KyuuRanger Space.22 released

SPACE SQUADRON KITAAA!!!
Forum rules

Uchuu Sentai KyuuRanger Wiki Link

< Jyuohger | KyuuRanger | Lupin VS Pat

Spoiler rules: No posting information about unreleased stuff. Preview and movie promo discussion must be in marked spoiler tags.

Ratings

Poll ended at Sun Aug 06, 2017 4:52 am

☆☆☆☆☆
11%
☆☆☆☆
53%
☆☆☆
16%
☆☆
No votes
21%

Total votes: 19
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

KyuuRanger Space.22 released

Post by takenoko »

< Previous
Wiki
Next >

Last week's results: 3.62 / 5 (29 votes)

Alternate Title - Astronaut Ranger

Yeah, I enjoyed this episode too. Nice!

The only thing I really had a problem with was them lampshading the fact that the monster of the week was a recolor. I honestly didn't notice till they brought it up, so kinda backfired with that one.

Everything else was fine to entertaining. We finally get to spend some time with Spada and Raptor.

We learn a bit more about Houou Soldier. I'm a bit surprised that they don't emphasize the man out of time aspect more, but I guess they were too busy getting into the main story.

One thing I liked about this episode (besides the fact that Lucky was barely in it) is that the humor was funny without feeling just dumbed down or relying too much on catch phrases. 4/5 lucky stars, nice job!

Also, bon dancing is back.
PHurricane
The Eyes in the Skies
The Eyes in the Skies
Favorite series: W/Den-O
2nd Favorite Series: Gokaiger

Re: KyuuRanger Space.22 released

Post by PHurricane »

I’ve been quiet the last few episodes because my opinion has been swinging back and forth and I’ve gotten fatigued of critiquing sentai. I didn’t have to worry this week because this was a really enjoyable episode from start to finish.

I really liked Tsurugi this episode. His arrogance in his debut was a bit off-putting and I think the writers had challenged themselves to use legend/legendary more than lucky given how many times he worked it into conversation, but he backed all his talk up this episode and his go-to expression “My word” is just old-fashioned enough to work as a reminder that he’s not from this time period. Speaking of the past, his history sounded more outrageous than one of Raptor’s fantasies, yet we did get confirmation that Jark Matter has tried to erase mention of him. And he’s evidently intelligent enough to design androids. Makes me wonder what else is true.

(And while I don’t hate the KyuuRangers, the way he described them all when he dismissed them as less-than legitimate soldiers was pretty funny.)

His powers bug/confuse me a little. So, he's not a KyuuRanger, but he uses KyuuTamas, weapons, mecha, etc. that are functionally the same. And we know that the Commander's powers are the prototype for the KyuuRangers' systems. So, is the Commander's powers (and therefore all of the KyuuRangers) based on Houou?

Plot-wise, it’s interesting that Tsurugi supposedly killed Don Armage already. I wonder if Forest Sprite’s precious Orion was not as virtuous as he made himself out to be and secretly took the Shogun’s place once the only person who knew better was locked away. Or I could be overthinking it and this is a hint that Don Armage has some Dangerous Zombie-like power that keeps reviving him. Admittedly, that would nicely tie-in to a phoenix being his opponent thematically.

New villains next week! Let’s hope they’re more threatening/stick around longer than the last several groups of “elite” warriors.

Poor Champ. Back one episode and he gets shipped off to a forest planet.

One last note - I think this was the most I’ve enjoyed Spada getting focus time even though it doesn’t really come across as a “Spada episode”. Bodyguard Spada is a lot more fun to watch than cooking cliche generator Spada.
TypicalStandUser
Save the life
Favorite series: Amazons
2nd Favorite Series: GoBusters
Dreamy: Kaho Shibuya
Favorite Actor?: Julia Louis-Dreyfus
Favorite Band: Owarikara
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: Cooking food
Quote: Oh snap! Lemon Pepper Wet?!

Post by TypicalStandUser »

Hey NPH Wannabe, explain why you're named after a university or how you've made gynoids like Mao-chan.

Meh episode but I want the truth of this NPH Wannabe. Prove that he can't match the man that is... Count Olaf and Dr. Horrible!!
The haters all around this world can drink Childish Gambino's daycare while I, the insignificant nobody they branded as, continue to survive & thrive.
Eternal_Winterbane
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Go-Busters

Post by Eternal_Winterbane »

Something important hit me, and it might just be because of rehashing sound effects etc, but if this series does indeed take place 300 years later from the current sentai time line, what if Houou was originally a Buster? I wonder that because of the roll call and they use the dash effect and sound from Red Buster when Houou uses his? I mean it's probably not the case but hey would be very interesting.
kangchan
Douza Uru Zazaado

Post by kangchan »

Eternal_Winterbane wrote:Something important hit me, and it might just be because of rehashing sound effects etc, but if this series does indeed take place 300 years later from the current sentai time line, what if Houou was originally a Buster? I wonder that because of the roll call and they use the dash effect and sound from Red Buster when Houou uses his? I mean it's probably not the case but hey would be very interesting.
This series stays in parallel universe that is different with the past 40 Super Sentai's universe. The Earth of Kyuranger is not the Earth of the past 40 Super Sentai. Episode 18 (Kyuranger vs Dekaranger) was confirmed.
Eternal_Winterbane
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Go-Busters

Post by Eternal_Winterbane »

kangchan wrote: This series stays in parallel universe that is different with the past 40 Super Sentai's universe. The Earth of Kyuranger is not the Earth of the past 40 Super Sentai. Episode 18 (Kyuranger vs Dekaranger) was confirmed.
Perhaps it's this universes Busters, but like i said it's probably just them re-using sound and graphic effects. but it would have been an interesting twist
Cyborg-Lucario
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Black/Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Fourze/Gokaiger
Dreamy: Garou (Ookami Blue)
Alignment: Lawful Neutral
Type: INFJ Counselor

Post by Cyborg-Lucario »

I liked this episode. We get a proper look at Tsurugi's character and how he apparently killed Don Armage before he went to sleep.
While Orion having taken on the disguise of Don Armage may be interesting so do I think that he's just hard to kill and probably brainwashed Orion into one of his closest men (that is if Orion is even still alive).
A cyborg pokémon who may or may not be a Kamen Rider.
midorininger
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Shinkenger
2nd Favorite Series: Dekaranger
My boom: Transformers

Post by midorininger »

he had issue with the team. my thing was ...
he merely called Hame a girl. however she is a trained ninja. youd think he'd respect that, since she'd be the only potential warrior. the "dog man" as he put it i would think he'd think more of as with keener senses he'd be an ideal fighter. the "bull robo" wasnt good enough either?
oh and let us not forget he slammed lucky for relying on luck.

being time displaced likely wouldnt affect him since its been 300 modern years. so i dont think tech advanced that much ... especially since *HE* designed it all.

despite defeating Don Armage, his body could have died but that doesnt mean his soul did too that he isnt trying to ressurect himself. wouldnt be the first sentai main villain trying to be resurrected and controlling things from beyond the grave right?

and hohou voyager seems to have a cool finisher. but hohou base seems to be the most useless part at this point in time.
Barim
Sentai Senshi
Favorite series: SS: Shinkenger
2nd Favorite Series: KR: Ryuki
Favorite Band: Queen

Post by Barim »

What about the scene where Don Armage summoned his Vice-Shoguns? He was even a hologram in that.

To me that suggests that they either have not made the costume yet or it is a hint to a significant plot point. With all the speculation in this topic, it would not be too hard to believe for me if Jark Matter has been ruled by a hologram for 300 years, like a "man behind the curtain".
Spoiler
Once the Heron to set his path,
Twice the Heron to name him true,
Once the Dragon for remembrance lost,
Twice the Dragon for the price he must pay.
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

Pretty good episode. I'm liking Tsurugi a lot. He's a good humour character without being a gag because he's good in combat, and his presence injects somewhat of a personal stake against Jark Matter. As a the antagonists, it's implied they are super strong but we don't really know much about them like we have other series antagonists and I feel that Tsurugi is going to help that.

Also, his robot is bitching.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

Oh yeah, the rocket ship and space station mecha is the best they've had in a while.
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

I'm also a sucker for the flaming sword shtick.
midorininger
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Shinkenger
2nd Favorite Series: Dekaranger
My boom: Transformers

Post by midorininger »

the base still seems useless.
and he better be the last! this is 12 guys now. if around ep 36 a new rangers rears their head, they better be something like a black hole ranger that cant transform often or use their power akin to sailor saturn. that would be a good member but unless thats the case, NO MORE

rocket and satellite are cool. kind gobot feeling though.
ViRGE
Save the life

Post by ViRGE »

takenoko wrote:Oh yeah, the rocket ship and space station mecha is the best they've had in a while.
The model work is to die for. After all of the CGI, it's fun to see a mecha combo that's done almost entirely via models. That said, the robo itself is kind of bulky and unremarkable (though the same could be said for the rest of them, as well).
PHurricane wrote:(And while I don’t hate the KyuuRangers, the way he described them all when he dismissed them as less-than legitimate soldiers was pretty funny.)
By the time he mentioned the kid, he was uncomfortably on the nose.

Return to “Uchuu Sentai KyuuRanger”