Kaigan KR Ghost 37

G-g-ghosts?!
Forum rules
Kamen Rider Ghost Wiki Link

< Drive | Ghost | Ex-Aid >

Spoiler rules: No posting information about unreleased stuff. Preview and movie promo discussion must be in marked spoiler tags.

Ratings

Poll ended at Sun Jul 10, 2016 3:10 am

☆☆☆☆☆
6%
☆☆☆☆
13%
☆☆☆
50%
☆☆
19%
13%

Total votes: 16
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Kaigan KR Ghost 37

Post by takenoko »

<Previous Ep
Wiki Article
Next Ep>

Last week's poll rating:n 2.07 (14 votes)
Jesus, that's the worst score I've seen for a TV episode, I think. What happened last week?
Yaiba
Sentai Senshi
Favorite series: Dekaranger, Gokaiger, Magiranger, Shinkenger, Kyouryuuger, Kuuga

Re: Kaigan KR Ghost 37

Post by Yaiba »

So Igor, what exactly were you trying to do with the idol group and the bracelets? We didn't even know why your plan failed.

Bills is your minion, but he actively led Akari into the idol group so she could disrupt your plan. What the heck?

On the other hand, keep slapping him, Akari. I love this running gag. Even Takeru feels the pain.

Random appearance is random, Javert. And the Sanzou Eyecon sure can travel, from Takeru in the city to Alain in the woods.

Overall, an acceptable conclusion to the mind blobbing episode last week.

On another note, Harp+y4's song is catchy. I'd like to hear it once without all the interruptions.

PS.
So since I'm bored, I'm going to make a guess: the monkey is Takaiwa Seiji, the pig is Watanabe Jun and the kappa is Eitoku.
Farr
7X
Favorite series: Blade / Deka
2nd Favorite Series: Gaim~W / Shinken
Dreamy: Umeko / Hana
Alignment: Neutral Good
Type: INFP Healer

Post by Farr »

Well after the disaster from last week, that Episode was actually quite okey, apart from the Fast Traveling Eyecon (srysly how, thought it Sanzou not Spider xD), the Faceroll of the Ganmaizer and the Finisher of Alain not anywhere looking like the jumpstuff he did in the Training World.

At least Akari got to sing good, even thou it does not make much sense apart from Playback, since there is no way singing would improve by such a large margin in 2 Days and she looked kinda cute in her Training Outfit.

A 'what if' Subplot for Specter(hopefully).

A bit forced Final? Fight between Jarvert/Alain, how convinient, that he Pops out somewhere way of where he entered the Trial, and bumps into J...

So yeah not the best episode, but after last weeks quite Solid, and thankfully not as bad kinda goofish
ViRGE
Save the life

Post by ViRGE »

An improvement from last week's episode. But that's not high praise since last week's episode was a 1.

Large parts of this episode amount to a non-sequitur; the resolutions to the various problems don't make sense. What was Igor's plan? Why did Honami's friends turn against her in the first place? Why did those animals harass Alain in the first episode and then (seemingly happily) help him in the second? Why is Javert suddenly showing up and wanting to fight Alain? And WTF is that duplicate Makoto? It's all very well acted/directed non-sequitur, unlike the pain of the previous episode, but non-sequitur none the less.

Something must have gone very wrong in the production of this two parter. I just can't imagine what we got is what they had in mind. Just checking the Wiki, series writer Fukuda Takurou hasn't written an episode in 10 episodes (i.e. relatively forever), so it's very likely that something is amiss with Ghost's production.

Finally, I have a gut feeling that Makoto's actor is about to step out for another few episodes. He didn't interact with the rest of the cast in this episode, and now he's conveniently injured. Oh, and Oniichan += 3
takenoko wrote: Jesus, that's the worst score I've seen for a TV episode, I think. What happened last week?
You were here last week, you know the answer to that.:P It was a terrible episode all-around.
Yaiba wrote:On the other hand, keep slapping him, Akari. I love this running gag. Even Takeru feels the pain.
Yes please! It's the best running gag on the show.
Yaiba wrote:So since I'm bored, I'm going to make a guess: the monkey is Takaiwa Seiji, the pig is Watanabe Jun and the kappa is Eitoku.
Any logic behind that? Or is it just a shot in the dark?
mholden020
Gabu
Favorite series: Garo
Favorite Band: Avenged Sevenfold
Quote: "Never think that success is down to your own performance alone. If you start listening only to yourself you take the first step back towards the bottom. The flowers of victory belong in many vases."
-Michael Schumacher
Type: INFJ Counselor

Post by mholden020 »

So Alain now has three jungle people that he can summon from an eyecon...does that make him a Pokémon trainer? :lol:

I wasn't as completely lost as last week, but wasn't overly excited during this episode. I still don't have the slightest idea what Alain was doing with the second-string Sentai crew. Takeru's hair kept getting bigger and smaller in various scenes, so he either had a badly-timed haircut or the hairdresser didn't do things the same way twice. That sent my OCD into overdrive.

Maybe it's just me, but I don't really think the Idol plots work very well in Kamen Rider compared to their occurrences in Super Sentai. Akari's long-term plot to reunite the Harp+y4 group wasn't nearly entertaining as Jetman's Ako-chan Cup Noodles episode.
Completed Series:
-Kamen Rider: Agito, Ryuki, 555, Blade, Hibiki, Kabuto, Den-O, Kiva, Decade, W, Fourze, OOO, Wizard, Gaim, Drive
-Sentai: Jetman, Dairanger, Deka --> Zyuohger
Victormaru
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: GARO
2nd Favorite Series: Gokaiger
Dreamy: Kaoru
Favorite Actor?: Mika Hijii
Favorite Band: m-flo
Alignment: Lawful Neutral
My boom: GARO
Quote: In the end, I am Eternal.

Post by Victormaru »

Javert is the most random dude that loves to conveniently pop up at the right times to fight someone.

I guess Sanzou gets a new form, which is Necrom's ultimate form now? Also, Aran is his own Sentai.
Yaiba
Sentai Senshi
Favorite series: Dekaranger, Gokaiger, Magiranger, Shinkenger, Kyouryuuger, Kuuga

Post by Yaiba »

ViRGE wrote:
Yaiba wrote:So since I'm bored, I'm going to make a guess: the monkey is Takaiwa Seiji, the pig is Watanabe Jun and the kappa is Eitoku.
Any logic behind that? Or is it just a shot in the dark?
Nothing to base on. Just seems like they fit the role.
Go-On Macaroni
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top

Post by Go-On Macaroni »

ViRGE wrote:Something must have gone very wrong in the production of this two parter. I just can't imagine what we got is what they had in mind.
While it's true Fukuda disappeared for some reason, weird episodes just happen with Rider though. Just have to roll with it.
mholden020 wrote:So Alain now has three jungle people that he can summon from an eyecon...does that make him a Pokémon trainer? :lol:
Alain could always summon them as long as he had the Sanzo eyecon, he did back in episode 17.
eijiman
IXA

Post by eijiman »

Well, it was better than last week. I think that now that Amazons is over Ghost is going to get better. Right now, next episode seems to have some progress, Seiji is back, Javert also. I hope they do save Ghost.

and as a personal thing, I hope they use the Ghostriker more.
ViRGE
Save the life

Post by ViRGE »

Yaiba wrote:
ViRGE wrote:Any logic behind that? Or is it just a shot in the dark?
Nothing to base on. Just seems like they fit the role.
Fair enough. That said I have a hunch you're right. Certainly I can't think of any better configuration.
Fat D
Wanted Pirate
Wanted Pirate
Favorite series: Gokaiger
2nd Favorite Series: Kiva
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
Type: INTP Architect

Post by Fat D »

Very non-sequitur, but that did not subtract from my enjoyment at all.
I jjust cannot get enough of the Mega Uloader's voice. Does Necrom have his own Gan Gun Hand now?
eijiman
IXA

Post by eijiman »

ViRGE wrote:
Yaiba wrote: Nothing to base on. Just seems like they fit the role.
Fair enough. That said I have a hunch you're right. Certainly I can't think of any better configuration.
Actually Seiji is almost the same height that Alain, and monkey seems shorter, even considering he is somehow bending the knees, he seems smaller. So My bet is no.
resop2
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Shabon 5
2nd Favorite Series: Treasure 5

Post by resop2 »

Having seen this episode I think that the previous episode could have been improved a lot with a few minor tweaks and the two episodes would have looked like they belonged together:

1) Akari's audition: She should have sung exactly the same way that she sung in the second part. Bills could have then said, "I am choosing you because I see potential in your singing, but your dancing is really really bad. If you can improve your dancing in a couple of days I will let you debut." Then it would make sense why Akari is "training montage"-ing on dancing instead of learning how to sing.

2) Alain's trail: Things would have been much smoother and easier to understand if last week Alain had started with "Oh, Sanzou's minions? I'm your boss, remember? I command you to give me the food!" and the minion turn around and slap their butt at him, and then proceed to abuse him. Then in this episode, Alain could say something like, "I am sorry that I enslaved you guys before. I now see that you guys have some really slick moves and I can learn from you. I know that you have no reason to comply with my request, but, please teach me your moves!"

I wonder if the idol group thing will be returned to in a couple of episodes and we will see the real super-evil plan behind the bracelets?

Random subversive thought: What if additional belts were made available and some of the eyecons chose other characters to bond with to become riders? We could have a Rider Sentai team - The Ghost Buster Sentai:

Takeru: Red
Makoto: Blue
Alain: Green
Akari: Pink (Edison)
Javert: Black (Billy the Kid)
Kanon: Yellow (Himiko)
Onari: White (Goemon)
gourdcaptain
Favorite series: Ryuki
2nd Favorite Series: Kiva
Favorite Actor?: Shu Watanabe

Post by gourdcaptain »

This is the one place I've found people actually discussing this (glad I'm not alone) but man, has Ghost just kind of done an epic faceplant since Mugen/Infinity was introduced. I was really liking it prior to that, and it'd brought back my enjoyment of Rider (Drive had... really not worked for me). Thankfully, Amazons picked up the slack and I enjoyed that a lot, but jeez, have I not seen a series go this rapidly down in quality all of a sudden since Hibiki for me.

Although finding out the main writer's been absent for ten episodes makes my speculation a week back that this show had gone full Hibiki feel more on the nose.
Farr
7X
Favorite series: Blade / Deka
2nd Favorite Series: Gaim~W / Shinken
Dreamy: Umeko / Hana
Alignment: Neutral Good

Post by Farr »

resop2 wrote: Takeru: Red
Makoto: Blue
Alain: Green
Akari: Pink (Edison)
Javert: Black (Billy the Kid)
Kanon: Yellow (Himiko)
Onari: White (Goemon)
Would be nice for an trollsode yeah, but why make an already Yellow Edison Pink and and the already Pink Himiko Yellow? :lol:

Akari is way more boyish than Kanon, so yellow is the better fit for her anyhow :mrgreen:
gourdcaptain wrote:This is the one place I've found people actually discussing this (glad I'm not alone) but man, has Ghost just kind of done an epic faceplant since Mugen/Infinity was introduced. I was really liking it prior to that, and it'd brought back my enjoyment of Rider (Drive had... really not worked for me). Thankfully, Amazons picked up the slack and I enjoyed that a lot, but jeez, have I not seen a series go this rapidly down in quality all of a sudden since Hibiki for me.
Ye, Drive had the same way Kiva did for me, watched a few, and then paused till ~20, and eventually watched them till the End, they still managed to get a somewhat solid ending, at least Ghost is not as blatantly bad as Ninninger or PR-Mystic Force was, so I might even end up finishing it, while I quit after ~30 Eps on Nin and ~3/4 into MF...

Return to “Kamen Rider Ghost”