Kaigan KR Ghost 44

G-g-ghosts?!
Forum rules
Kamen Rider Ghost Wiki Link

< Drive | Ghost | Ex-Aid >

Spoiler rules: No posting information about unreleased stuff. Preview and movie promo discussion must be in marked spoiler tags.

Ratings

Poll ended at Sat Aug 27, 2016 7:58 pm

☆☆☆☆☆
20%
☆☆☆☆
10%
☆☆☆
35%
☆☆
15%
20%

Total votes: 20
Shurikenger108

Re: Kaigan KR Ghost 44

Post by Shurikenger108 »

eijiman wrote:Just like I said also, it was the "I wanted to be smart, failed I wanted to be strong, failed" cliche, but the funny thing is, even they could not tell what onari is good for, he is as worthless as everybody thinks.

I really hope that in Ex-aid they make better support characters, I dont expect Kuuga, but something better than this would be a good.
Agree. They could not find anything helpful comes from Onari. I was looking forward to seeing Akari or Takeru says something good about him, but the only reason Akari said was "Because we are a team" :?
mholden020
Gabu
Favorite series: Garo
Favorite Band: Avenged Sevenfold
Quote: "Never think that success is down to your own performance alone. If you start listening only to yourself you take the first step back towards the bottom. The flowers of victory belong in many vases."
-Michael Schumacher
Type: INFJ Counselor

Post by mholden020 »

ViRGE wrote:
Go-On Macaroni wrote:
When was Takeru shown to be good with computers, though? It made sense that it was Akari doing it since it fit with her being a sciency tech person.
But you don't need to be good with computers. In this case you just need to make all of the equipment blow up. :P
Exactly...or just pull the power plug out of the wall
Completed Series:
-Kamen Rider: Agito, Ryuki, 555, Blade, Hibiki, Kabuto, Den-O, Kiva, Decade, W, Fourze, OOO, Wizard, Gaim, Drive
-Sentai: Jetman, Dairanger, Deka --> Zyuohger
RyuShinEX
Go Go!

Post by RyuShinEX »

Lunagel wrote:
ViRGE wrote:Freya and Frey? I feel like I've missed something here.
They're in the Rider Damashii web series and their actual purpose is pretty vague. I was assuming they were characters for that series only so having them pop up in the main storyline is a) bloody stupid and b) hideously confusing if you haven't seen the web series, which I assume is most children.

where do I follow the news if a KR/SS series will have a web series?
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Post by Lunagel »

RyuShinEX wrote:
Lunagel wrote:
They're in the Rider Damashii web series and their actual purpose is pretty vague. I was assuming they were characters for that series only so having them pop up in the main storyline is a) bloody stupid and b) hideously confusing if you haven't seen the web series, which I assume is most children.

where do I follow the news if a KR/SS series will have a web series?
Well there are multiple toku news sites and we did release all episodes of the web series last month.
Mxylv
The Eyes in the Skies
The Eyes in the Skies
Favorite series: Ultraman Nexus
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Gaim
Favorite Actor?: Daisuke Terai
Favorite Band: GaGaalinG
Alignment: Neutral Good
Quote: Where wisdom and valor fail, all that remains is faith. And it can overcome all.

Post by Mxylv »

In my opinion, this would be a much better episode if I knew what was going on. Why's Beethoven popping up in the kid's memories? What's that disk thing all those hexagons turned into? What was that odd place the disk thing's going to?

Another thing I would have liked was prior emotional attachment to the characters in peril. Takeru reading Hiroki's mother's memories seems sort of slapped on with no reason other than to serve as a flashback later in the same episode, and there's almost no connection between the audience and Hiroki beyond a kid being in trouble.

The second half really feels like a different episode to me. I think it'd have been a lot neater if they kept Bill's involvement in Demia secret; we could've had a really big plot twist there. I'm also not sure what's with the center of Demia/the big battle taking place inside a church. Maybe they thought it looked cool? Or maybe there was some intentional imagery with Ghost's "god" omega drive or Adel trying to make himself a god? Not quite sure what to think of that. At several points I found myself wanting to like the episode, but it suffers from the same issue as with several other episodes: good concept, not so great execution.
Watching:
Kamen Rider Kuuga, Gotchard

Watched:
KR W, Gaim, Ghost - Build, Geats
Ultraman '66, Leo, Great, Nexus - U7X, Ginga - Blazar
Donbrothers
GS Sho, Dogengers S1-4
When in doubt,
Cyborg-Lucario
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Black/Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Fourze/Gokaiger
Dreamy: Garou (Ookami Blue)
Alignment: Lawful Neutral
Type: INFJ Counselor

Post by Cyborg-Lucario »

This was an ok episode. I did find it fun, but it was just an ok episode. Though to be honest so did I like that they didn't stop the Dema project that easily and that the final battle will happen next episode. If it wasn't for the fact that Ghost will have six more episodes.

I didn't watch the web videos because I thought they were just a side thing and not important to the show itself, but I guess I was wrong.
A cyborg pokémon who may or may not be a Kamen Rider.
Go-On Macaroni
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top
Type: INFP Healer

Post by Go-On Macaroni »

Mxylv wrote: I'm also not sure what's with the center of Demia/the big battle taking place inside a church. Maybe they thought it looked cool? Or maybe there was some intentional imagery with Ghost's "god" omega drive or Adel trying to make himself a god?
Probably because it looked cool, I don't think one needs to really look into it. It's like wondering why lots of Toei fights take place in a rock quarry.
ViRGE wrote:But you don't need to be good with computers. In this case you just need to make all of the equipment blow up. :P
I guess. xP
darkmage02
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Kamen Rider 555
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Ryuki
Dreamy: Miu from Fourze
Favorite Band: The GazettE
Alignment: Chaotic Evil
My boom: DIGIMON!
Quote: I devour your dreams as I watch you despair.

Post by darkmage02 »

The built-up towards the finale in Ghost is seriously terrible. 6 episodes left (4 in the main story, last 2 presumably Ex-Aid crossover) and I still don't feel the sense of adrenaline or urgency or excitement whatsoever in the plot. Drive had terrible episodes here and there but the built-up towards the finale was epic and quite breathtaking. Ghost pales so much in comparison (no pun intended).

One of the worst ways to tear down and weaken a climatic plot is to introduce characters audiences won't give two shits about. Hiroki is just another kid in trouble,that will never be seen or heard of after his two episode arc. So much focus went to saving the kid, while the revelation of what Demia actually is and the danger it holds was badly executed. Not only does it not give much sense of peril, but how the characters dealt with it seems lackadaisical. "Oh look! It's a soul-drawing technology! Let's stand and watch while these totally non-threatening guards hold us back!".

And as much as the writer tries to make us feel for Onari, I really can't. His act is both rash and stupid, putting the lives of everyone else in danger for his own gratification. It's understandable where he comes from, but I'm disappointed his character didn't grow to the extent that he is able to see past his doubt on his own abilities. As the series progresses, Akari grew tremendously but Onari is still the same buffoon as when we first saw him.

While Igor has annoyed us for a good part of the series, I'm disappointed with the way he was defeated. I feel that there will be much more satisfaction to have him been taken as a joke for the most part only to come out as a cunning, manipulative megalomaniac and become an actual threat. To have his eyecon smacked away by Onari's slipper, slapped by Akari (that part was good tho) and then got his ass handed so easily was just disappointing for me.

I like the little twist in that Adel swoops in and becomes the centre of Demia. For a project that was shrouded in mystery since its inception 30 or so episodes ago, I don't want it to get resolved in a quick 5-min battle.

I am really wanting Ghost to just be over.

Rating: 2/5

* Notes of interest

- Kanon got reduced to a non-speaking masseur. Good job in making sure she's still there but forgotten.

- Aria gets force choked and knocked out. What even... as if making her a nagging bystander isn't bad enough.

- What did Sennin actually do/contribute again in this episode?

- Yurusen started off as a mocking aide to Takeru, appearing alongside him in fights. Can we at least get that again since we're so close to the finale? Make him useful ffs.
Complete. Start Up. 3. 2. 1. Time Out. Reformation.
eijiman
IXA

Post by eijiman »

About the whole Kanon being silent, i think it's the best choice. Like darkmage02 said, it feels like the writers are wanting us to feel for Onari. Which in my opinion is like if they were trying to convince us that we are wrong and Onari is a good character, instead of trying to make him a good character. So yeah, for me it would be much better if he went silent also as it is too late now to improve them, so the best option is to reduce them to props.
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Post by Lunagel »

eijiman wrote:About the whole Kanon being silent, i think it's the best choice. Like darkmage02 said, it feels like the writers are wanting us to feel for Onari. Which in my opinion is like if they were trying to convince us that we are wrong and Onari is a good character, instead of trying to make him a good character. So yeah, for me it would be much better if he went silent also as it is too late now to improve them, so the best option is to reduce them to props.
I gotta disagree here. Don't have useless characters who take up screen space and show time, kick them out. It's easy to get rid of a character (Kaon goes back to school and Makoti tearfully sees her off because he loves her but she'll be safe and happy elsewhere, there, done, send me my check) and you can always bring them back for a cameo. Ghost wastes too much time on superfluous characters it doesn't need and then adds more. Get rid of a couple and everyone profits.
ViRGE
Save the life

Post by ViRGE »

Lunagel wrote:
eijiman wrote:About the whole Kanon being silent, i think it's the best choice. Like darkmage02 said, it feels like the writers are wanting us to feel for Onari. Which in my opinion is like if they were trying to convince us that we are wrong and Onari is a good character, instead of trying to make him a good character. So yeah, for me it would be much better if he went silent also as it is too late now to improve them, so the best option is to reduce them to props.
I gotta disagree here. Don't have useless characters who take up screen space and show time, kick them out. It's easy to get rid of a character (Kaon goes back to school and Makoti tearfully sees her off because he loves her but she'll be safe and happy elsewhere, there, done, send me my check) and you can always bring them back for a cameo. Ghost wastes too much time on superfluous characters it doesn't need and then adds more. Get rid of a couple and everyone profits.
The frustrating thing being that they were able to do just that for Cubi and the other Ganma...
Go-On Macaroni
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top

Post by Go-On Macaroni »

darkmage02 wrote:Hiroki is just another kid in trouble,that will never be seen or heard of after his two episode arc.

much focus went to saving the kid,

You new to toku or somet'ing? Besides, there was a kid in the first cour of Ghost too; so uh, kind of a little late to complain on that front there.
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

Beethoven coming in with the clutch save. For some reason he's my favourite hero in this series so it was nice that he could stop Igors music bullshit.

And Onari was useless again. What a surprise.
Yaiba
Sentai Senshi
Favorite series: Dekaranger, Gokaiger, Magiranger, Shinkenger, Kyouryuuger, Kuuga

Post by Yaiba »

Go-On Macaroni wrote:You new to toku or somet'ing? Besides, there was a kid in the first cour of Ghost too; so uh, kind of a little late to complain on that front there.
You missed the rest of his post. He's talking about the built-up towards the finale.

Having a kid where no one cares in a series is fine. Having a kid where no one cares in a build up to a finale is not. The series right now should be spending time to build up a sense of urgency for the viewers, keeping people adrenaline running because shit will hit the fan in the next episode, that would lead to a epic climatic finale battle, not spending a whole lot of time on a random kid. If his peril drag on to the end of the series and need Takeru to kill the final boss to save him, then maybe its fine, but his crisis ended here and he will never to be seen again.

Right now, in a series with a few episodes left, the series should be focusing on the plot, something Ghost seems to forgot a lot of the time, and not introducing random characters where viewers don't give a damn about.
Go-On Macaroni
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top

Post by Go-On Macaroni »

Yaiba wrote:You missed the rest of his post. He's talking about the built-up towards the finale.
Yeah, I saw he had more but it was hard to look past the superficialness of complaining over a kid in a toku. =V
I had more of a reply thought up but if this is the bar that we're gonna be arguing over, it's not worth it and I have better things to do.

Return to “Kamen Rider Ghost”