Kaigan KR Ghost 47

G-g-ghosts?!
Forum rules
Kamen Rider Ghost Wiki Link

< Drive | Ghost | Ex-Aid >

Spoiler rules: No posting information about unreleased stuff. Preview and movie promo discussion must be in marked spoiler tags.

Ratings

Poll ended at Sat Sep 17, 2016 8:25 pm

☆☆☆☆☆
6%
☆☆☆☆
38%
☆☆☆
38%
☆☆
6%
13%

Total votes: 16
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Kaigan KR Ghost 47

Post by takenoko »

<Previous Ep
Wiki Article
Next Ep>

Last week's poll rating:n 3.54 / 5 (13 votes)
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Re: Kaigan KR Ghost 47

Post by Lunagel »

Okay, so Adel killed Takeru's dad. Alright, I'll bite. Why? What reason could he have for killing Ryuu? Because he had the monolith and was making the Eyecons? But the Saionji dude had the eyecons too. I mean, there are definite reasons to kill Ryuu, my main problem is THEY DIDN'T GIVE ONE. Was it just a whim? How the hell did his dad die anyway? I thought it was like a monster or something? Wouldn't Takeru remember the guy who killed his dad?

In the beginning, this series had a pretty interesting premise and the Eyecons were pretty cool with the borrowing historical/fictional figures' powers. They really could have done something with that towards the end, but somewhere after Grateful it went entirely off the rails. I don't know if the lack of main writer for 10 episodes was the primary cause or if they just never thought this through, but it is really all over the place, and it shows in the actor's performances as well. They've realized this is a crap KR series and probably won't be remembered well, so they're already looking for new stuff. I will say though, at least Onari, Akari and Gramps' actors are trying, they're the only ones with semi-decent performances.

For a second-to-last ep (assuming they do another two-parter intro ep unrelated to the main plot like with Wizard and Drive), this is super weak. There's no buildup, no payoff, no sense of finality, just "eh, let's go get him again and maybe this time that life thing will stick to Takeru". Ex-Aid had better be fucking amazing.
Go-On Macaroni
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top
Type: INFP Healer

Post by Go-On Macaroni »

Lunagel wrote:But the Saionji dude had the eyecons too.
Wouldn't Takeru remember the guy who killed his dad?
Saionji was partnered with Alain during the research (You can see during Hero Alain 1 that he was kinda double-agenting it, helping Alain and showing stuff to Ryuu) so, it might have made no sense for Adel to kill someone on their side of the Ganma shindig. It's not like he was Adonis or Aria.

As for Adel, it's liable no one noticed him due to him being ghost-fizzy when we saw the flashback.
Pics relevant: http://imgur.com/a/rm3QX
mholden020
Gabu
Favorite series: Garo
Favorite Band: Avenged Sevenfold
Quote: "Never think that success is down to your own performance alone. If you start listening only to yourself you take the first step back towards the bottom. The flowers of victory belong in many vases."
-Michael Schumacher
Type: INFJ Counselor

Post by mholden020 »

Lunagel wrote:Okay, so Adel killed Takeru's dad. Alright, I'll bite. Why? What reason could he have for killing Ryuu? Because he had the monolith and was making the Eyecons? But the Saionji dude had the eyecons too. I mean, there are definite reasons to kill Ryuu, my main problem is THEY DIDN'T GIVE ONE.
They probably just needed a reason to play that kickass "DUN DUN DUNNNNNNNNNN" music clip they spent money on.

I can't believe I'm saying this after it came out of the gates swinging, but Ghost's ending has fallen extremely flat for me. Too many story branches crammed into too few episodes and this last bit is jumbled, even confusing sometimes. The preview for the next episode had "final" in it a lot, and instead of wondering how Takeru will solve a million problems all at once, I was thinking "Just kick his ass and let's move on to Ex-Aid." It's like running a marathon and setting a record pace but falling and twisting your ankle 20 feet from the finish line.

The worst part is the Makotos. We saw about 50 of them a few times, yet there's only one that seems to matter and I have no effing idea what they were doing in this episode. Also, someone at Toei needs to learn the "tennis ball on a stick" method of using one actor for multiple roles. In the cemetery scene, one Makoto was looking in the right direction while the other Makoto was staring off into space.

Yurusen's plus ninja outfit (and the little shuriken) was the best part of this episode by far.
Completed Series:
-Kamen Rider: Agito, Ryuki, 555, Blade, Hibiki, Kabuto, Den-O, Kiva, Decade, W, Fourze, OOO, Wizard, Gaim, Drive
-Sentai: Jetman, Dairanger, Deka --> Zyuohger
ViRGE
Save the life

Post by ViRGE »

This episode was a definite improvement from last week's. Still, it's suffering from Ghost's general issues, and the endgame scenario has its own problems.

Meanwhile, I know everyone is afraid that next week is the last episode, but I greatly doubt it. The teasers for the series finale tend to be more explicit, and more importantly, it's explicitly stated towards the end that Takeru has 2 days left. I don't think the writers would be throwing that in if the next episode was the last. So the writers still have another episode to setup the endgame before they need to blow our socks off with the finale.
Lunagel wrote:Okay, so Adel killed Takeru's dad. Alright, I'll bite. Why? What reason could he have for killing Ryuu? Because he had the monolith and was making the Eyecons? But the Saionji dude had the eyecons too. I mean, there are definite reasons to kill Ryuu, my main problem is THEY DIDN'T GIVE ONE. Was it just a whim? How the hell did his dad die anyway? I thought it was like a monster or something? Wouldn't Takeru remember the guy who killed his dad?
More to the point, was "who killed Ryuu" ever a real mystery that we cared about? We know it was the Ganma, is the audience supposed to care which one? And furthermore, is it something that Takeru cared about? He's never shown interest in specifically who killed Ryuu before. So to have a heroic BSOD here feels unearned.

Things also unearned: any audience sense of remorse with Aria. She hasn't done anything all season, and now she's been zombified. I get that she's supposed to represent Adel's conscious - and that she's a supporting character to the big bad, who himself is not a main character - but still, it's hard to get worked up over her fate when she's mostly been furniture.:| But at least I've finally realized why she doesn't run off when Adel isn't home: those two pylons are force field pylons, like the ones that were holding Adonis in.

Meanwhile on the plus side, I see the writers have finally admitted Yurusen is a worthless, annoying character. Vindication!:D Now if only the luminaries would stop trolling Takeru. And random movie tie-in is random.

A final thought: given the current state of matters, Takeru should really be working on his bucket list. He's only (semi) corporeal for another 2 days...
I don't know if the lack of main writer for 10 episodes was the primary cause or if they just never thought this through, but it is really all over the place, and it shows in the actor's performances as well. They've realized this is a crap KR series and probably won't be remembered well, so they're already looking for new stuff. I will say though, at least Onari, Akari and Gramps' actors are trying, they're the only ones with semi-decent performances.
I dunno. Takeru is meant to be mopey right now. Otherwise I don't have any complaints?
Rifaz
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Post by Rifaz »

Well... Sennin as White Ghost was great.
"There was a ticking time bomb strapped to her chest... That's why she has a dynamite body!!" - Amakusa Shino
Shurikenger108

Post by Shurikenger108 »

Why does Japanese love seeing old man jokes so much?
And the best part in this episode is Makoto and his doppelganger. I'm fine with his doppelganger turning good now, but what about the pain Makoto got everytime he killed his dop? It seems like they are not going to explain that this time.
The worst part? Giving Adel killed Ryuu for no reason.
eijiman
IXA

Post by eijiman »

This was a great episode, for let's say, half the series, but as the final episodes it is not good enough.

Something that really made me laugh was the "Y'know, we are no-good characters that irritated everyone from the beggining" is kinda like if the writers were admiting their faults, or maybe they are just mocking people?

There is something i've been wondering from some time, why does Alains accent sounds so different?

In the CM, on the aquiles ad, was that Chris Peppler's (Krim Steinbelt) voice?
Eternal_Winterbane
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Go-Busters
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral

Post by Eternal_Winterbane »

This week has been an interesting one in terms of impact, we have an admittedly great Sentai episode that flowed rather well and then we had this...Ok I get the whole "Everyone is connected" thing, it's understandable and relevant to the countdown. But for the love of Ichigo, Adel killed your father Takeru the guy is beyond saving (even that brief look of concern from Adel was too late).

Doppleganger high jinks have become stale and boring, hey writers if you are going to do this both look alike and sound alike thing, give us the viewers some hint as to which is which otherwise
Spoiler
the scene in the next episode is meaningless! because there are two now identical idots in blue

Gramps..just why...D Ghost had no dam purpose here other than "Hey that movie we made is in cannon to a point" but the 4th wall breaking made it funny.

In the end I am forcing myself through this even though i keep screaming at the tv. I hope Ex-aid is better when the end game comes around if i can make it that far without going back to Japan to slap Toei in the face for being stupid.
Ashki
Mega
Favorite series: no such thing
Dreamy: Mele
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral

Post by Ashki »

Kanon: I'll help! (four hours later) Akari-san, please do your best.
Akari:Why didn't you say that four hours ago instead of waiting until I'm almost done? Thanks. Move over for a second. When she said "help", I should've known she'd just be a cute paperweight.

Makoto: This is my problem.

Onari: I have not disciplined myself enough, it cannot be helped.

Takeru: I'm sorry.

Aria: I am now a mindless sex doll, just to further frustrate the audience who want me to henshin and not see my creepy brother getting naked in front of me again.
Adel: This is for the best

Yurusen: Y'know, we're just no-good characters who only irritated people from the start; should we be doing this?

Yep! This entire series was summed up in just a few lines...
Fave | Least Fave Series so far
KR: AgitΩ or Zero-One | Drive
SS: unsure | Maskman
UM: Nexus | Ultra Q
Sentai: Akiballion: Battlemaids of Akihabara | Buddha Man
Other Toku: possibly Shinigami no Ballad | probably Sci-Rop
Go-On Macaroni
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top

Post by Go-On Macaroni »

Ashki wrote:Yep! This entire series was summed up in just a few lines...
I think you guys are the only ones with some (kinda creepy, let's be real) insistence on wanting to see Aria naked, I doubt Toei cares as much.
Phoenix512
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top

Post by Phoenix512 »

We probably seen more naked men ass in Toku than we have women at this point.
resop2
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Shabon 5
2nd Favorite Series: Treasure 5

Post by resop2 »

^
Making me flash back to Hibiki .... (brrr)

Yeah, Toku shows are not magical girl shows so don't expect a lot of female fan service (when they henshi). (However, Magical Science Girl Akari would be cool.)
Mxylv
Humongous
Favorite series: Ultraman Nexus
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Gaim
Favorite Actor?: Daisuke Terai
Favorite Band: GaGaalinG
Alignment: Neutral Good
Quote: Where wisdom and valor fail, all that remains is faith. And it can overcome all.

Post by Mxylv »

I actually liked Adel having killed Takeru's dad, despite it being shoehorned in for the sake of a "now it's personal" moment; admittedly they needed to give a reason, but it worked as an effective, unexpected twist (unlike the Sennin=Edith reveal). That said, the episode was a bit marred by the occasional comic relief from Onari (who's supposed to be taken seriously by this point), continued general uselessness from Aria, and no explanation on how Makoto got a Ghost Driver (after he mentions that he "heard about" the luminaries). Other than that, I liked most of the scenes with Makoto; it's great that they decided to save up the big "which one's real" fight until this episode, and we still don't know for sure which one's actually with Takeru and the others.
Watching:
Kamen Rider Kuuga, Gotchard

Watched:
KR W, Gaim, Ghost - Build, Geats
Ultraman '66, Leo, Great, Nexus - U7X, Ginga - Blazar
Donbrothers
GS Sho, HwTM, Dogengers S1-4
When in doubt,
Go-On Macaroni
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top

Post by Go-On Macaroni »

Mxylv wrote: and no explanation on how Makoto got a Ghost Driver (after he mentions that he "heard about" the luminaries).
They did explain that, though; there's a scene where we see a flashback of Child Makoto getting a Ghost Driver and Eyecon from Sage Edith. There was no infodump, sure, but they did attempt to cover that. (I believe it was in the episode where everyone was getting mad at Sage; Makoto being all "No, I understand, he saved me when I was younger!" or around those lines).

Return to “Kamen Rider Ghost”