Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

takenoko's KR Battride War Genesis Stream

Post by takenoko »

Streaming https://www.twitch.tv/takkynoko
Archive on Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=P ... Cj7_Iq2xUZ

I really like customizing the music, so if anyone has any recommendations, let me know!

Edit:
Fail, PS4 blocks streaming of the game.
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Re: takenoko's KR Battride War Genesis Stream

Post by Catastrophe »

Why? Is it a licensing thing with the music?
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them

Post by takenoko »

It looks like the PS4 blocks the streaming of the whole game. I have no idea why. Considering Bandai Namco lets you stream Dark Souls, I have to assume this is something Toei asked for. It's pretty dumb and disappointing.

I eventually got a work around going. Which reminds me, I should probably figure out a way to add chat to the video:
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=P ... Cj7_Iq2xUZ
DekaChief
IXA
Alignment: Lawful Good

Post by DekaChief »

Sadly, the only mode that you can stream and take screenshots using the PS4 is the Time Survival mode.
Spoiler
Peek a boo, Chuck Norris sees you! *roundhouse kick into oblivion*
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

I hadn't even unlocked that yet. Thanks for the clarification dekachief!
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

Balls. Kind of sucks. They are pretty stingy with this kind of shit on youtube as well though so I could have seen it coming.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

/me checks his copyright strikes

Not too bad so far. Kind of thought I'd be hit more considering all the music I'm using.

Oh, some people have asked if this is the premium soundtrack version. It's not that overpriced money suck. You can set a custom play list, which seems to get better with each game. Like for OOO, you can set a song for each of his forms. The only thing that sucks about the PS4 is that you can't put mp3's on the harddrive, so you have to queue it up on a USB thumb stick.
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT

Post by Catastrophe »

That kind of sucks as well.

Have you played around much as Faiz? Is he still the machine of destruction that he was in the last two games?
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

As far as I can tell, all the RIders are exactly the same as in the PS3 version. I was kind of thinking of writing a blog post about how stuff like this acts as a fandom tax (you pay for it, but you might not be entirely clear about the reasons why other than you generally like supporting the thing). I'm pretty sure the mandate from the producers was to do it as "quickly" and "cheaply" as possible.

I'm sure I'm only part of the way through the game, but I can't really say that these games have ever felt good to play. The fighting is alright, but then you get instances of locking onto a boss, entering an input to do a rider kick finisher, then having your character jump over the boss because the programmers were too lazy to animate variable jump distances. You're definitely playing to see the characters you like and to hear their voices and not for the gameplay.

(Even then, didn't the cut scenes have voiced interludes or some minimal animation? I think that I've just seen panels and narration over the top of them this time)
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT

Post by Catastrophe »

They definitely did in the first one. Not sure with the 2nd but I don't think it did (didn't play enough of it).

They main reason I wan't to get this is to play as some new secondaries. Looks like they did some of those lazily as well. Does Gatack even get Hyper for his finisher mode? I can't find many videos anywhere..

The mp3 thing is really annoying me. They should have patched this in by now if the fucking ps3 could do it.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

I mean, it's some give and take. I remember the ps3 version being super slow, whereas it's pretty fast with the ps4. The only issue is that if you have two periods or mp3's in joint stereo format, the ps4 won't recognize it or play it properly.

I think it's confusing that they'll go to the trouble of labeling all the forms, except they'll have one bgm for something called 'the strongest' and another for 'ultimate'. It's like hmmmmm...

In most cases, the strongest will be the final form, and the ultimate will be the final form but glowing gold. In other cases, the ultimate will be a complete different form, like Kachidoki for one and Shogun for Gaim.

Anyway, I'm hoping that Gatack's Hyper mode will be one of those final forms. I haven't unlocked the secondary riders- no wait, I think I had just unlocked them when I quit last session.
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT

Post by Catastrophe »

Grrr. Maybe I should just buy the damned thing.
Fraggoth
That's so ridiculous
That's so ridiculous
Quote: "Child of the Sun! Kamen-! Rider-! BLACK-R-X!"

Post by Fraggoth »

Yeah, basically everyone who was in the previous two titles has stayed essentially the same as their Battride War 2 versions - with a few exceptions like Baron, who got a solid overhaul. So yeah, Faiz is still an engine of destruction. Hell, even more so now than in BW2, because now the Tri+O Faiz Kick's initial marking projectile can't/won't be blocked.

That said, basically all the Second-String riders they added are really in-depth, each with special gimmicks, moreso than most of the primary cast. The same is largely true for the Showa riders - Ichigo, V3, and Super-1 are never-ending murdertrains of Hissatsus chained together, but they each get different toys with which to do it.

I also like what they did with the Tag partner system - making them give you buffs after you increase their gauge enough, allowing them to attack independantly (or just sit there and guard, or attack to interrupt enemy actions) and the powerful Double Rider Kick function, all great improvements.
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT

Post by Catastrophe »

Sweet. That sounds good. I think if the extra characters have added extra depth to playing then it may be worth getting.
Fraggoth
That's so ridiculous
That's so ridiculous
Quote: "Child of the Sun! Kamen-! Rider-! BLACK-R-X!"

Post by Fraggoth »

The newly playable characters are definitely a blast.

With that said though, the game does feel closer to Battride War 1 but with all the tools and toys of both Battride War 2 and the new stuff added - so in terms of difficulty, pretty easy. There's more levels with some verticality, but the old levels you knew and loved/hated from BW1+2 are basically gone (which is largely Tridoron's fault - vehicle size and all that jazz), so you have around the same number of actual levels. And they feel kinda small.

There is less grinding than BW2 and the game flows a bit better, but is also shorter as a consequence.

Basically, 2 steps forward - 1 step back. Still an improvement, but in a fairly incremental way. Though at this rate, the fourth game will be pretty frickin' awesome. Probably.

Hell, I'm enjoying it. I'm just a shitty salesperson.

Return to “Games”