Kaigan KR Ghost 34

G-g-ghosts?!
Forum rules
Kamen Rider Ghost Wiki Link

< Drive | Ghost | Ex-Aid >

Spoiler rules: No posting information about unreleased stuff. Preview and movie promo discussion must be in marked spoiler tags.

Ratings

Poll ended at Sun Jun 19, 2016 2:44 am

☆☆☆☆☆
30%
☆☆☆☆
50%
☆☆☆
15%
☆☆
No votes
5%

Total votes: 20
ViRGE
Save the life

Re: Kaigan KR Ghost 34

Post by ViRGE »

Ashki wrote:
ViRGE wrote:Yay, plot! They remembered that Takeru has a limited life span. Now if they can explain how only 60 days have progressed in the last 6 months...

On the other hand I am now even more confused over whether Gramps and Edith are the same. With a response like that you'd think so, but Gramps still seems to lack a certain insight that you'd expect if he were Edith.
Keep in mind the first 90 days. Also, many of these eps happen in one day or less (especially the multi-parters).
The first 90 days took place over roughly 90 days. The series itself takes place over a whole year*, and now that we're in the summer, Takeru's second 90 days should have long since expired. If you're going to put your hero on a timer, you have to remember to sensibly increment the timer.

* In fact it has to, since they film all year and are subject to the seasons
TaelonZ
7X
Favorite series: Kabuto
2nd Favorite Series: Akibaranger
Alignment: Neutral
Type: INTJ Mastermind

Post by TaelonZ »

I'VE GOT IT! Edison was just practicing his lines for the new Batman movie except, you know, it's Edison so he will just steal the part and take the credit.

"I'm Edison"
No its "I'm Batman!"
"I'm Edison"
Batman!
"Edison?"
BATMAN
"NOT EDISON!"
NOT ITS BATMAN!

"I'm Edison"
Phoenix512
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top

Post by Phoenix512 »

ViRGE wrote:Yay, plot! They remembered that Takeru has a limited life span. Now if they can explain how only 60 days have progressed in the last 6 months...
And such an underwhelming debut of Mugan.
Agreed. This has stretched out 4 episodes now, and we don't get to see the real fight this week. So that'll be 5 episodes. I appreciate they're not spamming the ultimate form quite so early - it helps to avoid the lull between when the hero gets their ultimate form and when the final arc of the series kicks off - but on the other hand it sort of robs the form of its awesomeness. Killing the hero every year is lame, but having the hero revive and then show off his new form toys in the same episode is practically a trope (a good one).
You're equating show time with real time which they aren't equal at all. You may notice that the beginning of one episode immediately starts at the end of the previous episode. You can't just say "They film all year and needs to be equal to with the change of seasons" because that's just dumb to do. They can do whatever to the time of the show without worrying about time of the year in the real world.

Your comments about the new form are just contradictory. You praise it for not spamming and build up but yet you want no build up. I just wonder how you want the new form to be debut.

Also I have to compare to this to Den-O.

Spoiler
Grateful seems like to be Climax Form and since it had problems later on in the series like Grateful has problems with the Luminaries and the Ganmaizers. Mugen is basically Liner Form where it can overcome the problems that Grateful has like how Liner overcame Climax Form's problems.
resop2
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Shabon 5
2nd Favorite Series: Treasure 5

Post by resop2 »

Speaking of Den-O, will Takeru's new transformation phrase be "Advent"? (Takeru's new form is really similar to Sieg.)

This show was as jarring for being silly and funny as a dead serious and somber Jyuohger episode would be.

Instant fanfic time: Since Kanon seems to wander off alone a lot, maybe she uses a secret power when she is alone? Maybe she is able to transform into many different forms and gain the abilities of each form when she does so. Sometimes she is a caring nurse: Nurse Kanon, sometimes a fierce fighter: Samurai Kanon, sometimes a capable OL: Office Lady Kanon, but her truest form is Cutey Kanon. This would explain why she is able to gather up the money needed to keep Alan-sama fed.
Fat D
Wanted Pirate
Wanted Pirate
Favorite series: Gokaiger
2nd Favorite Series: Kiva
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
Type: INTP Architect

Post by Fat D »

Phoenix512 wrote:
Spoiler
Grateful seems like to be Climax Form and since it had problems later on in the series like Grateful has problems with the Luminaries and the Ganmaizers. Mugen is basically Liner Form where it can overcome the problems that Grateful has like how Liner overcame Climax Form's problems.
Spoiler
But Liner Form was not a form whose point was to be strong, it was a "no other decent form is accessible" form - Ryotaro had no access to the Imagin anymore, so without Liner, he would be stuck with Plat Form. Against the Ganmaizer, he still has his entire regular and Toucon catalog, which are not enough to beat those high-level enemies, but still a force to be reckoned with.

By the way, I cannot wait for a clean version of the new Batchiriminaaaaaaaaaaa. And Ghost's battle themes are awesome.
Zatyme
I am the new #2
I am the new #2
Favorite series: Blade
2nd Favorite Series: Gokaiger

Post by Zatyme »

Fat D wrote:
Spoiler
But Liner Form was not a form whose point was to be strong, it was a "no other decent form is accessible" form - Ryotaro had no access to the Imagin anymore, so without Liner, he would be stuck with Plat Form. Against the Ganmaizer, he still has his entire regular and Toucon catalog, which are not enough to beat those high-level enemies, but still a force to be reckoned with.

By the way, I cannot wait for a clean version of the new Batchiriminaaaaaaaaaaa. And Ghost's battle themes are awesome.
Spoiler
Actually having re watched Den-O recently there is the heavy implication that Momotaros and the others are lying about the circumstances surrounding the necessity of Liner Form in order to get Ryotaro to be less reliant on their power in case they disappear before they finish the fight.

Considering the kinda meh writing for the show so far, I am kind of impressed the writers for Ghost have seemed to have written in a necessity for Infinite Soul as so far it is the only form able to permanently destroy the Ganmaizer and reliably have a chance against them, unlike a few other final forms which seem to blatantly exist to sell new toys as the primary concern.
nanamarfo
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Ex-Aid
2nd Favorite Series: Gaim
Dreamy: Yuki Jojima
Favorite Band: RIDER CHIPS
Quote: "My life is burning bright!" -Takeru Tenkuji

Post by nanamarfo »

Zychotic wrote:
Ashki wrote: As for Gramps/Edith, I have a feeling he's both yet neither. Edith made it clear before Adel's rise to power that he wasn't frm the Ganma World and had something to do with the Ganmaiser and creation of the Ganma World as we know it. My theory is that he's merely an avatar of the Great Eye and the two personas can only use information about the world they're in to limit interferance in Takeru's destiny.
I like this explanation. You can tell in the way they both speak. Edith is always serious. Gramps constantly changes between serious and silly which makes it hard to think they actually are the same person.

Or he's that good at hatching a plan.
NOMarfo
ViRGE
Save the life

Post by ViRGE »

Phoenix512 wrote: You're equating show time with real time which they aren't equal at all. You may notice that the beginning of one episode immediately starts at the end of the previous episode. You can't just say "They film all year and needs to be equal to with the change of seasons" because that's just dumb to do. They can do whatever to the time of the show without worrying about time of the year in the real world.
And then it looks as goofy as all hell to be pretending it's still the middle of winter in August. Not to mention the fact that it's incredibly bad pacing to rush through 99 days within 13 episodes, but then take another 35 (or so) to get through the second 99 days. What I'm trying to say is that they handled this poorly and clearly didn't put enough thought into the timer concept.
Your comments about the new form are just contradictory. You praise it for not spamming and build up but yet you want no build up. I just wonder how you want the new form to be debut.
Not at all. Over the last few years the ultimate form came in on episode 32, pretty much on the dot. I'm glad they pushed it back even a couple of episodes, as past series have had some trouble coming up with meaningful filler between that and their final arc. However I'm not pleased that they dragged this out over 5 episodes, as opposed to just starting on it later.
Ashki
Mega
Favorite series: no such thing
Dreamy: Mele

Post by Ashki »

ViRGE wrote:
Phoenix512 wrote: You're equating show time with real time which they aren't equal at all. You may notice that the beginning of one episode immediately starts at the end of the previous episode. You can't just say "They film all year and needs to be equal to with the change of seasons" because that's just dumb to do. They can do whatever to the time of the show without worrying about time of the year in the real world.
And then it looks as goofy as all hell to be pretending it's still the middle of winter in August. Not to mention the fact that it's incredibly bad pacing to rush through 99 days within 13 episodes, but then take another 35 (or so) to get through the second 99 days. What I'm trying to say is that they handled this poorly and clearly didn't put enough thought into the timer concept.
I think the whole point of that is the fact that very little was happening the first 90 days, so each ep the counter plummeted. But thing are speeding up, and you can see the jumps in the countdown getting smaller and smaller with more individual days taking multiple episodes. After the "infinity debut day" ends, we'll see another small jump in the countdown and either a single eisode day or another multi-ep day.
Fave | Least Fave Series so far
KR: AgitΩ or Zero-One | Drive
SS: unsure | Maskman
UM: Nexus | Ultra Q
Sentai: Akiballion: Battlemaids of Akihabara | Buddha Man
Other Toku: possibly Shinigami no Ballad | probably Sci-Rop
Virgo Angel
Adventure
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Kabuto
2nd Favorite Series: Ninja Sentai Kakuran
Dreamy: Gentarou Kisaragi
Favorite Actor?: Sota Fukushi
My boom: Junya Ikeda

Post by Virgo Angel »

So take one part wing form and two parts Wizard Infinity and you get Ghost infinity cool i think it looks better with the hood up, but i think most of the forms look better with the hood up. so sister complex confirmed hey at least it's one of the few times makoto actually smiled which i mean he's cute when he smiles so i'm okay wiht the complex. im kinda miffed we didn't get to see Grimm and Sanzo battling too much hopefully we'll at least see grimm after the next episode.
Fat D
Wanted Pirate
Wanted Pirate
Favorite series: Gokaiger
2nd Favorite Series: Kiva
Type: INTP Architect

Post by Fat D »

Virgo Angel wrote:So take one part wing form and two parts Wizard Infinity and you get Ghost infinity cool i think it looks better with the hood up, but i think most of the forms look better with the hood up. so sister complex confirmed hey at least it's one of the few times makoto actually smiled which i mean he's cute when he smiles so i'm okay wiht the complex. im kinda miffed we didn't get to see Grimm and Sanzo battling too much hopefully we'll at least see grimm after the next episode.
We might see both of them more now that their eyecons are not being hogged by Grapefruit all the time.
Virgo Angel
Adventure
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Kabuto
2nd Favorite Series: Ninja Sentai Kakuran
Dreamy: Gentarou Kisaragi
Favorite Actor?: Sota Fukushi
My boom: Junya Ikeda

Post by Virgo Angel »

Fat D wrote:
Virgo Angel wrote:So take one part wing form and two parts Wizard Infinity and you get Ghost infinity cool i think it looks better with the hood up, but i think most of the forms look better with the hood up. so sister complex confirmed hey at least it's one of the few times makoto actually smiled which i mean he's cute when he smiles so i'm okay wiht the complex. im kinda miffed we didn't get to see Grimm and Sanzo battling too much hopefully we'll at least see grimm after the next episode.
We might see both of them more now that their eyecons are not being hogged by Grapefruit all the time.
they are also cg heavy eycons like beethoven (another of my favs) so that might be why they are used less
Kuchiri
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: LuPat
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger
Dreamy: There are alot.
Favorite Actor?: Alot of this too.
Alignment: Neutral Good
Type: INFP Healer

Post by Kuchiri »

I like the small touches with the designs of the suits this season. Someone pointed out a long time ago that Ghost's facemask was different from the others since his eyes were blacked out. Basically he was dead so he had no eyes. Something tell me that Mugen, with glowing eyes, is a small clue that he is already alive.
nanamarfo
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Ex-Aid
2nd Favorite Series: Gaim
Dreamy: Yuki Jojima
Favorite Band: RIDER CHIPS
Quote: "My life is burning bright!" -Takeru Tenkuji

Post by nanamarfo »

Kuchiri wrote:I like the small touches with the designs of the suits this season. Someone pointed out a long time ago that Ghost's facemask was different from the others since his eyes were blacked out. Basically he was dead so he had no eyes. Something tell me that Mugen, with glowing eyes, is a small clue that he is already alive.
Huh. That is a nice touch.
NOMarfo
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

What was up with Edison? Other than pretending to be Christian Bale Batman of course.

Return to “Kamen Rider Ghost”