TheWorld

Furry Force https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h1Dyqas6Sm8
Forum rules

Doubutsu Sentai Jyuohger Wiki Link

< Ninninger | Jyuohger | KyuuRanger >

Spoiler rules: No posting information about unreleased stuff. Preview and movie promo discussion must be in marked spoiler tags.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

TheWorld

Post by takenoko »

Someone pointed this out on chat, there's no point to any of Misao's three forms. There's not enough of a difference in fighting style or what he does when he's in them to amount to justifying them. Has anyone else noticed this?

Also, I know that people found him grating when he turned good. Now that we're a few weeks in, how are we feeling about him now?
zeta_gundam
The Eyes in the Skies
The Eyes in the Skies
My boom: Drawing
Type: INTJ Mastermind

Re: TheWorld

Post by zeta_gundam »

Well in the beginning, they seemed to differentiate the forms a little. When he transformed into his Wolf form, he seems to be faster and he uses more ranged attacks? In Crocodile, he seems to prefer close combat and it's implied that his strength is powered up a little? Rhinos on the other hand seems to be a little bit in-between in terms of strength and speed?

But yeah, on a whole, his powers aren't well explained/differentiated between forms. And we haven't seen much of his other Jyuman powers save for that 'aura sensing' ability (from Rhino) that he used in that one episode.
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

Now it's just like use wolf to use rod weapon.

He's kind of annoying to be honest. Like when he was evil and in the last episode where they fake praised him he is cool, but his normal persona is insufferable. I don't get why they think now that these characters need to be boiled down to a single quirk. Like it worked with with Toq 6 because he was originally not human so it fits with the characterisation.
zeta_gundam
The Eyes in the Skies
The Eyes in the Skies
My boom: Drawing
Type: INTJ Mastermind

Post by zeta_gundam »

Not to mention TOQ-6/Akira was genuinely funny.
Phoenix512
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top

Post by Phoenix512 »

I can't really recall a 6th having confidence issues that Misao has so it's something new at least. I don't really mind Misao at the moment. As to the point about characters being boiled down to a single quirk, it's a children's show for the most part. It's easier to make characters that have a really identifiable quirk than make them complex.
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

You are right, but it's something that's become more obvious since last season.

I mean, the main Jyuohgers are fine for the most part. It's just Za Warudo is annoying. Dio would not be happy.
Monsoon
Gao
Favorite series: Gokaiger
2nd Favorite Series: Shinkenger
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: HOTS
Type: INTP Architect

Post by Monsoon »

Well, there are definitely differences. He only uses the fishing rod in Rhino form, the shotgun in Wolf form (which also has super-speed), and the staff in Crocodile form (which also has super-strength). There's also his kaihou form which has him use the wolf claws, tail whip, and shoulder charge stuff. It all adds variety to his moveset, which I find diverse and mostly fun. And the juxtaposition of Misao's massive power and lack of confidence is... amusing. He's not as consistently funny as ToQ 6 but I think his awkward, weird personality has been okay so far.
Can't Stop the Monsoon - a blog mostly about video games, now featuring occasional Super Sentai reviews! Latest tokusatsu piece is my top ten Super Sentai series.
Rifaz
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Post by Rifaz »

He's fine for the most part... Akira is still favorite, though.
"There was a ticking time bomb strapped to her chest... That's why she has a dynamite body!!" - Amakusa Shino
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

Man, a lot of love for Akira. No love for Kinji or Ucchi?
ViRGE
Save the life

Post by ViRGE »

takenoko wrote:Man, a lot of love for Akira. No love for Kinji or Ucchi?
I didn't realize we were voting on the best 6th.:P In that case, yeah, I'd vote Ucchi.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

Oh, so this is just some sort of bias that arises from the availability heuristic. We search for the most recent example of a good sixth, pass by Kinji, and go to Akira. Since we've completed our search, there's no need to go further back to Ucchii or beyond.
njb
Strongest Brave
Strongest Brave
Favorite series: Timeranger
2nd Favorite Series: Fourze

Post by njb »

no love for Ikari Gai? :(

or Genta?
Watching:
- SS Kiramei, Deka, Ninnin
- KR Saber
Finished:
- SS Time, Shinken to Toq, Jyuoh to Ryusoul
- KR Decade to Zero-One
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT

Post by Catastrophe »

I think it's like Take said, everyone is comparing The World the previous 6th that was appealing. Genta is great. Gai is kind of lame tbh.

Kinji was alright. I enjoyed his character arc very much, definitely the most interesting of the Niningers. He was just in a boring series unfortunately.
ViRGE
Save the life

Post by ViRGE »

Catastrophe wrote:I think it's like Take said, everyone is comparing The World the previous 6th that was appealing. Genta is great. Gai is kind of lame tbh.
Gai is Sentai Fanboy Ascended. How can you not love him? He's us! :(
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

ViRGE wrote:
Catastrophe wrote:I think it's like Take said, everyone is comparing The World the previous 6th that was appealing. Genta is great. Gai is kind of lame tbh.
Gai is Sentai Fanboy Ascended. How can you not love him? He's us! :(
Nerd self-loathing?

Return to “Doubutsu Sentai Jyuohger”