Ratings Poll: Shuriken Sentai Ninninger

Nin nin de gozaru!
Forum rules

Wiki Link

< Toqger | Ninninger | Jyuohger >

Current Spoiler Policy: Rumors and basic info about upcoming show okay. Further plot development like extra rangers not okay.

How are you finding Ninninger?

***** It's on fire!!!
5%
**** It's hot!
15%
*** It's easy.
23%
** Could be better, pardner
35%
* You wish you could set it on fire, literally!
22%

Total votes: 131
Kogashi
Yggdrasill Dog
Yggdrasill Dog
Favorite series: Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Shinkenger
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: OK KO Let's Be Heroes
Quote: Man should not live on carbohydrates alone, complex or otherwise.
Type: ENFJ Teacher

Re: Ratings Poll: Shuriken Sentai Ninninger

Post by Kogashi »

Not that it's related to Ninninger but still I will bring this up... A lot of guys, somehow, are baffled that in Japanese shows, the guy who does not actively go after girls or hit on girls or act like how said guy thinks a 'normal' guy acts, ends up getting a lot of girl's attention. You hear this complaint a lot from people who watch Harem animes. "Man why does this guy have women crawling all over him he doesn't even try to bang any of them' and so on.
READING TOO MUCH INTO THINGS![/size] including random over analysis rants on pop culture, and Tokusatsu series reviews, if Toei gets off my back for long enough. Also follow on twitter @R2TMIT, or facebook.com/R2TMIT
Weather
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite Actor?: Tomoyuki Dan
Alignment: Chaotic Evil

Post by Weather »

Spoiler
Well he might have, but ht estuff with KyoryuPink was still handed pretty subtely, and with Violet, it was late in the series and not that much and movie is a movie.

Somehow that shit didn't stopped them before from making good show, and still the problem with thsi show isn't jsut the attention on red, as there is a ton of different problems. But nevertheless, those guys aren't that money hungry i hope, plus liek i said before, Takaharu is the worst characters on the show, so kids might actually get sick of seeing him all the time (i hope). Lets have more hope in these guys, i mean, was there a sentai serie sbefore, on such a low level as NinNingers? Well, arguebly, there was quite a lots of problems with TQG at beginning, but we will getting good stuff, and quite a lot fo that i might add, Kyoryuger was overall fun and inventive in more than few places, it's bound to happen to everyone, to create not something good, so lets just take it as that type of thing, rathen then assuming that they don't care. ust more faith in them.
midorininger
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Shinkenger
2nd Favorite Series: Dekaranger
My boom: Transformers

Post by midorininger »

i guess maybe i am alone in thinking that momninger and shironinger are likely the best female sentai costumes? i mean, the thigh high boots were a nice touch.

EDIT: im kinda liking rodeomaru and bisonmaru. the idea of a mech riding a quad into battle really tickles me. in fact im liking how fun the show is.
wisdomcat
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Post by wisdomcat »

I'm changing my vote to a 2. I'm not liking the show so far but I hope it can be better. There's still not enough character development for the team and I hate it to be honest.
Ultravinc
Gao

Post by Ultravinc »

For the first time in years I decided to stop watching the super sentai. I have only seen 3 episodes but... I did not enjoy it, nearly boring compared to the previous sentai.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

Average: 2.98 out of 5 with 48 votes
Bunkyo
Sentai Senshi
2nd Favorite Series: Makai no Hana
Dreamy: Mayuri
Favorite Band: Morning Musume

Post by Bunkyo »

Overall, I give it a 2. If there were decimals, it'd be 2.75. There's still potential, so I'm sticking with it. For now.

Yeas:
It's still sentai, as majorly flawed as this season is.
Two main female members. I may be subconciously biased, but seasons with only one main female member tend to be the ones I like least.
Mecha combinations and the throne-like thing in the cockpit.

Nays:
Yet another ninja sentai
Takaharu
Toqger was childish, but that was a good thing for obvious reasons. Ninninger is so childish it stooped down to infantile toilet humor at one point in episode 19.

Lastly, I would like to see someone other than Takaharu use the power-up they'll eventually get. My biggest gripe about Kyoryuger was that Kyouryuured was the only one who got to use the Carnival power-up.
Weather
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite Actor?: Tomoyuki Dan
Alignment: Chaotic Evil

Post by Weather »

This won't happen with this powerup, Changer is all Red, new mecha is all Red, powerup changes drastically the suit, oh and also, Old man wants to go wild, and only Takaharu can go wild, so we have to stick with this bs and hope that they will do all team powerup in next series, im sick of 1 person per use power up.
Knight of L-sama
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider W
Dreamy: Luka Millfy
Alignment: Chaotic Good
Quote: It is a place that dwells in the memory of those who still dream of its ancient glory. A world revered for its beauty, mystery and danger. On a planet of endless adventure such a land is known as El-Hazard. If your spirit has wings to travel, even across the breadth of a thousand, million night, imagination will guide the way and the gates of El-Hazard will always be open to you.
Type: INTJ Mastermind

Post by Knight of L-sama »

Banjo wrote:I guess I'm in the minority but Takaharu appeals to my inner child. He's a loveable idiot. Maybe I love to shout "Moeta KITAAA" too. So what!
Because he's doing it badly. I've commented on this before but Takaharu is supposed to sound pumped up and enthusiastic when doing so, but he just sounds loud. Volume and enthusiasm aren't the same thing. Some of this can be attributed to a failure on the part of the actor but at least some of this has to rest on the writers and directors as well for not trying to adjust to the actor's limited range.

I'm giving this a tentative two as we head for the halfway point. Kinji's got some interesting stuff going on, Kasmui is a fun character and should be featured more and the villains have a plot going on amongst them. Any or all of these could be used to give the series some oomph in the second half. Heck, there's even a little hint that there's a little more going on with Takaharu. Used right it might be enough to salvage the series.

Sadly with such a... poor showing in the first half it's never going to rise above a three or a four (depending exactly on how it turns out). However if it doesn't capitalise on the latent potential still there, it's going to slide down into a one.
Welcome to the Sea of Chaos!
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Post by Lunagel »

It also seems like they've given him ANOTHER catchphrase because two annoying catchphrases weren't enough.

Okay, I didn't complain about it when Daigo in Kyouryuuger had lots of catchphrases, but he had some damn charisma and acting talents.
CaptainTalon449
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider OOO
Quote: "This is our stage" -Kazuraba Kouta
Type: ENFJ Teacher

Post by CaptainTalon449 »

I'm going to give this a 1. Honestly Nininnger is the Wizard of Sentai. A lot of potential in its premise but none of it NONE OF IT was executed in a way that works. Add to the fact that episodes are written in such a way where even if you have some interesting things for the other members they are severely undercut by the fact that Takaharu jumps in and completely destroys that development
mantis
Go Go!
Favorite series: Ultraseven
2nd Favorite Series: Sailor Moon
Dreamy: Gosei Blue
Favorite Actor?: Ito Hideaki
Favorite Band: None right now

Post by mantis »

Has the red ranger stopped screaming yet? I stopped watching because it was really grating on the ears.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault

Post by takenoko »

It's a little better now, but it's honestly still a bit mediocre. Although, it's pretty fun when the episode doesn't focus on Takaharu.
OOOKaiser
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by OOOKaiser »

since the show is almost over what do you guys think of the show now?
Go-On Macaroni
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top
Type: INFP Healer

Post by Go-On Macaroni »

CaptainTalon449 wrote:they are severely undercut by the fact that Takaharu jumps in and completely destroys that development
Takaharu being Red had nothing to do with stuff like Kinji being a youkai getting resolved in the *very next* episode, though.

Which like, I want to be lenient since it was his first full show but, I do think that's one of my biggest issues with Kento Shimoyama's work on here. The guy has clearly never heard of a "story arc", or "building tension" or "dramatic suspense" or any of that junk; anything that happens has to be cleared away in the next (or sometimes, in the very same) episode making nothing worthwhile last long enough to be well, worth anything.
And I know producer Takebe likely isn't helping either okaying every cameo and toy Bandai poops out but man, Shimoyamama, you have to pull your share too.

Return to “Shuriken Sentai Ninninger”