KyuuRanger Space.20 released

SPACE SQUADRON KITAAA!!!
Forum rules

Uchuu Sentai KyuuRanger Wiki Link

< Jyuohger | KyuuRanger | Lupin VS Pat

Spoiler rules: No posting information about unreleased stuff. Preview and movie promo discussion must be in marked spoiler tags.

Ratings

Poll ended at Sun Jul 16, 2017 11:26 pm

☆☆☆☆☆
36%
☆☆☆☆
24%
☆☆☆
16%
☆☆
8%
16%

Total votes: 25
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

KyuuRanger Space.20 released

Post by takenoko »

< Previous
Wiki
Next >

Last week's results: 2.63 / 5 (19 votes)

Alternate Title - Stinger has Mike Tyson tattoos AKA he's an idiot

Kotarou is the star player this episode. Too bad Stinger had to show he has negative IQ to do it. Seriously, Stinger, you are a shitty lone wolf. You're not strong enough to pull it off, even a little bit. Stop trying.

There's a KyuuTama that just exists to record video? That's dumb. I can't believe how lazy and unimaginative this show is sometimes.

2/5 stars, was not amused. It says something that the annoying little kid archetype is the only good character in the series. Toei, if you release bonus stuff on Blu-ray in the expectations that we'll buy it, let's just say, don't hold your breath.

Preview
Spoiler
What? You're fucking ripping off MagiRanger now? /me slaps his head

Correction
It looks like we've been translating the constellation for Scorpius wrong the whole time. I always thought it was dumb that Scorpio was from the Scorpio System. Anyway, it looks like Scorpio comes from the astrology side of things, not the constellation side.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scorpius
Go-On Macaroni
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top
Type: INFP Healer

Re: KyuuRanger Space.20 released

Post by Go-On Macaroni »

takenoko wrote:Preview
Spoiler
What? You're fucking ripping off MagiRanger now? /me slaps his head
Spoiler
Nah, he's totally a Changeman homage.
ViRGE
Save the life

Post by ViRGE »

I enjoyed this episode, but generally it's in spite of Stinger, not because of him. His personal quest for vengeance (and desire to do it alone) just isn't very interesting. Which is a shame, because it doesn't have to be this way; if it were handled differently, it could have been genuinely captivating. But oh well, at least it's nearly done, and in the meantime we still have the Melon Prince.:p

Kotarou is definitely the highlight of this episode. Normally I loathe kid actors, but so far the writers are doing well with him, and he has yet to disappoint. Unlike Stinger's plot, his plot is actually interesting, partially because of his relationship with Stinger (a good supporting character, I lousy lead, I suppose) and partially because he's the only Earthican of the group. So his shame at his fellow humans and his anger at Stinger feel natural; in fact his age probably is a benefit here. Also, when he's fighting untransformed, I like how they're using his size and agility in an interesting manner. The kid isn't really a stunt fighter (that takes training), but he's got some moves. However someone needs to teach him basic first aid: you don't administer shots in the back (unless it's the lead kind), you administer them in the keister.:o

One thing that has caught my eye in this series - and especially this episode - is that the writers haven't been afraid to portray the locals in a bad light. In a normal Sentai series, even if they can't fight they're at least supportive. However here, the show is taking the time to showcase how petty and hostile the people are. They even threw a rock at a kid!

Finally, I thought the Moraimaazu fleet was supposed to instantly wipe out the Earth? It's the end of the episode and the Earth is still standing.:p
takenoko wrote:There's a KyuuTama that just exists to record video? That's dumb. I can't believe how lazy and unimaginative this show is sometimes.
They have 88 of these to show off. We're going to get a lot of stupid ones.:( (Seriously, who the heck thought 88 different collectable widgets was a good idea?)

Oh and Take, this thread needs to be moved to the Kyuuranger section of the board.:P

Edit: Meanwhile, stolen from Reddit

Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

Kotarous actor is not shit. Toei can pull some good child actors for long term roles it seems.

Rest of the episode was kind of shit. Stinger doing the angsty solo avenger thing doesn't work. He isn't good at it and it goes against the teamwork thing they've tried to push for him.

It's a shame they just have to straight up backseat a whole heap of characters to get focus on 2 (Lucky is just there by proxy).
Greenstalker
Mega

Post by Greenstalker »

This episode reminded me saint seiya especially mention of antares unfortunately i couldn't find a good video to show what i mean :P
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

Antares is the brightest star in the Scorpio constellation, hence the usage in both series.
Eternal_Winterbane
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Go-Busters
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral

Post by Eternal_Winterbane »

Maybe it's the lack of energy in me at the moment but I actually enjoyed this episode and while it did have it's stupid flaws (here's looking at you sting-man and stupid Kyuutama uses) it was a very solid episode, Kotarou's development was great, the cast felt important as in their presence can be felt, and it got me thinking, if they keep Lucky just slightly to the side and allow the team to shine this would be a much better series coming off a rather blunt series previously. and I personally am hyped for next week, minus one tiny complaint regarding suit design but i'll rant on that next week.

4/5 for me
Boukensilver06
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Blade
2nd Favorite Series: Dekaranger
Alignment: Chaotic Good

Post by Boukensilver06 »

Even though this episode was eh, it does seem like there is an upward turn when it comes to the quality of the episodes. They aren't fantastic, but they are better than what we have been stuck with since Episode 6ish.
Zerato
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Drive
2nd Favorite Series: Zyuden Sentai Kyoryuger
Favorite Band: Starset
Quote: The guy who will bring about the end of the world...unless you give me a sandwich.
Type: INTJ Mastermind

Post by Zerato »

This is one of the better episodes of the series, though that isn't really saying much. Stinger is being a complete and total idiot and Kotarou, easily one of the best characters in the show, doesn't have much room to speak in regards to the whole "bad big brother" thing seeing as how we haven't seen his little brother once since his debut episode.
takenoko wrote:There's a KyuuTama that just exists to record video? That's dumb. I can't believe how lazy and unimaginative this show is sometimes.
Is that really a fair reason to call the show lazy? Yes, the show is lazy on quite a few fronts; but they have at least 89 of their collectible devices to run through, a number that's seconded only to the Ranger Keys (unless I'm forgetting something). I think we can forgive some of them for being useless.
KR
Seen: Kuuga, Agito, 555-Ex-Aid; Amazons
Dropped: Build, Saber
Now: Ryuki, Gotchard
Fave: Drive

SS
Seen: Jetman, Dekaranger, Boukenger-Zyuohger; Akibaranger
Dropped:: Kyuranger, Kiramager
Now: King-Ohger
Fave: Kyoryuger
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

In a better show it'd be a laughable nitpick. If everything else is lazy, then yeah, this one thing is lazy too. The show would have been stronger by just not showing that KyuuTama. Or the fish one either. Remember they don't need to show all 88 items in action. No kid is going to go "I want the one that makes the fish, mama"

Without cheating, does anyone even remember which KyuuTama is the dumb hologram recorder one?
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Post by Lunagel »

I want the one that makes the dumb tie-in plastic cups mom!
Cyborg-Lucario
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Black/Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Fourze/Gokaiger
Dreamy: Garou (Ookami Blue)
Alignment: Lawful Neutral
Type: INFJ Counselor

Post by Cyborg-Lucario »

I thought this episode was ok, aside from a few issues that is. But I have to commend Kotarou's actor just for the fact that he's good compared to other child actors.
He was indeed the star of the episode.
A cyborg pokémon who may or may not be a Kamen Rider.
Zerato
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Drive
2nd Favorite Series: Zyuden Sentai Kyoryuger
Favorite Band: Starset
Quote: The guy who will bring about the end of the world...unless you give me a sandwich.

Post by Zerato »

takenoko wrote:Without cheating, does anyone even remember which KyuuTama is the dumb hologram recorder one?
I wanna say it's in the 30s, but I'm not positive. Of course, as a comparison, I enjoyed Fourze yet I couldn't name more than half of the main 40 Astroswitches if you held a gun to my head.
KR
Seen: Kuuga, Agito, 555-Ex-Aid; Amazons
Dropped: Build, Saber
Now: Ryuki, Gotchard
Fave: Drive

SS
Seen: Jetman, Dekaranger, Boukenger-Zyuohger; Akibaranger
Dropped:: Kyuranger, Kiramager
Now: King-Ohger
Fave: Kyoryuger
Kurokage X
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Garo Makai Senki
Dreamy: Kiriko
Favorite Band: Jam Project
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: Yakuza Video Games
Quote: "Yesterday is history. Tomorrow is a mystery. Today is a gift. That's why its called the present." Unknown

Post by Kurokage X »

Best episode of Kyuranger for me so far

Lucky is not being an idiot as he's serious for almost, if not all of the episode and the biggest plus for me would be that he doesn't say his catchphrase at all during this episode to which I say hallelujah for it
Kotaro seems to be the major focus in this episode since he wants to bring Stinger back from his lone wolf suicide act
Stinger, sorta finally understands that he needs to work with the team to get what he needs to get taken cared of instead of doing it alone and dying failing his goals
Champ seems to be able to come back if his eyes glowing means anything
Humans are asses here, rejecting their saving forces because Jark matter will spare you which is obviously a lie if you turn the Kyurangers over but I don't care about it
Currently Watching
Super Sentai: Kiramager
Kamen Rider: Saber
Ultraman: Z

Finished Watching
Super Sentai: Go Onger-Gokaiger, Kyoryuger Onward
Kamen Rider: Kuuga, Kabuto, Kiva, Fourze Onward
Ultraman: Gaia, Nexus, X, Orb-R/B
midorininger
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Shinkenger
2nd Favorite Series: Dekaranger
My boom: Transformers

Post by midorininger »

i agree that its nice they are sticking to a characters subplot, and how it brings him together with 2 other rangers, Champ and Kotarou, but i feel everyone else is kinda left out.

but hey! at least its not "the amazing ranger red and friends save the day!" if anything, him using the hikari kyuutama lets them do that, but play the teamwork piece by making him a supporter.

any yeah scorpio milos came to mind too, except his antares was a sure 1 hit kill, in this cause though it sort of like when Rinjyuken Melee would do with her tongue to give a power boost to warriors but theyd die afterwards.

what i think is missed here is that stinger isnt a lone wolf. he is just a loner because thats what he has known, and as the lonely type, doesnt want to burden people with his troubles. the types are similar yes, but, a lonely type isnt as strong as the lone wolf type. the lone wolf type is usually the game changer and can do on his own. (gekiviolet, gaosilver, yamato from digimon, pheonix ikki, etc)

Return to “Uchuu Sentai KyuuRanger”