KyuuRanger Space.01 released

SPACE SQUADRON KITAAA!!!
Forum rules

Uchuu Sentai KyuuRanger Wiki Link

< Jyuohger | KyuuRanger | Lupin VS Pat

Spoiler rules: No posting information about unreleased stuff. Preview and movie promo discussion must be in marked spoiler tags.

Ratings

Poll ended at Sat Feb 25, 2017 7:00 pm

☆☆☆☆☆
47%
☆☆☆☆
29%
☆☆☆
17%
☆☆
3%
3%

Total votes: 59
Skeith
7X
Quote: I'm.....right here.

Re: KyuuRanger Space.01 released

Post by Skeith »

It was good, but it felt a little rushed for me. Like...it feel like it was longer, maybe even a 2-parter but was edited down to 1. It was just 1 quick thing after another with barely time to breath.

And yeah...the "LUCKY" catchphrase is going to get old really fast.
locuas
Crossing a Millennium

Post by locuas »

for those interested, Garou's voice actor is Zoro in One Piece and Hijikata in Gintama.

I have to say, I am not a fan of Lucky not knowing anything about Jark matter. I mean, having someone to explain the basic premise is fine, but it is kinda hard to swallow that he is epxloring the universe and has never, ever, ever heard someone was trying to conquer the galaxy. it's not like this is a minor detail eay to miss.

I mean, it wouldn't be such an issue if they didn't also have him give Gaou a speech about how they must fight for the good of the galaxy and stuff. Dude, you only learned about Jark Matter and the Kyuutamas literally 5 minutes ago, stop acting like you are an expert.

I also feel him becoming a Kyuuranger wasn't earned. Garou became a Kyuuranger as a representation of him recovering his resolve to fight Jark matter that he had lost after witnessing first hand how cruel and terrible they can be and how one can lose everything they once held dear.

From all that i got from this episode, Lucky got his powers because of his unnatural super good luck, which i have no reasons not to believe reality itself wouldn't shift in order to let him survive whatever happens to him.

I don't know, maybe when they give us his backstory (there is no way in hell he one day decided "you know what? i want to see the end of the galaxy" and that's it) it will make more sense.
Draccy
7X
Favorite series: One Piece
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider
Dreamy: Nico Robin
Favorite Actor?: Liam Neeson
Favorite Band: T-Pistonz+KMC
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: Kamen Rider

Post by Draccy »

Takaharu 2.0 needs to calm down, seriously; and the ending is complete miss.
Everything else is pretty on point. Series starts off at a 3 for me. If it stays this good, and we get decent character development/focus, then it'll be a solid 4 throughout.
HowlingSnail
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by HowlingSnail »

Skeith wrote:It was good, but it felt a little rushed for me. Like...it feel like it was longer, maybe even a 2-parter but was edited down to 1. It was just 1 quick thing after another with barely time to breath.

And yeah...the "LUCKY" catchphrase is going to get old really fast.
I wouldn't say it felt too rushed. I think it's just going for the normal Sentai method of debuting lots of toys in episode 1 and giving us the plot in episode 2. I think we were just a bit spoiled with Zyuohger in that regard, which actually did a decent job of establishing things in the first episode.
Seen:
Super Sentai: Fiveman onwards
Kamen Rider: Ichigou-Skyrider, all the Heisei/Reiwa series except the American shows.
Precure: DokiDoki-Go Pri
Metal Heroes: Gavan
Other: Spiderman, Power Rangers
Jehal
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Dekaranger
2nd Favorite Series: Ryuki
Alignment: Neutral Good

Post by Jehal »

Wow, this was easily the worst first episode of anything I've ever seen. I'm even more surprised that so far 11 people have voted it 5/5.
This episode was like a hyperactive child on Halloween. There were three episodes worth of story here, and it's like they were put on fast-forward.
I could plausibly forgive everything being rushed if they were trying to introduce more than five rangers, but we only have the core 5 here. There was no need for this episode to be so unfocused in what it was trying to do. As it stands, I feel bad for Garou. He has a potentially interesting backstory that could've made for a good 2 episodes, and they just skim over it in 5 minutes like it's character development. Also, his ranger suit really does not suit him. It doesn't look like muscle, it just looks like fat. It's a shame since everyone else has really good suits.
I was hoping Lucky would be another Ban. He was loud, optimistic, energetic, and a little annoying in the first few episodes before he calmed down. Lucky has this arrogance about him that makes me feel like he won't calm down. When they first got into their mechs, it was pretty cool, but once they started combining together my brain slowly stopped being able to process what was happening.

I will give it this for pros: Everyone but Lucky is being well-developed so far. I'm really glad to see that Mele finally became Gekigreen. While I'm still unsure about the combined mecha, the individuals are looking cool. And I'm liking what they're doing with the weapons this season. I'll keep watching for a little bit in hopes that it chills the fuck out.

1/5 hoping for better next week.
Completed Series

Rider: From Kuuga to Drive, and Ex-Aid to Zi-O
Next Up: Ghost

Sentai: Zyuranger, Kakuranger, From Dekaranger to ToQGer, and Kyuuranger to Ryusoulger
Next Up: Ninninger
mholden020
Gabu
Favorite series: Garo
Favorite Band: Avenged Sevenfold
Quote: "Never think that success is down to your own performance alone. If you start listening only to yourself you take the first step back towards the bottom. The flowers of victory belong in many vases."
-Michael Schumacher
Type: INFJ Counselor

Post by mholden020 »

redfarmer wrote:Lucky reminds me a lot of Daigo from Kyoryuger, which is a good thing for me.
Cannot un-see, but you're 100% right.

I loved it. I've seen comments around the webs that some people don't like the 1st episodes where it's like "BAM. HERE'S STUFF." but that formula, while overpowering at first, has yet to steer any series in the wrong direction..at least not the ones I've seen. Gokaiger, Kyoryuger, and Toqger all had a beginning that took place after everything had started, and they were good. Ninninger & Jyuohger both started on episode 1, and one was a total train wreck, the other was...meh...at the best times. Starting the series like Kyuranger did means there is story to be told before the series even starts and has typically resulted in a longer introduction and a shorter Summer MOTW stretch. However, with nine rangers off the bat there are things to learn and stories to tell. For instance, if Garou's introduction scene had been in Ninninger, it would have undoubtedly gone like this:

"Where'd you get that Kyutama?"
"Found it."
"SWEET!!"
**morph**

I enjoyed all of it from start to finish. And, while I hated the "YOSHAA LUCKYY!" every 12 seconds, there is a positive: That's a perfect opportunity for an April Fool's Day Counter :lol:
Completed Series:
-Kamen Rider: Agito, Ryuki, 555, Blade, Hibiki, Kabuto, Den-O, Kiva, Decade, W, Fourze, OOO, Wizard, Gaim, Drive
-Sentai: Jetman, Dairanger, Deka --> Zyuohger
Zenuku5
Infinity
Favorite series: Den-O
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger
Dreamy: Kurenai Wataru
Favorite Actor?: Koji Seto
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
Quote: Let's make this showy!
Type: INFP Healer

Post by Zenuku5 »

4/5.

I don't honestly care for the suits as much as others. For me they just feel gaudy and over the top for the sake of being so flashy and over the top. Their transformation device doesn't help, though it at least looks better in action than in still shots.

For a first episode it felt VERY over-stuffed between introducing the main plot & enemy, Lucky getting his literal crash course in being a Kyuuranger, and Garou and his story. I hope we get to learn about the backstories behind the others soon into the series, though I understand the first few episodes will be devoted to fulfilling the team's title promise of 'Kyuu' Ranger. I am still very concerned about them trying to manage a whole team of 9 rangers regularly, as well as how/if they will try and incorporate a 'legendary sixth' style ranger with a 10th. As awesome was I found Kyoryuuger, there was good reason they didn't have all ten rangers showing up side by side except for very rare instances.

Lastly there is Lucky. Pretty much everyone complained about Takaharu and while he never quite got to that level of annoying for me, I am afraid Lucky WILL perhaps push it just a bit. As far as him being a 'leader' though, in spite of clearly being our Sentai Red and doubtless possessing the largest mecha in Shishi Voyager...I don't think he WILL be the leader anymore than Daigo was. IN the field, yes, I imagine him as being very much the team's dynamic leader. But odds are they have some higher command character ala Torin or Doggy Krueger (both of whom headed teams with lively reds) to manage things as a mentor type. Mostly going off the guy we saw for a flash in the intro anyways.

My theories aside though, the episode WAS itself enjoyable and a treat for the eyes. I enjoy the idea of a sentai NOT so earth-centric and instead seeking to protect the whole galaxy of these '88 constellations' by travelling throughout it and fighting this enemy empire. As much as I loved the Gokaigers and understood the need for them on earth, it bugged me that in spite of the galaxy being supposedly endangered by Zangyack, we NEVER saw much of it except in flashbacks. Everyone of the zangyack forces came to them. I HOPE the Kyuurangers are in a sense a remedy to that by taking the fight to the enemy in space and across the stars. In action the suits proved far more appealing for me to watch. Kyuren-Oh was awesome. The Opening Theme was awesome (WHEN THE HECK DOES IT COME OUT?!). And at the very least it seems to have a lot of potential.

Also like everyone else has been saying, the Ending theme really did not work, and the dance was...embarrassing to watch.
Greenstalker
Mega

Post by Greenstalker »

Ok I understand why people feel negative about Lucky not knowing Jark Matter but seriously these guys are all over the milky way galaxy we are talking about millions of star systems in here i don't think it is plausible to assume they conquered every bit of it. More like they conquered the major planets and Lucky probably didn't stop much during his journey and only stop long enough to get supplies. He was probably only listening zodiac channel to see if he is lucky again and that was all.

So they started with 3 get to 5 at first episode (alittle bit like go-onger) and at the end of episode we saw two more which will make it 7 soon. Pink is not aware of her own being one of rangers at start remind me some previous series though can't remember which one (it can be a power rangers series too or one of Sazers it has been a long time ago)) I expect scorpio being bad guy first opening gave that kind of impression to me anyway.

Is it just me or does opening does not contain any main villains? Maybe they will just focus on main tem and not on villains this season?
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

>Ok I understand why people feel negative about Lucky not knowing Jark Matter but seriously these guys are all over the milky way galaxy we are talking about millions of star systems in here i don't think it is plausible to assume they conquered every bit of it.

The opening narration says every constellation system was conquered. It'd be like you flying around on your airplane and missing out on the fact that world war 3 broke out. Maybe that's possible, but it's highly improbable? Especially if you need to stop for food or stay on civilized planets. It doesn't seem like Lucky has the resources on his little bike to just camp out or rough it on uncolonized areas of space.
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

Also, Lucky not having a personal stake in the fight seems kind of shit. He just wants to be a KyuuRanger because it's cool?
Strykor
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Wizard
2nd Favorite Series: Shinkengers
Favorite Band: The Beatles
Alignment: Neutral
Quote: Ever have one of those flashbacks...

Post by Strykor »

Okay. watched the episode. Am now considering starting a gofundme page to raise money to pay for both the Super Sentai and Kamen Rider writing staff for classes to relearn things like character development. Hot-blooded Reds I can live with, but still, give them the ability to read the mood of the room. Is it sad that I'm missing Right?
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

Right was actually a pretty good character to be honest. Daigo was also a good way of having a hotblooded hero that wasn't a total idiot either.

I get needing to pander to kids and all, but if this keeps up he's just going to be space Takaharu, just being lucky rather than burning up.
resop2
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Shabon 5
2nd Favorite Series: Treasure 5

Post by resop2 »

I think I will skip this one and watch Garo.
Gekija
Number 6
Number 6

Post by Gekija »

Thank you ! :) I just have a question (sorry if it has already been asked) : Are the fonts you use on the Internet or did you create them yourself ?
Sinkuu
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Quote: Let's make it Showy!

Post by Sinkuu »

is it me or does raptor remind of a cross between candelilia and luckyuro from Kyoryuger?

Return to “Uchuu Sentai KyuuRanger”