Kaigan KR Ghost 38

G-g-ghosts?!
Forum rules
Kamen Rider Ghost Wiki Link

< Drive | Ghost | Ex-Aid >

Spoiler rules: No posting information about unreleased stuff. Preview and movie promo discussion must be in marked spoiler tags.

Ratings

Poll ended at Sun Jul 17, 2016 1:23 am

☆☆☆☆☆
29%
☆☆☆☆
41%
☆☆☆
24%
☆☆
6%
No votes

Total votes: 17
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Kaigan KR Ghost 38

Post by takenoko »

<Previous Ep
Wiki Article
Next Ep>

Last week's poll rating:n 2.6 (10 votes)
Yaiba
Sentai Senshi
Favorite series: Dekaranger, Gokaiger, Magiranger, Shinkenger, Kyouryuuger, Kuuga

Re: Kaigan KR Ghost 38

Post by Yaiba »

It's touching that Takeru gets the luminaries' spirits up again, but it's still all false hope. The one they wreaked is Jairo, which they had no problem in defeating before. The Ganmaizer will still wipe the floor with them.

Takeru only used the Eyecons he owned. No love for the Specter and Necrom held Eyecons.
ViRGE
Save the life

Post by ViRGE »

That was a bit of a weird episode. It's not filler, but it's close? Maybe a fan service episode is a better way to put it?

Despite the revelation that Adel has merged with the Ganmizers, the plot didn't really move forward. Instead we got something that's a cross between a multi-form fight and an epic beatdown, complete with Sakamoto's trademark wire-fu and explosions. Which to be sure is a riot, but it does make it feel like they were buying time with this episode.

I do think it's cute though that the Luminaries got a proper send-off of sorts. Yaiba is of course correct - the Ganmizers will clean the Luminaries' clocks - as the rules of Toku & Merchandise state that the newest toy is the most powerful. But it's nice to see all of the forms for what's probably the final time, before we enter the final arc and Takeru is all Mugan all the time.

Speaking of which, there's something sadistically enjoyable about watching Takeru get the stuffing knocked out of him in human form. I don't dislike him by any means, but it's nice to see the hero have some struggles outside of the suit as well?

So long Jairo. We have no clue who you are, nor do we care. Other than giving Takaiwa Seiji the well-deserved chance to be on camera, you served no purpose and I award you no points.

Finally: Makoto! To the credit of the production, he actually interacted with other characters for all of about 10 seconds. But I am still not convinced that those scenes were filmed alongside the rest of 38, as opposed to being filmed later with the specific purpose of making it look like the actor was available.
LeoArchon
Why are we all 15?
Why are we all 15?
Favorite series: Final Fantasy
2nd Favorite Series: Super Sentai
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: Total War: Shogun 2
Quote: "To be forgotten is worse than death." -Freya Crescent, Final Fantasy IX

Post by LeoArchon »

I'm curious as to why this episode was released later than usual. Was there a problem in the subbing?

As to the episode itself, I have to admit, I enjoyed it. Even if the whole 'my heart is one with yours' kind of deal is somewhat overdone in toku, it's still heartwarming that Takeru wanted to use the luminaries despite possessing the power of Mugen. It's a nice touch, IMHO, and shows that Takeru isn't one to rely purely on his super mode. To be fair, other Riders have done this as well (Haruto comes to mind), but it seems to me like Takeru especially doesn't want Mugen to become a crutch. Given all he went through to gather the luminaries' Eyecons, I can't blame him.

On the subject of Mugen, I honestly hope Yaiba is wrong, and that the luminaries can evolve as well, to defeat the Ganmaizer. After all, that was the entire reason for their Eyecons' creation; to serve as counters to the Ganmaizer. If it turns out Mugen is the answer after all, I'm going to be disappointed.

Spoiler
As to the preview... is it unbecoming that I squee'd when Alia said 'Henshin'? I was wondering if we'd get a female Rider this season!
Atragon
Favorite series: Blade/Shinkenger
2nd Favorite Series: Kiva/Magiranger

Post by Atragon »

Not the best, but still very enjoyable episode. Mugen is sort of too powerfull as a final form in my opinion. It's nice, that Takeru looking for connection to Luminaries and not only depends on mugen. It's just as Onari said. Takeru should looking source of his power in friendship. That suit him best!

I have got a little problem with Luminaries. It's definiately too many of them. For example Den-O has only 4 imagins and there was a room to show their characters and properly develop main plot. I mean, they just grow together as a team. It's my vision of KR Ghost as it should be. More Takeru - Luminaries relations, less random unnecessry stuff.

I wonder what is Makoto problem? He receive his real body back. How Adel create so many Makoto imposters? I have a feeling that this is connected to deep specter power.

Spoiler
Kanon look cool as a Billy the Kid :wink:
Finished series:

KR: V3, Amazon, Black - Zero-One (25 of 30)
Sentai: Sunvulcan, Maskman-Liveman, Jetman-Dairanger, Carranger, Gingaman, Gaoranger to Kiramager. (28 of 44)

Currently watching: Saber, Zenkaiger
resop2
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Shabon 5
2nd Favorite Series: Treasure 5

Post by resop2 »

I am still holding out hope that the resolution of the Mugen form conflict is that the luminaries will be able to bond with the hearts of those who have bonded with Takeru and we get the Ghostogers, each friend forming bonds with two of the luminaries. And, since Takeru has seen the Jyuougers in action, he can guide the Ghostogers to defeat the "number two bad guy" by telling them to "go big" and combine into a giant robot so that Takeru can concentrate on defeating the "number one bad guy".

Spoiler
I guess that Ghostoger Pink (Kanon) now gets Billy the Kid and Himiko, while Ghostoger Yellow (Akari) gets Edison and Beethoven.
Mxylv
Humongous
Favorite series: Ultraman Nexus
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Gaim
Favorite Actor?: Daisuke Terai
Favorite Band: GaGaalinG
Quote: Where wisdom and valor fail, all that remains is faith. And it can overcome all.

Post by Mxylv »

I think this was a great episode on its own, but I'm not sure why Takeru felt that he needed to stay away from Mugen (as he'd used it plenty of other times). If there were some sort of plot line that led up to this it'd make more sense to me, but beyond Sennin saying that the eyecons weren't of any use anymore, I didn't see any real motivation for Takeru. Other than that, though, there was a lot the episode did right. Makoto's clones continues to be a highlight of this arc, and Javert seems to be healing (although I'd have preferred a bit more development beforehand). I'm giving the episode a four in and of itself, but it'd probably be a three in the grand scheme of the story (as there's very little that sets up the struggles depicted here).
Spoiler
The preview looks like another paranormal activity story, but Alia becoming a Rider looks it'll be pretty cool.

Edit: Oh. Just noticed it's my 100th post.
Watching:
Kamen Rider Kuuga, Gotchard

Watched:
KR W, Gaim, Ghost - Build, Geats
Ultraman '66, Leo, Great, Nexus - U7X, Ginga - Blazar
Donbrothers
GS Sho, HwTM, Dogengers S1-4
When in doubt,
eijiman
IXA

Post by eijiman »

I liked this one, this was very close to doing something that I have been wanting from some time, Which is Takeru using his base form to kick some ass, and say something like: I(ore) am all I need.

anyway, I think that the clones might be something deep specter related, maybe the oldman used it and that i why there are two of him. And yes , i still think this might be something similar to FFIV paladin/holy dragoon trial.
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Post by Lunagel »

LeoArchon wrote:I'm curious as to why this episode was released later than usual. Was there a problem in the subbing?
Nah, just got a little slammed at work this week.
LeoArchon wrote:
Spoiler
As to the preview... is it unbecoming that I squee'd when Alia said 'Henshin'? I was wondering if we'd get a female Rider this season!
I also squee'd.
Leonsagara
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Type: INTJ Mastermind

Post by Leonsagara »

I'm a little confused by the Makoto clones, but I'm guessing the Ganmaizer are using him as an alternate form. It seems that way when you see the multiple versions of him standing behind Adel.
eijiman
IXA

Post by eijiman »

By the way, Am i the only one who was "Ugh, Seiji is getting his ass handed to him" and felt bad for him?

well actually it was in spanish, but the idea was that.
Mxylv
Humongous
Favorite series: Ultraman Nexus
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Gaim
Favorite Actor?: Daisuke Terai
Favorite Band: GaGaalinG
Quote: Where wisdom and valor fail, all that remains is faith. And it can overcome all.

Post by Mxylv »

I just thought it'd feel really weird for him when he's suit acting as Ghost and beating himself up.
Watching:
Kamen Rider Kuuga, Gotchard

Watched:
KR W, Gaim, Ghost - Build, Geats
Ultraman '66, Leo, Great, Nexus - U7X, Ginga - Blazar
Donbrothers
GS Sho, HwTM, Dogengers S1-4
When in doubt,
Cyborg-Lucario
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Black/Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Fourze/Gokaiger
Dreamy: Garou (Ookami Blue)
Alignment: Lawful Neutral
Type: INFJ Counselor

Post by Cyborg-Lucario »

This wasn't a bad episode even though it could be considered a filler. Even though that so was it nice to see Takeru use the luminaries again (maybe for the last time).
And it was cool to see Makoto fight against another clone of his, and considering that Adel has an entire army of Makoto clones (trying hard to not make a harem joke) so will it be interesting to see where this is going.

Adel's Ganmaizer form? We didn't get to see much of it, other than beating Takeru down with one hit and that it looks better when the flower head is open.
Last edited by Cyborg-Lucario on Sat Jul 09, 2016 10:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
A cyborg pokémon who may or may not be a Kamen Rider.
LeoArchon
Why are we all 15?
Why are we all 15?
Favorite series: Final Fantasy
2nd Favorite Series: Super Sentai
My boom: Total War: Shogun 2
Quote: "To be forgotten is worse than death." -Freya Crescent, Final Fantasy IX

Post by LeoArchon »

Cyborg-Lucario wrote:... and considering that Alain has an entire army of Makoto clones (trying hard to not make a harem joke) so will it be interesting to see where this is going.
I do believe you meant Adel, not Alain. Unless you're proposing that Alain is a double-agent?
Cyborg-Lucario
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Black/Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Fourze/Gokaiger
Dreamy: Garou (Ookami Blue)
Alignment: Lawful Neutral
Type: INFJ Counselor

Post by Cyborg-Lucario »

LeoArchon wrote:
Cyborg-Lucario wrote:... and considering that Alain has an entire army of Makoto clones (trying hard to not make a harem joke) so will it be interesting to see where this is going.
I do believe you meant Adel, not Alain. Unless you're proposing that Alain is a double-agent?
Not sure how I made that mistake. >.<
Thank you for pointing it out. It was not my intent to propose that Alain would be a double-agent.
I don't think it would be a smart move of having him be a double-agent.
A cyborg pokémon who may or may not be a Kamen Rider.

Return to “Kamen Rider Ghost”