Jyuohger 05 released

Furry Force https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h1Dyqas6Sm8
Forum rules

Doubutsu Sentai Jyuohger Wiki Link

< Ninninger | Jyuohger | KyuuRanger >

Spoiler rules: No posting information about unreleased stuff. Preview and movie promo discussion must be in marked spoiler tags.

Ratings

Poll ended at Sun Mar 27, 2016 2:17 am

☆☆☆☆☆
89%
☆☆☆☆
11%
☆☆☆
No votes
☆☆
No votes
No votes

Total votes: 28
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Jyuohger 05 released

Post by takenoko »

< Previous ep
Wiki Article
Next Ep >

Last week's rating: 4.26 / 5 (27 votes)

Get your paws off me, you dirty ape!
I hate every ape I see
From chimpan-a to chimpanzee,
No, you'll never make a monkey out of me.

Kind of a fun episode. I appreciate the change in format. We bookend it with fighting, except the motw was taken out super quickly, whereas the commander comes in and promptly escalates the situation (until another sudden turnaround takes him out, of course).

Because of this formatting, we got to spend the episode learning about Larry and to some extent, about Yamato's powers. By the way, Larry is sort of the word Gorilla spelled backwards in Japanese, you just take the la and the ri part and put it together. (If his full name is Larry Go, I'm getting off this train though!)

Kind of makes you wonder if Yamato can go all Highlander on the Jyumans, stealing all their powers as he goes along.

It's silly, but I always love the muscle suit combat. It's always self aware and fun for it.

Couple of ominous things at the end. We see Larry cheering for Yamato before suddenly losing all his vigor. Then we see Genis say no continue is needed for Azauld. I think that says to me that Azauld is still alive, and Genis knows somehow.

Edit: It's cute to see that Amu is still giving no fucks about searching for the cube haphazardly. Little details like that are important.

"Maybe he's dead?"
===CM===
Seriously, there's a boy band in Japan called kiss my feet???
Arigomi
Save the life
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Board Games

Re: Jyuohger 05 released

Post by Arigomi »

Sigh. Apes don't have tails.

The CG of the feathers flying as JyuohEagle got knocked around was a neat detail.

I have mixed feelings about the episode overall. The pacing is good and interesting stuff happens but the messages about human and Jyuman becoming friends felt hollow. It doesn't help that having a gorilla wear Rastafarian colors shows how many Japanese don't understand other cultures.
Zychotic
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Gokaiger
2nd Favorite Series: Gaim
Favorite Actor?: Inoue Masahiro
Type: ISTJ Inspector

Post by Zychotic »

What I like about Kamen Rider is the 2 part story format it follows so it's nice when Sentai throws in a 2 parter. It allows more story development rather than trying to cram in a plot, a fight and a mecha fight in 24ish minutes. Normally they'd introduce a new form and maybe a mecha to go with it in one episode. I like that they're splitting this up so there isn't too much new stuff at once.

As for the actual story, JyuOhGorilla is pretty cool. I'm wondering if that changes Red's official designation. For example later down the track, instead of just being JyuOhEagle, he may change his name to JyuOhRed or JyuOhHuman (if he were to get any additional forms).

Larry is awesome. I wonder if he'll make regular appearances or he's just a once off character.

As for Azauld, I think he has multiple forms/lives which might be addressed in the next episode.
RyuShinEX
Go Go!

Post by RyuShinEX »

Liking Amu. She's been taking it as a holiday in human world.

Hopefully uncle mario can prove to be useful later on.

I wonder if the mysterious eagle transferred his power to yamato too? To save his life.

it would be nice if yamato can get all the power from the rest as a final form in the finale. :lol:
Connie_Edogawa
Juu Mousou!!!!!
Juu Mousou!!!!!
Favorite series: Go-Busters and Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger and Ryuki
Dreamy: Hinata Hyuga
Favorite Actor?: Mizuki Nana
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Touhou Project
Quote: "Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away from them and you have their shoes." -Jack Handy
Type: INFP Healer

Post by Connie_Edogawa »

I love that Larry is voiced by Old Joseph from JoJo's Bizarre Adventure. he's such a fun voice actor.
TorchWood
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Pirate Sentai GoKaiger
2nd Favorite Series: Special Operations Squadron Go-Busters
Alignment: Lawful Evil

Post by TorchWood »

FWIW.... I'm enjoying this Serious Sentai much more than the last two Comic Sentai series. It doesn't mean that this series isn't lacking in fun moments, nor am I saying that the last two series didn't have any serious moments. But, considering that the pre-series promos had us complaining about WTF is going on here, I think the series is progressing well.
Something happening on a show turns into a board comment.
njb
Strongest Brave
Strongest Brave
Favorite series: Timeranger
2nd Favorite Series: Fourze

Post by njb »

Um, somebody forgot to put a post in the front page...
Watching:
- SS Kiramei, Deka, Ninnin
- KR Saber
Finished:
- SS Time, Shinken to Toq, Jyuoh to Ryusoul
- KR Decade to Zero-One
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

Heh, I was in the middle of posting it when you posted. I released it at work then kind of forgot about it since I was full from dinner and needed a nap.
TokuCasual
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Post by TokuCasual »

An easy 5 for me. The development with Larry and Yamato was nice. I like that despite this being a red power boost episode, the focus is not entirely on red. The others got a pretty decent screen time. Also it's cool that Larry is a proper character with a backstory. Whether he sticks around or not, he played his part well. Genis is in his usual calm self. He's such a boss. And lastly, that ending, I love it. The last episode ending led straight to this one, and this one open straight to the next.
xanzerxiii
7X
Quote: Nn~ Aah~ Ecstasy!
Type: INTP Architect

Post by xanzerxiii »

No now Azauld is dead, I expect new General with new Team is coming up soon or Azauld's Team will be just dimisssed??

Also curious, I wonder how many Jyumans is in Human World? Urghhh this series just makes me wanting for more.
takenoko wrote:Seriously, there's a boy band in Japan called kiss my feet???
It's called キスマイフットツー (Kiss My Ft2) and it's one of the most successful band in Japan.
I will never give up ze yo!
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

I like how the did the form change with the flip up visor.

Also, betting that the commander definitely isn't dead. Yet.
Tuss4
Train man
Favorite series: Faiz
Dreamy: Ayame Misaki
Favorite Actor?: Myself

Post by Tuss4 »

No jokes about JyuOh Gorilla skipping leg day? I'm surprised!

takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

xanzerxiii wrote:
takenoko wrote:Seriously, there's a boy band in Japan called kiss my feet???
It's called キスマイフットツー (Kiss My Ft2) and it's one of the most successful band in Japan.
That's what I said, Kiss my feet.
Shipuujin
Infinity
Favorite series: Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Shinkenger
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
Type: ISTP Crafter

Post by Shipuujin »

I don't think Azauld is dead. This is episode 5 and that would've made him the 2nd Commander gone already. That said, what a great episode.
Love the characterization between Larry and Yamato and how Larry has legitimate reason for hating something he originally loved to study.

Also love how the power up wasn't a Deus Ex of any sorts, but Larry actually figured out how the Mark of the King worked and managed to save Yamato in time because of it!

Also props to Amu for not even caring about the MOTW by saying "Maybe he's already dead~" with a disappointed look xD
midorininger
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Shinkenger
2nd Favorite Series: Dekaranger
My boom: Transformers

Post by midorininger »

yeah i hope next week larry tells us more about the mark of the king. he seems to know how its works in deeper detail than the others. hm perhaps our red bird friend had already transformed with the cube already?

the suit actor for jyuoh gorrilla did seemingly have thicker legs. but yes that is very top heavy and cartoony looking. kind of makes you wonder how the others might be able toi flip visors now.

the whole afraid of humans thing was done nicely too. it gave legit reason for the disdain. but i wonder how many times he went back and forth, and how many other jyumen are wondering about now?

and yes, 2 commanders down. but they are team leaders so i wonder if more teams? or people can get promoted? the feathers flying were a nice touch too

Return to “Doubutsu Sentai Jyuohger”