Uchuu Kitaaaaaa Sentai Nineranger episode 07 released

SPACE SQUADRON KITAAA!!!
Forum rules

Uchuu Sentai KyuuRanger Wiki Link

< Jyuohger | KyuuRanger | Lupin VS Pat

Spoiler rules: No posting information about unreleased stuff. Preview and movie promo discussion must be in marked spoiler tags.
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Uchuu Kitaaaaaa Sentai Nineranger episode 07 released

Post by Lunagel »

Yes it is our very surprising and not at all exactly the same thing that we did last year April Fool's video. Enjoy the hilarious hijinks of the NineRangers!
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Re: Uchuu Kitaaaaaa Sentai Nineranger episode 07 released

Post by takenoko »

Is it wrong that I thought the writing in this parody was better than in the actual episode?

No sticky white stuff joke? What else do people think of when they're sprayed by white sticky stuff?
Cevian
I am not a number. I am an individual!
I am not a number. I am an individual!
Quote: KIITE ODOROKE!

Post by Cevian »

That was a great episode. It helped that we managed to get such a crazy ep right before hand that you could really run off with.
ViRGE
Save the life

Post by ViRGE »

Oh thank goodness you fixed the problems from the previous release. With all of those translation errors, I couldn't follow the episode at all. I mean a monster that steals birthdays? That makes no sense and was clearly a bad translation.

1) I ran out of things to drink before the episode ended. That was probably for the best...
2) Hey, Lemon Starburst are great! Don't knock them.
3) Translating all the Japanese literally and then translating the gratuitous English back to Japanese killed me. That's a legitimately good gag.
4) However it was the Ex-Aid lyrics that put me in tears. That is a wonderfully ironic way to fill that request.
5) "Who cares? I'm going to be watching Kyouryuuger Brave" Damn straight!
7) There's a typo in the encode: 00:28 "It's fucking yellow stupid" There should be a comma between yellow and stupid. :P
takenoko wrote:Is it wrong that I thought the writing in this parody was better than in the actual episode?
No, not at all. As Cevian correctly noted, it's already an absurd episode to begin with, which makes it a lousy episode to start with and great fodder for parody. (And the TVN crew clearly had way too much fun making this)
No sticky white stuff joke? What else do people think of when they're sprayed by white sticky stuff?
Being attacked by a spider kaiju? Or maybe getting baked into a giant margherita pizza?
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Post by Lunagel »

Cevian wrote:That was a great episode. It helped that we managed to get such a crazy ep right before hand that you could really run off with.
Honestly it was actually more difficult than you might think because there were soooo many plot threads hanging around and with such a big cast of characters that it was hard to give everyone a different schtick. It was kinda hard keeping the parody plot somewhat straight while adding in all the extra random pieces of plot.

So a big shout-out to our lazy bums qc team who came up with a lot of these jokes.
Zerato
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Drive
2nd Favorite Series: Zyuden Sentai Kyoryuger
Favorite Band: Starset
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
Quote: The guy who will bring about the end of the world...unless you give me a sandwich.
Type: INTJ Mastermind

Post by Zerato »

Honestly the joke would've been a lot better if you released the april fool's version first.
KR
Seen: Kuuga, Agito, 555-Ex-Aid; Amazons
Dropped: Build, Saber
Now: Ryuki, Gotchard
Fave: Drive

SS
Seen: Jetman, Dekaranger, Boukenger-Zyuohger; Akibaranger
Dropped:: Kyuranger, Kiramager
Now: King-Ohger
Fave: Kyoryuger
dryedmangoez
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by dryedmangoez »

Very fun, though I think Ghost was just more ripe to get mocked which is why I think I laughed much more last year. lol
Fraggoth
That's so ridiculous
That's so ridiculous
Quote: "Child of the Sun! Kamen-! Rider-! BLACK-R-X!"

Post by Fraggoth »

dryedmangoez wrote:Very fun, though I think Ghost was just more ripe to get mocked which is why I think I laughed much more last year. lol
I was in absolute STITCHES from that. This one was really good, no doubt, but Ghost's last year was just... perfect. Like, when the subsequent episodes came out, I was pretty bummed because they had a microfraction of the the vivacity that that episode did, intentionally or otherwise.

Good stuff either way!
Hoshinger
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Gokaiger
2nd Favorite Series: Maskman
Dreamy: Luka Milfy

Post by Hoshinger »

Lunagel wrote:Yes it is our very surprising and not at all exactly the same thing that we did last year April Fool's video. Enjoy the hilarious hijinks of the NineRangers!
Well at least you match the series. I didn't have a problem with the first version, other than the story. :mrgreen: :lol:
njb
Strongest Brave
Strongest Brave
Favorite series: Timeranger
2nd Favorite Series: Fourze

Post by njb »

One thing I hoped will passed on from this April Fools' special: Please add "subtitles" in Jark Matter's written script when the minions utter their Dabee lines! It looks cool.
Watching:
- SS Kiramei, Deka, Ninnin
- KR Saber
Finished:
- SS Time, Shinken to Toq, Jyuoh to Ryusoul
- KR Decade to Zero-One
Ashki
Mega
Favorite series: no such thing
Dreamy: Mele
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral

Post by Ashki »

While I have to admit the Ghost one is still my favourite (I swear, there was amlost as much yaoi hinting by the writers as there was in Faiz, and the 4.1 said what we were all thinking), this is another gem for the books. It was so good, I think I just set a record for run-on sentence length! Although, with such a terrible plot to work off of, I'm rather surprised that the KyuuRanger ep was chosen for the translation fix and not Ex-Aid or Garo.

And I still think you guys should do an entire series parody one of these days. Plenty of episodes have been ripped over the years (I remember a Megaranger parody in particular), but nobody's been bold enough to take down a whole show. T-N has the sadism talent to pull it off.
Fave | Least Fave Series so far
KR: AgitΩ or Zero-One | Drive
SS: unsure | Maskman
UM: Nexus | Ultra Q
Sentai: Akiballion: Battlemaids of Akihabara | Buddha Man
Other Toku: possibly Shinigami no Ballad | probably Sci-Rop
TBustah!
Mega
Favorite series: Zyu to Kaku
2nd Favorite Series: Bouken to Kaizoku
Favorite Actor?: Toku? Hiroki Suzuki
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: Slot cars
Quote: "The future.... is in the past! Onwards, Aoshima!"
Type: ISFP Composer

Post by TBustah! »

You got me, and not just in the way you thought. See, I hadn't seen the actual episode yet, so I deleted that file and put this one on a flashdrive to watch on the PS3 instead. Now I'm gonna have to download the file again.

I know you did this before last year, but did you also do it once a long time with Gekiranger? I saw something just like this on YouTube ages ago that I haven't been able to track down. The main thing I remember is that in a scene involving the Gekichangers, the subtitles had Ran saying that Bandai of America was going to screw up the toy version next year. Dunno if it was just a comment on BoA's lower quality, or if the guys who did the video somehow knew about Jungle Fury's sunglasses. :lol:

Anyway, now I gotta go download and watch the real episode so that I can watch the rest of this. I only watched the first couple of minutes before I forced myself to stop in order to avoid spoilers, but what I saw was pretty good, especially "Bender" and the "magic" joke.
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

The Fourze April Fools is still GOAT TVN April Fools episode.

Return to “Uchuu Sentai KyuuRanger”