Ninninger 34 sanjou!

Nin nin de gozaru!
Forum rules

Wiki Link

< Toqger | Ninninger | Jyuohger >

Current Spoiler Policy: Rumors and basic info about upcoming show okay. Further plot development like extra rangers not okay.

Rating

Poll ended at Sun Nov 01, 2015 1:20 am

☆☆☆☆☆
14%
☆☆☆☆
29%
☆☆☆
43%
☆☆
7%
7%

Total votes: 14
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Ninninger 34 sanjou!

Post by takenoko »

<Previous Ep
Wiki Article
Next Ep>

Last week's rating: 4.25 / 5
Last week it went up. Not many votes though. Please take a quick moment to vote please!

Oh neat, this is the episode that Yoshi's cameo is in:
http://yoshistunts.tumblr.com/post/1309 ... -i-will-be

I think I liked Jiraiya's cameo better than the NinjaRed/HurricaneRed one, since it's more of a passing of the generations sort of story. It also made me wish now that those previous cameos had been separate episodes to give them more of a character driven story like this one.

Otherwise, just kind of okay overall? I'm not a fan of old stuff, so the value in nostalgia is lower for me. But I did like Jiraiya putting his armor pieces on and having his sweet sword. (Although I kind of got mad at the show when he handed his sword to Takaharu, because I get mad whenever Takaharu gets anything good)

I did like the ninja committee's parody on bureaucracy. Because fuck bureaucracy, I'm not a fan.

Next week's episode looks pretty good. This was totally foreshadowed and someone previously called this out, which was an amazing observation.

An okay 3 / 5. The greatest tragedy of this episode is that they didn't give Yoshi a bigger role or put him in an ep all for himself.
DaVinci030
Space Empire Zangyack
Space Empire Zangyack
Favorite series: 牙狼<GARO>
Alignment: Neutral Good
Instagram: DaVinci030

Re: Ninninger 34 sanjou!

Post by DaVinci030 »

Well... I'm not a fan of any Metal Heroes.

But I liked the Jiraiya OP theme song. Oh. For those who watched Jiraiya OP from YouTube or DVD, you'll notice they made reenactment scenes (I can say when "Jiraiya starts attacking Ninninger").

For me, it's fine to have Yoshi made a cameo appearance. Rated 4 for me.
Spoiler
Will Kinji join Kyuuemon's side? Will he become a Youkai like them? Chouzetsu Yellow?!

PHurricane
The Eyes in the Skies
The Eyes in the Skies
Favorite series: W/Den-O
2nd Favorite Series: Gokaiger

Post by PHurricane »

Neat! I knew Yoshi had posted pictures with the Ninninger cast (as well as other sentai alumni) but I didn’t realize he was going to have a cameo in an episode. Even without that advanced warning, I spotted him right away, especially since they gave him an exchange in English with the Blue guy on the team. Very cool. Never met the guy, but it’s nice to see someone who has such passion for the franchise get to experience something special like that.

You know, they have to pull the most ridiculous plot twists to get the competent fighters out of the way to prevent the Youkai from being defeated right away.

Wow, Chouzetsu was fixed awfully fast. How long was it broken, only 2 weeks?

I try not to read much into things but this episode had a surprisingly political tone, what with all the dialogue about the older generation burdening the younger and the ridiculous rules meant to improve the public perception of ninjas while hurting the ninjas’ ability to function.

I caught that Kinji’s eyes glowed purple after Kyuuemon’s houglass-spell in the werewolf episode, but we haven’t had any hints about that being a problem since then. I’m intrigued about what next week may bring.
xiiliea
Humongous
Favorite series: Ultraman Nexus
2nd Favorite Series: Ultraman Gaia
Favorite Actor?: Fujita Ray
Alignment: Neutral Good

Post by xiiliea »

Wut... so Jiraiya was a ninja who plundered treasures and killed any other ninjas that got in his way?
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

That reminds me, isn't the word jirai the Japanese word for land mine?
Jirai 地雷 【じらい】 (n) land mine, (P)

So it seems kind of odd to name a hero Jiraiya like that. Although the actual kanji in his name means Magnetic Thunder Arrow (磁雷矢).
VerusMaya II
Humongous
Favorite series: Ultraman Mebius, Lupinranger vs Patranger, Kamen Rider Build
2nd Favorite Series: Gokaiger, Ryukendo
Dreamy: Q
Favorite Band: Calexico
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: FFXIV
Quote: veridis quo
Type: INFP Healer

Post by VerusMaya II »

Yoshi should've been fighting the cannon fodder before Yakkun came over to let him escape. Greatest missed opportunity of the episode. :(
we are here to take the blame; to take the taunts and live the shame
we are here to make you feel; it terrifies you, but it's real
Go-On Macaroni
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top

Post by Go-On Macaroni »

xiiliea wrote:Wut... so Jiraiya was a ninja who plundered treasures and killed any other ninjas that got in his way?
:lol: It's.. a little more than that.
The macguffin of the series was this treasure named "Pako" and Toha/Jiraiya's family was charged with protecting it from this evil group called the "Sorceror's Clan" led by Dokusai*. There was also a 3rd group called "World Ninjas" who wanted Pako for themselves too.

* http://i.imgur.com/OkywEVm.jpg Dokusai's the dude on the top-left.
You can also spot Machiko Soga at the bottom-left.
DaVinci030 wrote:Oh. For those who watched Jiraiya OP, you'll notice they made reenactment scenes (I can say when "Jiraiya starts attacking Ninninger").
There were two.
When Jiraiya started fighting, they reenacted the freeze-frame shots of him jumping down.

Another one was when he jumped through the window and the office ladies saw him.
http://i.imgur.com/TYBOvmJ.jpg , http://i.imgur.com/kxogrt8.jpg
Akari
Kamen Knight
Favorite series: KR Faiz/Ryukendo
2nd Favorite Series: GARO
Dreamy: Yuria Haga(Mari/Mio)
Favorite Actor?: Shouma Yamamoto
Favorite Band: JAM Project
Alignment: Lawful Good
My boom: Tokusatsu!!
Quote: Ultimate Ryukendo! Raijin!

Post by Akari »

Gosh. Yoshi has an interesting accent for a tourist. Yakumo probably failed his European magic classes. Hogwarts material he is not. I mean I could barely understand his two words. Yoshi was better. Give him the Shuriken ...Yak-kun. Wasshoi..Dino Ninnger

Thanks to guile_bio for his help with the sig and gif
mholden020
Gabu
Favorite series: Garo
Favorite Band: Avenged Sevenfold
Quote: "Never think that success is down to your own performance alone. If you start listening only to yourself you take the first step back towards the bottom. The flowers of victory belong in many vases."
-Michael Schumacher
Type: INFJ Counselor

Post by mholden020 »

Ugh...I just never got into this episode. I think I liked Jiraya better than the Ninningers in this one and was much more interested in the next episode preview than the actual episode. Interesting stuff to come in the next few episodes, that's for sure!
Completed Series:
-Kamen Rider: Agito, Ryuki, 555, Blade, Hibiki, Kabuto, Den-O, Kiva, Decade, W, Fourze, OOO, Wizard, Gaim, Drive
-Sentai: Jetman, Dairanger, Deka --> Zyuohger
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Post by Lunagel »

I never saw Jiraya so this episode kinda fell flat for me, and it probably did for a lot of kids as well. Adults who saw the show probably liked it more.

Subtle social commentary punch!
Connie_Edogawa
Juu Mousou!!!!!
Juu Mousou!!!!!
Favorite series: Go-Busters and Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger and Ryuki
Dreamy: Hinata Hyuga
Favorite Actor?: Mizuki Nana
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Touhou Project
Quote: "Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away from them and you have their shoes." -Jack Handy

Post by Connie_Edogawa »

takenoko wrote:Next week's episode looks pretty good. This was totally foreshadowed and someone previously called this out, which was an amazing observation.
haven't had a chance to watch yet, but I have a sneaking suspicion. was this observation:

possible preview spoiler:
Spoiler
me mentioning Kinji's eyes glowing in the episode where he went Chouzetsu?
Cthulhu
Infinity
Alignment: Chaotic Evil
Quote: Go over time and space

Post by Cthulhu »

The fells man , the fells .

Jiraya was the one of the first tokusatsu to air in brazil , and together with Kamen Rider Black and Changeman was the first heroes i had so this episode means a lot to me and it's nice to see he passing the torch n style. :mrgreen:

Also did anyone else got the Gurren Laggan reference in the next episode preview ?? :lol:
eijiman
IXA

Post by eijiman »

Cthulhu wrote:
Also did anyone else got the Gurren Laggan reference in the next episode preview ?? :lol:
hahaha, yeah, i was wondering if he actually said that. and by the way, who was it? it sounded to me somehow like Nagi.

By the way, next episode looks great. i hope things change for the best.

By the way speaking of old series, does anyone know where can i see some old series subs, like Jetman, Showa Kamen riders etc.
and does anyone has an image of Star ninnger shooting his guitar (specially gif), I want it to make a meme.
Galada
Go Go!

Post by Galada »

It is sad to see people whose childhoods were not touched by the awesomeness of Jiraya. Like I said in the other thread, this series was the shit when I was a kid here in Brazil. I can barely remember it nowadays, but whatever, it was cool! So the nostalgia kinda blinded me with this. Overall it was okay and... WHATEVER, FIVE STARS, TEN STARS, ALL THE STARS!

I even added a reference from Jiraya's opening, when he's sliding at the floor, in the trivia part of the wiki, btw!
zigmenthotep
Adventure
Alignment: Lawful Neutral
Type: INTJ Mastermind

Post by zigmenthotep »

Not the Jiraiya I really want to see on Ninninger*, but I'm still quite pleased.

*although having Kane Kosugi around would probably make it a bit obvious that certain characters don't speak English very well.

Return to “Shuriken Sentai Ninninger”