
My boom: OK KO Let's Be Heroes
Quote: Man should not live on carbohydrates alone, complex or otherwise.
Type: ENFJ Teacher

Post by Kogashi »

Hmmm... This one might take me a while to think of... *heads off to sleep to consider the villains he can remember, debating between single villains themselves of villain groups.* Sorry to take up a whole post to say 'I dunno yet'.
READING TOO MUCH INTO THINGS![/size] including random over analysis rants on pop culture, and Tokusatsu series reviews, if Toei gets off my back for long enough. Also follow on twitter @R2TMIT, or facebook.com/R2TMIT
xiiliea
Humongous
Favorite series: Ultraman Nexus
2nd Favorite Series: Ultraman Gaia
Favorite Actor?: Fujita Ray

Post by xiiliea »

I only watched 2 before-2000s series but I still think that Jetman has the best villains of any series. Emperor Tranza and Radige are badass-looking and they have their interesting personalities (Radige's "soft side" and Tranza's epic costume and cool-yet-evil way of talking). Also Maria is one of if not the best female villain ever, badass looking and not just a generic big boobs with metal bra woman. Gray is also, epic, looking like a mean war-robot.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

Big boobs with metal bra villain
Go-On Macaroni
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top
Type: INFP Healer

Post by Go-On Macaroni »

Sir Kaura from Flashman's one of my favorites.
He's not just a cackling "Oh, I'll get them next time" villain but rather someone who's cold, calculating and very knowledgeable about the team's past using it against them a few times. He's also someone who -- I'd rather not spoil on the why -- but he does end up keeping his promises near the end of the show.

Being played by Joji Nakata doesn't hurt either.
Ambadi
Complacent masses
Complacent masses
Quote: Hade ni... KITAAAAAA!!!!!!!

Post by Ambadi »

I've only ever seen Flashman, Jetman, Abaranger-Ninninger, but out of all of them, the villain that leave the biggest impression on me is Enter from Tokumei Sentai Go-Busters. He starts as the big bad's lieutenant yet by manipulation & persistence managed to become the greater threat by the end of Go-Busters, even using fellow lieutenant Escape & eventually Messiah himself to further his own goals. He's also really smart & strategic, able to come up with really creative schemes, while thinking long-term with contingency plans, all the while simultaneously getting even stronger.

Some runner-ups include Radiguet from Jetman, Long from Gekiranger & Juuzou from Shinkenger.
AxemYellow
I'm a ghost... wooo~
I'm a ghost... wooo~
Favorite series: Gekiranger, Ryuki
2nd Favorite Series: Magiranger, OOO
Dreamy: Katou Yakumo
Favorite Actor?: Mizushima Hiro
Type: INTP Architect

Post by AxemYellow »

The main villains from Gekiranger were always my favourite Sentai villains, especially Long. One of his main motivations was boredom. If I ever became a supervillain, that would be my motivation.

I also love Enter, as well as Abarekiller, if he counts as a villain.
D_B
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Please delete this account.
2nd Favorite Series: Please delete this account.
Dreamy: Please delete this account.
Favorite Actor?: Please delete this account.
Favorite Band: Please delete this account.
My boom: Please delete this account.
Quote: Please delete this account.

Post by D_B »

takenoko wrote:I liked Fuwa Juuzou's aesthetic, but I thought he was a bit one dimensional.
Agreed, on appearance alone, he is of of my all time favorites... however I felt the one-dimensional character was very fitting, due to the origin of the Uramasa. I cannot imagine anyone with real depth being willing to able to wield it effectively (vagueness intentional to avoid spoilers for those who haven't seen it).

Also from Shinkenger, I LOVED the character of Dayu. Just on appearance alone, she isn't anything really awesome... but her story, character and the sheer amount of sadness I felt for her as I learned more makes her unforgettable.
...The fact that Shinkenger is my all time favorite Sentai series is likely due to how much I loved these characters.

Grand Witch Grandiene, from GoGoFive is another of my favorites. From a design perspective, her form is just pure badassery. Plus (to my knowledge, anyway), she is the oldest character in all of Sentai, period (making her an "anchor point" for me, as the "beginning" the entire Sentai timeline). Plus she is the mother of my other favorite from GoGoFive... Princess Denus (though she would never win any "Mother of the Year" awards, their story is very meaningful, if sad).

From the armor, to the smoking hot actress wearing it, Princess Denus was just an awesome villain, by any estimation. For years, I looked for a life-size poster of her, because I just loved her so much.
***EDIT***
takenoko wrote:Big boobs with metal bra villain
ROFL. Denus said, "Oh, hi!" from inside her big, metal bra.

I don't know if the AkibaRangers are technically "officially unofficial" enough to include, but I shall, anyway. Malshiina (and her actress, Honoka) is a scorching hot, wet dream that was made flesh. She could be serious and deadly, silly and condescending, confused and acting as a semi-ally, or tired of losing and just relaxing in a bath... every single flavor of her just makes me happy.
...and her skintight "armor" sure didn't hurt my feelings, either.
Please delete this account.
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

All of the Deboss Generals. I loved the interactions they had and the nice balance of humour and seriousness.
Kogashi
Yggdrasill Dog
Yggdrasill Dog
Favorite series: Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Shinkenger
My boom: OK KO Let's Be Heroes
Quote: Man should not live on carbohydrates alone, complex or otherwise.
Type: ENFJ Teacher

Post by Kogashi »

After much thought and much lack of thought, think I've pinned down my opinions.

There's always going to be a softspot for Bandora from Zyuranger and her army. Partly because I'm still used to them from Power Rangers, but also because unlike so many other evil orginizations, she's actually actively involved in her 'generals' issues. She helps when there's marital arguments, she helps them think creatively when it comes to evil plans. Heck, when they have a victory in site, she takes them out for a half-parade half-picnic complete with upbeat song. That's good managment.

Though, story and arch wise, I'd have to go with Rio (and to a lesser extent Mele) from Gekirangers, for some rather clear reasons. His story is tragic, once you have the pieces you can see why he's gone pure 'crush all beneth my boot' on the world. And once the truth's out, he does some rather logical and yet heroic things all the same. He has full growth both as a villain and as any other character in the show who isn't partly an animal.

And then of course, there's the smooth, elegence of the truly most powerful of evil forces... Abare-KILLER!
READING TOO MUCH INTO THINGS![/size] including random over analysis rants on pop culture, and Tokusatsu series reviews, if Toei gets off my back for long enough. Also follow on twitter @R2TMIT, or facebook.com/R2TMIT
remolay
It's Time for Buster
It's Time for Buster
Favorite series: Go-Busters
2nd Favorite Series: Gokaiger
Dreamy: Wizard's Costume
Favorite Actor?: Simon Pegg
Favorite Band: Queen
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Babylon 5
Quote: There's a hole in my neighborhood down which of late I cannot help but fall.
Type: INFP Healer

Post by remolay »

Enter is easily my favorite and who I think is the best Sentai bad guy.
Well I guess I'm not a pirate anymore now that img limits exist.

Help I can't help finding every yellow ranger cute
ShotaroxPhillip
Complacent masses
Complacent masses
Favorite series: w,ooo,kiva,den-o
2nd Favorite Series: fourze,kuuga,agito
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral

Post by ShotaroxPhillip »

for bad guys in the super sentai

I really like enter .
ShotaroxPhillip