KyuuRanger Space.09 released

SPACE SQUADRON KITAAA!!!
Forum rules

Uchuu Sentai KyuuRanger Wiki Link

< Jyuohger | KyuuRanger | Lupin VS Pat

Spoiler rules: No posting information about unreleased stuff. Preview and movie promo discussion must be in marked spoiler tags.

Ratings

Poll ended at Sun Apr 23, 2017 12:53 am

☆☆☆☆☆
32%
☆☆☆☆
57%
☆☆☆
4%
☆☆
No votes
7%

Total votes: 28
Greenstalker
Mega

Re: KyuuRanger Space.09 released

Post by Greenstalker »

Considering that they waited this long to finally use another eastern dragon mech is crime itself but it is forgiven along with Lucky being Lucky in this episode of awesome purple worm.........dragon mech :P
Hoshinger
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Gokaiger
2nd Favorite Series: Maskman
Dreamy: Luka Milfy

Post by Hoshinger »

This was a good episode because we get to see the fallen warrior return even stronger. I liked how it was possible for any of the orbs to grant ranger powers and this could lead to more rangers in the future. I did wonder about the original suit because I thought that I would have been a generic suit that adapted to the globe used. I don't know if Shou's race are dramatically stronger than the human race, but it they were then a Battle Fever J suit with a paint job would last for much longer. I do hope that the new voyager will be something really good because I hate how the first appearance of a mech is amazing and then looks no stronger than a previous model.

As for the fallen assassin, I'm sure there is a regenerator machine to restore her to full size. I do hope that we do get real monsters because they seem to function the same way, but look different. It's like the giant robots in Dekaranger with the same model showing up and not being much of an improvement.
Cyborg-Lucario
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Black/Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Fourze/Gokaiger
Dreamy: Garou (Ookami Blue)
Alignment: Lawful Neutral
Type: INFJ Counselor

Post by Cyborg-Lucario »

This was a good episode and I liked that we got to see Shou's backstory and his fighting style. Ryuu Voyager being reminiscent of RyuuSeiOh is a huge plus too.
A cyborg pokémon who may or may not be a Kamen Rider.
Hoshinger
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Gokaiger
2nd Favorite Series: Maskman
Dreamy: Luka Milfy

Post by Hoshinger »

takenoko wrote:< Previous
Wiki
Next >

Last week's results: 3.79 / 5 (29 votes)

Alternate Title - Shou Lonpou gets his groove back

Great visuals in this episode. Loved the dawn scene with Lucky and Shou. The dragon is cool looking. I love the eastern dragons, and it reminds me and probably a lot of you, of DaiRanger's RyuuSeiOh.

Shou actually gets an arc. I honestly don't know how I feel about Lucky always being right though. He's honestly way too thoughtless and annoying to be the pseudo leader. It honestly sucks to see him charge in blindly and always go "I don't need to think about my actions because I'm the luckiest man in the galaxy." I wish Shou Lonpou were a cool and respectable leader like Doggie Kruger.

I also have mixed feelings about the commander talking about how obedience is the key to an organization, and then running off on his own like a hotheaded red. It kind of feels like the writer got the roles mixed up. I think the message of the episode would have been stronger if Spada (or any of the face characters) were the one learning the lesson instead of the commander. Instead, the message is split across the two characters, and it just leaves me confused as to what the writer was trying to go for.

So Spada got captured as a result of his disobedience. But he also disobeys the commander and saves him by fighting by his side. Mixed messages?

Wait, why did the assassins just capture Spada instead of killing him? Is Shou really that valuable? Wait, it's not like someone rescued Shou. The assassins could have taken them both. Honestly, an episode about Spada and Shou working together to break out would have been much better?

Other nitpicks, I don't understand why Shou acts the way he does. Why does he talk like a kid? Why did he hide the fact that he has KyuuRangerlike powers? Why try to save Spada by himself? Why didn't Octopussy and Ikaagen set traps if they were asking all the KyuuRangers to come? That was the whole point in taking a hostage, wasn't it? He didn't seem like he acted that way in the flashback. I'd love it if they were trying to present him as a flawed leader who sometimes makes bad decisions because he was thrown into the situation out of desperation, but that'd be giving this writer too much credit.

Don't think that's the last we'll see of Octopussy and big bear.

4 / 5 stars, good visuals, nice backstory for the commander, not as convoluted as last weeks in terms of multiple sub plots.

Please, Kotarou, go away. Can we please get some stories that flesh out the KyuuRangers some more? Also, when are we going to get some monsters-of-the-week that aren't just slight modifications of the generic trooper enemy?
Out of curiosity, why do you spell Shou the way it is? He is a Chinese dragon and with his voyager also based on a Chinese dragon his name should be spelled Xiao.
DERPDERP91357
http://www.kingdomofloathing.com
http://www.kingdomofloathing.com

Post by DERPDERP91357 »

Draccy wrote:I'm really biased towards anything Shou, in a dumb way, because it's Levi. So anytime Shou does anything, or speaks, I just see Levi in the situation. [/spoiler]
I just hear Yato and his 5 yen coin especially those shots where he has the bandanna around his neck
Lalo
Complacent masses
Complacent masses

Post by Lalo »

Really liked the battle sequence with RyuCommander, fighting with all those spins and Wizard coat grabs made him look really badass. And the backstory served to show that the "bokuchin" personality is mostly a front he puts up to deal with having to be the commander after what happened to Big Bear. Easy 5 for me.

There are some gripes I've seen people have that I would like to try to address:

The whole "day turning to night" thing when the dragon was summoned and then came back as RyuVoyager seems to be a reference to Dragon Ball, as whenever the Dragon Balls were gathered and Shenlong summoned the sky would turn cloudy and day turned to night. So I personally found the reference kinda nice. But the battlefield suddenly turning into a moonscape? Maybe they moved the battle to a mountainside outside the city? Honestly have no better explanation for that one.

As for we getting governors that use modified Tsuyoindaver suits, I like to look at it this way: them pacing the monster suit budget like this means we'll probably get some decent monster designs later on, instead of getting "revived" monsters like on Jyuohger or a bunch of repainted suits like on Wizard and Drive. It makes sense for them to use these semi-generic monsters on episodes where they are gonna get minimal focus, and it also makes sense story-wise, Jark Matter places them in places it wouldn't make much sense to place their "better" unique Governors; we got one in an uninhabited planet(episode 3) and now 5 which are stationed so closely together that if you attack one you're basically attacking all 5 of them.

As for Lucky, he obviously made an absolutely horrible first impression, I hated him for the first couple of episodes too, but he's mellowed out A LOT since then, sure he's still a Hot-Blooded Optimistic Red, but he's not the "talk like a Pokémon" idiot he was characterized as at first. The catchphrase is definitely here to stay, nothing can be done about that, but as long as he's not shouting it 9 times per episode I can tolerate it. All of the comments here really feel as if people are hating on him just for the heck of it, when he's nowhere near as bad as he was at first.

Also, I'd like to ask why people dislike Kotaro? As far as I can see he really hasn't done anything yet to even form a full-fledged opinion on him, much less anything to hate him already. Is it just because he's a kid that's tagging along with the team and people don't like that?
albedolepeche
Whoa. Neo is an anagram of One. Whoa
Whoa. Neo is an anagram of One. Whoa
Quote: Stand Tall and Shake the Heavens

Post by albedolepeche »

Meccha Mucha ... 10th ranger episode ... Kyoruuger -- no one caught that?
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

Because Kotarou is a brat, and all brats in Sentai need to be put down!
Gallus Faberge
7X

Post by Gallus Faberge »

takenoko wrote:Because Kotarou is a brat, and all brats in Sentai need to be put down!
But so far he's been a lovable brat, who pisses of Hame :D
ViRGE
Save the life

Post by ViRGE »

takenoko wrote:Because Kotarou is a brat
This. He does nothing but get in the way and his voice is aggravating.
fenrir
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: RX
2nd Favorite Series: GAIM
Type: ENTP Inventor

Post by fenrir »

does he gonna be somewhat similar to Kou/white Dairanger?
otw: Ex-Aid , Hurricane (ep3), Amazons S2, Kyuuranger

finished:
KR: Black, RX, Super1 + all Heisei + AMAZONS
Sentai: Zyu,Dai,Gao,Deka,Magi,Bouken,Geki,Goon,Shinken,Gokai,GoBus,ToQ,Ninnin
Garo: All (anime[both] as well)
Densha Otoko
njb
Strongest Brave
Strongest Brave
Favorite series: Timeranger
2nd Favorite Series: Fourze

Post by njb »

Draccy wrote: Zyuranger? Oh, Jyuuranger, close enough.
Same kana, right?
Watching:
- SS Kiramei, Deka, Ninnin
- KR Saber
Finished:
- SS Time, Shinken to Toq, Jyuoh to Ryusoul
- KR Decade to Zero-One
TBustah!
Mega
Favorite series: Zyu to Kaku
2nd Favorite Series: Bouken to Kaizoku
Favorite Actor?: Toku? Hiroki Suzuki
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: Slot cars
Quote: "The future.... is in the past! Onwards, Aoshima!"
Type: ISFP Composer

Post by TBustah! »

You know what? I'm so tired of hearing Lucky say his own name over and over and generally being an inconsiderate twat that I'm not even going to call him that anymore. I feel like it'd be indulging him. Other characters have relied on luck in the past, but they learned that's not a good idea pretty early on, like "Miracle Sousuke" in Go-onger. Maybe it's unfair to expect character development so early in the series, but if he doesn't start learning some personal responsibility soon, I might just tune out entirely. This isn't just annoying and shitty writing, it's a terrible lesson for kids: you don't have to actually work hard at anything or obey authority if you're a star. Until further notice, his name is Shithead McCatchphrase as far as I'm concerned.

Okay, rant out of the way... how cool is Shou's Voyager? :D It's like Ryuseioh and Daijinryu had an awesome purple baby, an early 25th anniversary present for Dairanger fans. If that thing has a bujin mode, I'm gonna break the sound barrier reaching for my wallet.

Spoiler
Really? They're pulling a Justin? Isn't Shithead McCatchphrase annoying and childish enough?
TBustah!
Mega
Favorite series: Zyu to Kaku
2nd Favorite Series: Bouken to Kaizoku
Favorite Actor?: Toku? Hiroki Suzuki
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: Slot cars
Quote: "The future.... is in the past! Onwards, Aoshima!"
Type: ISFP Composer

Post by TBustah! »

Gallus Faberge wrote:
takenoko wrote:Because Kotarou is a brat, and all brats in Sentai need to be put down!
But so far he's been a lovable brat, who pisses of Hame :D
I guess, but he's no Kou. Other than the stuff with Hame, he's mostly come off as kind of a pointless self-insertion for young viewers. Kou worked because he was friggin' hilarious, didn't get on the viewers' nerves much, and had an interesting backstory. Kotarou is just an annoying little kid. Not as annoying as Shithead McCatchphrase, mind you (which isn't really saying much), and his heart is in the right place... but he still doesn't add much, or at least hasn't so far. If this turns into The Shithead and Kotarou Show, I'm out.
midorininger
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Shinkenger
2nd Favorite Series: Dekaranger
My boom: Transformers

Post by midorininger »

i love how everyone is going right to the ryusei-oh comparason. 20 some odd years later and its still awesome!

btw serpentera's dairanger name was dairyujin.

Return to “Uchuu Sentai KyuuRanger”