Ninninger 45 sanjou!

Nin nin de gozaru!
Forum rules

Wiki Link

< Toqger | Ninninger | Jyuohger >

Current Spoiler Policy: Rumors and basic info about upcoming show okay. Further plot development like extra rangers not okay.

Ratings

Poll ended at Sat Feb 06, 2016 9:53 pm

☆☆☆☆☆
40%
☆☆☆☆
45%
☆☆☆
10%
☆☆
5%
No votes

Total votes: 20
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Ninninger 45 sanjou!

Post by takenoko »

<Previous Ep
Wiki Article
Next Ep>

Last week's rating: 3.7 / 5 (10 votes)
Small rise in ratings last week.

You know what, I liked this episode too. The story beats weren't anything shocking or amazing (the preview from last week pretty much told me everything that was going to happen) but the fight scenes were really well done. Great choreography with the fight between Kyuuemon and the Ninningers. And the CGI for the grandpa vs Gengetsu fight felt suitably immense.
PHurricane
The Eyes in the Skies
The Eyes in the Skies
Favorite series: W/Den-O
2nd Favorite Series: Gokaiger

Re: Ninninger 45 sanjou!

Post by PHurricane »

I was into this episode more than anything else since the RPG episode. It felt like there was an actual payoff to the Ninningers doing things differently all this time, thanks to their decision to forge a new legacy, that was more than merely refusing to kill their grandfather. Kinji spending so much time working with/against Kyuuemon also paid off since he had more insight into his way of thinking than any of the others.

And I didn’t think about it until the Dad was about to take it back, but I guess Kyuuemon stealing his Nintality when they were students was supposed to foreshadow the way the title of Last Ninja had to be taken from the previous generation.

Loved the reverse roll call at the end.
Zychotic
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Gokaiger
2nd Favorite Series: Gaim
Favorite Actor?: Inoue Masahiro
Type: ISTJ Inspector

Post by Zychotic »

This in my opinion is probably the best Ninninger episode. The show was weak for a while but I think it's finishing off strong.

Tsumuji regaining his nintality was a nice touch. I suspected this early on and hoped that if he did regain it that he would then become a ranger.

The Last Ninja/Gengetsu fight was well done. It's nice to see that even though the Last Ninja is old, he is still quite powerful and can fight well.

I feel like Gengetsu is not insanely overpowered like previous final villains were (like in Shinkenger, Kyoryuger). A.k.a when the final villain was revived, the sentai pretty much stood no chance until the end. However it makes more sense that the villain and sentai should be on par giving both have been training and preparing for just as long. Hence why the Last Ninja/Gengetsu fight seemed pretty even.

3 Akaningers...I think that's pretty cool. It's a unique concept. I originally thought that maybe Tsumuji and Last Ninja would become rangers, but probably as Green and Black.

Finally, I assume Tsumuji found the Finishing Shuriken in the house. I thought it might be extra Akaninger shurikens but that went away at the end.
ViRGE
Save the life

Post by ViRGE »

I wasn't over the moon with this episode, but it's hard not to like the final episodes of a season as all of the plot threads come together. It does not (and cannot) justify the dreck that is most of the season, however now that we're at the end we are getting some good episodes.

I tend to agree with takenoko that the stronger aspect was the action than the story. The action was a step above the usual: they had a little bit of wire work in there, and they used some wider shots with longer cuts that require better fight choreography. The Last Ninja battle wasn't quite as impressive since so much CGI was used to highlight that Troll-Grandpa and Kibaoni are big bruisers, but it did its job.

As for the story, I get the theme. However Kyuuemon said exactly what I was thinking at one point: just because you wish for something doesn't make it happen, reality does not work that way. So there's a bit of rear-end pull here in the Ninningers suddenly winning, but that's hardly the first time a Sentai series has done that. It may very well all be worth it since we finally got to see Nerd-Dad get his groove back.
Last edited by ViRGE on Thu Jan 28, 2016 2:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

Alt series title: How Nerd-Dad Got his Groove Back
ViRGE
Save the life

Post by ViRGE »

takenoko wrote:Alt series title: How Nerd-Dad Got his Groove Back
I was going to go with mojo/Austin Powers, but it's so much more fun going with obscure 90s rom-coms. :lol:
msf232
Faiz
Dreamy: 민지여신
Favorite Band: Dreamcatcher
My boom: Nothing definite, changes from time to time
Type: ISTP Crafter

Post by msf232 »

The subs look like they're out of sync, especially the episode title, the end karaoke and the signs at the movie preview.
Finished:
Dairanger, Shinkenger, Kyoryuger–キングオージャー
Kuuga–Geats
Nexus, R/B
Ryukendo, Rescue Force
スパイダーマン
CH THE LIVE
Akibaranger, Akiba S痛
Wakusaver S2, Jyuukaizar
CPH GandD
Mandalori
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Dreamy: Koyomi / Rian
Quote: Lost in Thoughts All Alone

Favorite Super Sentai : Goseiger / Kyoryuuger / ToQger / Kyuuranger
Favorite Kamen Rider : Wizard / Gaim / Ex-Aid / Build / Zero-One
Favorite Garo : Yami Wo Terasu Mono / Gold Storm Shou / Kami No Kiba

Post by Mandalori »

Which version? I didn't saw any problem on the SD version when I watched it.
msf232
Faiz

Post by msf232 »

It is the SD, the sub comes before the audio.
Finished:
Kuuga–Geats
Nexus, R/B
Ryukendo, Rescue Force
スパイダーマン
CH THE LIVE
Akibaranger, Akiba S痛
Wakusaver S2, Jyuukaizar
CPH GandD
DaVinci030
Space Empire Zangyack
Space Empire Zangyack
Favorite series: 牙狼<GARO>
Alignment: Neutral Good
Instagram: DaVinci030

Post by DaVinci030 »

Both versions have the video and subtitles out of sync because it has few repeated frames after the splash screen (at the beginning), plus the audio includes Jyuohger promo at the end.

We'll release the V2 soon to fix the 'out of sync' problem.

msf232
Faiz

Post by msf232 »

So that's why I thought my version is faulted because of the Zyuoh promo audio with no pictures.
And also, you have transliterated all the kanji on the shurikens till now, right? Then why is here 'Star' and 'Grandpa' instead of 'Hoshi' and 'Jii (or whatever it is)'?
Finished:
Kuuga–Geats
Nexus, R/B
Ryukendo, Rescue Force
スパイダーマン
CH THE LIVE
Akibaranger, Akiba S痛
Wakusaver S2, Jyuukaizar
CPH GandD
mholden020
Gabu
Favorite series: Garo
Favorite Band: Avenged Sevenfold
Quote: "Never think that success is down to your own performance alone. If you start listening only to yourself you take the first step back towards the bottom. The flowers of victory belong in many vases."
-Michael Schumacher
Type: INFJ Counselor

Post by mholden020 »

I don't know how I really feel about this episode. By no means is it terrible, but it seems like it's trying to wrap up a grand story that isn't there. We have only two episodes left (right?), there should be some big tension and major battle on the horizon, but there just isn't. They ROFLStomped Kyuuemon, he lost his edge, and I'm guessing he's a spectator now. Gabi's back, but we already know that just one Ninja can deal with him. The only big thing is Gengetsu and his Tier 27 shoulder pauldrons, and we literally have next to nothing to support why he sucks. The show built up Kyuuemon as the major final boss, so unless something happens to make him the big power again, there's nothing invested in the fight with Gengetsu. Toqger had a rather short final arc as well with the Dark Ichigo, but there was so many call backs to the middle of the season that made that stuff valid to the rest of the story.

I honestly don't see how they're going to tidy all this up and made it memorable in just two episodes. Even if the twist we talked about last week happens where Tsumuji is the real Last Ninja, it's going to ruin what little pacing the show had going for it. That twist is something that needs an entire episode, and if it were to take up one of the two, the other show would be absolutely crammed full of stuff to the point where it may just get lost. That said, and despite still thinking that Tsumuji may actually be the Last Ninja, I'm really hoping he isn't. It's too late in the series, I think this episode would have been the one to unveil that, and I just think they've completely missed the opportunities to save it and make this a good series.
Completed Series:
-Kamen Rider: Agito, Ryuki, 555, Blade, Hibiki, Kabuto, Den-O, Kiva, Decade, W, Fourze, OOO, Wizard, Gaim, Drive
-Sentai: Jetman, Dairanger, Deka --> Zyuohger
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

msf232 wrote:So that's why I thought my version is faulted because of the Zyuoh promo audio with no pictures.
And also, you have transliterated all the kanji on the shurikens till now, right? Then why is here 'Star' and 'Grandpa' instead of 'Hoshi' and 'Jii (or whatever it is)'?
Because he's Starninger not Hoshininger. If we wrote Hoshi and Jii, no one would know what that meant.
midorininger
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Shinkenger
2nd Favorite Series: Dekaranger
My boom: Transformers

Post by midorininger »

perhaps the reason ninninger has been weak is because mr "boundless sun" wasnt a proper mentor figure for the team. he didnt guide them very much, and left them to figure things out on their own, which was indeed part of the plot. BUT with mentors such as doggy krugar, master shafu, master kaku, etc; they all lifted up their teams and psuhed them to grow. its kind of accurate that grandpa didnt believe in them. so he didnt aid them. the fact he killed off the previous Last Ninja proves his character has a heartless side.
At the same time though, doesnt blazing ones own trail and breaking the mold not always go well? i think perhaps thats what they were going for? misguided struggling to make their name and find their own path.

Tsumuji and grandpa being Akaningers isnt so farfetched! remember the shinkengers passed their powers down with each generation's clan's head's. so Chiaki's father was a shinkengreen at 1 point despite him being a negligent father.

omg that fight between gramps and gengetsu!

and i waited the whole episode for that roll call .... next week better be nothing but awesomesauce!
Sinkuu
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Quote: Let's make it Showy!

Post by Sinkuu »

mholden020 wrote: Gengetsu and his Tier 27 shoulder pauldrons

SO glad I wasn't drinking when I read that.... LMFAO

Return to “Shuriken Sentai Ninninger”