KR Ex-Aid 44 released

Aids forever!
Forum rules

Kamen Rider Ex-Aid Wiki Link

< Ghost | Ex-Aid | Build >

Spoiler rules: No posting information about unreleased stuff. Preview and movie promo discussion must be in marked spoiler tags.

Ratings

Poll ended at Sat Sep 02, 2017 8:52 pm

☆☆☆☆☆
63%
☆☆☆☆
17%
☆☆☆
13%
☆☆
8%
No votes

Total votes: 24
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

KR Ex-Aid 44 released

Post by takenoko »

<Previous Ep
Wiki Article
Next Ep>

Alt title - Mecha Bunny appears

Last week's poll rating: 3.91 / 5 (22 votes)

I thought this was the end of Ex-Aid's story. What's the next Rider doing cameoing so early?

Poppy's death was kind of unearned. She wasn't really much of a character and it's not like she was useful either. Anytime I see her I wonder what she's doing in this story. But the moment where she acts like Kuroto's mom was sweet.

Parado's death was pretty good. It was the perfect knockout end to his arc. Everything else I can take or leave.

Why does the Gamedeus vaccine still work? Didn't the mutation from Gamedeus combining with Chronos cause everyone to get reinfected, thus meaning the old vaccine no longer worked?

The bit with the SD Riders returning was kind of cool. I liked that at least.

If Build's first episode is a thematic plot mess like Ex-Aid's was, I don't think I'll be watching Rider next year.
Kurokage X
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Garo Makai Senki
Dreamy: Kiriko
Favorite Band: Jam Project
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: Yakuza Video Games
Quote: "Yesterday is history. Tomorrow is a mystery. Today is a gift. That's why its called the present." Unknown
Type: INTJ Mastermind

Re: KR Ex-Aid 44 released

Post by Kurokage X »

it's cool to see the chibi riders one last time, even though I have questions for Kuroto & Kiriya about it since the former just randomly pulls it from his ass since last I remember the case with the Protogashats are back at Genm Corp while the latter has the Bakusou bike gashat which looks exactly like the one he uses to get a human body in rider so how does he tell the difference like does he place a sticker on the back of the gashats that says original and humanoid. And there's also the fact that when the chibi riders go for the critical strike they don't revert back to human form immediately so how does that work other than plot armor.

Now for the rider we've been waiting for, Build. He appears and attacks Genm, going full circle with what Genm did when he debut in Ghost's last two episodes with the mistaken colors & eyes. For a physicist I would have thought he did research on Ex-Aid beforehand but nope he just attacked Genm because he looked like Ex-Aid and needed a sample to make his rider legacy gimmick thing I don't give a crap about.

Poppy dies because we have to have that obligatory female riders can't be allowed to live because I see no plausible reason for her to die unless she holds additional code/dna to counteract the Gamedeus Cronus bugster virus because she's been helping the riders the times she wasn't evil and now my head hurts just writing all that.

Parado dies too, which seems like for real this episode but the final episode and one episode kinda proves that he can be brought back via Mighty Bros XX unless Emu has to grab a piece of Parado's code/dna to save him and god my head hurts trying to figure this out thanks to Poppy

and Masamune is still alive which I say makes sense considering he and Gamedeus are separate but can we end this since I thought he was a complete bugster when he injected himself with Gamedeus and I wave the white flag trying to make some of the things Ex-Aid has been giving us lately make sense

as for the episode, it's good but I think there are ways it could be better
Currently Watching
Super Sentai: Kiramager
Kamen Rider: Saber
Ultraman: Z

Finished Watching
Super Sentai: Go Onger-Gokaiger, Kyoryuger Onward
Kamen Rider: Kuuga, Kabuto, Kiva, Fourze Onward
Ultraman: Gaia, Nexus, X, Orb-R/B
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

I didn't really feel anything when Poppy and Parado died. Maybe because so far death has been pretty cheap in this series? Parados was done better.

Oh goody. Cronut survived. Again. Who didn't see that coming.

The Level 1 fight to remove the virus was a nice touch, but it just goes to show how stupid the whole thing was given that it hasn't been used since the first arc. My question is how did Kuroto get Proto Mighty Action-X? Shouldn't his dad still have it because of the time loop?

Lastly, the rider cameo thing in series needs to stop. Build claims he is a pacifist and straight up murders GEMN. I did however like how he was confused for Ex-Aid, much like at the end of Ghost.
Renigami
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Post by Renigami »

I know Japanese understanding of English and whatnot, but come on, we have not in the TV series proper shown that Dan Masamune's Kamen Rider Chronicle has even gone overseas. Or even outside of Japan. Or even shown outbreaks outside the city.

The doctors with even their study of the English language along the way should know that this is an endemic. Not a pandemic (and yes according to wiki, it means spreading across continents).

I blame "hollywood" usage to indicate something worse, when really this episode shows none of such a stake. You cannot just tell me you can slap a bugster mask on the production crew and tell them to run around being infected. At least spray some skin safe orange on their exposed arms and hands, peppered with white. Hell, the director can even film the aftermath of the cured populace before the mass hysteria endemic with everyone painted up.

I do not even sense that dire attachment of a consequence of losing Poppy. What did she indeed really contribute other than discovering Kuroto and bringing him back? She is too comic relief for me to care and her Asuna form does not play much of a nursing role. I dare say that Hirro's nurses did more nursing than what she did throughout the entire series. Oh hey just like an NPC of a bad immersive JPRG! Fought to the very end... more like stood around til the very end and informed everyone that she can even do this.....

Build's short cameo is early. But it is not like Toei set a firm tradition with this anyways (Fourze, Haruto doesn't even show up transformed for instance). But it at least gives me a sense of what Build is to be. Pacifist eh? I do not think I would like this guy already (because Japan wants to portray these types as whiny as much as possible).

Other than the W2.0 vibe, I do look forward to Build - but please Toei do not even make it as absurd as the forms that Ghost or OOOs even have to count in many to not care for - despite your attempts Toei to combo max for merchandise..

I would have preferred that crank to be a ratchet motion instead like a ratcheting wrench. But whatever.

And yet another CGI boss to not care about. It is as if these are numbing my sense of what is dire as well in a Kamen Rider show - because literally every time you can render all the time - win scenarios and noise everywhere.

Oh and hello "product that encourages people to now look very close at their screen/glorified smartphone screen duct taped to the users face in gaming isolation" I mean VR helmet mask thing the opening alludes to with that "True Ending" business.

Build better not mimic another Bandai already done marketing thing - and that is Gundam Build Fighters.... But it already is looking as such so I will brace myself for disappointment. At least this yearly Precure is decent. Congratulations Ex-aid, you went full on Digimon at the end.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

Oh, I didn't know that there was a difference between endemic and pandemic. Good to know
nanamarfo
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Ex-Aid
2nd Favorite Series: Gaim
Dreamy: Yuki Jojima
Favorite Band: RIDER CHIPS
Quote: "My life is burning bright!" -Takeru Tenkuji

Post by nanamarfo »

Ok why is GameDeus the fake out villain? I should have seen that coming, but admittedly I was surprised.

Poppy...why did you have to die?

Parad... why did you have to die?

Bulid! Why are you here? There is no cross over episode this year.

Good Episode, but next week I have a feeling Chronos will reset everything ahead of True Ending.
NOMarfo
Mandalori
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Dreamy: Koyomi / Rian
Quote: Lost in Thoughts All Alone

Favorite Super Sentai : Goseiger / Kyoryuuger / ToQger / Kyuuranger
Favorite Kamen Rider : Wizard / Gaim / Ex-Aid / Build / Zero-One
Favorite Garo : Yami Wo Terasu Mono / Gold Storm Shou / Kami No Kiba

Post by Mandalori »

Well, if True Ending is canon, then that mean that Parado's and Poppy's death will be undone since they both are in the movie.
ViRGE
Save the life

Post by ViRGE »

After the mess that has been the plot of the past few episodes, I'm glad to see that Ex-Aid is back on track. In the back of my mind I still can't shake the feeling that it wasn't meant to go down quite like this, but now that we're down to the last pair of episodes, it has a better sense of where it needs to go.

This episode was a bit by-the-numbers, I suppose, but I enjoyed it quite a bit. The Gamedeus virus going endemic is a good end of the world scenario to cap off the series, and the zombie-like nature of the mook Bugsters makes for a few good sight gags (particularly double-Bugster Kiriya and the Bugster who got the TV announcer). Even Masamune was tolerable, if only because he didn't have all that much to do in this episode (but still, I'll be glad to be rid of him).

Being one of the last episodes and one of the last big fights, the second fight scene was also well done. Though I was really hoping that the writers had forgotten about the Level 1 forms for good; but no dice. I am however glad that they remembered Genm's Level 2 form; we really haven't seen all that much of Genm (as opposed to Dangerous Zombie) since it was retired so early in the series. Double so for talky Genm. Even if it's just a palette swap, it's nice to have Dan out and about. That he ran into KR Build is less exciting, but I will say that I'll take this over burning a whole damn episode on a crossover. (Build has already killed someone, and the series hasn't even started!)

I am disappointed however that we didn't get the real OP for this episode, since they usually skip it for the final episode. This was the last chance to use it, as opposed to that stupid movie advert...

And Parado, you idiot!
takenoko wrote:Poppy's death was kind of unearned. She wasn't really much of a character and it's not like she was useful either. Anytime I see her I wonder what she's doing in this story. But the moment where she acts like Kuroto's mom was sweet.
I'll agree on the former, but not the latter. She was a supporting character, and while in the grandest Toei tradition she was almost always overshadowed by one of the main characters, she had her moments as Rider, narrator, nurse, and comedic foil to Emu and Dan. I do agree however that her death just sort of happens without the buildup it deserved.

But good news for Nico: you've been promoted to the lead actress! :P
Why does the Gamedeus vaccine still work? Didn't the mutation from Gamedeus combining with Chronos cause everyone to get reinfected, thus meaning the old vaccine no longer worked?
The vaccine wasn't originally given to the general population. Emu used it directly on Gamedeus to defeat him the first time. The reason why the infection stopped was because Gamedeus was stopped, not because the population was made immune.
Catastrophe wrote:I didn't really feel anything when Poppy and Parado died. Maybe because so far death has been pretty cheap in this series? Parados was done better.
At this point, who hasn't died and come back to life? Dan and Kiriya are way dead, Graphite died, Parado was killed by Emu (save for a technicality), Taiga may as well have died, and I want to lump Emu in there as well. Even friggin Masamune died! Poppy, Hiiro, and Nico were the only characters who didn't try very hard to bite it in the first 43 episodes... (For a show about doctors, why is it that it's the doctors doing all the dying?! :lol: )
Last edited by ViRGE on Thu Aug 24, 2017 4:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Post by Lunagel »

Ghost: "We're gonna set a record for how many times a main character dies!"

Ex-Aid: "Hold my stethoscope."
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

ViRGE wrote:But good news for Nico: you've been promoted to the lead actress! :p
You jest, but Nico's got some decent characterization. She just suffers from too much standing-around-and-watching syndrome. At least transform and get knocked out of it like a proper heroine in a Toei show. Gosh.
njb
Strongest Brave
Strongest Brave
Favorite series: Timeranger
2nd Favorite Series: Fourze

Post by njb »

Kamen rider Beard, I mean, Build, sanjou!
Watching:
- SS Kiramei, Deka, Ninnin
- KR Saber
Finished:
- SS Time, Shinken to Toq, Jyuoh to Ryusoul
- KR Decade to Zero-One
Phoenix512
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top

Post by Phoenix512 »

Catastrophe wrote:Lastly, the rider cameo thing in series needs to stop. Build claims he is a pacifist and straight up murders GEMN. I did however like how he was confused for Ex-Aid, much like at the end of Ghost.
It won't stop especially Toei has spread it to the Precure series last year. I won't be surprised if there's a cameo of next year's Sentai in the final episode of KyuuRanger.
Renigami wrote:Build better not mimic another Bandai already done marketing thing - and that is Gundam Build Fighters.... But it already is looking as such so I will brace myself for disappointment. At least this yearly Precure is decent. Congratulations Ex-aid, you went full on Digimon at the end.
Gundam Build Fighters was a great show that knew it was a giant ad for Gunpla models. I don't think Build will be similar to Gundam Build Fighters at all. Also the current Precure series is terrible and I watched every series except one. I couldn't continue watching it after episode 13.

I think Poppy became less hyper as the series went on and really made me like her a lot more compared to some other female main characters in the past.
Renigami
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Post by Renigami »

Phoenix512 wrote: Gundam Build Fighters was a great show that knew it was a giant ad for Gunpla models. I don't think Build will be similar to Gundam Build Fighters at all. Also the current Precure series is terrible and I watched every series except one. I couldn't continue watching it after episode 13.

I think Poppy became less hyper as the series went on and really made me like her a lot more compared to some other female main characters in the past.
Kira Kira set the tone of it being simple, playful and colorful and kept it consistent with the interplay of its episodic plot and characters. I did not expect anything different even after 13. It knew it does not have to be "dark" or "serious". Just bad guys that wanted to steal cake - but that even then gradually evolved too. Least it wasn't trying to repeat the lightning that was Heartcatch/Futari Wa (Happiness Charge/Splash Star). Anything that was unexpected at least had some ties (save for the hyper high school fan girl group).

Poppy was indeed more bearable - but it is a shame that the writers had not fallen back on what she is there in CR to do - be a nurse. She was not written to take that responsibility and yet is another stand around character for exposition. She was even capable of using the cyan Bugster driver (whom none of the other riders at this point even bothered with anymore) and by late to end series have all opportunities to henshin - but did not.

Build fighters for me was a watered down Angelic Layer to be fair and focused more on the toy aspect - with the main character drive simply disconnected compared to the protagonist in Angelic Layer. All the workings of Angelic Layer were for an ultimate goal that made sense. Build Fighters workings is another Minovksy particle hand wave excusal thing.
ViRGE
Save the life

Post by ViRGE »

takenoko wrote:
ViRGE wrote:But good news for Nico: you've been promoted to the lead actress! :p
You jest, but Nico's got some decent characterization. She just suffers from too much standing-around-and-watching syndrome. At least transform and get knocked out of it like a proper heroine in a Toei show. Gosh.
She did. And if they do a spin-off movie, as bad as those have sometimes been, I wouldn't mind a movie focusing on her. She's essentially Emu had he not become a doctor; a gamer without the weight of the world on her shoulders.
Draccy
7X
Favorite series: One Piece
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider
Dreamy: Nico Robin
Favorite Actor?: Liam Neeson
Favorite Band: T-Pistonz+KMC
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: Kamen Rider

Post by Draccy »

The Level 1 fight was a pretty nice throwback, and I felt some sadness from Parad's death. Hopefully it is real death and we don't see him next episode.
I think Kiriya's death was the only one that gave true feels to people, since we never thought he'd return. I don't think.
Poppy's death was also sad, and again, hopefully it's a true death.

Build calling himself a pacifist makes me think how the Iron Fist in Ultimate Spider-Man called himself a pacifist.
Basically they fought in defense a majority of the time; but that just basically means they're nonaggressive.
Then again, if I recall the trailer correctly, Build (out of transformation) started the fight with the escaped prisoner guy?
Who knows.

Return to “Kamen Rider Ex-Aid”