It's more than just Kamen Rider and Sentai
Shanneene
Gao
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Kiva
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Faiz
My boom: hitop sneakers

Armor Hero XT and Giant Saver

Post by Shanneene »

I heard of a show called Armor Hero XT. I think it's a follow-up of the first Armor Hero show. It's Chinese, which makes it different. Apparently, another had decided to sub it, but I think they dropped it because they haven't updated in about 2-4 years lols. It looks interesting, at least. I did manage to find a horribly english dubbed version of it on youtube, but I haven't managed to find the raws of it, to get the authentic feel.

I also heard about another series which looks cool is called Giant Saver, or something. It was on youtube. Apparently, it also has a first and second series to it. The first series is subbed via closed captions on youtube, but the second series doesn't look like it's subbed yet. Has anyone watched any of Giant Saver, and can tell me if it's any good?
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Re: Armor Hero XT and Giant Saver

Post by Lunagel »

I think the original production company tried to do their own dubbing of Armor Hero hence why it's shit. I saw the original series, it's long and doesn't make sense and I don't remember anything about it. Random characters would get introduced and then dropped and it would meander about.

Giant Saver I hadn't heard about before I just googled it, but I recommend staying away from Chinese tokusatsu. It's pretty damn shit.
Shanneene
Gao
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Kiva
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Faiz
My boom: hitop sneakers

Post by Shanneene »

I just checked out some sample vids and I laughed at how the buildings looked like cardboard boxes. And I'm not sure, but the red characters voice is just so weird, it sounds like a chinese dub over the original chinese voices. I have seen a lot of movies and shows where they do that. I don't see the point of it, myself.
The Denmeister
That's so ridiculous
That's so ridiculous
Favorite series: Kamen Rider (1971)
2nd Favorite Series: Winspector
Dreamy: Yellow Flash
Favorite Actor?: Hiroshi Miyauchi
Favorite Band: Motörhead
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: Ninja Captor
Quote: "Oh Shaboobie" -Myself.
Type: INTJ Mastermind

Post by The Denmeister »

Armor Hero XT and all following entries are better than the orginial. Find more non Japanese toku, it deserves to be seen. Also their Sentai series are pretty damn impressive.
Some would sell their soul for Rock n' Roll, I'd sell mine to get Ninja Captor subbed.
Primus_fansub
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Blade
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider W
Dreamy: Dekayellow
Favorite Actor?: Takeru Sato
Favorite Band: Riverside
Alignment: Lawful Good
My boom: Kamen Rider Build
Quote: Geronimo!

Post by Primus_fansub »

I haven't heard good things about Giant Saver and the follow-ups...the suits look Ok though.

Return to “Other Heroes”