KR Ex-Aid 09 released

Aids forever!
Forum rules

Kamen Rider Ex-Aid Wiki Link

< Ghost | Ex-Aid | Build >

Spoiler rules: No posting information about unreleased stuff. Preview and movie promo discussion must be in marked spoiler tags.

Ratings

Poll ended at Sun Dec 18, 2016 3:57 am

☆☆☆☆☆
32%
☆☆☆☆
20%
☆☆☆
20%
☆☆
24%
4%

Total votes: 25
Kamen Rider Gumo
Faiz
Favorite series: Zyuranger
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Kabuto
Dreamy: Reiko Chiba
Favorite Actor?: Takaiwa Seiji
Favorite Band: Twisted Sister
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: DragonBall Z
Quote: "Tell my tale to those who ask. Tell it truly - the ill deeds, along with the good - and let me be judged accordingly. The rest...is silence..."
Type: ENTJ Fieldmarshal

Re: KR Ex-Aid 09 released

Post by Kamen Rider Gumo »

Jehal wrote:I don't think he should've been able to use Hiiro's sword without the Taddle Quest Gashat.

The Gashat was in the sword. Hiiro had put it in there in order to use his finisher, then Emu fell down next to him and decided to snag it, Gashat and all.
Alessar
Salami Commander
Favorite series: Garo
2nd Favorite Series: Nexus
Favorite Actor?: Konishi Ryousei
My boom: K-Dramas
Type: INFP Healer

Post by Alessar »

Man I feel like I need to rewatch the recent Kamen Rider Amazon for something that well, makes sense.
Jehal
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Dekaranger
2nd Favorite Series: Ryuki

Post by Jehal »

Kamen Rider Gumo wrote:
Jehal wrote:I don't think he should've been able to use Hiiro's sword without the Taddle Quest Gashat.

The Gashat was in the sword. Hiiro had put it in there in order to use his finisher, then Emu fell down next to him and decided to snag it, Gashat and all.
Okay, I missed that part. Thank you.
Completed Series

Rider: From Kuuga to Drive, and Ex-Aid to Zi-O
Next Up: Ghost

Sentai: Zyuranger, Kakuranger, From Dekaranger to ToQGer, and Kyuuranger to Ryusoulger
Next Up: Ninninger
tr0jance
Infinity
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Fourze
2nd Favorite Series: Gokaiger
Dreamy: Mayuko Arisue
Favorite Band: Loaded Diaper
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Imagination
Quote: (silently fades in shadows)

Post by tr0jance »

Ehh? Where is level 4?
Cyborg-Lucario
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Black/Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Fourze/Gokaiger
Dreamy: Garou (Ookami Blue)
Alignment: Lawful Neutral
Type: INFJ Counselor

Post by Cyborg-Lucario »

tr0jance wrote:Ehh? Where is level 4?
4 is an unlucky number in Japan. At least I guess that's why they decided to skip 4, like Momotaros with his finishers.
A cyborg pokémon who may or may not be a Kamen Rider.
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Post by Lunagel »

Cyborg-Lucario wrote:
4 is an unlucky number in Japan. At least I guess that's why they decided to skip 4, like Momotaros with his finishers.
It's not that unlucky. It's more funny that way anyway
nanamarfo
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Ex-Aid
2nd Favorite Series: Gaim
Dreamy: Yuki Jojima
Favorite Band: RIDER CHIPS
Quote: "My life is burning bright!" -Takeru Tenkuji

Post by nanamarfo »

I really don't see the hate for this episode.

So Emu is dead. Is this going lead to another Blade type of situation?

Dan seems to be a double agent... but I know that might be me.

I like Emu fighting his feelings and motivations.

The humour is FORCED at this point. Either do it right or get rid of it.

Dragon Knight Hunter Z, an interesting form. But why the patterns?

Overall, nice episode. Also when you see it, this will be either incredibly smart or amazingly stupid. I think the former.

-snip-
Last edited by Lunagel on Fri Dec 09, 2016 5:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: form spoilers are not allowed
NOMarfo
njb
Strongest Brave
Strongest Brave
Favorite series: Timeranger
2nd Favorite Series: Fourze

Post by njb »

Cyborg-Lucario wrote:
I don't think it's because it is unlucky. Probably because they want to skip the numbers for the future forms. After all, a Level 7 final form doesn't seem "cool" to the kids, compared to maybe Level 100 or Level 1000 or something

Also, I'm not completely sold on the "Emu is dead" thing the episode is saying. It's too blatant. And it still doesn't explain why Emu can transform.
Watching:
- SS Kiramei, Deka, Ninnin
- KR Saber
Finished:
- SS Time, Shinken to Toq, Jyuoh to Ryusoul
- KR Decade to Zero-One
Jehal
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Dekaranger
2nd Favorite Series: Ryuki

Post by Jehal »

njb wrote:
Cyborg-Lucario wrote:
I don't think it's because it is unlucky. Probably because they want to skip the numbers for the future forms. After all, a Level 7 final form doesn't seem "cool" to the kids, compared to maybe Level 100 or Level 1000 or something

Also, I'm not completely sold on the "Emu is dead" thing the episode is saying. It's too blatant. And it still doesn't explain why Emu can transform.
The way things are said, it could be that Emu was never in danger and didn't need surgery. He may have been a test subject for the compatibility surgery. I could potentially get behind that.
Completed Series

Rider: From Kuuga to Drive, and Ex-Aid to Zi-O
Next Up: Ghost

Sentai: Zyuranger, Kakuranger, From Dekaranger to ToQGer, and Kyuuranger to Ryusoulger
Next Up: Ninninger
Victormaru
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: GARO
2nd Favorite Series: Gokaiger
Dreamy: Kaoru
Favorite Actor?: Mika Hijii
Favorite Band: m-flo
Alignment: Lawful Neutral
My boom: GARO
Quote: In the end, I am Eternal.

Post by Victormaru »

I had to pause immediately after seeing Emu use Sanwa OBSF 30mm pushbuttons and a Sanwa JLF-TP-8YT joystick to control medical equipment. You could literally play Street Fighter with that thing. Maybe this is how they really operate in Japanese hospitals, LOL.

Also, I wonder how the whole four-player co-op thing is going to work for Monster Hunter. Are there going to be three more Gashats for it or what? That's kind of interesting.

takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

Oh yeah, that shot also took me out of the moment. I remember feeling pretty annoyed since I hadn't noticed it before the close up before.
astonwave

Post by astonwave »

Guys.. I'm sorry. I can't anymore with ExAid. They switch back and forth between the serious and goofy shit so much I wind up getting whiplash. At least Jyuohger tends to balance their crazy shit out. This is just.. no. I'm done. I told myself I'd give it at least 10 episodes, but I can't. Between Poppy and those stupid looking deformed suits. And to be honest, I kinda feel like they're making fun of gamers instead of paying homage to gaming. You guys can continue on with watching it, but I'll wait 'til next year.
chcoman123
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Double
My boom: Vidya Gams
Quote: Saa, omae no tsumi o kazoero! - Kamen Rider Double

Post by chcoman123 »

astonwave wrote:And to be honest, I kinda feel like they're making fun of gamers instead of paying homage to gaming.
Gotta say I agree here. Same goes for doctoring too. It's like the writers haven't even seen a single video game in their entire life, nor have they even done a little research into what it means to be a doctor. The "game" aspect of this show just borders on parody and ridiculous at times (the giant "A" and "B" buttons on the weapons and the arcade-styled controls for operating the equipment), and it's the BAD kind of parody, where instead of tribute, they just want to make fun of it.

Oh and apparently the source of all sickness, disease and general illness in the world is stress. Because of course it. Do they even know what the hell they're talking about?
astonwave

Post by astonwave »

chcoman123 wrote:
astonwave wrote:And to be honest, I kinda feel like they're making fun of gamers instead of paying homage to gaming.
Gotta say I agree here. Same goes for doctoring too. It's like the writers haven't even seen a single video game in their entire life, nor have they even done a little research into what it means to be a doctor. The "game" aspect of this show just borders on parody and ridiculous at times (the giant "A" and "B" buttons on the weapons and the arcade-styled controls for operating the equipment), and it's the BAD kind of parody, where instead of tribute, they just want to make fun of it.

Oh and apparently the source of all sickness, disease and general illness in the world is stress. Because of course it. Do they even know what the hell they're talking about?
Oh thank god I wasn't the only one that felt like this. ExAid isn't even an affectionate parody at this point. At this point, it's just downright annoying. I don't mind the funny stuff in my shows, but when it's on a constant basis, I just don't want to bother with it anymore.
Go-On Macaroni
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top

Post by Go-On Macaroni »

astonwave wrote:Guys.. I'm sorry. I can't anymore with ExAid. They switch back and forth between the serious and goofy shit so much I wind up getting whiplash. At least Jyuohger tends to balance their crazy shit out.
They do? Jyuohger's the same show that cut its drama short at times just so Misao could have more OTT meltdowns; I'd say it's just as bad.
chcoman123 wrote: As proof, just look at the sheer number of fight scenes. It's ridiculous how many forms, and how much battling and Rider V. Rider fights that goes on.
Oh believe me, I've griped over how many dang fights there are. xP

Return to “Kamen Rider Ex-Aid”