Kaigan KR Ghost 02

G-g-ghosts?!
Forum rules
Kamen Rider Ghost Wiki Link

< Drive | Ghost | Ex-Aid >

Spoiler rules: No posting information about unreleased stuff. Preview and movie promo discussion must be in marked spoiler tags.

Rating

Poll ended at Sat Oct 24, 2015 10:55 pm

☆☆☆☆☆
15%
☆☆☆☆
26%
☆☆☆
47%
☆☆
9%
3%

Total votes: 34
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Kaigan KR Ghost 02

Post by takenoko »

<Ep1
Wiki Article
Ep3>

Last week's poll rating: 3.68

Will it go up this week?
Yaiba
Sentai Senshi
Favorite series: Dekaranger, Gokaiger, Magiranger, Shinkenger, Kyouryuuger, Kuuga

Re: Kaigan KR Ghost 02

Post by Yaiba »

Much better episode than last week now that the basics are out of the way. We get to know more about Takeru, and Akari seems to be quieting down.

A lot of people complained about the fact that Takeru cannot die in battle, so nothing is at stake. But that's not true. He can die, and he will die in 95 days if the task given to him is not fulfilled. I think that's a lot worse than having a chance to randomly die in battle. He has a time limit, it's like having a fatal disease like cancer.

When you know you will die on a set day, what are you going to do with the days remaining? Give up? Enjoy life? Find a way to survive?

Imagin you go to the calendar and cross out each day, counting the number of days remaining.

How will you face it when the day finally comes? How will you deal with your friends and family? How will the people around you take it?

I think this can go a lot deeper than simply immune to death in battles, and I'm interested to see where the writers take this.

And I love the opening song, it's lively and catchy.
Arigomi
Save the life
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Board Games

Post by Arigomi »

I wonder how far the writers intend to drag out the "Akari is a skeptic" angle. It takes a lot of resolve to maintain that level of disbelief despite all of the stuff she has witnessed and experienced.

Colorful characters can make a show fun but the fake yellow hair on Sonada was very distracting. He looked like a factory reject from the troll doll factory.
VerusMaya II
Humongous
Favorite series: Ultraman Mebius, Lupinranger vs Patranger, Kamen Rider Build
2nd Favorite Series: Gokaiger, Ryukendo
Dreamy: Q
Favorite Band: Calexico
My boom: FFXIV
Quote: veridis quo
Type: INFP Healer

Post by VerusMaya II »

Eh, I think Akari already believes, she's just too stubborn to admit it yet. She won't hold out much longer.

This episode was cute but felt like a bridge to me. Here we're setting up our narrative formula (find phenomenon -> dawdle/talk/punch Ganma -> solve issue -> receive prize) and as it's only the first, it's a little awkward. Some good tiny bits here, though, like Takeru's sulking mirrored by Akari's sulking, and their talk at the pond.
we are here to take the blame; to take the taunts and live the shame
we are here to make you feel; it terrifies you, but it's real
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Post by Lunagel »

I like how they didn't say Edison invented the lightbulb, just modified it, which is more than I can say for American education these days. We're still really getting set up here with the giant machines and the big eye symbols in the sky, but it looks like next episode we'll see some actual moving forward with plot. Maybe.

Also, we had 95 days left at the middle of this episode, so time is going a bit slower than actual time here. Or maybe next episode we'll catch up. I doubt they'll slow it down too much or else the Christmas episode is going to be in the middle of March.
TokuCasual
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Post by TokuCasual »

Yaiba wrote:A lot of people complained about the fact that Takeru cannot die in battle, so nothing is at stake. But that's not true. He can die, and he will die in 95 days if the task given to him is not fulfilled.
Even then we don't know if what the old man say is true or not. This is Kamen Rider, it's hard to trust creepy old man. Even a playful one.

Also agreed, OP song is quite catchy, if not a bit anime-like.

Gave this a 3. A decent episode. I love the melody that plays at the pond scene. Moral of the story, Edison takes from Tesla coil monster.
toni2212
Team Gaim
Team Gaim
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Kabuto
2nd Favorite Series: Gokaiger
Dreamy: Luka Milffy
Favorite Actor?: Hidenori Tokuyama
Favorite Band: Psychic Lover
My boom: Ogino Karin
Quote: "Time travel isn't confusing, it's Toei that makes it confusing" - me

Post by toni2212 »

An okay episode. I think Toei needs to get themselves into a real lab and see for themselves how a scientist dress up, cause that is some horrible get-up. I get that they wanted to emphasize Edison's Soul appearing, but did they have to make the scientist dressed like that to make the point? I mean it's A YELLOW HAIR WIG!

Edison's form debut seems a little bit short though. What a shame since I really liked the form more than Musashi's. And the form's song is quite catchy too.

*Forgot to say this, but is the OP song the first since Kiva or Gaim that doesn't include the Rider's name in the song? Ever since Decade, we've always got an OP song with the Rider's name on them. Gaim is counted special since his name doesn't appear directly, but rather in another meaning (Got it Move... sounds similar to Gaim)
Last edited by toni2212 on Fri Oct 16, 2015 10:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
ViRGE
Save the life

Post by ViRGE »

I'm probably the outlier here, but I found this one dreadful. Too much, too quick, and with too much comic relief and yelling.
Digifiend
Gabu

Post by Digifiend »

Lunagel wrote:I like how they didn't say Edison invented the lightbulb, just modified it, which is more than I can say for American education these days. We're still really getting set up here with the giant machines and the big eye symbols in the sky, but it looks like next episode we'll see some actual moving forward with plot. Maybe.

Also, we had 95 days left at the middle of this episode, so time is going a bit slower than actual time here. Or maybe next episode we'll catch up. I doubt they'll slow it down too much or else the Christmas episode is going to be in the middle of March.
I wouldn't worry about that - I think they're just making it so that all the important stuff doesn't always happen on a Sunday! And there was a scene of Akari at college, which wouldn't be possible on the weekend.
Renigami
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Post by Renigami »

Captain Ghost reminds me of Dragon in Wizard. Both Ghost's bike and Wizard's bike dock in such a manner to control the beast machine.

Also, it is fitting that Ghost.Edison has a light bulb smack dab in the middle of his face, yet it also forms what looks like a wasp's face as well.

I am not sure if this is true, but it is for me, that Kamen Rider Ghost would be one of the first to be educational on purpose of Kamen Rider. (Kiva can count I guess)

Also, between both episode 1 and 2, the supporting cast is loud. As in grating loud. I know that it is probably the direction to go over the top with those two, but for my ears, it is a barrage of noise.

Like the configurable weapon. Reminds me of Den-O.
Phoenix512
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top

Post by Phoenix512 »

I feel like the OP doesn't really match with this series. It's too happy go lucky especially when you got a guy who's going to die within three months.

I found it very odd that Akari meets up with Takeru and the screaming one at the lab. It seem like the writer needed a way to get her there and comes up with a lame excuse from the university to do so. It's like why should they care about some random outages that looks like it has nothing to do with them.

I do agree that having two loud supporting characters was a horrible idea.
Skeith
7X
Quote: I'm.....right here.

Post by Skeith »

I really like the forms he is taking and that his sword can changed into duel swords and a gun. Guess it can also turn into other weapons too so that cool.

Yeah those 2 support characters are a little loud, but they are also shown to be useful. Both were able to find the location of where the next eyecon was through their own means.
Akari
Kamen Knight
Favorite series: KR Faiz/Ryukendo
2nd Favorite Series: GARO
Dreamy: Yuria Haga(Mari/Mio)
Favorite Actor?: Shouma Yamamoto
Favorite Band: JAM Project
Alignment: Lawful Good
My boom: Tokusatsu!!
Quote: Ultimate Ryukendo! Raijin!

Post by Akari »

It was a meh episode. I wasnt disinterested like Wizard got me but it just had so many grating elements. The scientist was over the top times ten. The side characters overbearing. It sounds like Im trashing it completely but I see some something thats convincing me to keep watching. I like the premise of the Rider and the design. Not Tenkuuji or whatever his name is.

Thanks to guile_bio for his help with the sig and gif
Fat D
Wanted Pirate
Wanted Pirate
Favorite series: Gokaiger
2nd Favorite Series: Kiva
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
Type: INTP Architect

Post by Fat D »

Phoenix512 wrote:I feel like the OP doesn't really match with this series. It's too happy go lucky especially when you got a guy who's going to die within three months.
Personally, I think it fits with the way the story is told. The drama in this story is basically a comedy centered around something that would be quite dark otherwise. And I like it. This might become the one toku show where the drama is the largest portion of appeal for me. Not too fond of the suit designs nor the personified powers (I wish the hoodies were more like Imagin and the Eyekons showed some sentience like they did in the promo) and the action portions are standard Toku fare, but the story about the daily problems of a ghost is fun.
Vashiev20
http://www.kingdomofloathing.com
http://www.kingdomofloathing.com
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Drive
2nd Favorite Series: Gokaiger
Dreamy: DekaYellow
Favorite Band: One ok rock
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
Quote: Dont touch my taco, Im gonna touch your taco
Type: INTJ Mastermind

Post by Vashiev20 »

I like this episode a lot better than last week, but i think thats because most of the premise set up is out of the way. The side characters seem more fitting and helpful now. I loved seeing his initial hoodie soul dancing around him. All in all it was a pretty good episode. I loved Senin being a troll to the monk, a useful troll, but a troll nonetheless. Its sad that japan is better at American history than Americans but at least someone is getting it right. Im looking forward to seeing the other eyecons and who they are for.

Next weeks preview
Spoiler
next week is Kamen Rider Green Arrow. Im funny i don't care what you say lol

Return to “Kamen Rider Ghost”