No votes

Total votes: 12
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Kyouryuu/Dino Force Brave 05 Released

Post by Lunagel »

Y'know what, props for doing the robot fight first and the suit fight later. That was kinda fun.

Okay, it's about as subtle as slice of lemon wrapped around a large gold brick but Chibi!Juhyuk was kinda cute with his wig.
JuhyeokFan
Complacent masses
Complacent masses
Favorite Band: Cross Gene
My boom: Brave Gold Dino

Re: Kyouryuu/Dino Force Brave 05 Released

Post by JuhyeokFan »

Thank you for the subs.
ViRGE
Save the life

Post by ViRGE »

After the last couple of episodes, I feel like this one finally nailed its compact format. There's still no subtlety - their teamwork and uneven skills were fixed in a quick speech - but the pacing was right where it needed to be. The pep talk, the mecha fight, and the warehouse fight all were just as long as they needed to be.

Speaking of the mecha fight, while the heavy use of CGI is still a bit jarring, I really liked that one bit where Brave Kyouryuujin went running behind a hill to avoid being hit. It's a neat bit of using a close up with a forced perspective to make it look like the robo really is running at a quick pace.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

Yeah, I thought the pacing was alright too.
Zerato
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Drive
2nd Favorite Series: Zyuden Sentai Kyoryuger
Favorite Band: Starset
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
Quote: The guy who will bring about the end of the world...unless you give me a sandwich.
Type: INTJ Mastermind

Post by Zerato »

You know; I hadn't really considered this before, but now that I think about it, where is this series supposed to take place in terms of continuity with the original series? We know it has to take place long after the original due to Torin refering to Juyong as the second coming of Daigo in the first episode (that leads me to believe that Daigo is dead), but then where does that leave it when bringing the 100 year after movie into play?
KR
Seen: Kuuga, Agito, 555-Ex-Aid; Amazons
Dropped: Build, Saber
Now: Ryuki, Gotchard
Fave: Drive

SS
Seen: Jetman, Dekaranger, Boukenger-Zyuohger; Akibaranger
Dropped:: Kyuranger, Kiramager
Now: King-Ohger
Fave: Kyoryuger
dekared
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Gurren-Lagann
2nd Favorite Series: Den-O
Dreamy: Mei (Pteraranger)
Favorite Actor?: Al Pacino
My boom: Candy Toys
Quote: It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice.
Type: ENFP Champion

Post by dekared »

I'm guessing they don't actually have a physical suit for Brave Pteraiden-Oh, hence the need for CG in any scene it's in. But IMO, sentai could benefit from this kind of mecha fight, I was incredibly impressed last week by how awesome it was compared to most mecha fights of recent years.
WHERE'S THE SOAP?!
Kurokage X
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Garo Makai Senki
Dreamy: Kiriko
Favorite Band: Jam Project
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: Yakuza Video Games
Quote: "Yesterday is history. Tomorrow is a mystery. Today is a gift. That's why its called the present." Unknown
Type: INTJ Mastermind

Post by Kurokage X »

still curious as for why not just repaint the Pteraidenoh suit since Pteravolt is just Pteragoldon only colored blue with no major revision

But something tells me that they may reference Daigo again since Security did asked Daigo 2.0 where he got his use of brave in his speeches from
Currently Watching
Super Sentai: Kiramager
Kamen Rider: Saber
Ultraman: Z

Finished Watching
Super Sentai: Go Onger-Gokaiger, Kyoryuger Onward
Kamen Rider: Kuuga, Kabuto, Kiva, Fourze Onward
Ultraman: Gaia, Nexus, X, Orb-R/B
Go-On Macaroni
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top
Type: INFP Healer

Post by Go-On Macaroni »

dekared wrote:But IMO, sentai could benefit from this kind of mecha fight, I was incredibly impressed last week by how awesome it was compared to most mecha fights of recent years.
Mecha scenes recently... they're probably the fault of the action director or whomever just not wanting to do anything outright creative with them than the effects (though, one could say that about sentai, in general, the past few years anyways). I personally disagree on switching cold-turkey to CGI though since I can't help but feel the CGI mecha fights are a turn-off. I mean, would you get the same feel of these effects you get off of this with CGI?

Or something like this?
When I see mecha fights, I like feeling like it's a giant piece of machinery; like it has that weight and body to it that the suit actors also help with. Making it CGI just... takes that away and it feels more like flippy-waba-majenkin that you could doodle on a computer. If you like it more, then hey, more power to you. I'm just saying that it doesn't do too much for me.
NinaAkashi
There are four lights!
There are four lights!
Favorite series: Boukenger
2nd Favorite Series: Kyoryuger Brave
Quote: All you need to do is to move on.

Post by NinaAkashi »

The opening picture thou..... where can i find a wallpaper version of that?! :D I love my 5 Brave Oppas. :lol:
Once i used the Bouken Red Ranger Key, i would be called Shoujo Bouken Red
Arashi1984
Golden Knight
Golden Knight
Favorite Band: DUSTZ

Post by Arashi1984 »

You can find the pictures here: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=66&start=1245 :wink:
NinaAkashi
There are four lights!
There are four lights!
Favorite series: Boukenger
2nd Favorite Series: Kyoryuger Brave
Quote: All you need to do is to move on.

Post by NinaAkashi »

Thank you. *bows* :)
Once i used the Bouken Red Ranger Key, i would be called Shoujo Bouken Red
dekared
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Gurren-Lagann
2nd Favorite Series: Den-O
Dreamy: Mei (Pteraranger)
Favorite Actor?: Al Pacino
My boom: Candy Toys
Quote: It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice.
Type: ENFP Champion

Post by dekared »

Go-On Macaroni wrote:
dekared wrote:But IMO, sentai could benefit from this kind of mecha fight, I was incredibly impressed last week by how awesome it was compared to most mecha fights of recent years.
Mecha scenes recently... they're probably the fault of the action director or whomever just not wanting to do anything outright creative with them than the effects (though, one could say that about sentai, in general, the past few years anyways). I personally disagree on switching cold-turkey to CGI though since I can't help but feel the CGI mecha fights are a turn-off. I mean, would you get the same feel of these effects you get off of this with CGI?

Or something like this?
When I see mecha fights, I like feeling like it's a giant piece of machinery; like it has that weight and body to it that the suit actors also help with. Making it CGI just... takes that away and it feels more like flippy-waba-majenkin that you could doodle on a computer. If you like it more, then hey, more power to you. I'm just saying that it doesn't do too much for me.
Don't get me wrong, I vastly prefer physical effects, in fact I disliked Gaoranger's mecha because of too much CGI. And I adore those examples you gave. I just like a more involved mecha fight, like we used to get in the mid 90's, the main one on my mind is Zyuranger, where they punch each other around a bit, maybe lop Daizyujin's arm off. But recently it feels like they combine their mecha, take an attack or two from the Kaiju, and then blow it up. I also miss having a special sword to finish them off with.

So yes, absolutely stick mainly to physical effects, like with Kyurenoh I love the docking scenes. But just adding a dash of CGI in, to complement the physical suit, ala Dekaranger Robo, or Gokaioh, or indeed Brave Kyoryujin would be wonderful. Basically I felt those scenes in this episode and the last were like a breath of fresh air, and I would like to see mainline sentai do more like this.
WHERE'S THE SOAP?!

Return to “ZyuDen Sentai Kyouryuuger”