Jyuohger 03 released

Furry Force https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h1Dyqas6Sm8
Forum rules

Doubutsu Sentai Jyuohger Wiki Link

< Ninninger | Jyuohger | KyuuRanger >

Spoiler rules: No posting information about unreleased stuff. Preview and movie promo discussion must be in marked spoiler tags.

Rating

Poll ended at Sat Mar 12, 2016 6:29 pm

☆☆☆☆☆
63%
☆☆☆☆
37%
☆☆☆
No votes
☆☆
No votes
No votes

Total votes: 27
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Jyuohger 03 released

Post by takenoko »

< Previous ep
Wiki Article
Next Ep >

Last week's rating: 4.55 / 5 (31 votes)

Amu's cute, but surprisingly practical. I guess that's the important thing about staying positive, you still need to be realistic.

Huh, did they change the narrator for the Sentai live show ads? This one seems oddly coercive.

I wonder what some of the future attachments are going to be.

Well, if you've ever wondered if the villains were killing people before, it's pretty clear now.
PHurricane
The Eyes in the Skies
The Eyes in the Skies
Favorite series: W/Den-O
2nd Favorite Series: Gokaiger

Re: Jyuohger 03 released

Post by PHurricane »

The music in this episode is top notch. I can’t wait for the first soundtrack and mini-album to be released.

On one hand, Yamato being frustrated with Amu blowing off the search is completely understandable. But she has a point too - wandering around day after day was very unlikely to result in successfully finding the missing cube. “Surprisingly practical” was exactly how I would have described her, not just about their chances of quickly getting back home, but like how she pointed out that the cubes have a phone feature to alert the others of an attack.

It’s hard to avoid spoilers these days, so I already knew Kirin existed. Even so, I still managed to be surprised when that’s what the little cube they found on their search turned out to be. The way it fought, half-collapsing back into cube form to dodge attacks, was very cool. I guess the main cubes use English for the names but the mini cube(s) use Japanese?

Tusk’s actor was really stiff this week. I started having unfortunate flashbacks to Yakumo. I’m fine with him being quiet, serious, and/or standoffish, but hopefully his acting loosens up.

I still love that rainbow claw attack.
xiiliea
Humongous
Favorite series: Ultraman Nexus
2nd Favorite Series: Ultraman Gaia
Favorite Actor?: Fujita Ray
Alignment: Neutral Good

Post by xiiliea »

Seems kinda gory to have vehicles bursting into flames, for a modern Toei show. Ty Toei now I have visions of people inside that burning bus.
Zychotic
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Gokaiger
2nd Favorite Series: Gaim
Favorite Actor?: Inoue Masahiro
Type: ISTJ Inspector

Post by Zychotic »

Yay it's the "Let's introduce a new auxiliary mecha as soon as possible so we can sell more toys" episode. I wish Toei didn't do that because then they could focus the story more on the characters and their relationship to their main mecha (I forgot all about ShurikenJin halfway through Ninninger because it became neglected). That's my only annoyance which is just a general Tokusatsu thing (Ghost has toooooo many forms now).

Amu is super cute as expected. I was thinking during this episode that Pink still would have worked for her. I feel like she's more of a 2nd in command than the others for one main reason. She's logical in thinking as well as a realist. It may seem depressing that she's accepted how hard it is to go back home, but because of that, she realises that she shouldn't miss out on having some fun. In comparison, Sela and Leo seem more like the brawn type and Tusk doesn't like people so Amu suits that role better.

Yamato's eagle vision is cool. Maybe he's a descendent of Ezio Auditore.

I like the personality that Yamato/Red brings across. He realises the others are completely new to this world, so he's trying his best to make them feel at home, basically he's trying to be the best host he can be which is showing some very good personality traits. As opposed to the most recent Red who cared about fighting and being better than the rest of the team.
XenWrider
I am the new #2
I am the new #2
Favorite series: Fourze
2nd Favorite Series: Gaim

Post by XenWrider »

Zychotic wrote:Yay it's the "Let's introduce a new auxiliary mecha as soon as possible so we can sell more toys" episode. I wish Toei didn't do that because then they could focus the story more on the characters and their relationship to their main mecha (I forgot all about ShurikenJin halfway through Ninninger because it became neglected). That's my only annoyance which is just a general Tokusatsu thing (Ghost has toooooo many forms now).
Spoiler
Well with the toy leaks, surprisingly there isnt a lot of auxiliary stuff, but another main mecha and atleast kirin is involve with that form not like ninninger where they just one and done and was just a chest and hat.

A good character episode for Amu and learning more about Yamato with his awakening more animal like powers.

The cellphone bit between Amu and Leo was pretty funny, with them realising what the JyuohChanger can do.

Mech fight was surprisingly well done with the whole foot swapping

Some really good Leo Stunts and choreography this episode.

The Monster of the Week stuff with the Death Game is getting pretty brutal...with drivers being shot at and explode...like this is some high death count for a kids show, even by kamen rider standard.
Yamato...Your Heart was in the right place asking the bus driver to go faster to outrun the Monster to save the people in the bus, but sucks for the person who was driving behind them.

Was there anything special about the couple who had the kirin cube? because they felt like guest stars. Like here is some magic cube found in another country and now its in Japan.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

I looked up the guest stars and it seemed like they were nobodies as far as I knew.
Virgo Angel
Adventure
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Kabuto
2nd Favorite Series: Ninja Sentai Kakuran
Dreamy: Gentarou Kisaragi
Favorite Actor?: Sota Fukushi
My boom: Junya Ikeda

Post by Virgo Angel »

I loved it!!!!!
I like how amu is you know super positive, but she also knows how to be realistic.

About the zord i loved it it was cute and from the looks of it we won't be getting a new zord a week so it'll kinda be like how gaoranger was at first where we just had a few to begin wiht then it kinda got out of hand, but it started off good.

I love the rainbow claw attack it's super cool.

I don't think the others will be getting individual weapons which is kinda disappointing, but i guess reds weapon makes up for it .

I like how they are dealing wiht the red so far this year, like he's involved, but not the entire focus so i'm hopeful for this season.
Rifaz
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Post by Rifaz »

An Amu focused episode, she's lovely.

And Girrafe cannon... well, is aux mecha usually this early?
"There was a ticking time bomb strapped to her chest... That's why she has a dynamite body!!" - Amakusa Shino
TokuCasual
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Post by TokuCasual »

Another fun episode. It's funny, serious, exciting all together. Yamato lost so much on that first date. But then, those drivers had it even worse. The Blood Game is living up to its name. These guys are straight up galactic nut. This is good though, when you're rooting for the heroes in a hero show, something is done right.

Yamato eagle eyes awaken adds another interesting bit to the story. And right off the bat it's very useful. Amu is awesome. So far, the team are all awesome.

Good show. 5/5
midorininger
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Shinkenger
2nd Favorite Series: Dekaranger
My boom: Transformers

Post by midorininger »

im glad they didnt treat the eagle vision like the sharigan/byakugan.

kirin ... in why not giraffe? but i guess its just the same. i liked it was an Amu AND Yamato episode. but then again that could be a bad thing too....
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

Maybe they thought giraffe would be too hard for Japanese kids to say?
mholden020
Gabu
Favorite series: Garo
Favorite Band: Avenged Sevenfold
Quote: "Never think that success is down to your own performance alone. If you start listening only to yourself you take the first step back towards the bottom. The flowers of victory belong in many vases."
-Michael Schumacher
Type: INFJ Counselor

Post by mholden020 »

What is the deal with characters ending every single sentence with "de [something]" or "desu"? I'm starting to grasp the meaning of this stuff, but there always seems to be one character per season that does something like this. This MOTW had "de guns", that one villain from Go-Onger used "de aru", and there was a character in one of the Kamen Rider series (W, I think) that ended everything with a drawn-out and nasal "desuuuuuuu". They do it so much that it gets annoying!

Anyway, still digging this series. I'm wary of fully committing with "I like this series", still recovering from Ninninger.

I'm going to have to break down and figure out what is on what face of the cube. Either the top 1/3 isn't in the same order as the bottom 2/3, or these things somehow rotate themselves when they're not being used. They showed Yamato aligning the "gattai" side, they formed 1-2-3, then he pulls it out again and rotates it to complete the same side for 1-4-5.

Bitchy girlfriend is bitchy. She could have said "Fuck your cube bro!" and had the same effect.

Instant thought when Giraffe Cube arrived:
Completed Series:
-Kamen Rider: Agito, Ryuki, 555, Blade, Hibiki, Kabuto, Den-O, Kiva, Decade, W, Fourze, OOO, Wizard, Gaim, Drive
-Sentai: Jetman, Dairanger, Deka --> Zyuohger
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Post by Lunagel »

mholden020 wrote:What is the deal with characters ending every single sentence with "de [something]" or "desu"? I'm starting to grasp the meaning of this stuff, but there always seems to be one character per season that does something like this. This MOTW had "de guns", that one villain from Go-Onger used "de aru", and there was a character in one of the Kamen Rider series (W, I think) that ended everything with a drawn-out and nasal "desuuuuuuu". They do it so much that it gets annoying
Welcome to the world of Japanese anime/children's dramas were people have stuff tacked onto the end of their sentences to make them sound unique and interesting. Could be worse, could be a cat character who says nyan every single sentence.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

Yeah, annoying character ticks are annoying. Like Luna said, it's probably more likely to happen in kid's shows because it's an easy writer trick to make the MOTW "unique".

For Go-Onger, did you mean Kegareshia's ojaru's? I think that's supposed to be an old nobleman way of talking, so she probably did it to sound more high class than she was. Same thing with "de aru" which is a more archaic way of saying "desu". /me remembers Keroro Gunsou and his "de arimasu".
ViRGE
Save the life

Post by ViRGE »

At the start of the series I figured Amu would be the typical bubbly airhead type, so I'm pleased that she's deeper than she first appears. It'll be interesting to see how her personality compares to the others (particular Sela) over the next couple of episodes. Meanwhile, that her first focus episode is a shopping episode at least to me highlights how silly the characters' default outfits are. Considering the Jyumans are more or less supposed to be hiding, Amu's second outfit was a lot less conspicuous than the standard one.

However Minecraft-Oh still fails to impress. It's so damn clunky, and plain.:( And now we're up to aux mechs and it's only the 3rd episode. I really hope the comment that there won't be a lot of those is correct. We don't need another Gaoranger, for any number of reasons. Also, the giraffe cube is totally a Super Mario World yellow exclamation mark block. They had best be giving Nintendo a cut of the profits here.:P

Meanwhile, could someone please just shoot the green lady who supersizes the MOTW? She's standing right there in the open and never moves very quickly.

Side note: I about had a spit-take on the bag the girlfriend was carrying. Trojan as a brand means something a heck of a lot different here.:o
PHurricane wrote:The music in this episode is top notch. I can’t wait for the first soundtrack and mini-album to be released.
The same thought crossed my mind before I even got to the comments. There's a BGM track in the first fight that caught my attention. I'm not sure what to call it exactly, electronic music I guess, that's very different from the standard orchestral or rock BGMs of recent Sentais. I'm sure it's meant to be another nod to video games; I hope they keep it up.

Return to “Doubutsu Sentai Jyuohger”