KyuuRanger Space.30 released

SPACE SQUADRON KITAAA!!!
Forum rules

Uchuu Sentai KyuuRanger Wiki Link

< Jyuohger | KyuuRanger | Lupin VS Pat

Spoiler rules: No posting information about unreleased stuff. Preview and movie promo discussion must be in marked spoiler tags.

Ratings

Poll ended at Sat Sep 30, 2017 8:11 pm

☆☆☆☆☆
52%
☆☆☆☆
19%
☆☆☆
10%
☆☆
5%
14%

Total votes: 21
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

KyuuRanger Space.30 released

Post by takenoko »

< Previous
Wiki
Next >

Last week's results: 4.6 / 5 (10 votes)

Alternate Title - Tsurugi, the nudist savior

I had another one:

Alternate Title - Lucky, the main dish

Looks like KyuuRanger is doing pretty well lately. Last time got a decently good score. This time was also pretty decent.

Red-only upgrade, but no point in discussing group upgrades since there's like 13 members in this team now. Looks good, despite being suspiciously similar to fruit lord's final form. The key to saving the galaxy is being biracial?

So Lucky's only a descendant of Orion. I guess it's not as cliche, but I was still rooting for them to be directly related, since it would have created a more direct bond between them. That said, we still know nothing about the tragedy of Lucky's backstory, despite it being hinted early on. We can only assume Jark Matter shot his parents in a dark alley, thus turning him into the man he is today.

And despite being a fun episode, we still know nothing about how Don Armage is still alive. So we don't discover his secret, despite all this.

Why is Shou staying? If Champ and Raptor remain, since they're robots they can just live on to the present day. I mean, Balance is actually alive at this point in the story, since he's at least 300 years old, right? Anyway, it always feels like they're making excuses to not use Raptor on missions anyway...
TypicalStandUser
Save the life
Favorite series: Amazons
2nd Favorite Series: GoBusters
Dreamy: Kaho Shibuya
Favorite Actor?: Julia Louis-Dreyfus
Favorite Band: Owarikara
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: Cooking food
Quote: Oh snap! Lemon Pepper Wet?!

Re: KyuuRanger Space.30 released

Post by TypicalStandUser »

Alternate Title - Tsurugi, the nudist savior
All the mommas in their houses had fun!!
we still know nothing about how Don Armage is still alive. So we don't discover his secret, despite all this.
I wouldn't be surprised if the Past!Armage Tsurugi and ShishiRed took down was some puppet to the real one hiding somewhere totally obscure.

Alright episode. Enjoy your Super Mode, Shishiboy.
The haters all around this world can drink Childish Gambino's daycare while I, the insignificant nobody they branded as, continue to survive & thrive.
Slowking
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top
Favorite series: Magi/Geki/Gokai/Kiva
2nd Favorite Series: Gosei/W
Quote: Henshin!

Post by Slowking »

Wow maybe the first 5/5 for Kyuuranger from me so far?

Power-up looks cool and the fight scene with the new song was rad.

Despite the power-up, Orion is dead, Don Armage is still somehow alive (is he immortal?! Hi Long from Gekiranger), the future hasn't been saved, their very existence is in risk and two of their members have to stay in the past because of that and Naaga is still under Akyanbaa's control. This has turned into a thrilling sentai episode arc; we haven't had one in a while I think.

Next week:
Spoiler
Akyaa!!!!
takenoko wrote: Sat Sep 16, 2017 8:11 pmAnyway, it always feels like they're making excuses to not use Raptor on missions anyway...
It's simply ridiculous now!
Behold the Emperor!
Arigomi
Save the life
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Board Games

Post by Arigomi »

Dramatic revival with a pointy object like a sword looks strange. Tsurugi should've had it sheathed in the shield so that it didn't look so threatening.

I never liked the idea of a hero dying while frozen in a dramatic pose.

Shou is probably staying behind because his back problems are becoming too much of a nuisance lately. Shou could return to the future by going into cold sleep like Tsurugi.
dannydice64
7X

Post by dannydice64 »

5/5

WOW!!! Shishi Red Orion is extremely EPIC!!!

He's counted as both Red and White Rangers

Still I'm very worried for Sho and Champ, I wish they were sleep in capsule just like Tsurugi

Hopefully Naaga will return to the heroes once again
ViRGE
Save the life

Post by ViRGE »

Not quite as strong as last week's episode, but I still enjoyed it. The weakness is once again that Lucky just isn't a very compelling character, though in the case of this episode the dramatic tension wasn't handled quite as well. I do like the Lucky-shattering setup at the end, though.:)
takenoko wrote: Sat Sep 16, 2017 8:11 pm
Red-only upgrade, but no point in discussing group upgrades since there's like 13 members in this team now. Looks good, despite being suspiciously similar to fruit lord's final form.
I beg to differ. It's been 5 years since a team power-up, and if anything they've only gotten worse over time. Now they're not even trying to share Red's power-up with the rest of the group. You're not wrong about the number of characters posing an issue, but at least they could share the damn thing...
The key to saving the galaxy is being biracial?
Given that this is Japan, somehow I don't think that was meant to be the point.:o
That said, we still know nothing about the tragedy of Lucky's backstory, despite it being hinted early on. We can only assume Jark Matter shot his parents in a dark alley, thus turning him into the man he is today.

And despite being a fun episode, we still know nothing about how Don Armage is still alive. So we don't discover his secret, despite all this.
Aye. It's actually a bit disappointing how little the trip to the past seems to have settled. The characters have confirmation that Tsuguri wasn't wrong in thinking he defeated Armage. And really, that's about it from a plot perspective. Otherwise it was just a trip to get Red his power-up.
Why is Shou staying? If Champ and Raptor remain, since they're robots they can just live on to the present day. I mean, Balance is actually alive at this point in the story, since he's at least 300 years old, right? Anyway, it always feels like they're making excuses to not use Raptor on missions anyway...
That's bugging me as well. I'm not necessarily opposed to sidelining some of the characters since this show has too many. But in this case it doesn't make a lot of sense. Plus when the writers aren't playing up old man gags, Shou is arguably the mentor of the group.

As for Balance, isn't it too early for that? This is set 333 years in the past; I want to say Balance wasn't built until -300 years or so?
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

Is it 333? Guess I was wrong, since Naaga was 300 years old as of episode 7.
TokuCasual
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Post by TokuCasual »

In a strange turn of events, this is the first Sentai series I've made it through. I can never get into previous Sentais due to the fatigue the franchise seemed to give. Monster come, monster grows, mech battle, repeat. Yet for some reason, this kept me going. I just started this randomly out of boredom and by episode 2 I was hooked. Watched them all in two days now I'm all caught up. Yes, Lucky is annoying, but even so, I feel he's not enough to drag the series down. Not for me anyway as I think he's alright. This has got to be the fastest pace Sentai I've ever seen. Story arcs and episodes go by in a flash. Especially the mech battle parts. Maybe that's why I don't feel the fatigue. I actually liked every episode so far, if I went back in time to rate them as they were airing, I would have given 4-5s across the board.

Sorry to make my entrance post on this series here. I'll add something regarding this episode. I enjoyed it quite a lot. The new form looks awesome and the ost is as well. Loved all the ost in this series. Balance is my fav character. Speaking of Balance, the humor and seriousness I feel are balanced pretty great throughout. But yes, cool white suit, cool powers, and just fun all around. I give this one a 5.
Phoenix512
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top

Post by Phoenix512 »

takenoko wrote: Fri Sep 22, 2017 12:49 am Is it 333? Guess I was wrong, since Naaga was 300 years old as of episode 7.
You mean Balance not Naaga.

The Orion upgrade suit reminds me of Big One from JAKQ.

I'm pretty sure that Champ can stay active for 300 years and think he would be the one that will figure out how Don Armage is still ticking in the present.

Orion had a nice death pose. That's like a boss death style for sure.
midorininger
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Shinkenger
2nd Favorite Series: Dekaranger
My boom: Transformers

Post by midorininger »

well im glad it wasnt everyone dumping their powers into lucky. i would have hated that. im not thrilled its not a team power up either. im kinda getting tired of the Red getting ALL the toys. i get with jyuohger why it worked the way it did, as i guess the Jyuman couldnt absorb other Jyuman? and Lion Ha-oh was sharable, they just didnt.
Tsurugi using his sword could have been done Inuyasha Tensega style i think.

but im sad Champ and Shou stayed behind. but ALSO this means where down to 10 now. which is fine but that doesnt mean everyone is going to get any chance to develop.

and come on guys they remarked how they, the vice shoguns, looked different in the past. so just because they have same names doesnt mean they as same person. the future didnt change, im betting because nothing they did really impacted it.
interesting note, past don armage said he couldnt control his power in that form. i wonder what THAT meant?
Cyborg-Lucario
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Black/Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Fourze/Gokaiger
Dreamy: Garou (Ookami Blue)
Alignment: Lawful Neutral
Type: INFJ Counselor

Post by Cyborg-Lucario »

It was a good episode, even if it was a bummer there was only a Red upgrade (which does look cool I have to admit) and not a team upgrade.

It makes me wonder what will happen next. Champ may find out the reason as to how Don Armage is still alive and that it may have something to do with Doctor Anton. Just my guess.
A cyborg pokémon who may or may not be a Kamen Rider.
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

So while I found this enjoyable and all, I kind of feel like it ruins whatever premise they were setting up in the original timeline with Don Armage. They had this nice nobody knows whats going on in regards to his revival and why the commanders look different, but killing him in the past didn't really accomplish anything. Maybe they'll clear it up.

Lucky's new form looks cool. It's a shame it just kind of rips off Gaims final form for no real thematic reason and has wormhole powers. He should have gotten Orions club and the barrier.
Eternal_Winterbane
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Go-Busters
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral

Post by Eternal_Winterbane »

Catastrophe wrote: Sun Sep 24, 2017 2:25 pm Lucky's new form looks cool. It's a shame it just kind of rips off Gaims final form for no real thematic reason and has wormhole powers. He should have gotten Orions club and the barrier.
To be honest, I see the wormhole powers as a homage/tribute to Fate/Zero's Gilgamesh and his ultimate move. I still don't like it's only Lucky to get this power up and be the one to 'defeat' Don Armage as it seriously ruins Houou's character

Return to “Uchuu Sentai KyuuRanger”