My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Zero -Dragon Blood- 10 released

Post by takenoko »

< Previous
Wiki
Next >

Alt Title - Edel? More like Eden, am I right?

Last episode rating: 5 /5 (13 votes)

Less votes, but we're back to a straight 5.

Kind of a set-up episode, but it was nice learning more about Alice and Edel. /me checks his notes.

Oh, those photos of Zero look real good. I wonder if they're going to be merch.

Dragon looks hungry, better get some apples, Alice! Oh, you're going to feed it blood? Looks like someone's seen the Joy Luck Club.

RIP Edel's familiar. We didn't even learn its name.

It's funny seeing what's her face as the fairy. We don't even get any close ups of her this time.

So Edel was raised by a dragon, then raised his dragon sibling and it sounds like he fucked it also? At least we know who Nova was. You'd think Loop would look different if it were half human.

Something I like about Alice's character is, that it's not clear if she's possessed or not. I was wondering if that was the case early on. If so, is she acting of her own volition, or is she just acting this way because of mind control? If it's the latter, that's sort of lame, and would kind of mess with Alice's character as being bold, outrageous, and strong-willed. But this is fine as it is now, because it's a bit ambiguous?

You can kind of tell that they had Alice's actress say the "I won't let you die" line a few times, because it's much better than any of her previous lines.

Edit: It's still weird that Kurehi doesn't have any lines.

I wish Garo had captions. Why does jou ga waita from the Master sound familiar. Did he say it before?
TypicalStandUser
Save the life
Favorite series: Amazons
2nd Favorite Series: GoBusters
Dreamy: Kaho Shibuya
Favorite Actor?: Julia Louis-Dreyfus
Favorite Band: Owarikara
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: Cooking food
Quote: Oh snap! Lemon Pepper Wet?!

Re: Zero -Dragon Blood- 10 released

Post by TypicalStandUser »

RIP Edel's familiar. We didn't even learn its name.
If it is able to make monsters out of scrap, Edel may make more of his former familiar.

Damn, Alice. You do need friends. Decent ones though.

A nice episode that explains the villain and the damsel's motivations. Awaiting ZERO VS Dragon Knight, round 3.
The haters all around this world can drink Childish Gambino's daycare while I, the insignificant nobody they branded as, continue to survive & thrive.
Masked Rider
Douza Uru Zazaado
Favorite series: Kamen Rider
2nd Favorite Series: Super Sentai
Dreamy: Shinkenyellow
Favorite Actor?: Ayumi Kinoshita
Favorite Band: Ayumi Hamasaki
Quote: Shadow Kick!!!

Post by Masked Rider »

Yeah, that reveal that the dragon egg is a result of Edel and Nova doing the bow-chika-wow-wow. Not sure what to make of that.
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Post by Lunagel »

I feel like this is kinda a Shrek situation here. How...? Why...? Do those genes even fit? I mean I guess magic but...?

Alice tends to have pretty stilted lines so the actual good delivery of the one was a nice. Even though it's clearly forced acting for some reason I don't mind it, which is kinda odd for me.

You gotta feel sorry for Kurehi's actress. She probably thought this would be some juicy part and all Amemiya wants is for her to be eye candy.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral

Post by takenoko »

It's like good writing can supplement other weaknesses.
TokuCasual
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Post by TokuCasual »

Another 5. I like backstory, so this is up my alley. I wanna know more, too bad Rei had to interrupt.

It made sense Edel would despise humans, he didn't grow up as one. They offered him as a sacrifice. And probably took Nova away.

The quality writing continues. This is good stuff.

If Amazons season 2 turns out as good as season one, between this, that's two great Toku for the year.
Alessar
Salami Commander
Favorite series: Garo
2nd Favorite Series: Nexus
Favorite Actor?: Konishi Ryousei
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: K-Dramas
Type: INFP Healer

Post by Alessar »

I'm just going to go with the idea that there's a life force transfer and then the dragon does a sort of phoenix thing where it creates an egg as it dies.

I don't think Alice is possessed, I think she's bonded to the egg as a child. Empathically, like in Dragonriders of Pern. I think Edel needs to face the reality that this next gen dragon has NOT chosen him, but her instead.

I wanted to tell Rekka, "You know, she showed up with a picture of the egg hunting it down in the first place. She's been caring for the egg since she was a little girl until makai priests stole it from her. She's been 100% clear since day 1 what her priority was. So don't consider this 'betraying Rei'."
Kurokage X
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Garo Makai Senki
Dreamy: Kiriko
Favorite Band: Jam Project
My boom: Yakuza Video Games
Quote: "Yesterday is history. Tomorrow is a mystery. Today is a gift. That's why its called the present." Unknown
Type: INTJ Mastermind

Post by Kurokage X »

I think this was a great episode explaining Edel's backstory and how he resented the humans for not only not growing up with them but they wanted to sacrifice him the jerks they are
Currently Watching
Super Sentai: Kiramager
Kamen Rider: Saber
Ultraman: Z

Finished Watching
Super Sentai: Go Onger-Gokaiger, Kyoryuger Onward
Kamen Rider: Kuuga, Kabuto, Kiva, Fourze Onward
Ultraman: Gaia, Nexus, X, Orb-R/B
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral

Post by takenoko »

I dunno about that theory. They explain that the sacrifice was what caused him to meet his beloved dragons to begin with. Plus he protected the humans for a point too. I think something else happens later that we're not privy to yet, which causes him to betray the humans.
Alessar
Salami Commander
Favorite series: Garo
2nd Favorite Series: Nexus
Favorite Actor?: Konishi Ryousei
My boom: K-Dramas
Type: INFP Healer

Post by Alessar »

Oh probably it was the humans who killed the dragon because it was too powerful. Maybe even the early Makai priests & knights. That's exactly the sort of dick move humans would do.

though, alternately, the problem might have been the dragon's appetite. It NEEDS x amount of jaki to feed on. That means that Edel would never want to kill all the horrors, just enough to keep them in check. He'd want to preserve SOME because the dragon needs to be fed.
Aberration
7X
Favorite series: Kamen Rider W
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Den-O
Dreamy: Naomi
Favorite Band: Crowded House

Post by Aberration »

Not my favorite episode of the series, but still not bad. Like the Kiba movie, I find those animated segments... They're good for what they are, and obviously help with the budget, but I never really find them memorable.

I just assumed that Edel was saying that Loop was his child emotionally, rather than biologically. Just like how Alice has called the egg her baby before, and we know for sure that she didn't poop that thing out. I tend to be wrong with things like this though, so who knows...

I'm starting to think that maybe Alice doesn't end up with Rei, but somehow takes Edel's place to live among the dragons. She's not Dragon Knight material by any means, but this episode seemed to set up a clear parallel between them as people who don't fit in among people.
Aberration
7X
Favorite series: Kamen Rider W
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Den-O
Dreamy: Naomi
Favorite Band: Crowded House

Post by Aberration »

Hope this post is redundant, but I just saw on the official Facebook that tonight's episode will air at a different time, and wanted to make sure you guys were prepared:

http://ameblo.jp/garo-project/entry-12257207880.html
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Post by Lunagel »

Yep, we saw, but thanks anyway!
Kurow
Mega
Favorite series: Ryuki
2nd Favorite Series: Kabuto
Dreamy: Rina Akiyama (Agito)
Favorite Actor?: Hiro Mizushima
Favorite Band: Jam Project
My boom: girls
Quote: Ore Sanjou!
Type: ENFP Champion

Post by Kurow »

Good episode and I really enjoyed the flash back however that doesn't explain why Edel want to kill the humans... We need to wait a little more but there are just 2 more episodes left. Kagome really killed him but his little dragon fellow gave up his life to give him another chance.
Final Vent!
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

I do enjoy the flashbacks they do with in that art form. Edel setting himself up to be another tragic villain.

Who had sex with his sister. Who is a dragon. Stranger shit has happened in GARO before though.

Return to “Zero -Dragon Blood-”