Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Garo Makai Retsuden 07 released

Post by takenoko »

< Prev Ep
Wiki Article
Next Ep >

Last episode rating: 4.33 (9 votes)

As much as this is the CW teen drama episode of Garo, I actually really liked it. Haruna's really not a bad character, since she's got more going on for her than just "I'm a stoic knight" or "I'm a one-dimensional Makai Priest". I thought the pretty boy's acting was kind of wooden, but that's fine. As long as he looks good.

Haruna must have zero spatial awareness to run into that telescope guy. Did she move into his way on purpose, because how does someone do that?

Akizuki Daigo: "I'm a nerd"

And then Akizuki came in, and the episode became glorious. I love that stupid guy, I think it's the funniest thing. I was thinking "Man, that costume must stick out in this modern context" and then he tries to enter the school in his usual garb. So good.

The actual battle stuff was fine. The Horror design was good. I'm a bit confused as to why they had a female version of the Horror to begin with. It seems like the story would have been fine if told with just the janitor and the jerk kid. Having the woman to begin with is sort of a tipoff that the Horror is a shapeshifter. Maybe that was the intention. I bet the janitor is a stunt actor.

Haruna picking up the charm and then turning it over was an amazing dramatic turn. Poor Haruna, looks like pretty boy's not your boyfriend after all. All in all, a fun episode that breaks the usual Garo formula, while still integrating it in a pleasing manner. 5/5.
XIII
The Conspiracy
Favorite series: Garo
2nd Favorite Series: KR Faiz - Kab
Alignment: Chaotic Evil
My boom: Devil Z

Re: Garo Makai Retsuden 07 released

Post by XIII »

Needed more Daigo to be more entertaining. Heck a story dedicated to him would be good
Live for the Moment, for the Moment is Eternal!
PHurricane
The Eyes in the Skies
The Eyes in the Skies
Favorite series: W/Den-O
2nd Favorite Series: Gokaiger

Post by PHurricane »

That was a very sweet episode. I’m not fond of Daigo, actually, but I like the way they fleshed out Haruna’s character.

The combination of the high school astronomy club and Miki being dedicated to studying the constellations because she wanted to be an astronomer really gave me a Fourze vibe.
Yaiba
Sentai Senshi
Favorite series: Dekaranger, Gokaiger, Magiranger, Shinkenger, Kyouryuuger, Kuuga

Post by Yaiba »

When Daigo says that "a pen is a student's life etc etc" I actually did laugh. He gives the same lecture to everyone does he. And I like his berserker fighting style. No need to dodge, just go straight at it.

I couldn't remember who Haruna was, until she changed back to the Makai Priest garb. She's the one that talks through the dolls in Gold Storm Shou.

I'm surprised they didn't wipe that boy's memory though.
Dragonfan
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by Dragonfan »

The episode was meh for me, but the pen/sword line was very funny, one of the funniest Garo lines for me.

The horror design was cool too. If I am correct, this is the first physical suit they use in Retsuden for a new horror (not the standar ones).

Next episode seems to be a two parter again.
fenrir
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: RX
2nd Favorite Series: GAIM
Type: ENTP Inventor

Post by fenrir »

give 4/5 for this one.
good dramatic story i guess. the moment haruna flip the charm is kinda sad. but anyway, she managed it quite well.

it's good that retsuden can develop her chara in a good way. she's not that interesting in GS-Shou for me. but in here, the theme of choice,youth, dreams suits well.

i do agree with PHurricane . this episodes really reminds me of FOURZE!!

@yaiba = i guess since haruna is no longer/ not a strong makai priest, she can't/dunno the technique of erasing people memory.

Daigo entering the school is a very dark comedy btw, lol.

btw,the TRICERATOPS Horror is good in design i guess. THUMBS UP!!
otw: Ex-Aid , Hurricane (ep3), Amazons S2, Kyuuranger

finished:
KR: Black, RX, Super1 + all Heisei + AMAZONS
Sentai: Zyu,Dai,Gao,Deka,Magi,Bouken,Geki,Goon,Shinken,Gokai,GoBus,ToQ,Ninnin
Garo: All (anime[both] as well)
Densha Otoko
Fat D
Wanted Pirate
Wanted Pirate
Favorite series: Gokaiger
2nd Favorite Series: Kiva
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
Type: INTP Architect

Post by Fat D »

The only thing missing in this episode is Fourze. They did the school plot well.
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

Daigo is always good. Episode was kind of average otherwise.

Return to “-Makai Retsuden-”