Kaigan KR Ghost 43

G-g-ghosts?!
Forum rules
Kamen Rider Ghost Wiki Link

< Drive | Ghost | Ex-Aid >

Spoiler rules: No posting information about unreleased stuff. Preview and movie promo discussion must be in marked spoiler tags.

Ratings

Poll ended at Sun Aug 21, 2016 12:49 am

☆☆☆☆☆
29%
☆☆☆☆
33%
☆☆☆
33%
☆☆
No votes
5%

Total votes: 21
Go-On Macaroni
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top
Type: INFP Healer

Re: Kaigan KR Ghost 43

Post by Go-On Macaroni »

>> A common fact is what everyone knows. Ask anyone here who watches the show that thinks Onari is useful.

Thing is, I could ask people here and they'd say that but then I could ask people on my twitter feed and some there do like him. That's why I can't see it as "common fact" since it's more subjective than anything objective.

>> Yurusen outright calls him an idiot.

Yurusen calls everyone an idiot, dear. Especially people who don't put money into Bandai's pockets.
Also, the other characters know he can't help? That's kinda reaching, dude.

>> No one knows what the Ganma is planning to do with the contact lens.

Uh.. Igor spells it out pretty fluently to them in the episode. The lenses brainfk everyone with math problems then you get sealed into an eyecon. As we know, eventually, this turns Human World into the Ganma World which had been the M.O. Adel twisted up ever since he took power.

>> There is absolutely no need to take over anyone to be useful. Be yourself, do useful things that will benefit others as yourself. If he needs other's abilities to make himself useful, then that just proves that he himself is useless.

Have you seen Den-O? Because, it seems like you'd have a field day with that show, haha.
eijiman wrote:Something bothers me from this series is how they forget about Takeru being a ghost, He should use his powers more often. Invisibility, flying and such other stuff.
Yeah but, > Toei budget
Yaiba
Sentai Senshi
Favorite series: Dekaranger, Gokaiger, Magiranger, Shinkenger, Kyouryuuger, Kuuga

Post by Yaiba »

>> Thing is, I could ask people here and they'd say that but then I could ask people on my twitter feed and some there do like him. That's why I can't see it as "common fact" since it's more subjective than anything objective.
My audience of this post is the people in this forum and not the people outside. In the business world, when making a speech, you focus on your target audience and not everyone in the world, because that's impossible.

>>Yurusen calls everyone an idiot, dear. Especially people who don't put money into Bandai's pockets.
I don't remember Yurusen calling other characters an idiot. Please give me an example.

>> Also, the other characters know he can't help? That's kinda reaching, dude.
I just gave a few examples in my previous post.

>> Have you seen Den-O? Because, it seems like you'd have a field day with that show, haha.
I have seen Den-O, that is my favorite show. Imagines possess humans because they don't have a physical body. They don't like that one bit and consistently try to get a physical body. Ryotarou, who was being possessed tried to get stronger at the end by not relying on the Imagines. That is character growth. That is the opposite case here, he feels he cannot help as himself and deliberately went and possessed Alain.

I can forgive Narita, Shbuya and Kanon who are utter useless because they were wrote to be background cardboards characters. Onari and Akari on the other hand were designed for the same level of supporting character in this series, they were the two that were with Takeru from the very beginning. And Akari is very useful by constantly providing assistant with her science all through the series. What have Onari done is 43 episodes? He defended Akari one or two times, and befriended Javert, and that's about it.

=> Uh.. Igor spells it out pretty fluently to them in the episode. The lenses brainfk everyone with math problems then you get sealed into an eyecon. As we know, eventually, this turns Human World into the Ganma World which had been the M.O. Adel twisted up ever since he took power.
You ignored my comment of him being an idiot and putting everyone in danger by putting on the lenses. Do we know the lenses will turn people into Eyecons before? No. Do the lenses have other functions? We don't know. Adel wants to take over the world? Sure, but Onari didn't care. All he cared when he put on the lenses was that the lenses will make him a genius because everyone thinks he was useless in this episode.

You can defend him if you want. It does not change the fact that he is useless in this series and being an idiot about it.
Gao
Favorite series: Decade
2nd Favorite Series: OOO

Post by 453145 »

Thanks Onari you have possesed the best character in Ghost.

However this episode seems more natural than the past ones, at least this didn't focus on saying how much perfect Takeru is and that stuff. Now we are going back to the plot I just hope that they can put all together, because all the experiments that Igor did don't seem to be related to the contact lens.

Just a minor thing, how many Music Note Ganma are? Because we had the first one in Beethoven episode, the second one is with Cubi and the third one is in an eyecon in Igor's possesion.
eijiman wrote:This episode had a big, big, big, big, big, mistake: if someone from ganma world has to be naked, it is Aria. that is why this get 0 stars.

Ok, now seriously, to me it was just a preparation episode, nothing really interesting (of course it would have been different with Aria...) I hope this helps Onari to grow from being a lame buffoon into something better. Now I think that the key to defeating evil Makoto will be using base specter.
Agreed, also if this series needs something is Aria transforming into Pink Necrom.

About using base Specter, I wonder why they haven't tried that, if Deep Specter creates the clones, why don't stop using it or using it just a few times and instead use the luminaries, just use Houdini and that's all.
Go-On Macaroni
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top

Post by Go-On Macaroni »

Reply to Yaiba, I wanted to cut down on the amount of text in my post though:
Spoiler
>> My audience of this post is the people in this forum and not the people outside. In the business world, when making a speech, you focus on your target audience and not everyone in the world, because that's impossible.

So, it's a fact on the forum but not a fact in general? Okay. That's all I was curious on, really; how "Fact" was being used here.

>>I don't remember Yurusen calling other characters an idiot. Please give me an example.

I can't think of anything directly "You're an idiot!" (especially with "lol translation") but I meant more how she pretty directly just insults everyone to their faces. Like in the Newton episode, "Wow, you're slow, figure it out! What's Newton famous for?" or that recent ep. where she just floated around gloating in how angry everyone was getting.

>> I just gave a few examples in my previous post.

Yeah but I felt it was reaching over stuff like "Takeru saying "it's the feeling that counts" because he know Onari can't help,". Takeru's whole character, Mugen's basis, is feelings and potential of humanity (NINGEN NO KANOSEI YO!!); he'd say that line to anyone, so I can't see that as him meaning it as rude to Onari.
Also, people say that all the time in real life. Like, one time, one of my relatives got me a manga volume of Gantz and I don't quite care for that title (at all) but, I said to him "No, don't worry, it's the thought that counts". I didn't want him to feel like I was upset as much as I still appreciated the gesture behind it.
I don't look back on it either like "Oh wow, my relative was useless back then, he can't help at all" as much as "I knew he meant well".

>> I have seen Den-O, that is my favorite show. Imagines possess humans because they don't have a physical body. They don't like that one bit and consistently try to get a physical body. Ryotarou, who was being possessed tried to get stronger at the end by not relying on the Imagines. That is character growth. That is the opposite case here, he feels he cannot help as himself and deliberately went and possessed Alain.

I was kidding there. =P

=> Do we know the lenses will turn people into Eyecons before? No. Do the lenses have other functions? We don't know.

Eh, focusing this on what "we" don't know is changing the topic and kinda different than "{No one knows} what the Ganma is planning to do with the contact lens.", though. That's where "Dramatic irony" comes into play and whatnot.
As on what the characters know, Onari and Takeru saw Hiroki and his mom go on about the math problems and the weird song then Onari started speaking every digit of Pi due to the lenses before going "I can't take them out =[" then he became an eyecon. (I wasn't sure how far you were going with "No one knows" so, that's why I mentioned the audience's knowledge too; if you were just going for in-universe(/characters) though, then my bad).

>> You can defend him if you want. It does not change the fact that he is useless in this series and being an idiot about it.

In general, I wasn't trying to defend him; I just thought it was weird to use "fact" when there's people who disagree with it. (Hey, full-circle!)

453145 wrote:Just a minor thing, how many Music Note Ganma are? Because we had the first one in Beethoven episode, the second one is with Cubi and the third one is in an eyecon in Igor's possesion.
I think the first one is the one who left with Cubi so, it's 1 and a replica? 2, if you want to get technical.
Yaiba
Sentai Senshi
Favorite series: Dekaranger, Gokaiger, Magiranger, Shinkenger, Kyouryuuger, Kuuga

Post by Yaiba »

Not going make more comments on Onari, need to get him out of my system. I'm glad that this show will be over in a few weeks because it is getting on my nerves more than it should. Watching a show should be relaxing and entertaining, but the characters are so annoying that it is doing the exact opposite for me.
Gao
Favorite series: Decade
2nd Favorite Series: OOO

Post by 453145 »

Go-On Macaroni wrote:
453145 wrote:Just a minor thing, how many Music Note Ganma are? Because we had the first one in Beethoven episode, the second one is with Cubi and the third one is in an eyecon in Igor's possesion.
I think the first one is the one who left with Cubi so, it's 1 and a replica? 2, if you want to get technical.
So if the the first is the one with Cubi, does that mean that he forgot all what happened with Takeru and the others? I thought that they were different because of that.
Go-On Macaroni wrote:>> A common fact is what everyone knows. Ask anyone here who watches the show that thinks Onari is useful.

Thing is, I could ask people here and they'd say that but then I could ask people on my twitter feed and some there do like him. That's why I can't see it as "common fact" since it's more subjective than anything objective.
That's true, for example I personally don't like Onari but it seems that he is popular in Japan, if not they wouldn't sell this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vvVRiqY1Qyk
FirenOh
Vaglass
Vaglass
Favorite series: Ex-Aid
2nd Favorite Series: Timeranger
Favorite Actor?: Mio Kudo
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: Hoshimachi Suisei
Type: INTP Architect

Post by FirenOh »

I just caught up, and man it's been a slog but I think Ghost might be nearing a good ending sequence now that the Demia Project has finally been revealed.

453145 wrote:
Go-On Macaroni wrote:

So if the the first is the one with Cubi, does that mean that he forgot all what happened with Takeru and the others? I thought that they were different because of that.

Each Music Note Ganma, each empowered ganma really, are separate entities all tapping into the same soul for power. So the one in ep 6 and the one in 28 are two separate guys. I'm not sure how Igor can be Mozart's soul though if the nice Note Ganma isn't dead yet though.
"Absence diminishes little passions and increases great ones, as wind extinguishes candles and fans a fire." -Walt Whitman
Yes, you are certain Walt Whitman said that. One hundred percent positive.
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

So do we have Onari Necrom to look forward to next week?
Ashki
Mega
Favorite series: no such thing
Dreamy: Mele

Post by Ashki »

I have to agree that Aria should've been the naked one... or Kanon (hey, did she just go an entire episode without saying Oni-chan?!). As it is, I spent half the episode mentally begging Adel to say "Don't worry, I'm wearing", but to no avail :cry:

Also, Onari has proven usefful a couple times, especially when it comes to ddealing with Javert or providing distractions. I honestly believe his reasoning for using the contacts was to BE useful... as in, if he could see what the victims were seeing he could relay that information to Takeru. As it was, he remained more or less in control (unlie the other users), most likely due to his temple training which involves being able to remain mentally centred and meditiating. And when he did become an eyecon, he managed to avoid Ganma control.

He said he had his reasons for possessing Alain, and that it would prove useful... I believe him. Some very obvious possibilities:

Spoiler
1. Alain is no longer an eyecon, so aving one in him might get him past some security measures.
2. As an eyecon that's connected to Demia, yet in control, Onari has an insider's persective of the project, and can direct Alain to the central processor. As he's not in his physical body, Alain can protect him without having to think about it. After all, nothing worse than a civilian in the middle of a battle, because you have to split your attention and tactics to protecting them WHILE ddefeating the enemy.

Onari, like Sennin, is a character meant to hide the real person underneath. We've seen hints that Onari's a lot more than a simple clown, but he hides his dark past with levity and by acting the fool - just as Sennin hides his real identity as Edith by playing the fool. The writing was better this episode, although still far from perfect... but hopefully this final plot arc will increase, raather than decrease, in quality.
Fave | Least Fave Series so far
KR: AgitΩ or Zero-One | Drive
SS: unsure | Maskman
UM: Nexus | Ultra Q
Sentai: Akiballion: Battlemaids of Akihabara | Buddha Man
Other Toku: possibly Shinigami no Ballad | probably Sci-Rop
Go-On Macaroni
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top

Post by Go-On Macaroni »

453145 wrote:So if the the first is the one with Cubi, does that mean that he forgot all what happened with Takeru and the others? I thought that they were different because of that.
FirenOh wrote:Each Music Note Ganma, each empowered ganma really, are separate entities all tapping into the same soul for power. So the one in ep 6 and the one in 28 are two separate guys. I'm not sure how Igor can be Mozart's soul though if the nice Note Ganma isn't dead yet though.
Ah, you're right; my mistake there. ^^;
Rifaz
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Post by Rifaz »

Huh, I'm actually surprised Igor seems to be satisfied to just become magistrate.
"There was a ticking time bomb strapped to her chest... That's why she has a dynamite body!!" - Amakusa Shino
Fat D
Wanted Pirate
Wanted Pirate
Favorite series: Gokaiger
2nd Favorite Series: Kiva
Type: INTP Architect

Post by Fat D »

Regarding the front page post, Adel has no need for shame, he is a perfect being after all. At least that is how he sees himself.
Mxylv
The Eyes in the Skies
The Eyes in the Skies
Favorite series: Ultraman Nexus
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Gaim
Favorite Actor?: Daisuke Terai
Favorite Band: GaGaalinG
Alignment: Neutral Good
Quote: Where wisdom and valor fail, all that remains is faith. And it can overcome all.

Post by Mxylv »

I miss Edith.

18 to 5 days feels like the biggest jump since Toucon's debut. Guess they decided it was time to wrap things up. I like what they did with Demia project, though I think it should have been explained much more slowly. Perhaps if we'd already known that they were planning some sort of contact lenses, with earlier beta users 'coincidentally' having occasional sparks of brilliance? As it is, who knows if even the writers knew what Demia was before they wrote this episode?

Movie preview:
Spoiler
Ex-Aid in motion looks like an improvement from the still pictures (his hair doesn't look as big, for instance), but I'm still not a fan. The belt looks easily as bulky as Ghost's, and I just can't see the head as a Rider head. Not huge on the floating coins either. That said, it was only a few seconds, so my opinion may change yet after I see more.
Yaiba wrote:And to make it worse, it took over one of the more likeable character Alain, this is so mess up.
Additionally, Makoto is in a state of disarray, Edith is stuck in his happy mode, and Adonis and Fumi are just gone. I'm not sure there's a strong character left.
Watching:
Kamen Rider Kuuga, Gotchard

Watched:
KR W, Gaim, Ghost - Build, Geats
Ultraman '66, Leo, Great, Nexus - U7X, Ginga - Blazar
Donbrothers
GS Sho, Dogengers S1-4
When in doubt,
eijiman
IXA

Post by eijiman »

Ashki wrote: He said he had his reasons for possessing Alain, and that it would prove useful... I believe him. Some very obvious possibilities:

Spoiler
1. Alain is no longer an eyecon, so aving one in him might get him past some security measures.
2. As an eyecon that's connected to Demia, yet in control, Onari has an insider's persective of the project, and can direct Alain to the central processor. As he's not in his physical body, Alain can protect him without having to think about it. After all, nothing worse than a civilian in the middle of a battle, because you have to split your attention and tactics to protecting them WHILE ddefeating the enemy.

Onari, like Sennin, is a character meant to hide the real person underneath. We've seen hints that Onari's a lot more than a simple clown, but he hides his dark past with levity and by acting the fool - just as Sennin hides his real identity as Edith by playing the fool. The writing was better this episode, although still far from perfect... but hopefully this final plot arc will increase, raather than decrease, in quality.
I hope so, but i think it will be the classic, "You are helpful by being who you are" episode. To me he is going in the stereotypical way this episodes go, he used the contacts to be smart like Akari and Sennin, didn't work out. After that he posseses Alain to be strong like the fighters, Won't work out. At most my hopes are that after that he realises what's his true potential is, and stops acting like a clown.
darkmage02
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Kamen Rider 555
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Ryuki
Dreamy: Miu from Fourze
Favorite Band: The GazettE
Alignment: Chaotic Evil
My boom: DIGIMON!
Quote: I devour your dreams as I watch you despair.

Post by darkmage02 »

5 more days... I wonder will each day translate into 1 episode each.

The episode in general is pretty alright, it's more of a build-up episode than anything. I really hope Onari has a plan and not just randomly possessing Alain for the sake of it.

I know this episode is to launch Demia into our minds again but to introduce characters that we will soon forget about (the possessed kid) at this stage of the show seems redundant. I would rather Akari be the center of the Demia plot, given how much she antagonises Igor.

Damn it Bills. Who's side are you really on again? I really can't tell.

We're so close to the finale, can we just drop the Onari antics already? It's the only thing that is just consistently bad in Ghost.

Ahhh what would I give to have Aria trade places with Adel in that naked scene lol. How awkward it must be for poor Igor...

I wonder why Adel cared so much about Makoto though to the point of creating all those clones to attack him. Makoto is a lesser threat compared to Takeru. Unless he has big plans for those clones.

Rating: 3/5
Complete. Start Up. 3. 2. 1. Time Out. Reformation.

Return to “Kamen Rider Ghost”