KyuuRanger Space.25 released

SPACE SQUADRON KITAAA!!!
Forum rules

Uchuu Sentai KyuuRanger Wiki Link

< Jyuohger | KyuuRanger | Lupin VS Pat

Spoiler rules: No posting information about unreleased stuff. Preview and movie promo discussion must be in marked spoiler tags.

Ratings

Poll ended at Sat Aug 26, 2017 11:15 pm

☆☆☆☆☆
24%
☆☆☆☆
32%
☆☆☆
20%
☆☆
4%
20%

Total votes: 25
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

KyuuRanger Space.25 released

Post by takenoko »

< Previous
Wiki
Next >

Last week's results: 3.62 / 5 (13 votes)

Alternate Title - 12 Saints

That was surprisingly good. Made good use of the fact that there's 12 members. Each of the characters had sort of a relevant thing to face, although the weaker ones are pretty inevitable given how imbalanced some of the characterization has been for this series.

When they first arrived, and it's just Spada and Raptor, for a moment I thought it was Girls in Trouble, since I just saw that movie last night. Seems kind of fitting that Yellow and Pink in this series are close.

Keep on track, KyuuRanger. Use your gimmick well and have actual character moments and we'll get along just fine.

Aw man, Sawai Miyuu last week and Hata Mizuho this week playing a mom. Sucks to grow old.

Edit: Kotarou, seriously, pick up your brother from the enslaved Earth and keep him on Orion. At least be your little brother's keeper instead of going on adventures across the galaxy while ignoring him. I bet Kotarou doesn't even know if his brother is alive or not.

This is like the worse version of Maadakko yet...
TypicalStandUser
Save the life
Favorite series: Amazons
2nd Favorite Series: GoBusters
Dreamy: Kaho Shibuya
Favorite Actor?: Julia Louis-Dreyfus
Favorite Band: Owarikara
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: Cooking food
Quote: Oh snap! Lemon Pepper Wet?!

Re: KyuuRanger Space.25 released

Post by TypicalStandUser »

Eri-Nyaa, you're better than this. Please quit the show and move on.

Alright for now. Can't wait for next week's P-Bandai Exclusive demonstration.
The haters all around this world can drink Childish Gambino's daycare while I, the insignificant nobody they branded as, continue to survive & thrive.
PHurricane
The Eyes in the Skies
The Eyes in the Skies
Favorite series: W/Den-O
2nd Favorite Series: Gokaiger

Post by PHurricane »

That Shin-chan commercial was so creepy…

Right, Kyuuranger. It was a decent episode. I assumed based on last week’s preview that the spirit obstacles would all be evil, but it was kind of nice that Commander and Kotarou got a chance to interact with (the real?) spirits of their loved ones one last time. (Raptor...why...)

Hey, at least we finally got an answer on who is watching Kotarou’s little brother while he’s running around the galaxy. I figured he was okay, but I know that was bothering some people.
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Post by Lunagel »

I still think Koutarou is the best character. He's got a clear reason for wanting to save the Earth and really had a moment going there with his mom. This whole episode really was much better for him being the main character.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

It's Kotarou with one u. You can remember it's Ko because it means "small" like "small bear". Or in this case, "small tarou".
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Post by Lunagel »

Damn you autocorrect!
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

Just Correct, Go-On Blue
midorininger
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Shinkenger
2nd Favorite Series: Dekaranger
My boom: Transformers

Post by midorininger »

my thing was this:
i liked that Kotarou got some development, BUT, i felt Tsurugi fighting his former ally, and perhaps getting closer could have been a better story line to develop his "legendary" character. sure seeing the kid make peace with his mother who died when he is younger and strengthen his resolve to protect the universe is a good plot too .... i felt he got enough, for now, spot light in the brothers arc.

Kyutamajin is a mess even with all 12 members. whats worse ... that was the design that made it to the light.

other seemingly important things:
-we werent allowed to see dr anton's face, and champ couldnt fight him
-naga saw no one
-balance saw naga who did nothing to stop him. thats gotta be a hint.

so about this tokei kyutama ... are they only to SEE the past or will they be there?
Kurokage X
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Garo Makai Senki
Dreamy: Kiriko
Favorite Band: Jam Project
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: Yakuza Video Games
Quote: "Yesterday is history. Tomorrow is a mystery. Today is a gift. That's why its called the present." Unknown
Type: INTJ Mastermind

Post by Kurokage X »

I like this episode but first Mizuho Hata is a mom this time, Kotaro I envy you but anyway it seems like Kotaro got some development which is nice.

also plot point for Naga this episode
Currently Watching
Super Sentai: Kiramager
Kamen Rider: Saber
Ultraman: Z

Finished Watching
Super Sentai: Go Onger-Gokaiger, Kyoryuger Onward
Kamen Rider: Kuuga, Kabuto, Kiva, Fourze Onward
Ultraman: Gaia, Nexus, X, Orb-R/B
dannydice64
7X

Post by dannydice64 »

5/5

Another episode that surpasses past episodes of transforming everyone. It seems Kotarou overcome his fears for the loss of his mother.

Next Episode:

Spoiler
*TABLE FLIP* WHY NAAGA?! YOU'RE NOT SUPPOSED TO BE EVIL!!! TBH, I DON'T LIKE HEBITSUKAIMETAL NOR WANT TO SEE NAAGA BECAME EVIL!!! (Hopefully it's just 2 episode arc)
ViRGE
Save the life

Post by ViRGE »

And of course they bring back Octopussy. Urgh. I get that they're going for a running gag, but the execution hasn't been good enough to properly pull that off.
Lunagel wrote:I still think Koutarou is the best character. He's got a clear reason for wanting to save the Earth and really had a moment going there with his mom. This whole episode really was much better for him being the main character.
That's because he's the most authentic. Everyone else is a one-dimensional caricature of some kind, be it the fishy chef, the overly eager Red, or the delusional Pink. Kotarou on the other hand is an honest to goodness well-balanced individual who wants to save the galaxy rather than spout of catch phrases.

Is it sad that the best character on the show is the damned kid?
takenoko wrote:Aw man, Sawai Miyuu last week and Hata Mizuho this week playing a mom. Sucks to grow old.
Humbug. X/2 + 7 is divergent; the older you get, the wider the range becomes. In the long run that s a good thing. :P
Barim
Sentai Senshi
Favorite series: SS: Shinkenger
2nd Favorite Series: KR: Ryuki
Favorite Band: Queen

Post by Barim »

takenoko wrote:Aw man, Sawai Miyuu last week and Hata Mizuho this week playing a mom. Sucks to grow old.

Yeah, checking out the wiki and finding out Kotarou's mom is my age made me feel old... Either that or Kotarou is younger than I thought...

Although a decent use of the 12 characters, I feel like this could have easily been a two parter allowing a better look at some of the characters.

So much (potential) foreshadowing, lets hope it leads somewhere.

Speaking of 'foreshadowing' still that hologram addressing his highest commanders, looking forward to where they are going with that.

Also, what is up with that female Vice-Shogun? That personality and voice combined with that chest and belly...
Spoiler
Once the Heron to set his path,
Twice the Heron to name him true,
Once the Dragon for remembrance lost,
Twice the Dragon for the price he must pay.
Eternal_Winterbane
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Go-Busters

Post by Eternal_Winterbane »

Barim wrote: Also, what is up with that female Vice-Shogun? That personality and voice combined with that chest and belly...
Want me to make that image even worse? That Vice-Shogun is voiced by Arisa Komiya, aka Yoko Usami from Go-busters.. Yeah it's going to be somewhat weird.

Overall, I enjoyed this episode alot more than the past few episodes in regards to the writers remembering that there are 12 members and using it to the advantage of the series, however I am dissapointed that the first Vice-shogun wasn't well developed and the plot point of him not remembering Houou was thrown out way too quickly (unless i blanked that part). Finally I am glad Koutarou's drive was highlighted, tho i was expecting his mother to turn the key during the fight but i'm glad they didn't go that way
njb
Strongest Brave
Strongest Brave
Favorite series: Timeranger
2nd Favorite Series: Fourze

Post by njb »

The less I see KyuutamaJin, the better. And I thought nothing could be uglier than Jyuohger's mecha.

Kotarou got very nice character development. Tecchuu died too early though, like Elidron. :/
Watching:
- SS Kiramei, Deka, Ninnin
- KR Saber
Finished:
- SS Time, Shinken to Toq, Jyuoh to Ryusoul
- KR Decade to Zero-One
Masked Rider
Douza Uru Zazaado
Favorite series: Kamen Rider
2nd Favorite Series: Super Sentai
Dreamy: Shinkenyellow
Favorite Actor?: Ayumi Kinoshita
Favorite Band: Ayumi Hamasaki
Quote: Shadow Kick!!!

Post by Masked Rider »

The time it took to complete the roll call, they could have been taken down 4 times over.

Return to “Uchuu Sentai KyuuRanger”