Kaigan KR Ghost 34

G-g-ghosts?!
Forum rules
Kamen Rider Ghost Wiki Link

< Drive | Ghost | Ex-Aid >

Spoiler rules: No posting information about unreleased stuff. Preview and movie promo discussion must be in marked spoiler tags.

Ratings

Poll ended at Sun Jun 19, 2016 2:44 am

☆☆☆☆☆
30%
☆☆☆☆
50%
☆☆☆
15%
☆☆
No votes
5%

Total votes: 20
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Kaigan KR Ghost 34

Post by takenoko »

<Previous Ep
Wiki Article
Next Ep>

Last week's poll rating:n 3.6 (15 votes)
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Re: Kaigan KR Ghost 34

Post by Lunagel »

Alternate Title: SisterCon Makoto/Oniichan Hell

I swear they've seen us complain how Kanon does nothing but say Oniichan and they're mocking us.

Come on Akari, slap him again! Do it!
Yaiba
Sentai Senshi
Favorite series: Dekaranger, Gokaiger, Magiranger, Shinkenger, Kyouryuuger, Kuuga

Post by Yaiba »

This episode is nothing less than disturbing. Seriously, Makoto, go see a doctor.

For a scientist with a brillent mind, Edison sounds like a complete idiot.

And such an underwhelming debut of Mugan.
Zychotic
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Gokaiger
2nd Favorite Series: Gaim
Favorite Actor?: Inoue Masahiro
Type: ISTJ Inspector

Post by Zychotic »

I liked the dream world plot but seriously, why use it to debut the final form and even so, why only do it at the end of an episode? So that's.....3 episodes to introduce 1 form, yup annoying.

The best part of this episode was the Oniichan scene. I'm pretty sure the Oniichan counter has doubled after it.

The Mugen form looks alright, very shiny. I find it funny that it's an "infinity" form and has the same shininess as Wizard's Infinity form.
xiiliea
Humongous
Favorite series: Ultraman Nexus
2nd Favorite Series: Ultraman Gaia
Favorite Actor?: Fujita Ray
Alignment: Neutral Good

Post by xiiliea »

This episode is retarded.

Who on earth would intentionally go to sleep right in the middle of enemy territory...

And when Specter and Necrom exited the dream world (without explanation of how they did so), they fought for a few seconds in the room, then suddenly the fight goes outdoor. So there was nobody protecting the bodies at all 90% of the time.
ViRGE
Save the life

Post by ViRGE »

Yay, plot! They remembered that Takeru has a limited life span. Now if they can explain how only 60 days have progressed in the last 6 months...

On the other hand I am now even more confused over whether Gramps and Edith are the same. With a response like that you'd think so, but Gramps still seems to lack a certain insight that you'd expect if he were Edith.
Yaiba wrote:This episode is nothing less than disturbing. Seriously, Makoto, go see a doctor.
Well I'm glad to see I'm not the only person who had that thought. If your dream is your sister, that can't be healthy.
For a scientist with a brillent mind, Edison sounds like a complete idiot.
I have to admit I cracked up at that. I have no idea why Edison was saying his name over and over again. But that he's supposed to be a genius really makes it funny. "I'm Edison!" Yes, yes you are. :lol:
And such an underwhelming debut of Mugan.
Agreed. This has stretched out 4 episodes now, and we don't get to see the real fight this week. So that'll be 5 episodes. I appreciate they're not spamming the ultimate form quite so early - it helps to avoid the lull between when the hero gets their ultimate form and when the final arc of the series kicks off - but on the other hand it sort of robs the form of its awesomeness. Killing the hero every year is lame, but having the hero revive and then show off his new form toys in the same episode is practically a trope (a good one).
Zychotic wrote:The Mugen form looks alright, very shiny. I find it funny that it's an "infinity" form and has the same shininess as Wizard's Infinity form.
This is probably just me, but I haven't cared for these metallic/crystalline ultimate forms. They're in a sense very plain. Drive Tridoron looked far better in all of his red glory.

Oh, and there's a really minor typo on the 720p version, in case it ever gets reencoded in the future. 21:42 "Not yet!I believe..." note the lack of a space.
Mandalori
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Dreamy: Koyomi / Rian
Quote: Lost in Thoughts All Alone

Favorite Super Sentai : Goseiger / Kyoryuuger / ToQger / Kyuuranger
Favorite Kamen Rider : Wizard / Gaim / Ex-Aid / Build / Zero-One
Favorite Garo : Yami Wo Terasu Mono / Gold Storm Shou / Kami No Kiba

Post by Mandalori »

The SD one has the same, but it's not really a problem I think.
BIGH1001
Gao
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Decade
Dreamy: Do i have to answer?
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Destiny
Quote: Carpe Diem
Type: INTJ Mastermind

Post by BIGH1001 »

Makoto... Why... That is not right. As for the rest of the episode. very lackluster, with no proper fight out of mugen. I think toei is trying to hype it up, but the opposite is happening for me. this better be one badass form.
-snip-
Last edited by Lunagel on Thu Jun 09, 2016 5:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Stuff that hasn't happened in the show yet is a spoiler, please keep this forum spoiler free!
eijiman
IXA

Post by eijiman »

Hahaha, altough like many of the past episodes, this contributes in practically nothing to the story, it was really cool to see the "I'm Edison" thing.

and yes, im with y'all on this, Makoto you got some Deep shit there, boyo. Wonder if that is one of the effects of the Deep specter eyecon.
Go-On Macaroni
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top
Type: INFP Healer

Post by Go-On Macaroni »

ViRGE wrote:On the other hand I am now even more confused over whether Gramps and Edith are the same. With a response like that you'd think so, but Gramps still seems to lack a certain insight that you'd expect if he were Edith.
Personally, I don't see them as being the same as much as it's that one joke from Den-O again (with the Station guy having the same actor as Owner).
nanamarfo
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Ex-Aid
Dreamy: Yuki Jojima
Favorite Band: RIDER CHIPS
Quote: "My life is burning bright!" -Takeru Tenkuji

Post by nanamarfo »

The plot is there, and I enjoyed it, but for most it will miss the mark.

Makoto... wha...just why? I like her as a character, she was more backstory than anything. Don't become Raiden. Please.

The Ganmaiser explation was good. But what the hell is the Great Eye?
Zychotic wrote:I liked the dream world plot but seriously, why use it to debut the final form and even so, why only do it at the end of an episode? .
Blade reference?I like how they did it.
NOMarfo
mholden020
Gabu
Favorite series: Garo
Favorite Band: Avenged Sevenfold
Quote: "Never think that success is down to your own performance alone. If you start listening only to yourself you take the first step back towards the bottom. The flowers of victory belong in many vases."
-Michael Schumacher
Type: INFJ Counselor

Post by mholden020 »

Lunagel wrote:Alternate Title: SisterCon Makoto/Oniichan Hell

I swear they've seen us complain how Kanon does nothing but say Oniichan and they're mocking us.
No kidding...that was some strange shit...
Completed Series:
-Kamen Rider: Agito, Ryuki, 555, Blade, Hibiki, Kabuto, Den-O, Kiva, Decade, W, Fourze, OOO, Wizard, Gaim, Drive
-Sentai: Jetman, Dairanger, Deka --> Zyuohger
Ashki
Mega
Favorite series: no such thing
Dreamy: Mele
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral

Post by Ashki »

ViRGE wrote:Yay, plot! They remembered that Takeru has a limited life span. Now if they can explain how only 60 days have progressed in the last 6 months...

On the other hand I am now even more confused over whether Gramps and Edith are the same. With a response like that you'd think so, but Gramps still seems to lack a certain insight that you'd expect if he were Edith.
Keep in mind the first 90 days. Also, many of these eps happen in one day or less (especially the multi-parters).

As for Gramps/Edith, I have a feeling he's both yet neither. Edith made it clear before Adel's rise to power that he wasn't frm the Ganma World and had something to do with the Ganmaiser and creation of the Ganma World as we know it. My theory is that he's merely an avatar of the Great Eye and the two personas can only use information about the world they're in to limit interferance in Takeru's destiny.
ViRGE wrote:
Yaiba wrote:This episode is nothing less than disturbing. Seriously, Makoto, go see a doctor.
Well I'm glad to see I'm not the only person who had that thought. If your dream is your sister, that can't be healthy.
I'll be the first to admit Kanon is kawaii, but Makoto in this episode was just plain kowai...
Zychotic wrote:The Mugen form looks alright, very shiny. I find it funny that it's an "infinity" form and has the same shininess as Wizard's Infinity form.
I find it highly appropriate, to be honest.

Theory regarding Takeru's newest return and form:

Spoiler
The Ganmaiser were created as a tool by the Great Eye but have become corrupted. As such, they're interfering with the Great Eye's objectives, so it sent Gramps to organise a means to destroy the Ganmaiser. But things went wrong with that plan (explained this ep). Takeru's body vanished, so pehaps the Great Eye claimed it for safekeeping. Since his body still exists SOMEWHERE, Takeru's ghost can return to it under the right cirrcumstances. What happened last ep is Takeru's consciousness lost its container (the eyecon), and the concentration of his friends caused him to regain cohesion. That same focus briefly broke the interference, allowing the Great Eye to provide a new container with the same technology as the Ganmaiser. So the Infinity form isn't just a miracle mode like Fourze's final form, but a sort of weapons upgrade.

I wonder how far off the mark I am...
Fave | Least Fave Series so far
KR: AgitΩ or Zero-One | Drive
SS: unsure | Maskman
UM: Nexus | Ultra Q
Sentai: Akiballion: Battlemaids of Akihabara | Buddha Man
Other Toku: possibly Shinigami no Ballad | probably Sci-Rop
Mxylv
The Eyes in the Skies
The Eyes in the Skies
Favorite series: Ultraman Nexus
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Gaim
Favorite Actor?: Daisuke Terai
Favorite Band: GaGaalinG
Alignment: Neutral Good
Quote: Where wisdom and valor fail, all that remains is faith. And it can overcome all.

Post by Mxylv »

I thought the episode seemed pretty formulaic. The Makoto dream was seriously messed up, but at least they're acknowledging Kanon's dialogue issues... kinda. I found it amusing that Takeru was pushed out of an eyecon for once, though I'm curious why the Brothers Grimm sucked him into the eyecon if they barely acknowledged his existence. I really liked Mugen Ghost's form and the feather motif, except the rainbow horn (come to think of it, I think it could have done without the transparent visor). Also, I honestly thought a powerup ring like "Mega Violent" would only show up in Amazons. I was wrong.

"Now," whispers Adel with insatiable curiosity, "show me your new power!"
(Mugen Ghost stands there and doesn't do anything.)
Watching:
Kamen Rider Kuuga, Gotchard

Watched:
KR W, Gaim, Ghost - Build, Geats
Ultraman '66, Leo, Great, Nexus - U7X, Ginga - Blazar
Donbrothers
GS Sho, Dogengers S1-4
When in doubt,
Zychotic
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Gokaiger
Favorite Actor?: Inoue Masahiro
Type: ISTJ Inspector

Post by Zychotic »

Ashki wrote: As for Gramps/Edith, I have a feeling he's both yet neither. Edith made it clear before Adel's rise to power that he wasn't frm the Ganma World and had something to do with the Ganmaiser and creation of the Ganma World as we know it. My theory is that he's merely an avatar of the Great Eye and the two personas can only use information about the world they're in to limit interferance in Takeru's destiny.
I like this explanation. You can tell in the way they both speak. Edith is always serious. Gramps constantly changes between serious and silly which makes it hard to think they actually are the same person.

Return to “Kamen Rider Ghost”