KR Ex-Aid 16 released

Aids forever!
Forum rules

Kamen Rider Ex-Aid Wiki Link

< Ghost | Ex-Aid | Build >

Spoiler rules: No posting information about unreleased stuff. Preview and movie promo discussion must be in marked spoiler tags.

Ratings

Poll ended at Sun Feb 12, 2017 2:56 am

☆☆☆☆☆
42%
☆☆☆☆
37%
☆☆☆
11%
☆☆
No votes
11%

Total votes: 19
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

KR Ex-Aid 16 released

Post by takenoko »

<Previous Ep
Wiki Article
Next Ep>

Alt title - After M comes N

Last week's poll rating: 4.42 / 5 (19 votes)

Alright episode. I like Taiga a lot more now that Nico is in the picture, and I actually feel like their silliness is kind of amusing without really getting in the way like the other comedy bits in the show? I just wish they'd make Taiga's motivations a bit more clear. That being said, I'm glad they explained that Parado just wants to keep M around so that he has someone to play with. Finally, a clear motivation that's not dumb, and from one of the more fun characters in the show.

Also, I love that Paradox says that game characters have a one-tracked mind, when he himself is pretty one-tracked... and... probably a game character himself. I don't understand what the difference is between the Bugsters though. Why is someone like him and Poppy more human? Are they higher level Bugsters? Why is Poppy not evil?

Still wish they had a better reason for keeping Emu's Game Syndrome a secret or set it up better. It's a fine plot point for having the RIders fight each other, but the setup is so poor.

Looks like Nico's sticking around!
DaVinci030
Space Empire Zangyack
Space Empire Zangyack
Favorite series: 牙狼<GARO>
Alignment: Neutral Good
Instagram: DaVinci030

Re: KR Ex-Aid 16 released

Post by DaVinci030 »

HEY! That's Tekken 7 that Emu and Nico are playing!

Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Post by Lunagel »

I finally figured out why this series is irritating me. A young man who loves games that has an evil spirit trapped inside of him?

It's friggin' Doctor Yu-Gi-Oh.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

So... not Hikaru no Go?
nanamarfo
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Ex-Aid
2nd Favorite Series: Gaim
Dreamy: Yuki Jojima
Favorite Band: RIDER CHIPS
Quote: "My life is burning bright!" -Takeru Tenkuji

Post by nanamarfo »

Enjoyable in it's own right, but next week is
Spoiler
The question of moralty episode.

Also i feel this will be another Blade.
NOMarfo
Jehal
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Dekaranger
2nd Favorite Series: Ryuki

Post by Jehal »

For awhile I've been thinking "Nico is a dumb character." Now if she sticks around for comedic relief, it'll probably be entertaining.
This was a good set-up episode, and confirmed what I said last week about Brave and Snipe performing a Bugster Removal Operation.
I like that Hiiro cares enough to not want to tell Emu the truth, or cause him stress.
In all, gave this episode a 3. Half of it wasn't executed very well.
Completed Series

Rider: From Kuuga to Drive, and Ex-Aid to Zi-O
Next Up: Ghost

Sentai: Zyuranger, Kakuranger, From Dekaranger to ToQGer, and Kyuuranger to Ryusoulger
Next Up: Ninninger
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

Taiga obviously has some deeper motivations, presumably tied to the Zero Day incident, it's just the writing is shit so he is always in 'I''m taking all you gashats' mode.

Which, when Nico forced him to say it was actually kind of funny. She's annoying, but the two of them together works I guess?
ViRGE
Save the life

Post by ViRGE »

Boy, usually when the main rider gets a new form, he gets a few episodes to kick ass. But Ex-Aid is having none of that; Mighty Bros XX got one curbstomp episode, and now we've established that the more powerful Paradox has nothing better to do than beat on Ex-Aid. Meanwhile poor Snipe and Brave are badly outclassed. If this show is going to have this rigid power hierarchy, then Snipe and Brave need power-ups.

And poor Dan. His trump card of a zombie game isn't working out so well; he can't die, but he can't beat Ex-Aid, and his partner who can beat Ex-Aid takes directions about as well as a cat. Paradox being level 50 really throws off the balance for all sides.

Finally, this was another episode with a short intro. The episodes with these shorter intros have all consistently been a minute longer, so it's not as if Toei is using the space for ads. Going back to what I said last week, I increasingly get the impression that the director is being allowed to cut the intro in order to avoid cutting any more content from the episode. This one in particular, it's clear that there was supposed to be a Stage Select for the first fight. So long as this continues to allow for longer episodes, I'm all for it, as I feel like the time is getting put to good use.
Catastrophe wrote:Which, when Nico forced him to say it was actually kind of funny. She's annoying, but the two of them together works I guess?
It works because they paired up the character personalities well. Taiga is the man with a plan; he's not necessarily calm and collected, but he has something specific he wants to do. Which is why Nico works so well; she leaves him completely flummoxed. He can deal with bugsters and he can deal with Ex-Aid - so he's still very much a threat - but what the heck is he supposed to do with the girl? He's not going to hurt her, and in fact they almost get along since they both want Ex-Aid/Emu defeated for different reasons, but she gets in way of his plan, and there's not a damn thing he can do to stop her. :P

Actually, now that I think of it, it's a bit like Ghost with Makoto and Kanon; you have this kid sister character running around, except whereas Kanon brought nothing to the table, Nico is aggressive and has her own goals.
takenoko wrote:I don't understand what the difference is between the Bugsters though. Why is someone like him and Poppy more human? Are they higher level Bugsters? Why is Poppy not evil?
Hmm. Is Parado a Bugster? I guess he'd have to be since he can transform. But otherwise he hasn't behaved like a Bugster. That's definitely a good point and is something the characters should be asking, even if the show is likely saving the answer to that for later-on.
Draccy
7X
Favorite series: One Piece
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider
Dreamy: Nico Robin
Favorite Actor?: Liam Neeson
Favorite Band: T-Pistonz+KMC
My boom: Kamen Rider

Post by Draccy »

For a little bit I was thinking Taiga might be the next on the chopping block, but now, maybe not... or he'll just stay alive longer.
Anyway, another solid 4 for me; and another cold open... huh.

Emu was the only one to ever beat Nico, so she's grudged the entire time, but still makes a crap ton of money. Cool.
Dan's throw everything off the table moment was at the end... why? Should have been a little earlier in that scene.

Spoiler
Next episode looks to be another halfsies thing like the Christmas episode. Jokey jokey with the Level 4 product placement, and then more Bugster empowered Emu.
Philip Aldraine
Kamen Knight
Alignment: Lawful Neutral
Quote: Koko kara wa ore no sutēji da!

Post by Philip Aldraine »

Nice. Another short intro which means things are getting better I hope.

I enjoy how Parad just kills off Revol Bugster and Kuroto's mad at him. That was funny to me and now Kuroto probably hates Parad for killing him.
Currently Watching: Ex-Aid, Kyuranger.

'Once you've seen the light, you can never go back to the darkness!'
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

ViRGE wrote:
takenoko wrote:I don't understand what the difference is between the Bugsters though. Why is someone like him and Poppy more human? Are they higher level Bugsters? Why is Poppy not evil?
Hmm. Is Parado a Bugster? I guess he'd have to be since he can transform. But otherwise he hasn't behaved like a Bugster. That's definitely a good point and is something the characters should be asking, even if the show is likely saving the answer to that for later-on.
Huh, I just assumed. The guy certainly doesn't feel like he's human? Maybe he'll have a cool backstory, but hopefully in a way so that he can remain the lovable Puck that he is.
ViRGE
Save the life

Post by ViRGE »

takenoko wrote:
ViRGE wrote:Hmm. Is Parado a Bugster? I guess he'd have to be since he can transform. But otherwise he hasn't behaved like a Bugster. That's definitely a good point and is something the characters should be asking, even if the show is likely saving the answer to that for later-on.
Huh, I just assumed. The guy certainly doesn't feel like he's human? Maybe he'll have a cool backstory, but hopefully in a way so that he can remain the lovable Puck that he is.
Well we've seen that he has some kind of teleport power, so he's certainly not a bog-standard human. But he also doesn't have a monster form that we've seen, unlike Graphite.

So far all the Bugsters we've seen have been game villains. Perhaps he's a corrupted hero instead? That's the one thing I can think of that sets Poppi apart from all the others.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

I thought about the teleport thing, but we see Dan do it right after too. Maybe it's because they're in the game rather than reality.

Corrupted hero is a good theory.
ViRGE
Save the life

Post by ViRGE »

takenoko wrote:I thought about the teleport thing, but we see Dan do it right after too. Maybe it's because they're in the game rather than reality.

Corrupted hero is a good theory.
That's a good observation, though what I had in mind was that he teleported out on Emu after giving him the Mighty Bros gashat. And that wasn't in a game.
Mandalori
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Dreamy: Koyomi / Rian
Quote: Lost in Thoughts All Alone

Favorite Super Sentai : Goseiger / Kyoryuuger / ToQger / Kyuuranger
Favorite Kamen Rider : Wizard / Gaim / Ex-Aid / Build / Zero-One
Favorite Garo : Yami Wo Terasu Mono / Gold Storm Shou / Kami No Kiba

Post by Mandalori »

That, or when he pretended to be Gemn when Kiriya got his Level 3 form.

Return to “Kamen Rider Ex-Aid”