Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Garo Makai Retsuden 10 released

Post by takenoko »

< Prev Ep
Wiki Article
Next Ep >

Last episode rating: 3.86 (7 votes)

Alt Title - Ryume-sama catches the Wet Bandits as portrayed by D. Ringo and Kinji Takigawa

Ryume-sama! Finally, we get to see what she looks like when she's young. I think it's interesting that they made a new costume for her just for this episode.

So the reveal at the end is that one guy is a young version of D. Ringo, before becoming an old pervert. I think this is the first returning character to be portrayed by someone different. I wonder how we'll list that on the wiki? Anyway, I can't help but notice that his partner in this wears a cowboy hat like Yukihime. How am I supposed to interpret this?! I'll leave it to your imagination.

How long till the other two members of Makai Kagekidan appear? I mean, this probably would have been a good episode for Yukihime's actress to cameo. Still bummed we didn't get the original actor for D. Ringo though.

And the moral of the story is: Don't lock your treasure chest with one strip of paper.

Commercials and Sumi Rena's Meat Chant
Nissin Yakisoba U.F.O. with Kikkawa Koji and Mizuhara Kiko
Town Work - Kyudo with Matsumoto Hiroshi
McDonalds Gentleman Thief Nuggets with Dandy Sakano
Mobile Storm with Arnold Schwarzenegger
Real Gold Works with Sudo Genki and World Order
Trivago with Natalie Emmons
Sumi Reina Oniku Ginjimasu - Ollo

Related news
Bikuu is in qc now. The Garo first season HD Remaster was announced. It'll be taking the current time slot when Makai Retsuden ends. It'll be dumb, but we'll probably release it weekly in HD, then buy the inevitable Blu-ray release and rerelease it in that format.
Phoenix512
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top

Re: Garo Makai Retsuden 10 released

Post by Phoenix512 »

I doubt we are going to get all members of Makai Kagekidan since one of them is a voice actress from the first Garo anime unless she appears as a new character in the live action.
PHurricane
The Eyes in the Skies
The Eyes in the Skies
Favorite series: W/Den-O
2nd Favorite Series: Gokaiger

Post by PHurricane »

Gonza’s struggle was real this episode - where’s Kendama Detective Hikari when you need him?

I totally didn’t recognize Ryume a/k/a GekiKid until they said her name. It was nice that she got a new costume. Even more, I didn’t come close to guessing that “Aniki” was D Ringo. I had to check the wiki for Ginji because I didn't remember him at all. Frankly, between the name and the way he was dressed, I’m glad I’m not the only one who was reminded of Kinji a/k/a StarNinger. Man, those two were total idiots when they were young.

I don’t usually comment on commercials, but it’s interesting that Japan McDonald’s are using a Gentleman Thief (Nuggets) in their advertisements. Reminds me of the old Hamburgler.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

Since it's Japan, Nuggets is portrayed by a comedian whose specialty is yelling out "gets!" Surely they couldn't pass on the opportunity to make some sort of pun in their marketing.
Dragonfan
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by Dragonfan »

takenoko wrote: can't help but notice that his partner in this wears a cowboy hat like Yukihime. How am I supposed to interpret this?! I'll leave it to your imagination.
I was totally thinking the same twisted thing until I realized that we actually see Ginji in Gold Storm. It was just a brief appearance if I recall correctly, and some of us were wondering if this was someone we should know. And yes, he was wearing a cowboy hat too, which is a relief.
Fat D
Wanted Pirate
Wanted Pirate
Favorite series: Gokaiger
2nd Favorite Series: Kiva
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
Type: INTP Architect

Post by Fat D »

Young Ginji was totally Kinji. Different face, but same cowboy outfit and crazy obsessed smile.
And I had a feeling we were dealing with something related to D Ringo when the two were talking about stealing Madou artifacts. Though I suspected them to be business associates of his.
Kurow
Mega
Favorite series: Ryuki
2nd Favorite Series: Kabuto
Dreamy: Rina Akiyama (Agito)
Favorite Actor?: Hiro Mizushima
Favorite Band: Jam Project
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: girls
Quote: Ore Sanjou!
Type: ENFP Champion

Post by Kurow »

Wow great episode and for me it was a surprise that this was D.Ringo when he was young... just how old is Ryuume... she is eternally young and beautiful :3

I think that they only characters with an episode left are Tsubasa, Jabi, Rei and the makai knights from the Yami universe.

Hopefully these guys will get their own side stories too.
Final Vent!
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

At least the surprise reveal at the end wasn't that obvious. Pretty good episode.

Return to “-Makai Retsuden-”