KyuuRanger Space.10 released

SPACE SQUADRON KITAAA!!!
Forum rules

Uchuu Sentai KyuuRanger Wiki Link

< Jyuohger | KyuuRanger | Lupin VS Pat

Spoiler rules: No posting information about unreleased stuff. Preview and movie promo discussion must be in marked spoiler tags.

Ratings

Poll ended at Sat Apr 29, 2017 9:32 pm

☆☆☆☆☆
18%
☆☆☆☆
18%
☆☆☆
29%
☆☆
14%
21%

Total votes: 28
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

KyuuRanger Space.10 released

Post by takenoko »

< Previous
Wiki
Next >

Last week's results: 4 / 5 (24 votes)

Alternate Title - Is it too late for Big Bear's ghost to take over?

It's hard to think of a Sentai episode that I thought was more pointless and without joy. 1 star, throw it in the sun.

It was stupid for Lucky to try to take back the Seiza Blaster since it's against his character to care about things like rules or acting properly. He completely flips his character depending on what's required of the scene, and doesn't care/is on board with it later on.

God damn it, Kotarou. You have a brother. Why aren't you there for him? Whoever is taking care of Jirou must be freaking out wondering where Kotarou is. Like Kotarou was basically dead/jailed when Stinger found him, and they haven't contacted his guardians since.
TypicalStandUser
Save the life
Favorite series: Amazons
2nd Favorite Series: GoBusters
Dreamy: Kaho Shibuya
Favorite Actor?: Julia Louis-Dreyfus
Favorite Band: Owarikara
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: Cooking food
Quote: Oh snap! Lemon Pepper Wet?!

Re: KyuuRanger Space.10 released

Post by TypicalStandUser »

God damn it, Kotarou. You have a brother. Why aren't you there for him? Whoever is taking care of Jirou must be freaking out wondering where Kotarou is.
This HAS to be resolved ASAP. It would be f***ing careless and disheartening for the writers to leave out Jirou from the storyline without confirming his survival. Where's Mr/Mrs Sakuma?!

Also, WHY NOT have Stinger mentor Kotaro? That's a nice chance to unveil Stinger's past.

Decent but poor episode. STOP GIVING LUCKY EVERYTHING.
The haters all around this world can drink Childish Gambino's daycare while I, the insignificant nobody they branded as, continue to survive & thrive.
SacredCultivator
The Eyes in the Skies
The Eyes in the Skies
Dreamy: Ichimichi Mao
My boom: Fansubbing

Post by SacredCultivator »

All I can say is... the whole ".... , lucky!" stuff is really annoying.

I don't normally comment about episodes, but yeah, that whole shtick? (sp?) is really annoying, and I feel this series as a whole is a bit too... "dumbed down"? for kids? I mean yes, it's a kid's show, but the logic/ unanswered things are ridiculous.

Kotarou is cool and all, and i do like that they had his transformed form fit his height (Unlike in Power Rangers Turbo where Kid Blue "grows' to adult size), so I mean that was good.

I guess my overall gripe is the whole "...., lucky!" thing.
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Post by Lunagel »

I'm gonna be in the minority here, but... I like Kotarou.

Hear me out. Abandoning his little brother aside, Kotarou is probably the strongest character we've seen so far. He's fighting for his family and his home and in order to do that he's absolutely determined to become a Kyuuranger. He has a solid reason to fight and backstory.

Compared to Lucky, whom we still know next to nothing about, who didn't even know about Jark Matter before the first episode, who doesn't have a good reason to fight and is the walking epitome of "Deus ex machina that shit", Kotarou comes out ahead on every count.

Kotarou's actor is fairly competent and honestly holds his own against the rest of the cast. Plus, and this is the big thing - he has no catchphrase or irritating speech patterns. Horray!
Slowking
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top
Favorite series: Magi/Geki/Gokai/Kiva
2nd Favorite Series: Gosei/W
Quote: Henshin!

Post by Slowking »

A 2/5 from me.

While I don't want them to bring back Kotarou's little brother, I will agree with most people that leaving his fate unresolved isn't ok. Stinger should be the first to urge him to go be with his brother, but instead he's trapped while Lucky gets to save the day.

I really have no issue with reds receiving most of the focus, if it is done well, but at the moment this is not the case in Kyuuranger. An example:

Sorry but that's just plain stupid.

Regardless I liked the talk Big Bear and Kotarou had (although it could have taken Big Bear a bit more to be convinced) and I enjoyed the fight with the new Kyuuranger.
Behold the Emperor!
PHurricane
The Eyes in the Skies
The Eyes in the Skies
Favorite series: W/Den-O
2nd Favorite Series: Gokaiger

Post by PHurricane »

I'm not sure if Kotarou's parents are alive or not (weren't they from the town where the adults were useless anyway?), but I'm sure someone is looking after his little brother. It would be nice if we got some confirmation, but I'm not holding my breath.

I agree with everyone who already pointed out that this episode would have made a lot more sense if it was Stinger dragging Kotarou back to Earth, given their history and his strong stance against Kotarou being involved in the fight. I'm not shocked that Lucky keeps getting the majority of the focus - this is sentai and the red member always gets the most focus. However, it's silly to keep inserting Stinger into these plot lines and then shelving him in favor of anyone. (I'm looking at you, unresolved conflict with Champ that only gets brought up when they realize Champ hasn't had any dialogue in a while so that he can grumble about Stinger not being trustworthy.)

That said, it wasn't a bad debut episode. Kotarou and Big Bear injected some much needed common sense into the story, even if it was mostly ignored. Sky Blue's sleeve/scarf weapon was pretty funny to watch in action. (Although I'm not sure what the Japanese writers have against the word "turquoise".) Plus, we got some foreshadowing about the future plot which seem to imply we'll be heading back out to space.

On a different note, I’m surprised they didn’t add the Commander to the group transformation on the cliff in the OP sequence. It looked like there was plenty of room.
Revorse
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: W
2nd Favorite Series: Kiva/Blade
Quote: "For you, there is no finale."

Post by Revorse »

A solid 3 from me. Nothing I hated but nothing that was really great. Kotarou is definitely my lil homie now. It looks like they've accepted into the team pretty quickly too. I thought they were gonna pull some "even though you got the power you're too little" shit and bench him for a ridiculous amount of episodes.
Zerato
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Drive
2nd Favorite Series: Zyuden Sentai Kyoryuger
Favorite Band: Starset
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
Quote: The guy who will bring about the end of the world...unless you give me a sandwich.
Type: INTJ Mastermind

Post by Zerato »

Gotta give it a 3. I've been fairly optimistic towards this series thus far seeing as how Ex-Aid started out fairly similar in quality to Kyuranger, but it is starting to take its tole on me. I'm not going to drop the series, but I'm not necessarily looking forward to each new episode.
KR
Seen: Kuuga, Agito, 555-Ex-Aid; Amazons
Dropped: Build, Saber
Now: Ryuki, Gotchard
Fave: Drive

SS
Seen: Jetman, Dekaranger, Boukenger-Zyuohger; Akibaranger
Dropped:: Kyuranger, Kiramager
Now: King-Ohger
Fave: Kyoryuger
Kurokage X
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Garo Makai Senki
Dreamy: Kiriko
Favorite Band: Jam Project
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: Yakuza Video Games
Quote: "Yesterday is history. Tomorrow is a mystery. Today is a gift. That's why its called the present." Unknown
Type: INTJ Mastermind

Post by Kurokage X »

f*** this episode, f*** this episode, f*** this episode, I hate it.

your teammates are heading towards the Sun Lucky, DO SOMETHING TO FIND THE ENEMY INSTEAD OF EATING AT A FOOD CART!

Kotaro, you annoy me, put the fact that you're basically a way for little kids to insert themselves into the show while nice, you yourself annoy me.

Shou, why in god's name would you play detective when your ship is heading to the Sun, WORRY ABOUT HOW TO STOP THE SHIP FROM CRASHING INSTEAD OF FINDING OUT WHY Naga IS KNOCKED OUT COLD

and Naga, I love ya man but why not just sit on the chair to practice your emotions instead of standing on it, you just gave yourself 7 years bad luck.

and why not let Stinger bring Kotaro back to Earth instead of F****** LUCKY, it could be a good way for Stinger to develop and help Kotaro develop too but nope.

Big Bear, you're cool, much more wise than our living mentor of the team.
Currently Watching
Super Sentai: Kiramager
Kamen Rider: Saber
Ultraman: Z

Finished Watching
Super Sentai: Go Onger-Gokaiger, Kyoryuger Onward
Kamen Rider: Kuuga, Kabuto, Kiva, Fourze Onward
Ultraman: Gaia, Nexus, X, Orb-R/B
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

So we are 10 episodes into Kyuuranger and now we have, 11 rangers? We already have enough issues with them not getting any development so why not bloat the cast more. Jesus.

Shou still proving he is the best character. I love the fact he thinks blowing up the sun is the only option to escape with a weapon they don't have and then tells them to make it.
Hoshinger
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Gokaiger
2nd Favorite Series: Maskman
Dreamy: Luka Milfy

Post by Hoshinger »

takenoko wrote:< Previous
Wiki
Next >

Last week's results: 4 / 5 (24 votes)

Alternate Title - Is it too late for Big Bear's ghost to take over?

It's hard to think of a Sentai episode that I thought was more pointless and without joy. 1 star, throw it in the sun.

It was stupid for Lucky to try to take back the Seiza Blaster since it's against his character to care about things like rules or acting properly. He completely flips his character depending on what's required of the scene, and doesn't care/is on board with it later on.

God damn it, Kotarou. You have a brother. Why aren't you there for him? Whoever is taking care of Jirou must be freaking out wondering where Kotarou is. Like Kotarou was basically dead/jailed when Stinger found him, and they haven't contacted his guardians since.
I agree about the brother issue because if there are a few dozen overlords in Japan alone, then they're no telling how many there are on Earth overall and that's no place to leave a little brother. I guess you're gonna feel the burn of Kotaru for weeks to come. Let's hope any future rangers are stronger and there are several constellations that are perfect for ranger forms.
Greenstalker
Mega

Post by Greenstalker »

Kurokage X wrote: and Naga, I love ya man but why not just sit on the chair to practice your emotions instead of standing on it, you just gave yourself 7 years bad luck.
Spoiler
I think that will be relevant at the next episode for some reason they focused on that mirror too much and considering about spoiler about next episode I bet there is a link :D

Sitting on chairs are overrated it is new trend to climb on them :P
Hoshinger
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Gokaiger
2nd Favorite Series: Maskman
Dreamy: Luka Milfy

Post by Hoshinger »

I liked the new ranger because it made me wonder how many more rangers we're going to get because there are a lot of constellations that would make good ones. I personally hoping for Sagittarius. If you look up the 88 modern constellations you do see which ones are better as attacks and others as rangers. I sucks that Pegasus has been ruined by the vest idea.

As for the drama on the ship...meh. It's nice to get air time, but put people in a fight and not a messed up game of clue. I want one episode where everyone gets their butts handed to them because of the dumb roulette thing.

Can't wait for the next episode because Lucky finally gets unlucky. That guy gets by on luck too much and I want to see him go down hard. Think of playing a long section in an older videogame and the power goes out before you saved. I'll likely watch that episode until I can't breathe from so much laughing.
TBustah!
Mega
Favorite series: Zyu to Kaku
2nd Favorite Series: Bouken to Kaizoku
Favorite Actor?: Toku? Hiroki Suzuki
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: Slot cars
Quote: "The future.... is in the past! Onwards, Aoshima!"
Type: ISFP Composer

Post by TBustah! »

I know Shithead McCatchphrase's whole deal is relying on luck, but dammit, you don't stop to eat when all your friends are hurtling towards the sun! :x It's not funny, it's just stupid. It makes it look like he doesn't give a shit.

I wouldn't mind the new little shit if he wasn't so damn smug and everyone didn't roll over to please him.

Bear Guy (don't know his real name, don't care at this point): You're too young to fight.
Smug Little Shit: But I really want to!
Bear Guy: Well, okay, if you really want to.

Why was Naga standing on the chair like that? That's just stupid.

If it weren't for Balance and Ryu, I'd be so over this show. Everyone else is either horrible or just boring.

Shithead McCatchphrase: Annoying and stupid
Smug Little Shit: Similar problems as Shithead McCatchphrase
Hame: Liked this character better when she was called Mio Natsume, and liked that character better when she was called Luka Milfy
Naga: Meh
Bull Guy: I might like him better if the show didn't spend every other episode focusing on Shithead and his stupidity and fleshed out his backstory a little more instead
Wolf Guy: Not into furries, but at least he hasn't done anything to piss me off
Scorpion Guy: He's kind of a generic cold guy, but same deal as Bull Guy
Raptor: Meh
Chef: Meh
ViRGE
Save the life

Post by ViRGE »

This episode wasn't terrible, but man, do we really need 11 Rangers? Especially after only 10 episodes in?!

It's like the writers and/or Bandai have regressed to 8 year-olds. The minute they get their new shiny thing, they get bored of it and want something else. You just got a new ranger in the last damn episode! And he has a cape! Try playing with that for a bit - or any of your other toys - before whining for a new one.

The biggest problem in this episode is that to justify Justin 2.0, they had to make everyone else pick up the idiot ball. The galaxy's 10 greatest heroes, and they're all massive idiots. 9 of them are on a ship and it takes most of the episode to even think of figuring out why the ship is out of control (never mind abandoning it!). Meanwhile King Idiot is enjoying a snack while his friends get extra crispy. This show can't figure out what to do with the characters it has, let alone the new ones. So whoever is not the focus of the week apparently gets put on the comedy C-team.

I dislike the kid. But his resolve is admittedly endearing. And in between moments of stupidity, Big Bear's concern about Rebellion being in the hands of Shou, only for Lucky to come to Shou's defense, was a good (if a bit forced) character moment to show that Shou has grown, if only marginally. Though Lucky's defense was oddly constructed: Shou's a bit silly an unreliable, but not immature? :P
Lunagel wrote:I'm gonna be in the minority here, but... I like Kotarou.

Hear me out. Abandoning his little brother aside, Kotarou is probably the strongest character we've seen so far. He's fighting for his family and his home and in order to do that he's absolutely determined to become a Kyuuranger. He has a solid reason to fight and backstory.

Compared to Lucky, whom we still know next to nothing about, who didn't even know about Jark Matter before the first episode, who doesn't have a good reason to fight and is the walking epitome of "Deus ex machina that shit", Kotarou comes out ahead on every count.

Kotarou's actor is fairly competent and honestly holds his own against the rest of the cast. Plus, and this is the big thing - he has no catchphrase or irritating speech patterns. Horray!
I still don't like the kid, but you make a good point, Luna. He's the sanest and least wacky character among them. I would argue we shouldn't have to be in this situation, but since here we are, it does make him a more enjoyable character than the 10 nimrods who I am told are supposed to be adults.

Return to “Uchuu Sentai KyuuRanger”