KyuuRanger Space.17 released

SPACE SQUADRON KITAAA!!!
Forum rules

Uchuu Sentai KyuuRanger Wiki Link

< Jyuohger | KyuuRanger | Lupin VS Pat

Spoiler rules: No posting information about unreleased stuff. Preview and movie promo discussion must be in marked spoiler tags.

Ratings

Poll ended at Sun Jun 18, 2017 1:56 am

☆☆☆☆☆
11%
☆☆☆☆
44%
☆☆☆
19%
☆☆
11%
15%

Total votes: 27
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

KyuuRanger Space.17 released

Post by takenoko »

< Previous
Wiki
Next >

Last week's results: 3.96 / 5 (26 votes)

Alternate Title - Pokemon Sun and Moon KyuuTama

I can see how on paper this would be a pretty fun Sentai episode. The shadow gimmick of the bad guy is cool. The sun and moon stuff interacting with the different members is a great synergy. We even check in on the best members of the story.

But it's KyuuRanger, so most the characters say and do annoying things and you end up not caring for most of it.

Seriously would have liked the Sun/Moon KyuuTama to just be traded between Garou and Balance, instead of Lucky being the one to give them their special powers. Take out the dumb, stupid, useless middleman (although them hanging from the sky to be the sun was kind of fun).

Also, points for using Hame's invisibility and Raptor's flying in a good way. It seems like individual powers are really underused in this series. Minus points for Hame doing a ninja thing, but it's actually just her Voyager digging a hole under the dome. It's like the writing is for dumb babies sometimes. Double minus points for Hame going "Oh wow, it like totally sucks to fight someone who you can't see." Like the writer makes everything about this girl so annoying.

Next episode:
Spoiler
Yes, please save us from this shit show, DekaRanger. Please bring back the Gokaigers too. Gavan, I'll tolerate you if it means Deka will be there.
Go-On Macaroni
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top
Type: INFP Healer

Re: KyuuRanger Space.17 released

Post by Go-On Macaroni »

takenoko wrote:Next episode:
Spoiler
Yes, please save us from this shit show, DekaRanger. Please bring back the Gokaigers too. Gavan, I'll tolerate you if it means Deka will be there.
Spoiler
The Gokaiger got their run last year, bring back Flashman this time!

Also, since I'm sure someone will ask, this and the next ep. are written by Naruhisa Arakawa (who's also writing both Space Squad films).
TypicalStandUser
Save the life
Favorite series: Amazons
2nd Favorite Series: GoBusters
Dreamy: Kaho Shibuya
Favorite Actor?: Julia Louis-Dreyfus
Favorite Band: Owarikara
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: Cooking food
Quote: Oh snap! Lemon Pepper Wet?!

Post by TypicalStandUser »

Garou's "your momma's so fat" joke also reminds me of when Hijikata was a fat girl. And it's nice that Balance gets to be like Crazy Diamond.

Meh episode.
The haters all around this world can drink Childish Gambino's daycare while I, the insignificant nobody they branded as, continue to survive & thrive.
dannydice64
7X

Post by dannydice64 »

5/5

Solar-powered Balance and Lunar-powered Garou

Another thing, Lucky is SO LUCKY!!! MAN!!! He save 2 girls (a non-earthling human and an android), he's such a ladies-man

Next Episode
Spoiler
Dekarangers and Gavan Type-G Appears, TBH I'm not fanatic of them but give a chance to them (in promotion of upcoming Dekaranger vs. Gavan). Also, I wish Gokaigers are there too (even though they guess last year in Zyuohger)
TypicalStandUser
Save the life
Favorite series: Amazons
2nd Favorite Series: GoBusters
Dreamy: Kaho Shibuya
Favorite Actor?: Julia Louis-Dreyfus
Favorite Band: Owarikara
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: Cooking food
Quote: Oh snap! Lemon Pepper Wet?!

Post by TypicalStandUser »

The haters all around this world can drink Childish Gambino's daycare while I, the insignificant nobody they branded as, continue to survive & thrive.
dannydice64
7X

Post by dannydice64 »

I saw minor error in 16:44-16:45

Balance's lines have the font styles wrong
Cyborg-Lucario
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Black/Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Fourze/Gokaiger
Dreamy: Garou (Ookami Blue)
Alignment: Lawful Neutral
Type: INFJ Counselor

Post by Cyborg-Lucario »

I found the episode to be enjoyable and I like how Balance and Garou are being powered by the sun and moon respectively, and Shaidos has a cool design.
A cyborg pokémon who may or may not be a Kamen Rider.
Phoenix512
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top

Post by Phoenix512 »

I wish there was a way to keep Moody Star permanently instead of Super Star because Moody Star was actually cool.
Greenstalker
Mega

Post by Greenstalker »

I understand garou getting powered by moon is a gimmick for lycanthropes but why balance got powered by sun? Overall this was one of best episodes of kyuurangers imho and that is despite stupid jokes in the episode. The jokes themselves not so bad but the acting done by raptor and Hame were.....lets not talk about it. I get the feeling that Lucky's personality slightly changed with sun moon tama too but i only watched this episode once need to check again.
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

This averagely designed powerup reminded me we haven't seen that shitty Pegasus one since it first appeared.

It's nice we can kind of have an episode with two character bonding without Lucky. I say kind of because of he still had to use the powerup.

Balance proving he is still best character.
CaptainTalon449
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider OOO
Alignment: Neutral Good
Quote: "This is our stage" -Kazuraba Kouta
Type: ENFJ Teacher

Post by CaptainTalon449 »

There's one I can appreciate though and that's at least the power ups aren't being overused to the point where you're questioning why Red has a team in the first place like in Zyuohger. Pegasus hasn't been used all that much outside of one episode.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

But they're still red-only power ups so far... Why not spread it out or have other people where the goofy head and chest pieces?
midorininger
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Shinkenger
2nd Favorite Series: Dekaranger
My boom: Transformers

Post by midorininger »

Greenstalker wrote:I understand garou getting powered by moon is a gimmick for lycanthropes but why balance got powered by sun? Overall this was one of best episodes of kyuurangers imho and that is despite stupid jokes in the episode. The jokes themselves not so bad but the acting done by raptor and Hame were.....lets not talk about it. I get the feeling that Lucky's personality slightly changed with sun moon tama too but i only watched this episode once need to check again.
Taiyo ShishiRed was peppier than usual. and as for Tenbingold, well, gold is associated with the sun, so that where that comes from. i was half hoping they were going to say he was solar powered and all that sun light pouring down on him made him go super mode. is it just me or is it as troup that blue and gold members often have rivalries?
CaptainTalon449 wrote:There's one I can appreciate though and that's at least the power ups aren't being overused to the point where you're questioning why Red has a team in the first place like in Zyuohger. Pegasus hasn't been used all that much outside of one episode.
um, in Yamato's case, those powers were infused into him, and technically JYUohger didnt have any super mode or powers, except for the awakened instinct modes which they had from day 1. if anyone abused the team power up thing, it was Takaharu. Still have seen the girls in Transcendant mode yet, or Nagi? nope.

for Lucky at least, they arent really power ups for him alone. Pega-chan was worn by Shou before the series started. other members COULD wear that pegasus cloth--- armor ... if they made the time to tame the pegasus Kyuutama.
HERE, its not exactly limited to him again. he just happens to use it.
so 2 things:
1- no one bats and eye lash over it being the "GREAT" Hikari Kyuutama? are there other "Great" kyuutama?
2- really Toei? no "on behalf of the moon i shall punish you!" from Lucky? was really expecting that!

im glad Raptor is doing more, but as Speed Star, shouldnt a high speed enemy have been something she could have handled?
Kurokage X
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Garo Makai Senki
Dreamy: Kiriko
Favorite Band: Jam Project
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: Yakuza Video Games
Quote: "Yesterday is history. Tomorrow is a mystery. Today is a gift. That's why its called the present." Unknown
Type: INTJ Mastermind

Post by Kurokage X »

it's an ok episode focusing mostly on Balance & Garu AKA "Ultraman Belial" & "Ultraman Max" because of their respective voice actors being in ultraman for anyone unaware
and Lucky get's punched several times because he doesn't know the enemy attacks you if you insult him and I like Lucky getting hit since I hated his guts
speaking of which is the Hikari Kyutama suppose to make Balance go JoJo and Garu become Geki Blue when each mode is use for their respective side?
and why send Shou down the hole a chameleon made with a big ass dragon

also no major development between Garu & Balance which disappointed me but seeing Lucky get hit 7 times by an enemy he can't see is enough to make it up
Currently Watching
Super Sentai: Kiramager
Kamen Rider: Saber
Ultraman: Z

Finished Watching
Super Sentai: Go Onger-Gokaiger, Kyoryuger Onward
Kamen Rider: Kuuga, Kabuto, Kiva, Fourze Onward
Ultraman: Gaia, Nexus, X, Orb-R/B
njb
Strongest Brave
Strongest Brave
Favorite series: Timeranger
2nd Favorite Series: Fourze

Post by njb »

Strangely, Balance didn't get super-powered when the Orion got near the sun...
Watching:
- SS Kiramei, Deka, Ninnin
- KR Saber
Finished:
- SS Time, Shinken to Toq, Jyuoh to Ryusoul
- KR Decade to Zero-One

Return to “Uchuu Sentai KyuuRanger”